OOC First Name
Soho
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 9 1/2 Inch Sturdy Ivy Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
OOC: I messed up the tags! It's not open after! Also feel free to order anything you want, sky's the limit (if you want to!)

The outside of the building was painted an egg-shell white. The bakery had been open for no more than six years, but there was a worn-out look to the building's front, giving it a "magical look". Vines, flower pots and fairy lights adorned the front door, along with a big sign reading "Montgomery's" in handwritten cursive. The streets were filled with the smell of baked goods and the joyous faces of children and adults alike, going in and out, carrying respective bags of sweets, treats and other... more magical things. Inside the bakery, a glass display of colourful and delicious looking treats stood beside where Lillith was sitting. Lillith sat at the front counter, with her usual bright face on, waiting to ring up the next customer. "Hi! How may I help you today?"

@Skylar Anderson

Ooc: All good! (and if what I've gathered about Lillith is right, it's something she'd do anyway haha) and also nice unintentional pun! Skylar sometimes goes by Sky, so 'Sky's' the limit... :teehee:

Skylar was once again walking the streets alone, on the one hand happy to be away from her family, but on the other hand slightly disappointed that it had come to this. She loved her family, of course she did, but she could never have expected her magical abilities and going to Hogwarts to have such a big impact on her relationship with her parents and twin brother. She missed the days when they'd play together in the forest together, or when she'd help her mum in the garden or her father with the animals and didn't have to worry about anything. Of course she'd never give up magic and her life at Hogwarts but she sometimes couldn't help but wish it didn't affect her relationship with her family as much...

Lost in thought, she slowly began to smell something delicious nearby. She looked around her to see where she'd ended up and saw a beautiful building that had a steady stream of people coming in and out, each one carrying something delicious looking in their hands or in small bags. Curious to see what this place was, Skylar decided to enter, too enticed by the sweet smell to rethink her decision. She entered an even more beautiful interior, with what looked to be tons of different sweet treats, ranging from lollies, to baked goods to things she wasn't even sure what were since she'd never seen them before but looked delicious nonetheless.

She'd been admiring the various baked goods when a voice startled her. A girl about her age was seated behind the counter, and Skylar could swear she knew her from somewhere. She was pretty sure she'd seen her around Hogwarts, although she definitely wasn't in Gryffindor. "Oh, hi! Could I please get a brownie and a chocolate chip cookie?" she replied after a brief pause, not sure which one to go for, so she just chose to get both. "And sorry this is kinda random, but you go to Hogwarts right?" she made sure to keep her voice slightly below standard volume just in case there were any muggles around, but now that she knew she'd seen the girl before, she wanted to be sure from where. And judging from the easy grin on the girl's face, she could definitely be a potential friend or at least someone who Skylar could talk to these holidays, so she didn't want to pass up the opportunity to get to know her better.

Lillith grinned and wrote the girl's order down but just as she was about to stand up from the counter, the girl asked another question. Lillith gasped and immediately went to shush the girl. "SHHhh. Come with me." Lillith said immediately as she opened the half doors that connected the counter area to the rest of the bakery. She gestured the girl to come in and shouted for the woman her parents had hired for the bakery while Lillith had been off to Hogwarts. "Mrs. Park! Could you cover for me!" Soon, a woman in her forties came rushing out of the kitchens and gave Lillith a smile and a nod. Lillith took the girl's arm and brought her to the kitchens.

"Hi! Sorry about that! I'm Lillith!" She said, introducing herself. She recognised the girl a little, they were both in the same year, but she couldn't remember what house or what her name was. "There's a lot of muggles this time around in the bakery, so we've got to be a bit more careful when mentioning anything related to magic." She explained.

Skylar frowned slightly as the girl told her to follow her to the kitchens. She hoped she hadn't done anything wrong, but just in case she had, she didn't want to make it worse, so without any further questions she followed the girl and walked into the kitchen. Thankfully it didn't seem like she'd done anything too bad, the other girl just introduced herself and told her there were quite a few muggles around, so it was mostly just as a precaution that they talked in here, rather than next to the counter. Realising she should probably introduce herself too, she smiled and said "Ahh yes I thought I recognised you from somewhere! I'm Skylar by the way." she added, in a voice that was still slightly quieter than usual, just to make sure that no muggles overheard her.

Before she could say anything else though, the smell of some sort of freshly baked good just being pulled out of an oven hit her nose and she immediately turned to Lillith, her eyes wide. "Woah that smells amazing! What it is?!" she said with a grin, curious to see what delicious thing had just been baked, and what it was that she could potentially buy. She didn't go shopping in Obsidian Harbour or Brightstone Village that often, which meant she had quite a few galleons saved up, and now that she was here she was determined to use some of them, especially at a place like this where everything smelled amazing.

Lillith grinned. "I'm a hufflepuff, What house are you in?' She asked, always happy to make a new friend. Maybe they'd see each other more often in school.

Lillith went to wash her hands before getting back to work in the kitchens. "Oh! I've been working on some things! Do you wanna try some?" She asked Skylar. Lillith had been working on some sugar-free recipes that she'd found in her mother's recipe books that they had back at their house. "They're... sugar-free-Che-rry-brow-nies." She sread each syllable off from the open recipe book that stood on top of one of the counters, whilst putting on some oven mitts. She took them from the worker with a smile. "They're not for the bakery yet so we can eat all of it." Lillith said grinning.

Skylar smiled as Lillith told her she was a Hufflepuff. It wasn't hard to tell, the girl radiated happiness and kindness, so even if Skylar had to have taken a guess as to which house the girl was in, she probably would have picked Hufflepuff. "Oh I'm in Gryffindor." she added, a small but proud smile on her face. She loved her house and couldn't imagine being in any other one, although if everyone in Hufflepuff was like Lillith, she'd definitely consider that one as well.

At Lillith's offer for trying some of her sugar-free recipes, Skylar couldn't help the grin on her face. "Do I?! Of course I do, that shouldn't even be a question!" she replied with a laugh, always keen to try new things, especially if they involved delicious food. And when she said they weren't for the bakery Skylar's grin grew even wider. "Yay, that's awesome! But I have to warn you, if you offer them to me I can promise you there won't be any left after I'm done with them!" she added, a mischievous smile playing on her lips. "So... how long do I have to wait before I can eat them without burning all of my tastebuds off?" she asked with a grin. Not waiting long enough was a mistake she'd made one too many times in the past, so now she always asked because it was better to be safe than sorry!

Lillith put the tray of brownies on the counter. "That's great to hear! You'll be absolutely stuffed when you leave." She beamed. "About 10 minutes and it should be ready." They would most likely still be warm then, but the wouldn't burn any taste buds off. She looked towards the cooling rack for some of the food she'd made a while ago. She took two muffins one for Skylar and one for herself. "Here! We can eat this while we wait for the brownies to cool."

Lillith, before handing the muffin to Skylar asked, "Umm... Do you have any allergies?" She had almost forgotten about, it would've been a disaster if Skylar had eaten it to find out she'd been allergic to something in the treats. Lillith didn't have any allergies as far as she knew, but she'd seen some horrible allergic reactions happen to other people.

Skylar's eyes widenened as Lillith told her she'd have to wait 10 minutes for the brownies to cool. "That long?!" she mock gasped, before letting out a small laugh. She grinned as Lillith handed her a muffin to eat while they waited. "Ahh yes thank you!!" she smiled, and immediately bit into the muffin. It was so so so good!! "This is quite possibly the best muffin I've ever had." she added, definitely thinking that it was better than a bunch she'd had before. "Hmm, nope, I don't think so?" she replied in between bites, hoping that she didn't have any allergies. "Actually, maybe I'm allergic to brussell sprouts..." she grinned, knowing full well that she wasn't allergic, but she hated them, and what better way to ensure she wouldn't have to eat them than to pretend she was allergic!

Taking the final bite of her muffin Skylar gasped as she realised something. "Oh wait, I just remembered! You play on the Hufflepuff Quidditch Team right?" she asked Lillith with a smile, although the question probably seemed to come a bit out of the blue. Skylar desperately wanted to get onto the Quidditch Team this year and play, and she wondered whether Lillith might be able to help her practice, since she was fairly certain she was a chaser, which was the position she wanted to get.

Lillith giggled at Skylar's reaction to the time. Most baked goods took longer time to cool but this one wasn't for selling or for display, they were only for eating so they didn't need to wait as much. "It should be the best muffin you've ever had!" She said proudly. Somewhere in the bakery front, a good number of award certificates was framed on a wall. She hadn't gotten a chance to read all of them yet, but she knew that they meant official smart people agreed that the bakery sweets were good.

Lillith gasped, "Me too! I hate brussel sprouts." She'd tried pretending to be allergic to brussel sprouts when she was back in England but they never believed that and she was forced to eat it. "Mhmm! Yup! I play chaser!" She said excitedly. "I'm still an alternate but I'm going to become an official player this year!" She said. Lillith was going to practice all break and learn some new quidditch tricks. She was going to impress the captains and seem really cool and then Hufflepuff would make it to the finals and win that too. She was sure of it.

Skylar laughed when Lillith told her that she hated brussell sprouts too. It was probably a universal thing, since she was sure she hadn't met anyone who actually liked them before!

"Oh yeah, I thought I recognised you from something to do with quidditch." Skylar grinned at her before adding "Oh wow that's so exciting! I'm sure you'll get it!!" from what it looked like, Lillith was super into the sport, and Skylar sincerely hoped she'd get onto the team. "I'm going to be trying out again this year, so hopefully I'll make it onto the Gryffindor team!" she smiled, "And how much fun would it be if we ended up playing against each other?!" she added excitedly. She was almost certain that if she did get in she'd only be an alternate, but maybe in a few years they could properly play against one another. But for now... "Hey, actually, since we both want to get onto the teams, do you want to practice together sometime?" she asked, hoping that Lillith would say yes. The extra practice would definitely be good for her, and it would be fun to hang out together at Hogwarts anyway.

"Thanks!" Lillith said, she checked the timer and saw that ten minutes had passed. Lillith took the tray of brownies and cut them into little cubes. " Yes! That would be so amazing! Have you tried riding on a broom upside down?" She asked Skylar. Lillith's been practicing some quidditch tricks in her free time and so far it'd been going great. "We definitely should! Maybe when we get back to Hogwarts we can practice in the pitch?" She didn't think her backyard was big or hidden enough for two quidditch players. and it wasn't too long till school began again. "Here you go!" She handed Skylar a plate of brownies and a fork, as well as prepared one for herself.

Grabbing a brownie that Lillith passed to her, she bit into it, and let a content smile settle on her face as she felt the warmth and delicious sweetness of it in her mouth. “You probably could have guessed that I’d say this but... this is so good I can’t believe you made these! You have to give me the recipe sometime!” She said with a grin, although she knew that baking wasn’t exactly her area of expertise. Although maybe they could give the recipe to the house elves for them to make...

Realising she was getting sidetracked she let out a gasp of surprise as she heard Lillith question whether she’d ever ridden a broom upside down. “Oh, no I haven’t, have you?” She asked, wondering whether she could teach her. That could definitely be good to show off in the tryouts, although it would definitely be fun on it’s own too! Her grin widened even more as Lillith asked her whether she’d want to practice with her once they got back to Hogwarts. “Yes! I’d love that!!” She replied and she couldn’t help but be excited, hoping that it would obviously improve her flying skills, but also that she could become better friends with Lillith who seemed really great so far. “I can’t wait! It’s going to be so much fun!” Then realising what would make it even better she added, “And it would be even more fun if you brought some of your delicious baking! Just putting that option out there...” she said with a laugh, a part of her knowing it was just a joke but another part of her wondering (and hoping!) whether she’d actually bring them.

"Hehe, Thanks!" Lillith giggled. She loved getting compliments. "I can send it to you! Do you have a phone?" She asked. Though she wasn't a muggle-born, Lillith was raised mostly in a muggle setting, her father being an actor and all. She got her first phone early on so that they could contact each other even when he was abroad, working.

"Yup! I have! I could try and teach you when we practice together!" She was eager to get another person riding upside down in the quidditch fields. Maybe she could get her whole school playing a quidditch game upside down by the end of the year. "I'll bring something for sure! We could have a picnic after practice!" She grinned widely. A picnic in the great lawn sounded awesome, Lillith's mind immediately wandered to the sweets she could make, tart, cheesecake, cookies, the possibilities were endless. She took several bites of the brownie, which then reminded her, "Oh wait here!" Lillith rushed to the front and got several chocolate chip cookies. She went back to the kitchens with some packaging materials and the cookies. She quickly packaged the cookies with some more brownies. "Here! Your order!"

Skylar grinned as Lillith agreed to send her the recipe via her phone. "Yeah I do actually!" she replied, digging her phone out of her pocket to give it to her. "Here's my number, if you want to send it to me later when you have time." she added with a smile. Once she was done with that and Lillith told her she had flown upside down on a broom before, Skylar let out a small gasp of disbelief. "What?! That's so cool, you have to teach me someday!" before grinning even more as Lillith told her she'd make a picnic to go along with their practice. "Oh yes!! If all of your baking is anything like today's, I can't wait!" she said with a small laugh.

She glanced at Lillith in surprise as she rushed out of the kitchen back to the customer part, wondering what she was up to, but smiled as she returned with the cookies she'd ordered before. "Thank you! They look amazing!" she couldn't help but admire them. They were perfectly shaped and definitely weren't lacking chocolate chips! "Well I guess I'll see you around school then?" she said, hoping she'd meet with Lillith again when school started, since just this brief interaction had made Skylar forget all about her troubles back home, which was really nice.

Lillith saved Skylar's number, "Yup! I'll send it later!" She said and put her phone away. "Heehee, Very cool. " She said, nodding. Lillith was having an unnecessary but always welcomed confidence boost and she was living for it. "See you, Skylar!!" She waved and went over to her recipe book, looking for something else to bake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back