The McIlvoy Residence

"To be honest I try not to think about it. I mean, it's like a fantasy you know? Well, of course you do." Finn sighed and returned to his plate, deciding to eat some more.

Ford shrugged, "It's kind of a like a fantasy. There's magic and all, but it's not Lord or the Rings or anything. I'm not aware of a book that puts magic in the present day world, but if there were, it would be kind of like my life."

"Oh, there are, they are just less known," Finn said with his mouth full of bacon. He quickly chewed and swallowed the rest so he could continue talking.

"I know it's not like Lord of the Rings or anything, but it's just, it's so cool for her. I'll admit a bit jealous. I mean, why is she is witch, and I'm not a wizard? I know, you don't know, I just wonder sometimes." With a shrug Finn picked up Kaela's coffee and drank the rest of it.

"It's not all it's cracked up to be. Yes, we can use magic and all, but even the most basic first year spell has the very real possibility to kill somebody. And I don't take world history anymore, that was my favorite subject."

Finn turned and looked to Ford as het set down the empty mug. "Hey, if you ever want to know about history, ask one of my parents. Although my da's specialty is Astronomy.

"So you learn how to kill people at school?" Finn asked in confusion. That didn't really seem right.

Ford panicked momentarily, fearing that Finn would be angry, "No," he shook his head, "We learn spells, that if used against someone or miscast, have the potential to kill another person."

Finn gave Ford a skeptical look before standing and picking up the used plates. He walked them to the sink and started cleaning up the kitchen, not really wanting to think about what Ford had just said.

Ford sensed Finn's uneasiness, "I mean, they don't teach to things like that. From what I've seen, Kaela can take care of herself. She may be quiet, but she's smart. She was placed into Ravenclaw for a reason."

"Yeah, she is smart," Finn said as he looked out the window above the sink. He turned around and walked back to the table. "Is that why you like her?"

Ford was caught off guard by the question, "I guess," he shrugged, "She's really smart, although she doesn't talk much, so it's kind of hard to see."

"You guess? Dude, you gotta do better than that to get my approval." Finn picked up some more of the dishes and stuff on the table and continued to clean up.

Ford cocked his head to the side, "Yes," Ford said, with a courage that was slowly eking out of him from Finn's questioning, "She's quite smart. I like in her."

"So, any other reasons why you like my sister, or is it just because she's smart?" Finn stared down at Ford from his standing position on the other side of the table, waiting.

Ford thought for a moment, "Well, she's smart, as previously stated. She's funny, cute, and nice."

"I'm thirteen," Ford said, kind of sensing the mockery.

"Ah, a teenager. Look, you can't handle Kaela, so just give it up." Finn grabbed Ford's plate and cup, which were the last things on the table, and took them to the sink.

Ford, a bit shocked at Finn's response, was about to walk out, but decided another route, "What problem do you have with me, anyway?" Ford asked, rather calmly, which surprised even Ford.

Finn looked up from the dishwasher he had been loading and smirked at Ford. "Well let's see," he began as she walked over to Ford. "You're a punk kid who likes my little sister. Any questions?"

"One. Do you think your going to stop me from asking her out at school?" Ford asked, his tone somewhat icily.

Finn narrowed his eyes at Ford, staring down at him. "I know I can't stop you, especially when you both are in New Zealand and I'm here. But, I can advise you against it. Kaela and I are pretty close, and if you hurt her, I can guarantee you I will find a way to New Zealand and I will not be merciful."

"Well," Ford said, feeling a spurt of confidence, "That's something you don't have to worry about." Having finished up his meal, he stood put his dishes in the sink, and left the kitchen for the guest room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back