OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
After the Major Coding Updates previously announced, a lot of people asked me if there was a way to see which of your posts others had liked - which there was not.
That's changed now, because the system wasn't very useful if there was no way to tell what people liked and everything was just lost in the clutter.

From now on, if you "like" the post's author will be able to see that you liked it and you'll be able to see a record of all the posts you've "liked".
These records are view-able on [member]this webpage[member].
Please note, however, that posts "liked" before last night will not display properly in the webpage (because the codes and database didn't collect the needed information in order to show that information later on). From here on out, such things will be recorded. :)

While this is a somewhat minor update, I think it will give some credence to the 'like' system that was installed on HNZ.
If you have an ideas for where we can link to that webpage so everybody can have easy access to it, feel free to share them with me. ^_^

~Nick

Maybe you could just pin it in the off topic board? ^_^

And thanks! I have liked posts before but now it's actually useful :D

Awesome, works greatly.

maybe you know on a profile where you have "members posts" and "members topics." so that each person could access their own and other peoples through their profile, though that may be hard, so whatever is easiest for you.

I'd suggest it be linked at the bottom of the main page, next to "replies to your topic", since the two are similar. Thanks, Nick, I should probably start liking things. xD

Maia Purdue said:
maybe you know on a profile where you have "members posts" and "members topics." so that each person could access their own and other peoples through their profile, though that may be hard, so whatever is easiest for you.
I had thought of this, but wasn't sure it would be noticed.
Regardless, this suggestion has been used. :)

Perhaps you could put it as a icon between information and calendar at the top of the page in the little mini-menu? I know I'm new but I thought I'd give my idea. ^^

Edit: Hmm, that's probably not possible is it? :o Thats a default menu right?

No, it's not a default menu, and I think that page isn't quite that important. ;)
The bottom of the index page should be good enough. :)

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back