OOC First Name
Sofija
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Arthur
It had been a pretty busy day, Kiara spent all day learning and and on that note she took her muggle book "The Light We Lost", it was old book and it was romance, overhelming and clam love story was perfectly what she needed. Right place to lose focus about real life and perfect place to forget about everything she studied that day. So Kia just sat on the couch with crossed legs, her couch was close to fireplace so she didn't worry about temperature because always when she read, she felt like air was getting colder.

Iris had some studying to do, and she decided to sit in the student lounge. The girl was hoping to run into Nicole, Emma, Jenna or Poppy there, but she didn't see any of her friends. She did spot a girl she knew only vaguely, but would liked to get to know better. Kiara Wood was a friend of Jenna's, a new transfer, and Iris' new roommate. She headed over to the couch the girl was sitting on, and took a seat next to her. "Hi Kiara." She said with a smile. "Do you mind if I sit here to read as well?"

Kiara got scared from hearing unexpexted voice but when she understood that it's only Iris she calmed down. "Hey!" she didn't try to get up but she uncrossed her legs to move to one side of couch so Iris had her own space. "Of course I don't mind! What are you going to read?" Kiara half closed her book and looked at roommate, books always were perfect theme for conversations.

Iris was glad the other girl didn't mind, though she hadn't expected anything else. From what she had seen, Kiara was very nice. And if she was Jenna's friend, there was no way she wouldn't be. Iris held up her book to show the other Ravenclaw. "It's a book I have to read for History of Magic." She said with a small shrug. "Research for an essay." She added, though she knew it wasn't the most interesting answer. "Just doing homework, really."

"Oh, history is the biggest headache. I don't like it, but may be historical books are pretty fun." Actually Kiara absolutely hated history, it was boring and based on something no one was able to change. "Oh, homeworks.. When you have to turn it in?" because if she didn't have to turn it in tomorrow, then Kiara was going to chat with her. "Better tell me something interesting about you!" Kia smiled at her while being really excited.

@Iris van Houten

Iris laughed softly as Kiara said she didn't like history. Iris shrugged. "I don't mind, it's not the worst subject." She said. "But I can get why you wouldn't like it." She sighed. "In two days." She said when Kiara asked when it was due. "But I'm pretty far." She admitted. She pondered Kiara's question for a moment. "I don't know what's interesting. Maybe... that I have three siblings? My twin sister Emma, Lars who is in his sixth year and Fleur who was in Gryffindor but graduated two years ago." She said. "What about you?"

Kiara smiled back at Iris. "Not the worst, but the most problematic for sure. Why we should learn all these people? They died literally ages ago," she shrugged. The only thing in history that she liked was Harry Potter, he and his friends were cute. Weasley twins for sure, actually Kia was such a simp for gingers, they were just too cute! "Two days? Perfect! What if we just chat there without that in our way and you will finish your work tomorrow. If you need, I can help you with that later, because I will be the reason why you didn't finish your work today." her book was already so far away from her sight that she even forgot that she was reading one. "So you are four kids in family! That is EXTREMELY cool! I'd die to have at least one sibling!" she sighed and she tried to make up interesting fact about her. "Oh God, I just understood how boring I am! Well, I transferred from Beauxbatons and I lived my whole life in France. Or maybe more interesting fact about me is that I am half American and half French, and there is still some German blood in me, because my grandmother was from German." well, she was surely talkative, but her life was extremely boring like that.

Iris could understand Kiara's stance on History of Magic, but didn't entirely agree. Many of the people who died long ago invented things or did things that still affected them today. But Iris didn't want to argue about that. It wasn't like she really liked the subject enough to defend it. Iris laughed when Kiara said they could chat for a bit, and that she would help her later. "That's okay, I think I can manage it tomorrow." She said, glad to get to know her new roommate a bit better. Kiara seemed really taken with the idea of Iris having so many siblings, and she soon realized it was because she didn't have any. "You don't have siblings?" She asked, trying to imagine it. Iris was the youngest, so she had never had a time when she had no brothers or sisters to play with. Iris listened as Kiara explained she transferred from Beauxbatons and told her a bit of her family history. "Well, that's not boring. What is Beauxbatons like?" She asked, curious. "We almost went there as well, since it's a lot closer to home for us." She said. "But in the end we went to school here instead." She added. "Why did you transfer?"

"Yes!" Kiara excitedly clapped her hands and leaned closer to Iris, and put her chin in her palm. "uhh, sadly I am the only kid and only my uncle is kinda like my brother since our age gap is only something around four or five years. But yeah, I can't even get siblings. Something like that," she sadly gasped, again she remembered parents, but then she did her best and started to smile again. "Which kid you are? Uhh, middle or youngest one? I mean you or Emma is older?" she still remembered.. there was Fleur who graduated and Lars who was in his sixth year and he was in her house. "Well, Beauxbatons surely is like a castle from fairytales. You know, like one in cartoons, looks like one from Frozen that Elsa builded. It associates me with that castle, it's totally in Ravenclaw aestethic. It's perfect! Oh God, don't get me wrong! I love Hogwarts too, I just got so used to Beauxbatons, I kinda miss it." she always tried to do her best and don't tell that she misses old school, positive thoughts only, but it just slipped. But that was true, she missed old school badly. "It'd be cool, if you were in Beaux. You'd like it for sure! Why did you go to Beauxbatons if it's more far away?" and the typical question, she hated to answer it, but tho she knew that it was just common thing to ask to kids that transferred. They never transferred just because they were bored. "Uh, my uncle adopted me. Random not so happy family things," she answered like it was nothing, she already got used to all that new stuff in her life.

@Iris van Houten

Iris listened as Kiara explained her family situation, her eyes widening a little. She hadn't imagined it would be so complex, and she wondered what it would be like to have an uncle or an aunt so close in age to you. But she then asked Iris another question, at which she smiled. "I'm the youngest, Emma is a few minutes older than me. She loves to remind me of that." Iris said with a small sigh. "She doesn't act like it, though." The girl then went on to describe Beaubxatons, which did sound pretty good from her description, like a castle out of a fairy tale. But Iris was still glad she went to Hogwarts, if only so she didn't have to speak French. "Well, my sister went to Hogwarts here. She decided she wanted to." Fleur said, thinking back. "And we all just... followed. It was familiar to us from her stories." Iris frowned a little as Kiara said her uncle had adopted her, wondering if it was the very young uncle but dismissing that thought. "Oh, I'm sorry." She said, sure there was a sad story there, but not wanting to pry. "Are you enjoying it here so far?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back