The Koshiba House

Haruhi Ater

OOC First Name
Eden
Wand
Apple Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Belladonna
Haruhi was rushing around the house. Her young ones would be her in the next few days but before they got her a special guest would be here first. Eden's boyfriend Chase would be showing up sometime today and stay there with her until the others where freed from school. Flicking her wand over the duster that was laying on the table she watched it jump to life and start its mad dash around all the swards and weapons that where on the wall. They where very sharp but they where for looks. They had never been used for anything else and if Haruhi found anyone using them for anything else they would be in a world of trouble. Placing jasmine flowers on the tables as Haruhi walked through the house she smiled. It smelled like Eden was already there. Hearing what sounded like someone at the door. Haruhi smoothed down her dress and went to open the door. Looking up at the boy who was taller than her 5'5 frame.
"Hello. You must be Chase wont you please come in."

Chase knocked on the door of the Koshiba House and a second later the door was opened by who seemed to be Edens adoptive mother, "Yes, that would be me. You must be Edens mother. It's a pleasure to meet you." Chase said, ducking as he walked inside the door. He examined the inside of the house, he smelt the jasmine smell that reminded him of Eden, "You're sure Eden isn't hiding away in here, aye?" Chase said, laughing softly. Chase looked around, noticing some swords and weapons on the wall, "My my, those look mighty fine." Chase said, turning to Edens mother "It's a pleasure to be here, meeting you, Eden speaks so highly of you. As you know, I'm Chase Blade." Chase said.

Haruhi closed the door as he walked in. "Yes but please call me Haruhi. It is so nice to meet the young man that my Eden speaks so highly of. Would you like something to drink?" Haruhi walked Chase into the sitting room. "Eden is not here as of yet but jasmine is both of our favorite flower so I leave the house smelling like it to help me to keep from messing her and the others as much." Smiling as the boy took a seat Haruhi took a seat in her wing back chair. "You must tell me all about yourself. Eden talks about you all the time but most of it is how sweet you are to her. I would like to know more about you life."

Chase laughed, "No thank you, I'll be right." Chase listened to her talk, "The smell of Jasmine is so strong, fits Eden perfectly." Chase said, shrugging. Watching Haruhi sit down in her seat, "Well. There isn't really that much too tell. So I'll start from the beginning." Chase said, and he took a deep breath. "Basically, I grew up with abusive Muggles, more annoying people I've never met - maybe Tohoru, but that's only because he never seems to understand that Eden isn't his anymore.-" Chase shrugged, "They were not my real parents though, I didn't know my real parents until the beginning of that last year at Hogwarts, my Mother was a witch, my father a muggle. They were some of the nicest people I have ever met in my life. They welcomed me back into their life with open arms and took care of me until I returned to Hogwarts. But. Unfortunately, before I returned for the second semester at Hogwarts, they died." Chase said, shrugging softly. "Anything else you would like to know?" Chase asked.

Haruhi listened as the boy spoke. "I know all about my dear Tohoru. He is like his father than I would care for him to be but there is nothing to be done about it. What is done is done and he has lost Eden once and for all of that I am sure." Haruhi was sorry to hear about his parents passing but sometimes it was for the better. "I am sorry to hear about your parents. I myself am a muggle born witch. You have told me about your past but what I want to know is your plans for your life now that you have finished. Also you are 17 and Eden is not yet 14. What is your intentions with my daughter? She has asked me to let you stay with us this Winter which I do not mind you being here, but what happens to you and Eden when she returns to Hogwarts and you do not? Will you stay with Eden or is it just fun and games until you meet someone else and Eden is left with the pieces of her broken heart scattered to the four winds?" Haruhi paused there was more she wanted to say but she would hold her tongue until he answered her first question.

Chase smiled, "I've been waiting for this question. I have no plans to leave Eden, one day I hope too Marry her, with your permission of course." Chase said. "But for now I plan to see if I can procure a position at Hogwarts. If not, I guess I would just have to try and survive without her." Chase said. He sighed, "I have no plans to ever hurt Eden, she will be a part of my future if I have my way. I will not leave her because I have no way to see her, I will not make Tohorus' mistake. I love Eden far more then Tohoru did, and I do not plan to hurt her like Tohoru did." Chase said. He looked at Haruhi, "Has my answer satisfied you, or do you still not trust me? I would be surprised if you had trusted me." Chase asked.

Haruhi nodded as Chase answered. "Are you sure that this is love or is this a crush? I was married and with child at 15 at 16 I gave birth to Hoshi and Tohoru. I will not let Eden go down my path she is to young and far to smart to have her mind wasted." Haruhi looked over to the table where there where pictures of the twins and ones with Eden and Tohoru and a few with Lilith in the garden playing in the roses. "Tohoru made mistakes but do not doubt for Eden and her sister. It was him who came to me and asked me to take them in after there mother lost her mind. The poor women losing her husband so young and never having anyone to help her raise the two girls. But none the less you would like to Marry Eden? From what I have heard you and her have not been together but a few months are you sure?" Haruhi leaned foreword. "I do not know you well enough to trust you yet and you want me to say yes to something that is insane. Tell me why I should give you permission Master Blade and maybe I will think on it."

Chase sighed, "I love Eden with all my heart, soul and then some. This is no crush this is true love. Eden would back me up." Chase said, looking at Haruhi, "Why should you? That much is simple. Because Eden is my love. I will never want anybody else other then her as long as I am with her, probably even if I am not with her, I would never hurt her, never leave her, and I would always be there when she needed me. As I have said, I love her with all my heart and soul, and more then my life itself. She is my life now." Chase said. Chase thought about how he had already proposed to Eden, and he knew he dare not tell her that they were already engaged until Eden was here, he would be dead before he finished his sentence without Eden here. Chase sighed and looked at her, "Please, Haruhi. Eden is my life, and I couldn't bear to be without her. It hurts me to be here without her. Even though I know she will be here soon." Chase said, the sincerity showing in his voice.

Haruhi held her hand up. "Enough. I have heard enough. I am sure that Eden would be by your side telling that she does in fact love you and I am sure that if you asked her to marry you she would say she in a heartbeat. But she forgets her place. She forgets what she will be doing for her family when she is of age. Has she told you that Tohoru will not be leading the family that his father has found him to be unfit and to unKoshiba to lead the family. It will be Eden and she must be with someone that can be strong enough to stand by her side and do what must be done." Haruhi felt for this boy he really cared about her but that did not mean she could just give her blessing and let them do as they pleased. "I know of Edens plans after school and while I do not like some of them one more than others, but what I want to know is are you in the loop of what Eden has planed and are you willing to stand by her side when she undertakes this?"

Chase smiled, "Yes, I have heard about that. Eden has told me all about how Tohoru thinks he will be leading the family." Chase shrugged, "I am also aware that it will instead be Eden leading the family. She does trust me with these things." Chase laughed, and listened too her next question, he had not expected it, that was for sure. He had not thought Eden would have told her mother the whole story about that. Maybe she found out the same way Lilith did, I doubt she'll meet the same end Lilith is going too though. Chase shrugged off the thought, "Yes. I am aware of Edens' plans for the future. Yes. I will stand by her side the whole way, I do not make judgements like that. I love her enough to trust her judgement for this matter, she's doing what she wants to do and I will not try and change her mind. It is her decision." Chase said.

"You may wipe the look of surprise off your face. I know everything that my young ones plan. They can not hide anything from me. I let them think they can but that is simply not so. I even know what her plans are for Lilith. That will not be happening of course because I have my own plans for the child myself." Haruhi rested back into her chair. "It is good that you will stand by Eden's side she will need that in the near future. Now to go back to this talk of marriage. Seeing as you seem to have your head on right I can find no reason to say no to request. But you will have to talk to her father and I will tell you this. Eden is so sure that he will give her everything and anything that she wants. This is not the case. If he does not see it as something that will help him profit he will say no and if he says no than Eden will do as she is told. So it is not me you must ask but him."

Chase sighed, "Interesting, isn't it? What goes on in the minds of those four. Whatever you have planned for Lilith you had better do it quick, Eden wants to be rid of her so she cannot ruin her plans." Chase said, shrugging. Chase looked at her, and listened to her say he could marry Eden, but then say he had to talk to her father, he sighed at this. "Oh yeah? You saying you thought I was crazy?" Chase asked. "Well, that is certainly interesting. And where would I find her father? I have plans here, and I need permission to act on them. I'm sure you could figure them out, but I would prefer it if you just waited for me too reveal them, all will become clear soon enough." Chase said, shrugging softly. He hoped Eden would get here soon, he was missing her like crazy and would not feel like himself until she got here, she had a piece of him inside her, and he never felt whole without her.

"I have all the time in the world. Eden can and will not act until her father gives the ok to do so." Haruhi wondered where her ex husband was at the moment. "I do not know where he is but most likely he will show up when Eden and Tohoru come home. As for Lilith I hear she is going to a muggle summer camp so we will not be seeing her. I would like to know your plans very much if the are about my Eden" Haruhi stood up to adjust the drapes so that more sunlight would come in. "What is troubling you? You where just fine a moment ago now all of the sudden you look like you might cry or something else."

Chase sighed, "We'll see." He said, and he watched the strange, but not unknown, look that crossed her face, Chase had worn that same look so many times before. He sighed as she talked, "I should hope so. I do need too talk to him it seems." Chase said, thinking about how they would take it when they saw the ring on Edens finger, a lot of emotions changed while he thought of this and he sighed when she asked what his plans were, "My plans are my own, if you wouldn't mind. All will become clear once Eden arrives, and I will not say a word on that matter until she does." Chase said, not rudely, but decisively. Chase looked up when she asked what was troubling him, "Oh. Nothing important. I merely feel out of place without Eden around, I've grown so attached to her it makes it hard to be without her." Chase said, the longing for his fiancee clear in his voice.

"I'm sure that once Eden is here she will be able to set up a meeting for you two to meet and than you can ask him. I do hope he will say yes but one can never be sure with that man." Haruhi listened to him go on about Eden. "I know how you feel. At one point in my life I could not stand to be away from my husband for more than a second without feeling lonely. But I can tell you this when you and Eden have been together for longer you will enjoy the time you spend alone." Haruhi was unsure of anything that she could tell this boy that would help him miss Eden less other than what she just said.

Chase sighed, "I hope so. When exactly should they be arriving? Do you know?" Chase asked, he hated being away from Eden, and would not give up until he managed to procure that job at Hogwarts. Chase smiled softly, "I guess so. But I haven't quite managed to be without her for an extended period of time yet. It gets harder all the time, I'm sure you're right and it'll get easier sooner or later, but not yet." Chase said. Chase laughed and felt a little better, he leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes, thinking about the day he had proposed to Eden, and wondering whether it had been such a good idea, the more Chase thought about it, the more he thought that they would hate him for his decision. Tohoru knew, and he would not let Tohoru tell anyone about it before Chase had talked to their father.

"I do not know when they will be getting here soon I hope I thought you where just a few hours ahead but it is looking like it might be a day or so. I will have to send another owl to Tohoru and find out." Haruhi was glad that the boy could laugh and feel a bit at peace. "So are you going to help me plan Eden's birthday party? I think she needs a really big one something that screams Eden." Haruhi pulled out her wand and pointed it at the kitchen and floated in a tray of tea and sugar cookies placing it on the table in the middle of the room. "Please help yourself I made the cookies about an hour ago."

Chase laughed, "I'm up for anything that would make Eden happy. What have you got in mind?" Chase asked. Chase watched her summon a few Sugar Cookies and told him to help himself. He didn't want to seem discourteous so he picked one up and bit into it, it tasted delicious, "Wow. Those are great. Such a great cook." Chase said, in awe of her cooking, "I wish I could cook things like those." Chase said, trying too get on her good side, it would be no good if he couldn't befriend Edens' mother without Eden there, and it would not be good if he didn't earn her trust. Chase finished the cookie he had and took another one, he bit into it. It tasted just as good as the other one. Chase thought about Eden, and wondered where she was right now, he longed for her, and he didn't want to be without her for much longer.

Haruhi held up a finger to stop the boy from talking. Letting her head lean to one side Haruhi listened for a moment before she spoke. "If I'm not mistaken which when it comes to my precious ones I am not. I would think that Eden is walking up the path now if you go quickly you can be the one that opens the door for her if you like." Haruhi said in a calm tone.

Eden walked up the path that led to the Koshiba house. Chase was not with her because he said that he had a few things to do and had left Hogwarts before her. So Eden had made the trip alone. Looking at the flowers that grew along the path and how the butterfly's seemed to float in the air more so than flap. Eden made it to the door and knocked waiting for someone to open the door for her.

Chase smiled as Haruhi said this, he was so happy to be able to see his Eden again, he missed her like crazy, he would be whole again. Chase heard a knock on the door and smiled brightly, "That must be her." Chase said, standing up and walking over too the door, he opened it and saw Edens smiling face, his heart did a double take and he smiled at her, "Well, well, well. I wondered when you would be getting here. Welcome home, my love. I've been having a conversation with your mother. She's nice enough." Chase said, laughing softly. He kissed her softly and moved aside for her to walk in the door, taking her hand.

Eden could hardly contain herself when Chase opened the door to her house. "Chase what are you doing here? I thought you said you had things to do?" Eden smiled back at Chase and accepted his kiss. "Have you told mother yet about our you know what? Or should I be handing you the ring back. So that we can pretend that you have not done it yet." Eden whispered all of this very fast so that Chase would understand that all of this was very important and decisions had to be made very fast.

Chase laughed softly, "Well, I finished the things I needed to do so I headed here. No point in heading back to New Zealand." Chase said, then she mentioned the engagement. "No, I have not told her yet but hold onto the ring, I have procured her permission, I still need to talk to your father though." Chase explained, "Come. Let us go and sit inside." Chase said, leading her into the room with Haruhi. Chase sat back down in his seat and let Eden sit next to him. Chase placed his hand over hers, glancing down at the ring, wondering whether he should have had her hide it. Chase shrugged and turned to Haruhi, "Seems you were right. And I couldn't be happier." Chase said.

Eden followed Chase in but instead of sitting next to him she took a knee in front of her mother. "Hello mother it is good to see you in such good health. Lilith and Tohoru are heading to summer camp in the America's just like you and father decided for them." Eden waited for her mother to say something to her.

Haruhi smiled as Eden walked into the room. Placing her hand on Eden's head she listened as Eden informed her of Tohoru and Lilith. "Very good you may go and sit next to Chase. Inless there is something the both of you would like to tell me." Haruhi removed her hand from Eden. She had seen the ring as soon as they walked into the sitting room but she was going to wait until they confessed and for there sake they might want to do it soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back