The Herrogard

Valcan watched in amusement as Persephone disapparated, nodding to Bearse and leading the way off of the balcony. "I am afraid our conversation has to be censored a tad, I am afraid. My granddaughters are not aware of my, erm- allegiances." His golden eyes flared with amusement, and he added, "It's been much easier than if they had known. I am not entirely sure how they will be finding out."

Bearse nodded, his hands behind his back as he followed Valcan and fell into step beside him. "I met them on my last visit here. They had a look of intelligence,"he said, smirking. "Are you so sure they do not know?"

Valcan turned to Bearse, smirking knowlingly. "I am proud to say that both of them are quite intelligent; top of their class, I believe." He took a seat down at his dining table as he entered the room, his golden eyes glowing with amusement. "No, I am quite confident that they do not know; I can assure you they would have caused a lot more problems if they had known. I intend to keep it from them as long as possible."

He gestured to Bearse to sit down beside him, his voice lowered considerably. He had cast homenum revelio to make sure no one else was in the vicinity, and he had made sure that they were alone. For extra precaution, he used to Muffling Charm about the dining room.

"A wise precaution,"he nodded, enjoying being among his peer once again. He sat at the table and glanced around. The room was very impressive. "I understand witches their age can prove to quite a trial when riled up."

"Don't get me started," Valcan muttered, smirking at Bearse. "Having heirs can be more of a hindrance than helpful, especially when they are defiant." He of course was referring to his own children, and more recently Sophia. He looked to Bearse, and he said, "I cannot remember; did you have any siblings of your own?"

"Not any surviving. My brother died in the last war serving the Dark Lord and my mother's other attempts to create my father's heirs never reached term." He said it without emotion. His brother had fallen in a heroic way, in his mind.

Valcan only nodded his head, figuring that it would be quite odd to offer his condolences for someone's brother he had never even known, nonetheless died so many years ago. It would be just as odd for Bearse to bring up Larkana, in his opinion.

"So, your family has no heirs to speak of?" he asked incredulously, although it was not in a rude way. "Besides yourself, of course?"

"None,"he said, no regret in his voice. "I never wanted children. I recognize myself for who I am. I'd do them more harm than good,"he shrugged. "I'd thought perhaps, one day, with my ex-wife. But I saw to it that mudblood could have no children." He spoke coldly and matter of fact. His mind was more on what would be on the dinner menu than any past regrets he may or may not have.

((Yous is dead :(( That was still a fun rp to read though!))

Valcan smirked back at Bearse, holding nothing but the utmost respect for his friend. He had placed the folder in front of him, and his golden eyes flickering he untied the string about it, pulling out what could only be an immensely detailed blueprint. Turning it over in his hands, he murmured, "It seems that that job you acquired at the school was quite worthwhile after all."

Trailing a large finger along the edge of the outline that was the Forbidden Forest, he inquired quietly, "What else may lurk beyond these outreaches? Besides the friend you have planted there, of course. It shall not hurt to have allegiances." His heart was pounding with excitement, although he was self disciplined enough not to show that in his expression. The only signal to this that he appeared even more amused than he already was.

Bearse tipped his head in a nod at Valcan's words and he smiled, a true smile at his friend. "More beneficial than they'll know," he laughed. "I've heard there are Centaurs perhaps a giant, although I've not seen the latter. Perhaps the Centaurs would make good allies," he offered.

(I is deads! :-0 Yet I stills RPs? Spoooky! :lol: )

Valcan's ears perked up in interest, his golden eyes glowing with contempt. "It is worth a try, although I do not consider centaurs trustworthy. I just do not know what they would be swayed by."

His thin lips spread in a cruel smirk at the mention of a giant. "Now giants, are an entirely different story." His expression was sinister as he looked back at Bearse, sitting back in his chair and drumming his fingers on the arms of his chair. "A different story, indeed," he repeated with a hollow chuckle.

((I am frightened. Not. Too bad you can't turn into a poltergeist or something and totally pwn people.))

"Perhaps some hay?" Bearse snickered. "I'll set my spy to look for signs of any other creatures of interest. If indeed there is a giant, Alicia and her pitiful school will stand no chance." He smirked.

(Aw, a poltergeist? I will suck people into my TV. >:) )

Valcan stroked his bristly chin for a moment as he pondered the possibilities, his eyes appearing to be pools of gold under the odd lighting. "A giant, or giants, rather, would definitely be to our advantage if they would fight for us. Indeed, the school would be hard pressed to defend itself then. Or the Ministry, for that matter."

His grin was sinister as he looked back at Bearse. "No; at this point I would consider the centaurs unreliable. I have a feeling that they would not receive us well, and would possibly turn to inform the school."

((Weeeee're baaccck! :p That was a crazy movie.))

Bearse nodded. "Aye, you are right. They would the filthy nags." Bearse wondered when the dinner would be served. The Hogs Head food left much to be desired and he was looking forward to fine fare again.

(I lurve that movie!! And welcome back!!)

Persephone was quick to bring out the dinners for both of the men, first bringing out their drinks. A moment later she returned with the dinners, placing them in front of them and with a low bow disapparated. She knew that if her Master still needed her he would call.

With a slight nod to Persephone, Valcan picked up his fork, looking to Bearse. "Hope you enjoy," he said in his thick accent, his voice deep and rumbling.

((You can decide what we're having for dinner- I already forgot. :ph43r: ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back