Valcan Drage

Dark Arts practitioner | Avid reader

OOC First Name
Amanda
Wand
Olivewood 17 3/4'', core of Runespoor Fang
((This happened during the summer.))

Beaumaris%20Fortress,%20Beaumaris,%20Wales.jpg

Valcan, after having met Bearse, apparated to his home, an island off of Svalbard, trusting that the girls would do their own thing. Drage Herrogard was an ancient fortress with networks of different hallways and rooms, and one could get lost in it if they did not take caution. This being a place that many of his enemies had met their downfall, Valcan was happy to bask in the bloody silence, even though most did not know the extensive history of the place. He was content with the fact that the girls did not know much about his political life, and that his opponents had a tendency to disappear.

Brushing off the front of his jacket, he waited for Bearse inside of his front hall, quite elated to catch up with his old friend.

Bearse apparated shortly after Valcan. He appeared with a loud crack like thunder, a sound he enjoyed immensely and looked around him. The front hall of Valcan's vast estate was oppulant. "Valcan,"he nodded, his usual sneer replaced by a friendly smirk. "Once again I'm astounded by your home."

Valcan smirked back at Bearse, motioning his hand down the corridor. "I'm glad that you appreciate the home of my forefathers." He led Bearse down the hallway, walking leisurely. "I trust that my home should give us more freedom to talk; the public is not always desirable."

"I agree," Bearse nodded his assent, falling into step beside Valcan. "Given the less than desirable clientele of the Hogs Head, anything we said to each other would have fed the gossips for weeks." He paused a moment, looking around him at the portraits. "I confess I cannot hide my curiosity any longer. The Prophecy you mentioned--what are its origins?"

Valcan smirked as he walked besides his old friend. "And gossip is less than desirable, is it not?" He chuckled a bit, his golden eyes glowing a bit as he looked to the portrait of Brunhild, the founder of the Herrogard. She blinked back in her portrait, although she did not do much, satisfied enough to stare out of her wintry landscape.

kl_nibelungen201-1.jpg

Valcan put his hands behind his back as he led Bearse away from the West Wing of the Herrogard, where the girls inhabited the place, and a place that they would most likely be. He knew that they were both extremely intrigued by the Herrogard, even if they didn't want to admit it, and he would rather not amplify their curiosity by talking around them with his guest.

He pushed a door out onto a balcony outside, where they most likely wouldn't be heard. In front of them was the scenery beyond the lake that served as a moat, a rather breathtaking landscape that caught the eye immediately.

fortress_lake8.jpg

"How it came to be? I heard it from an old man in a pub not ten years ago," Valcan replied, gripping the edge of the balcony with his large fingers, continuing in a solemn tone, "And the purpose of it is this; if the prophecy is to come true, a witch is going to have the potential of the next dark lord."

He looked to Bearse, his golden eyes glowing. "I myself do not put too much stake in Divination, but it is an opportunity that I can not pass up. Considering that if it were to come true, it would concern either my granddaughter or my great niece."

He waited for Bearse's reaction, wondering what he would say.

Bearse took in what Valcan revealed and the breathtaking landscape in front of him. He shook his head. "I'm sorry. I never was a fan of Divination myself. Damned seers and their false prophets,"he sneered. He took a moment to digest the information, trying to put his prejudices aside. "Will you wait to see if this prophecy comes to pass? Or do you have other plans?"he asked, his voice leading. He had plans of his own, ones of revenge. He wondered if Valcan would be interested.

"I am going to wait and see if it comes to pass," Valcan replied, his voice deep as he looked over the landscape, "But it might be to our advantage if it does; considering the fact that the girl would be prepped for it quite well." He already had an idea which granddaughter it might be, but of course time had to tell.

He crossed his arms as he leaned against the railing of the balcony, and he continued, "But of course, there are other plans in place. Not exactly solid yet, but they are in the works."

He looked to Bearse with his golden eyes. "Any plans for yourself."

Valcan smirked at Bearse, chuckling deeply. "But would one not have to hear it first to be interested?" he inquired, his golden eyes gleaming with a humorous malice.

Bearse rubbed the stubble on his chin thoughtfully. "Indeed,"he nodded, his thin lips twisting into a cruel smile. "What would you say if I told you I had the means to take over Hogwarts?"

Valcan's golden eyes widened in pleasant surprise, a hint of a smirk pulling about his lips. "I would say that is very interesting indeed. I take it that you are talking about New Zealand?" His chuckle was deep and menacing as he looked over the large moat, observing the way the light seemed to burn the tops of the mountains.

"Of course,"he sneered, his lips quirking unplesantly. "I want to see the place burn." His words were malicious and held a ring of truth to them. "Barring that, giving the school over to the Death Eaters is fitting enough." He looked out over the landscape, it's beauty failing to stir anything in him. His heart was cold, dead. Nothing moved him any more.

"I've placed a spy there. He's an energy vampire in a sense,"he laughed harshly. "The fool was once human but his need for the dark arts has twisted him into the foul creature he is today. He uses his magic to drain others of there magical energy. His form of getting high, I suppose," he sneered.

"He gives me the information I need since I left." He withdrew a slim silver case, flicked it open and withdrew a thin clove cigarette. He offered one to Valcan, his common courtesy deeming him to, before lighting his and blowing out the smoke harshly. "Having him there will make taking over the school that much easier. Alicia won't know what hit her,"he smirked.

"Burn, eh?" Valcan replied with a smirk, his golden eyes appearing to be on fire as he looked back at Bearse. Blinking after a moment, however, the brightness in them was extinguished, returning them to their normal golden hue. Fire was one thing that had always fascinated him, and being a pyrokinetic had only reaffirmed that fascination. "May I ask why you wish to see it burn? I was under the impression that you were enthused to work at that school. I mean, it is nothing I object to-" His expression was amused as he listened to Bearse speak about the new presence at the school, his brow furrowing in thought as he pondered the possibilities. Estrella and Sophia were his immediate concern, but he shrugged it off; they would be fine, he deemed. He didn't think they would be stupid enough to go venturing through the forest alone anyway.

"Has he given you any updates of interest?" Valcan inquired, accepting the cigarette with a nod of appreciation but not bothering with a lighter or wand. Holding the tiny thing between his fingers, he rolled it to a desirable position, and after staring at it for a moment, his golden eyes glowing, the tip of the cigarette ignited with a small flame. With a satisfied smirk he brought the other end of the cigarette to his lips, inhaling deeply and then exhaling a small cloud of smoke. Being a pyrokinetic was useful for everyday things, he had found over the course of his life, simpleton tasks that would have otherwise caused him unnecessary time.

Bearse didn't miss Valcan's display of his powers. Nor was he unimpressed. He knew he'd come to the right man with his plans. "He keeps tabs on the faculty--my ex wife especially,"he said, the mention of her leaving a bad taste in his mouth. The foolish bent had gotten her divorce after all. He would make sure she would suffer the most. He knew about her attachment to the Auror. His eyes narrowed in fury.
"Nothing of consequence,"he muttered, drawing on the cigarette.

"I shall give you all the information, blue prints, layouts, passwords, wards--anything and everything I've been privy to. I shall lay it all at your feet for you to do what you will with it. As long as I get to be there to see it fall and be the one to end Cecily's life."

Valcan smirked as Bearse mentioned his ex wife, muttering simply, "Wives. Really more of a nuisance than anything, at least, that's been my experience with them." He had never been close to either of his wives, having married both of them for convenience. He had not felt much when Helena died, and Iduna, well, the revenge had been extremely sweet.

He smiled as he drew on the cigarette, flicking the ashes over the banister. "That all sounds well- Although a plan like that would have to be orchestrated extremely well, and I daresay it cannot happen for a long time. A few years, at least."

Bearse nodded, his eyes narrowed as the smoke billowed around his face. "As well it should be thought through. A plan of attack of this magnitude--you're right. I give you this opportunity to do with it what you will, in your time line as you see fit, old friend,"he smirked. He could bide his time well. It mattered not when it happened, only that it did. And those at the school would never see it coming. If he got too antsy, he'd just take care of her wife and her new beau on his own.

Valcan smirked as he looked to Bearse, and after a moment of thought extinguished the cigarette between his fingers, the heat not even bothering his callused hands. "It will take a lot of planning on many ends," he intoned deeply, his golden eyes glowing with amusement, "Although after it all, the result shall be quite worthwhile."

Leaning against the banister, the expression on his face quite relaxed and a mite jovial, he inquired, "So, does this Alicia Barker know anything of your 'return' to the group?" He knew full well that Bearse had never left the Death Eaters, though it had appeared that way for a while.

((I hope I have my facts right. :unsure: ))

"No. That cow I was married to won't be able to tell anyone anything about my whereabouts with the memory charms I placed on her. Even if she did, it's of little matter. My cousin turned her back on her true calling long ago,"he sneered. He reached into his inner cloak pocket and withdrew a thick envelope. He held it out to Valcan. "Here is everything for the downfall of Hogwarts."

"Why, thank you very much, old friend," Valcan chuckled deeply, his arm falling to his side as he grasped the envelope, the possibilities that the little thing possessed fathomless. His golden eyes alight with amusement, he laughed, "How could I repay you?" He smirked, tempted to open the thing but decided his fingers could wait just a bit more.

"Perhaps a spot of a good brandy?" he chuckled, the sound rusty. It seemed fitting somehow to him, shodding his cousin over a drink. He needed no repayment, none at all. It was Valcan who was doing him a favor by taking the plans off his hands. He would be there when it all boiled down to it. In the meantime he would use his carefully bought time to make Cecily's life a living hell.

"Brandy it is," Valcan chuckled deeply, glad to carry the conversation back inside. However, the girls were still around, so he would have to be careful about what he said. "Persephone!" he intoned, waiting for the Herrogard house elf. Turning to Bearse, he inquired, "Would you like to go to the dining room or somewhere more private? Dinner can be prepared for you also if you would like."

"Yes, Master?" Persephone inquired, her expression obedient as she stood still in front of Valcan, looking to his friend and then back to her master.

"A bottle of brandy and two glasses in the dining room, please," Valcan ordered of Persephone, although he was not impolite. He waited for Bearse to reply to his question, a smirk obvious on his face. "And we might have a spot of dinner too, depending on what our guest fancies."

"I would be honoured to have dinner in your home," Bearse said, smirking. He knew the fare would be tasty and he wasn't about to turn down a good meal.

"Of course, Master," Persephone replied obediently, giving both of the men a slight bow and disapparating with a pop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back