The guitar and it's puppetier

Sarah Xu-Marion

Wand
Willow Wand 14" Unicorn Tail Hair
Sarah was so happy at the moment. She had just finished a pot of coffee with extra sugar, all by herself. It wasn't like her to have caffeine, but she had been up almost all night redecorating. now she had practice to do. She hadn't played in a while, but she still knew the chords. She pulled out an old orange and black acoustic guitar, and leaned against the wall. She began tuning it quietly. People weren't usually in the back alleys, so she didn't worry about embarrassing herself. She just strummed. Goofing off with the song 'Simple and Clean' by Utada Hikaru. She missed a few notes here and there, but that was it. After she had finnished, she sat with nothing to do. Wondering if someone would come along...

Cameron was strolling through the streets of the Harbor with nothing imparticular to do. He had applied for a job at the ministry here in New Zealand. He was hoping to get an Owl from them sometime later in the week. Cameron had been taking it easy ever since graduation but it was time to get down to work and start his career. However he was enjoying his last few days of freedom.

Cameron saw a girl, older than him, playing a gutair. Cameron had only dabbled with music, he was talented but didn't feel the drive to push him to pursue it. Cam stopped at the girl and smiled his crooked grin. He clapped as she finished the song. "Pretty impressive." he said in his velvet voice.

Sarah looked up suprised at the sound of clapping. Above her stood a boy a bit younger then her, he had blond hair and blue eyes. He was smiling a crooked smile. She smiled back at him, careful not to show her teeth. "Thank you... Um I'm Sarah." She stood up slowly, making sure that her jeans didn't slide on the wall. She extended a hand, in order to shake his.

Cameron watched as the girl slowly stood up. She told him her name was Sarah and extended her hand. Cam took her small hand in his own and shook it. "Pleasure to meet you, Sarah." he said, with the same smile. He noticed she did not show her teeth when she smiled. Cameron's curious nature wondered why that was. "I'm Cameron but you can just call me Cam if you like." he offered in a friendly voice.

She took a small bow. Teaching her niece about her roots, was turning Sarah back into a little Japanese girl. She was now bowing to everyone, letting the man take seats first, everything from tradition. She smiled as best she could, without showing her teeth. she had only recently remembered how her mother called it 'smug' when Japanese girls smiled with their teeth. "It's a pleasure to meet you Cameron-San." She said, putting the familiar label San on the end. it sounded weird, since she had lost most of her Japanese accent when at Beuxbatons. "So what are you doing in these creepy alley way?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

Cameron watched interested, as she bowed to him. He smiled slightly, amused, as she attached San on the end of his name. She had to be a proper Japanese woman and Cam respected that. He let out a chuckle as she asked why he was in the back alley way. "I could ask you the same question." he said, the amusment of the converstation coming out clear in his voice. "I was actually just wandering around. I don't have anything better to do these days." he said with a shrug. His answer was honest. He was bored.

She smiled at him. the fun-loving tone in his voice made her feel welcomed; and not many people had that effect on Sarah. This guy would be a great friend. "Well boredom leads to madness, so find something to do and cure it!" She said happily with a nod. "well my story is the same. There isn't really much to do around here, is there?" She asked.

Cameron liked this older girl. She was pleasant and they seemed to be getting along smashingly. Cameron laughed at her speech. He definitely liked her. "Well madam, what do you propose we do to cure our mutual boredom?" he asked, his blue eyes twinkling. Cam nodded his head at her question. "Sadly no. You would think that a wizarding town would have loads of entertainment." he commented. It was true though. Magic was supposed to make anything possible wasn't it? he thought ironically.

She shrugged her shoulder. "I could do this." She puffed out her lips and pulled on her ears, making a monkey face. "Or we could talk?" She said in the form of a question. This guy was pretty cool, but who used the word mutual anymore? She hadn't heard it in a while! She kept a smile on her face and looked up at him. Noticing that he was taller then her. It wasn't unusual, but it was a fun fact to remember.

Cameron laughed as the girl made a face. It resembled a monkey face. Cam's eyes sparkled with amusment. "Can we talk while you make that face?" he said teasingly. He liked to joke around and hoped the girl didn't get offended. Cameron looked down at her, smiling. "Talking can be interesting. What do you want to talk about?" he asked. Cameron had been raised in the deep south. He had been taught to treat a lady with respect, that included asking her for the topic of conversation.

She smiled. "you can probably talk, but me, i have trouble talking and holding my breath at the same time." She grinned, showing her white teeth for only a second, before closing her lips. "Your choice of topic!" She said. She hadn't ever been good at deciding things.

Cameron laughed. She was a funny girl. He finally saw her teeth. They were perfectly white and straight. He didn't understand why she had been hiding them. He smiled at her. "What about the basic stuff? You know age? school? what you like to do?" he said in a friendly tone. If she was going to be his friend like he wanted then he needed to know things about her.

"Okay, back to the basics." She said. Then she thought to herself. What were her basics. She counted on her fingers for a few seconds. "I'm 21, and I used to go to Beuxbatons." She said with a smile. "And i enjoy anything that doesn't have to do with harming small fuzzy animals." She nodded. "Your turn!"

Cameron grinned at her last answer. She must be one of those animal activists. He nodded his head to show that he was paying attention to her. "I'm 19 and I just graduated from Durmstrang. I was the champion for them during the Triwizard Tournament. I like to play Quidditch and enjoy anything with adventure." he said smiling devilishly at her.

She smiled back at him. He was only nineteen? She hadn't expected that. "Really, you are just 19, wow." She said, speaking her mind as usual. "And you like adventures?" She grinned, showing her teeth without a care in the world. "And a champion. Wow, your girlfriend must be proud." She said, making the assumption that he had a girl waiting for him where ever he lived.

Cameron laughed at her surprise. He got that reaction a lot after people found out his real age. Cam grinned at Sarah. "Yeah, I love a good adventure." he said mischievously. "Don't you?" he asked, hoping that she did. "Yeah I had a girlfriend at the time of the tournament, she was so proud of me. But we broke up a few months ago." he explained. He still liked Caysi and maybe they would get back together someday. They just couldn't be together at the moment. Cam laughed. "But my sisters, you should see how proud they are. Its usually the first thing that they tell people." Cameron said with a sly smile. He loved his little sisters.

She smiled and nodded. "Yeah, i love adventures. Slaying things and looking for treasure, and what not." She said joking around. She really did love adventure, but no slaying things. She didn't like slaying things. "I'm sorry. Girls can be so mean sometimes. I would know." She sighed. "So you have sisters. Are they older then you?" She asked. She had a sister, and used to have a brother. But she didn't want to bring it up right now.

Cameron grinned. He could tell she was just joking about slaying things and treasure. Cameron looked at Sarah curiously. "What have mean girls done to you?" he asked wondering. "My ex is my sister's best friend. It was complicated." he shrugged. He didn't want to think about Caysi right now. "Yes I have two sisters. They are both younger than me." he said answering her question. Cam grinned as he thought about his annoying, lovable little sisters. "Kiera is 16 and a 6th year. Katheryn is a 4th year and she is 15." he said grinning.

She thought his question about mean girls was serious so she said. "Well in my first year at Beuxbatons, they pushed me down a really big flight of stairs. And one killed my brother... so... you know, they've done a lot. That's why most of my friends are guys." She smiled as he told her about his sisters. "Really, my little niece will be going to Hogwarts this year."

Cameron looked horrified as she told him what had happened with the mean girls. He was mad for his new friend. His eyes flashed with anger. "What do you mean they killed your brother?" he asked, distrested. "I can see why you would hate girls. You need to meet the nice ones like my sisters." he told her kindly. "Oh really? You need tell her to look up Kiera if she is in Gryffindor and Katheryn if she is in Hufflepuff." he said, smiling.

"Well, yeah. It happened a while ago. She's in Azkaban now though. For the good of us all." Sarah said, her smile turning into a bit of a frown. But she smiled again and looked up. "Well i hope she will be in a house with nice people. I really want her to have a better school experience then what she has already had. Back home she ahd plenty of enemies, but she seems to be making friends here." Sarah was glad of that. Angela was a very sweet girl. Even to her enemies she was nice... usually. "Angela wants to be in Ravenclaw, cause she thinks her cousin will be in that house."

Cameron nodded his head at Sarah. He felt horribly for her. That was a tragic thing. "Well the girl deserves Askaban." Cameron muttered darkly. Cameron was protective over his friends and family. He listened as Sarah told him about her niece. It sounded like she had had some hard luck. "Well, I think that the girls at New Zealand are definitely more kind. Kiera and Kat both will be friendly with her no matter what house she is in. I can tell them to watch out for her if you would like." he offered his new friend.

"Well, yeah i guess." he didn't know Elizzabeth like she did. Kari had told her, and Sarah had felt pity for her. "You would do that for Angel?" She hugged him like a friend she had known forever. "You are so nice. I can't believe you are single!" This guy was just as sweet as what Kari was.

Cameron chuckled as she hugged him. Cameron hugged her back. He already regarded this girl as a friend. "Of course I will do that for her. Maybe they could even meet when the girls get out on break." he offered. He chuckled as she said he couldnt believe he was single. "I can't believe I am either." he joked. "In truth, I haven't met any interested girls." he told his new friend.

"You are amazing!" She said with a grin. "You know what, I'm very suprised at that! Girls never seem to realize that the nicer the guy, the better off they are. they go for the jerks who are evil, because they are "bad boys". I'm sick of girls like that! i hope that doesn't happen to Angel."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back