The Gryffindors at The Lodge

Kat stuck her tongue out at Cyndi when she joked about the bed with the springs sticking out. "Well aren't you just generous!" she joked as she sat down on her own bed and listened to her friends talking, feeling extremely grateful that she wasn't going to be spending her summer holidays alone at school. There was so much to do over their stay here and Kat wanted to do all of it. With the exception of going with Kiera a few years ago she had never really been anywhere before without her parents so this was a new adventure.

"You're right we probably should go ahead and introduce ourselves," Kat said in agreeance. Just then she heard someone call them from downstairs mentioning something about a party which them made her remember that she had something for Bruin's birthday. She reached over and dug in her bag and pulled out his birthday gift. "Here ya go Bruin! Happy birthday!" she said as she tossed it over to him and then she turned to Andy asking, "Who is that? Should we go on down then?"

Andromeda sat up immediately when she heard the voice.
"Coming!" she shouted out, shrugging as she turned to the others, "don't worry we won't be on the clock while we're here but... well you'll understand when you see just how many of my family are here. Thing is they all live here." She clambered down off the top bunk pushing her hands into her pockets.
"But its still only special occasions that they all come together, so this is a big deal for my nan. The last time there was this big group of them was for grandads funeral two years ago. They're all out in full force to throw open the welcome mat. There'll be lots of music, I don't think there's an instrument that one of them doesn't play. And when they start dancing --- girls I would run for cover. A few of my older cousins are very partial to brunettes. Bruin will most likely get nabbed by one or more of the aunts for a dance. There's no stopping them. Sorry guys."
She couldn't help but laugh now as she made her way out of the room.
"Come on I'll introduce you all to Patrick my uncle".

As they all joked around, Cyndi heard a voice coming from downstairs. When Kat asked who it was, Andy answered that it was time for them to head on down for the party. Cyndi smiled as Andy told them about her family. She surely knew what big families were like when they got together. She stood up and followed behind Andy, "It sounds like it's going to be so much fun" she said excitedly as they got ready to head down.

Bruin accepted Kat's generous gift, quickly unwrapping it and then admiring it. "Excellent Kat, thanks a lot!" He replied, knowing that he'd better make some good use out of it in the coming year. Bruin then heard Andy's uncle call from down below and starting gathering himself up.

A normal person might have been a little unsure of heading down, particularly Andy's warning about the likelihood of him being bandied about by her Aunts, but then Bruin wasn't exactly normal and he hadn't ever been to a party that he didn't manage to enjoy himself at so he brushed himself off and joined the rest. "Alright then, let's get this party started!" He exclaimed. "I've got me some relatives to charm!"

"Any of your older cousins cute?" Kat asked jokingly as she hopped off her bed and looked in the mirror to make sure she at least looked presentable. She then looked at Bruin and said, "No prob! Thought you might get some use out of it. Need to keep that broom of yours in tip top shape if we plan on knocking the competition down a notch on the pitch next year!" Kat snorted and shook her head at her friend when he said he had some relatives to charm and then piped up saying, "Let's do this! Come on Cyndi...we've got some guys to flirt with!" She flashed Cyndi a cheesy grin and walked out after Andy.

Andromeda couldn't help but laugh when Kat asked if any of her cousins were cute and how Bruin was eager to go and charm her relatives.
"This is my Uncle Patrick." she indicated the tall man standing by the fireplace, "They were wondering if I had any goodlooking cousins? The boys will be thrilled won't they?" she gave a wink, knowing that there was probably one or two of her cousins who didn't quite fit the goodlooking bill like all the others did. They were a damn right attractive family and sure she was biased to pieces about them, but as goodlooking as they all were they like everyone else had their hollywood stars of the mix. The utterly drop down gorgeous family members. Andy would never be able to count herself as one of these and it never bothered her at all. Often wondering was she destined to grow old disgracefully instead like her grand-aunts. With a smile she grabbed a pashmina she had thrown over the back of the sofa and walked to the door. Turning around she bit her lip as she looked at them.

"Now I know you were all impressed with this house but another warning... we're not rich. When you see the main house you'll probably think we are but it's been in the family for over a century. The entire family runs the farm and sanctuary and chips in with the maintenence of our home too. It's just a tad overwhelming when people see it first" she opened the door smiling, hoping they would like the house she grew up in half as much as they did the Lodge.

Patrick stood by the fireplace and greeted them all. They seemed a nice bunch and was glad that Andromeda had made some decent friends at least, remembering the awful moody boy from first year who had taken an instant disliking to Patrick for no apparent reason. Walking to the door and holding it open as Andromeda went through, smiling as she tried to explain about the main house. They wouldn't understand what she meant until they actually saw it though.

"Well I think we better get them all up to that party then. Your Nana has moved it to the barn which is over behind the house, just incase it rains later. Oh and your Grand-aunts have made up silly dance cards and put only Bruins name on each page. I pity you boy" he laughed heartily as he ushered them outside.

[in the O'Brien house thread is the party- you'll also get to see the house. I think last person out of the three of you to post here should maybe godmod us completely leaving and going up towards the house. Otherwise we could be here all day =)) was thinking maybe Bruin should open up the Canada thread - as this one is slow enough we'll never get our holiday to Canada before school reopens next week otherwise =)) ]

Kat gave Andy a cheeky little grin. Maybe a summer fling was exactly what she needed to get her out of the present funk she was in. Nothing serious, just some harmless flirting. Couldn't make things any worse than they already were. She beamed at the thought as she walked over to her friends uncle and introduced herself, "Hullo! I'm Kat! Thank you for having us here!" Kat then poked her head around her friends and looked outside to the barn. There were already people there so she looked at her friends and said, "Umm, I think I'm going to go check out the festivities!" With that she headed out the door and out to the party...a smile plastered on her face the entire way.

Cyndi smiled at Andy's uncle Patrick as they were all introduced and introduced herself, "I'm Cyndi. Thanks for having us here." At the mention of cute boys, Cyndi perked up and patted her shirt down. This is gonna be fun, Cyndi thought as she followed behind Kat toward the party. "I'm right behind you, Kat" Cyndi said and with that she left the lodge.

AFTER THE PARTY
<i>
</i>

Andromeda was the first back at the lodge but didn't mind in the slightest, they were all having such a great time. She had been thrilled that everyone liked her friends so much but seriously what was there not to like. She had gotten them all welcome gifts but hadn't had the chance to give them to them yet. They were silly things really but she hoped they liked them.
She went to the bathroom and showered, towel dried her hair and put on her pyjama's then once she was ready came back out and took the gifts from the closet and placed them on their beds.

Cyndi:
343239528v3_350x350_Front_Color-Bla.jpg

Bruin:
canons.png

Kat:
165772918v3_350x350_Front_Color-Ash.jpg

She tried to remember where she had actually put Bruin's birthday present which she also hadn't had a chance to give with a sigh she scoured the bedroom until she remembered that she had been wrapping it down stairs only yesterday, running down quickly she found it in moments and brought it back up placing it on his pillow.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm179/LINDA_2002/****ens-rare-old-book.jpg

She had scoured everywhere to get something that might help him unlock the secrets of the carving his grandparents had left him. Hoping that something would be in this particular book was the reason she had gotten it. Andy tucked herself up into her own bed and opening up her Enchanted Encounters settled down for a light read before bed time.

Bruin had enjoyed his time thoroughly at the dance, but had decided to make his way back to the lodge by himself. Andy had disappeared a little earlier and Cyndi and Kat appeared to be having a great deal of fun with her cousins still, so he didn't feel right disturbing them. Bruin had thanked each of Andy's Grand-Aunts for the evening's festivities and bid goodnight to her uncle and nana before making the walk back to the lodge, really enjoying the quiet solitude of the night air. As much as he loved people, Bruin was equally comfortable being alone at times, especially outdoors.

When he arrived back at the lodge he found that Andy had already changed for bed and had laid out some presents for them. "Wow, what are all these for?" He exclaimed as he sat down on his bed and waited for her reply before tearing into them.

(OOC- I'll open up a Canada thread later today and add the link, promise...)

Andromeda heard the door downstairs open and knew instinctively that it was Bruin and not the girls. Those two would have been giggling and whispering loudly about Daniel and Jake no doubt. She smiled over the top of her book when he came in, noticing immediately that there were gifts for them.

"Well I wanted to welcome you all to my home but knew I wouldn't have time to actually get anything Irish once I got here as I'd be mobbed. Pretty much as you were tonight actually" she laughed remembering the delight he had brought to her three widowed grand-aunts. They would be talking about this for quite possibly the rest of their days.
"Anyway they're all just something small. Except that one" she pointed to the bigger one on his bed and sat forward, putting her book down.
"I didn't get a chance to say it earlier and I really hope you didn't think I forgot but belated Happy Birthday Bruin".

"Oh well, I had been wondering, but..." He said with a smirk as he first checked out the shirt, immediately liking the design and colours. "Looks like it'll be a perfect fit." He added before turning his attention to the parcel on his pillow. He opened this one more carefully and gazed at the cover momentarily before carefully opening up the book and slowly flipping through its pages. Bruin had a fairly extensive personal library and this would be an excellent addition to his collection, knowing that he would find it extremely interesting to read and very valuable as he continued his study of magic after he left the school.

"Wow Andy, this is amazing. I love it..." He replied, wondering about how to properly thank a girl who was already in her PJ's. He couldn't very well go and hug her or anything, although it was the first thought that crossed his mind and he had actually risen out of bed to do so. "I, uh, I... thanks... I'm just going to get ready for bed...." He said awkwardly as he grabbed his toiletries, pyjama bottoms and his new shirt. "I had a great time tonight...thanks for the presents and dance and stuff..." Bruin managed with a warm smile and headed off to take a quick shower and get ready for bed himself.

Andy was about to explain how she had hassled her uncle to get some of the Chudley Canons to sign the t-shirt for him and that the book was to help him hopefully unlock any secret that his grandparents gift to him might have, when he seemed to get awkward. Bruin never got awkward so this was strange in itself, he thanked her before heading to the bathroom and Andy stayed sitting in the bed wondering if she had done something wrong. Boys were so peculiar at the best of times.

Realising she was wide awake again, just as the particular story she had been reading had been about to send her to sleep she decided a trip to the kitchen was on the books. She could make a hot chocolate which had always helped to send her off before. Climbing down from the bunk bed she walked on her bare feet across the wooden floor, passing the bathroom and hearing the shower on. Andy sighed, knowing it would be a long time before she could ever begin to figure boys out. Maybe he was just being polite and hadnt really liked the gifts at all.

When she reached the kitchen she took out a small saucepan and filled it with some milk, turned on the gas hob and set the milk to boil. Finding the jar of chocolate powder she scooped in what she would need and began to stir. Deciding she would bring one up to Bruin as well she took down two mugs before the milk began to boil. She took it off the heat and tossed some mini marshmallows into the mugs before pouring the hot chocolate in as well. it was gas that her grandmother had stocked the house with some essential food items but also knew her grand-daughter enough to stock the hot-chocolate as well.

Bruin emerged from the bathroom feeling refreshed and wearing some long flannel pyjama pants, his new Cannon's shirt that appeared to be autographed, and a smile. He was a little surprised to see that Andy wasn't in bed and wondered if he should go and take a look for her. Instead, he decided to hop up onto his own bunkbed and flip through his new book, quickly becoming lost in the fascinating histories behind each and every one of the interesting spells and charms that it contained. He thought he heard some footsteps on the stairs and raised an eyebrow to see if someone was returning.

Andromeda walked slowly up the stairs so as not to spill a drop on the wooden floor, sure it was easy enough to clean up but her aunt Agatha was so house proud that she would spot the tiniest of messes within seconds. Andy didn't want an ear bashing from her that was for sure. Looking at the door infront of her she realised she had closed it out on her way down. The two mugs were pretty hot, she turned around and attempted to push with her back but no luck it was properly closed.
"Damn" she muttered out loud, still expecting Bruin to be in the shower and not hearing her. There was nothing for it then she placed the mugs down on the ground, turned the handle and pushed the door open a tad. Retrieving the mugs she used her foot this time to push open the door.

After dancing most of the night with Andy's cousin Jake, Cyndi finally decided to return to the lodge. As she walked in, Cyndi realized how thirsty all of that dancing had made her, so she made her way to the kitchen to get herself some water. She had so much fun that night, and loved all of Andy's family. They were clearly close to each other and they had certainly made an effort to make everyone feel comfortable. When she was finished, Cyndi washed her glass and placed it in the dish rack to dry.

Humming to herself, Cyndi made her way up the steps to the room. She had looked for the rest of them before she left, but figured that they had all returned to the lodge. As she arrived at the landing, Cyndi found Andy opening the door to the room and Bruin inside on his bunk reading a book. "Hi guys" Cyndi said as she went in. She headed straight to the bedside table so that she could retrieve her pajamas--a t-shirt and some pajama shorts. As she grabbed her things to head for the shower, Cyndi saw a t-shirt laying on the bed. "Is this from you Andy?" Cyndi asked as she picked it up and took a look at it. "This shirt is great! Thanks." Cyndi said with a laugh, "I'll put it on after my shower."

Andromeda had just managed to get the door open when Cyndi breezed by and into the room, getting her pj's and toiletries before discovering her t-shirt. Andy was almost speechless as she remained standing in the doorway with the two mugs of hot chocolate. Cyndi seemed to like her t-shirt but then again so had Bruin and she had seen his reaction which wasn't great at all, nothing but massive awkwardness. Cyndi said she'd put hers on after her shower, Andy looked up towards Bruins bed at that point and saw that he was reading the book she hadn't gotten him for his birthday. She smiled, honestly not being able to help herself.

"I'm glad you like it Cyndi" she moved into the room and placed the two mugs on the small coffee table.
"Bruin I made you a hot chocolate, sorry I would bring it to you in bed but its like an unspoken rule since I was a kid, no drinks or food in bed" she grinned.

Kat had had so much fun dancing with Daniel all night and then the two of them had left the party for a walk around the grounds. It was an absolutely beautiful night and she was having a perfect time here so far. When Daniel had dropped her off round front of the lodge Kat gave him a sweet smile and a hug, though she had a sneaky suspicion he had been hoping for a little more than a hug. She pushed open the front door and headed upstairs.

"Ah, you guys are still up I see," she said as she walked over to her bed and saw something laying on it. She picked it up and grinned widely saying, "I love it Andy! It's great!" Kat hugged her friend. She noticed that all the others had showered, which was a good thing because she was dying to get a bath and then snuggle into bed. Kat grabbed her toiletry bag, her new t-shirt, and her pyjama pants then headed for the bathroom.

About 20 minutes later she came back in her jammies and wet head and climbed into her bed. "Night Cyndi! Night Bruin! Night Andy!" she said looking at each of them before resting her head on her pillow, but then looked back at Andy and said, "Oh and Andy...thanks for inviting me. This is definitely what I needed to help me get over it!" Kat smiled and winked at her friend and then put her head back down and after a few minutes was out like a light.

By the time, Cyndi was heading back into the room from her shower, she realized that she probably should have held the door for Andy who had had full hands. As soon as she entered, Cyndi smiled sheepishly at Andy and said, "Sorry for just rushing by earlier... I guess my head was in the clouds." She walked to her bed and pulled down the sheets, and before she climbed in turned to Andy again, "and Andy...thanks again for inviting me. Tonight was so much fun!" She climbed into bed and smiled at Bruin, who appeared to be reading a book. Cyndi covered herself up and pulled out her journal which she began writing in.

A few moments later, Kat came back into the room from her shower. She bid them all good night and then went to bed. By then, Cyndi was sleepy, so she turned to Bruin and Andy and wished them a good night herself. "See you in the morning Andy and Bruin" Cyndi said sleepily as she settled into her pillow.

Bruin looked up as Andy and Cyndi entered the room, smiling widely when Andy mentioned some hot chocolate. He laid his book aside gently and hopped down, taking one of the mugs from her and leaning against one of the bunk beds as he sipped on it. "That book is amazing Andy. It looks like there is a little story about each spell...kind of who discovered it and why...really cool actually." Bruin hoped she realized how much he appreciated it.

"Oh, and as you can see the shirt fits well, although I must say that I'm not the biggest fan of the Cannons, but to each their own I suppose...are these their actual signatures?" He asked, pointing to some of the names on the shirt.

Cyndi returned from her shower a short while later and began writing in a diary or something and Kat managed to slip in a few moments later. The group of them talked for a while longer before the warm cocoa overtook Bruin and he too snuggled down for the night. He was glad that he had decided to join the girls at Andy's and knew that they were in store for a great visit. "G'night all...sweet dreams..." He managed before sleep consumed him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back