The Gryffindors at The Lodge

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
The O'Brien Lodge, Gourt

heysbrook-country-lodge-2.jpg

Andromeda paced up and down the sitting room waiting for her friends to pop out of the fireplace at any moment. She knew the chances of them all arriving together were slim at best but still she hoped. She also knew that it could be today or tomorrow, wringing her hands in anticipation she continued her pacing. Her uncle Patrick had left earlier to go back up to the house, as he was getting agitated just looking at her. It was great to be back, the hullabaloo that her family had made over her was amazing. She had forgotten what it was like to be surrounded by people who knew every little cut and scape, every frown and tear that she ever had growing up, as well as all the laughter and good times. They had done nothing but have barb-b-q's every night so far and her grandmother had insisted they have a camp fire when all her friends arrived. Andy had been overwhelmed when she had seen her again, the two hugged one another for what seemed like an eternity.

Taking a deep breath she through herself down on the large beige couch and picked up a magazine, crossing her slender denim clad legs and flipping the pages. Andy had to wear a long sleeved t-shirt since she got back so none of her family would see any of her scars and begin a tirade of questions. Still restless she threw down the magazine again and stood up once more, butterflies now in her stomach. Would they like her home? Would they like her family?

Cyndi had received Andy's letter, and she didn't hesitate to send a reply to her roommate stating that she would be thrilled to visit. The next day she had begun packing for the trip, needing to dig in her bedroom closet for a raincoat and galoshes, which she rarely used. After saying goodbye to her parents and younger siblings a few days later, Cyndi grabbed a pinch of floo powder and reread the letter that had come with the owl. She threw the powder into her fireplace and stated "The O'Brien Lodge, Gourt" as she walked into the flames that erupted.

She never liked traveling by Floo Powder and planned to not do it again, but Cyndi wasn't sure whether she would be able to Apparate on the grounds of the lodge. As she always did when she traveled by Floo Powder, Cyndi closed her eyes and waited for the ride to end. Finally, she felt herself slowing and felt the cool breeze that let her know it was safe to open her eyes. Cyndi looked out from a huge fireplace into a beautiful lodge, but she had to close her eyes again as a wave of dizziness passed over her. Her parents said it was floo travel sickness, and just like regular motion sickness, it often passed when she got fresh air.

A moment later, Cyndi opened her eyes and smiled at Andy then began to look around in awe. "This place is AWESOME!" she said by way of greeting as she walked toward Andy to give her a hug.

Andromeda heard the voice and spun around to see Cyndi. She let out a girlish squeal that was so unlike her and ran to hug her Gryffindor roomie.
"You made it" she was delighted and released her eventually to stand back and take Cyndi's bag.
"Sorry you had to floo it, we don't know how the family would take to us apparating anywhere around here. Uncle Patrick always uses the floo network when he deems to return home at all, so we thought this was best" she was rambling but didn't care, this was great.
"So you like so far, they only renovated it last summer apparently, you couldn't swing a cat in here before that. Extension on to the extension type of thing."

Cyndi took a better look around after Andy took her bag. She listened to Andy's rambling with an amused smile on her face,and it made Cyndi happy to see Andy entirely at ease and carefree. "It's so great to see you Andy! I feel like it's been so long since we last saw each other even though I know it hasn't been" she said, "So...where is everybody? Am I really the first one here?" she asked because she hadn't seen anyone else yet.

Andy smiled and directed Cyndi to the stairs.
"Oh you're the first but somebody had to be right? I just hope the other two can make it. I know they will but after talking the three of you up the past few days to my family... I guess I was hyper worried incase all of you decided last minute that you couldn't make it." she began to lug the bag up the stairs.
"Now the only problem is... besides the fact that I can't use magic to levitate your bag up to the room is that we're all sharing. Goodness I hope Bruin won't mind that! The attic got converted into one giant room, so it's got two single beds and two bunk beds. There are three bathrooms here though. One en-suite to our room , one en-suite to my uncles which is just down the hall there and then there's just a generic one at the other side of the kitchen. I'll give you a tour in a minute, take you up to see the room first. I was going to bags dibs on one of the single beds but decided on a top bunk instead. And... as you're the first here you get to choose next so way better for you" she was rabbiting on again as she continued walking up the stairs until she came to the small landing.
"Don't let the landing here deceive you, it's like an apartment inside its so big. There's bean bags and a sofa as well, a tv with a games consul.. my cousin Douglas put in four controls incase we all wanted a game at some point. Very decent of him. Any ways.. prepare yourself" with this said Andy opened the door of the room and lifted the bag inside, stepping back for Cyndi.

Cyndi followed Andy to the stairs and listened to her the entire way up. Andy kept a running commentary the entire way up, telling her about each area they passed and what they would be passing next. Cyndi couldn't recall if she had ever been in a house this large, and after a second's thought realized she hadn't, unless you counted her grandparents house which wasn't so much big as it was high.

When she heard that she would have a choice of beds, Cyndi immediately knew that she would want a single one. There was just something about bunk beds she didn't like very much. As Andy opened the door, Cyndi peeked in. "Whoa! All of this is for us?" Cyndi exclaimed as she entered the room. Andy surely had not been exaggerated when she said that the room was as large as an apartment. Cyndi stepped inside and looked around. There was so much there that she couldn't decide where she should step first. Eventually, after passing the living room area of the bedroom, Cyndi saw the beds and pointed at a single bed near a window. "I think I'll take that one. It looks like it has a pretty view" Cyndi said as she walked over to it, "thanks again for inviting me Andy. This is going to be so great!"

"I'm glad you like it Cyndi. There are extra pillows and blankets in the chest at the end of each bed and in here..." she walked to a set of double doors and opened them, "In here is a closet and lots of drawer space for clothes and stuff. I'll leave you to get unpacked and settle in. I'll put the kettle on downstairs. Come back down when you're ready and Cyndi, totally make yourself at home. It's great to have you here" Andy smiled and strolled down the stairs to let Cyndi settle in.

Going into the kitchen area she filled the kettle and plugged it in. It had taken her a few days to get used to the muggle way of doing things again but it was alot of fun. She found it amazing what both worlds took for granted.

Bruin had received Andy's invite and after making the necessary arrangements with his parents and ensuring that their connection to the Floo Network was still viable decided that it was time to depart. He tossed the floo powder into the fireplace and stepped into the swirling flames stating the O'Brien Lodge, Gourt as he did so. He was quickly engulfed by blackness and an almost unbearable pressure around his torso caused him to almost lose grip of his knapsack. Fortunately, the pressure gave way almost as quickly as the feeling had set upon him and he emerged into a bright and cozy room still clutching his belongings.

Hoping that it was the right place, Bruin took a deep breath, looked around and then hearing some movement in a nearby room, decided to call out. "Hello, anybody home?"

Andy was just taking the mugs out of the cupboard as the kettle clicked off when a very familiar voice called out. 'Bruin' he had made it after all. She smiled walking out of the kitchen to see him standing there.
"Hey you" she beamed running over and giving him a massive hug, releasing him she stood back stuffing her hands into her pockets.
"You made it, Cyndi is already here. Was the mode of transport to your liking?"

She wanted nothing more than to bombard him with questions but thought he should probably settle in first too.
"Come on I'll show you to our room" she knew that statement alone would probably throw him for six, so she paused to explain.
"They renovated the entire house so the room we're sleeping in is totally huge but we all have to share. There's like two bunk beds and two single beds, its got its own bathroom but other than that privacy is pretty much out the window. Unless you want to share a single bed with my uncle" she grinned, "do you want a hand with your bags?"

Bruin enjoyed the warm greeting and returned Andy's hug with a big grin. "Yeah, the Floo-thing is alright every now and then...quick at least." He then listened as she continued describing their living arrangements and a bit of colour was visible upon his cheeks. "Uh, oh alright...I'm sure it'll be fine if the upstairs is anywhere near as nice as down here." He stammered, figuring that he could always change in the bathroom and that it wouldn't be all that different than camping out, an activity that he was familiar with.

"Nah, it's alright...I think I can manage my knapsack!" He replied with a grin. "So, how's your summer been so far?" He asked wondering how she was enjoying being with family, by the looks of it, it certainly appeared as though everything was good.

She laughed when she saw him colour slightly, she would probably be the same if she were the only boy amongst three girls.
"Come on I'll show you to the room, Cyndi is up there unpacking. She's bagged one of the single beds, I've taken the top of one of the bunks, so there's plenty still. Up this way" she was too excited for words now, Kat was all that was left to come.
"My summer has been slightly mental to say the least. I'll tell you all about it I promise, just remind me to mention the borely at some point though I would rather forget it. It's been brilliant to be back here. Would you believe I nearly forgot how to use some of the electrical things? That is pure crazy isn't it? We've had nothing but barb-b-q's since we got back. The weather has been surprisingly good".

She stopped on the bottom step of the stairs realising that once again she was rabbiting on. Turning to face him she smiled.
"Sorry I guess I'm just excited to be back and to have all of you here" it would have been great to have Zazuka and Brian here as well but that was just never going to happen.

Bruin listened as Andy prattled on excitedly, a smile stretching across his face until she mentioned the Borely Mansion. Bruin had been there about the same age as Andy now was, that had been one of the scariest expenses of his life and the cost had been the death of Anastasia. Bruin had vowed that he would never return and was disappointed to hear that the efforts made to prevent students from entering the place hadn't improved. However, when she continued talking about living as a muggle he decided that he would let her share experience when she was ready and decide then whether or not he needed to caution her about returning.

"Barbecue sounds great." He stated while rubbing his stomach with his free hand. "I'm not sure if I should take the bunk under you or not...might not be able to resist the urge to kick your mattress in the middle of the night?" He mused aloud. "Actually, that sounds kind of fun, come to think of it!"

Andy laughed and playfully punched his arm.
"You so will not go kicking me in the middle of the night. You can take the other top bunk just opposite and we can toss stuff down at the other two" she laughed as she made her way up the stairs, stopping again half way up them and leaning against the bannister she turned and smiled.
"Oh I nearly forgot. You're of age now aren't you? How does it feel? My Nana is all set to make a big deal out of you seeing as you're the only boy I've invited... ever and because we all missed your birthday." she started to walk up the stairs to the small landing.

"Alright I gave this speel to Cyndi so I'm giving it to you too, it's really big in there. Room for swinging twenty cats.. and oh my goodness" she got even more excited now, "remember I told you how I was afraid how the animals would react to me well, naturally the horses went a bit crazy as did the rest actually except the dogs. Isn't that great? My dog came bounding over, sniffed me for a bit, growled and then got excited that I was back. I'll introduce you to him later."

Bruin thought about Andy's suggestion to take the high ground and pelt the other two from above and nodded approvingly. "I could live with that..." He said with a laugh.

Bruin began following Andy up the stairs. "Yeah, my birthday was last week, although I don't feel much different to tell the truth, although people have often thought that I was much more mature than my age." He said with a snicker.

"Actually your dog and I must have a lot in common, that's how I remember our first introduction as well. A sniff, a growl, and then ultimately, acceptance..." Bruin prepared himself for the punch that he fully expected to follow that comment.

Andy turned around to face him with an all indignant expression on her face, her fist was already in a ball when she saw his expression. It was almost as if he knew she would want to punch him and that he had simply been goading her.
"Bruin Dumbledez you so better behave yourself here. My family think I'm a saint and I want it to stay that way, they won't think that for long if they see me throttling you every five minutes" she nudged him instead with her arm playfully, "come on I'll show you the room."

Andy opened the door and walked in.
"Hey Cyndi look who finally arrived. Bruin welcome to your home for the next two weeks."

She walked in and stood back so that he could enter the room as well. The room was indeed as large as any apartment. The single beds were against the North wall with two velux windows inbetween while the two bunk beds were against the East facing wall with just one slanted window that only those on the top bunks could see out. Opposite the single beds was a giant tv screen, with all the mod-cons for gaming and viewing pleasure. Just down from that was a double door which opened up to reveal a huge walk in wardrobe and drawers. The bathroom containing a bath, a shower, sink and toilet was just below that again. At the end of each bed was a wooden chest with extra pillows and blankets just incase the temperature dropped any.

"Well what do you think?"

"Alright, alright...I'll be good!" Bruin replied, knowing that Andy would pay him back in spades when the group moved to his house if he didn't anyways. He then followed her into the room and his jaw literally dropped. The room was awesome and he knew that he would have no difficulty roughing it with the three girls for next couple weeks when this was where they would be retiring to each evening.

"It's amazing, totally amazing....hey roomie!" Bruin said to Cyndi. "Did you save me any closet space?" He joked.

((Finally home from the beach and thought I would get to this one first thing!! :D ))

After a week of begging and pleading with her parents Kat was finally packed and ready to go spend a few weeks at Andy's. Neither her mum or dad (but mostly her dad) didn't want to let her go since Bruin was going. She tried to explain to them that her fellow Gryffindor was a perfectly respectable gentleman, but then her father replied with, "I don't care you are not staying with a sixteen year old boy. The answer is no!" After that Kat worked on her mum who then worked on her dad who eventually gave in. She was ecstatic. She stood in the living room of her empty home and made sure she had everything she needed. Once she was sure, Kat picked up and handful of Floo powder and said very clearly, "O'Brien Lodge, Gourt." She was sucked into darkness, but squeezed her eyes shut tightly anyways...Kat hated traveling by Floo.

Finally the odd feeling stopped and Kat opened her eyes and saw that she had arrived somewhere...hopefully it was the right place. She drug her bag out of the fireplace and dusted herself off. Looking around and not seeing anyone Kat called out, "Hullo? Anyone here?" Please dear sweet Merlin let me have the right place.

[yay Kat's back!]

Andromeda heard the familiar voice of Kat downstairs and smiled.
"Right I'll go down and get Kat before she bumps into anything, you two can finish getting yourselves settled in" she left the room and bounded down the stairs to her roomie. Seeing her in the sitting room Andy all but ran to her and flung her arms around her, totally thrilled to have all three here at last.
"Hey you finally made it, great timing now you're all here" she beamed at her as she released her from the bear hug.
"Come on the other two are unpacking and grabbing the best beds. Have one slight hitch, I didn't know I promise until I got here but the four of us will be sharing one large room. All seperate beds of course" she grinned wickedly as she walked to the stairs.
"Do you want me to help with your bags?"

Cyndi stayed behind unpacking as Andy went down to get something. With a handful of clothes, Cyndi made her way to the closet and opened the door. The closet was so huge that Cyndi had to walk in so that she could put her clothes away. As she was just finishing up and stepping out of the closet, Cyndi saw Andy return to the room with Bruin in tow. She smiled at him as he greeted her and joked about the closet space. "Hey Bruin...even I don't have enough clothing to fill this closet" she joked back as she sat down on the bed she had chosen for the stay.

As they were talking, Cyndi heard a voice coming from downstairs, which she recognized as Kat's. She watched Andy go out the door to get her and then turned to Bruin, "How's your summer been so far?" she asked him and then she jumped up from her bed and to her bag, taking out a package from inside it. "Here, before I forget... your birthday present" she said as she held out the package for him. She hoped he would like the Deflagration Deluxe kit inside.

((Before she bumps into anything? :-W You make it sound like she can't walk without a kat-astrophe happening!! :p ))

Kat was startled when Andy latched onto her, but returned the hug finally glad to see someone that she knew. "Looks like I made it to the right place then," she said as she turned to grab her bags up. Kat's eyes got wide when Andy said that they'd all be sharing one big room. Oh crud dad is so not going to like this...wait...what dad doesn't know won't hurt him. I just won't tell him any different she thought as they walked up the stairs. "Nah it's just two bags I think I'm good. Thanks though!" she said as they walked up to the room.

When they finally got there Kat just stared. She'd never seen a room this big outside of school before and figured she probably never will. She saw Cyndi and Bruin already unpacking already and beamed from ear to ear. This was going to be a great vacation and she was truly grateful that she wasn't having to spend this summer alone at the castle. "Hey guys! Hope you saved me a decent bed!" she joked as she went over and claimed the last of the beds in the giant room.

[heheehe - sorry Kat ;) ]

Andy stepped back after opening the door to let Kat in, this was great the four of them here together. She grinned when Kat took the other bed.
"Looks like you've the bunk bed after all Bruin" she laughed, going to the window and opening it a fraction. Climbing up onto her own bunk bed she threw herself down on it so that she was facing the three of them.
"Well after you've all unpacked I can bring you up to the house if you want or we can stay here for a bit. Though I think the entire family are dying to meet you all. Nana has organised a barb-b-q tonight and I think some sort of campfire later on in the week. There's the lake just outside that we can swim in or go kayaking on. There's a beach down the road about five miles that we can go to if you want to do some power kiting or surf kiting or just walking. We've got horses here if you're up for riding and as it's a working farm if you want to get up at 4:30am every morning and feed some of the animals, go right ahead" she beamed resting her head on her hands.
"There are tons of forest walks around here too if ye'd prefer that or if you just want to chill out with a good book, there's a great library up at the house".

Bruin accepted the generous gift from Cyndi with a smile, quickly unwrapping it with a huge smile crossing his face. "These are great. Should help us go out with a real bang later this year!" He said with a wink just as Kat and Andy entered the room. Bruin waved to Kat and trotted over to the Bunk Bed when his sleeping arrangements were selected for him. He quickly hopped up onto the bed and bounced up and down on it to ensure it met his specifications.

Bruin turned and listened with mouth agape as Andy rhymed off all of the activities that they could try over the coming week. Did the girl even breathe when she spoke? There was no way Bruin could have listed all of those things in one fell swoop as Andy just had. "Wow, sounds great. I'm sure that I'll be up early at least one of the days!" He exclaimed, loving the idea of being around animals. "I don't know about the rest of you, but we should probably introduce ourselves to your family sooner than later, shouldn't we?" He asked, figuring it would be the polite thing to do.

Andy smiled over at Bruin who had begun to bounce on his bunk bed.
"Big kid" she muttered, when he suggested they should meet her family sooner rather than later.
"Oh and I better warn the three of you. I was talking to my Nana last night and sort of mentioned the fall from the broom incident and she now thinks the three of you are total heroes. So be prepared for major hugging and gushing of thanks."
She smiled remembering her grandmothers reaction the night before.

Cyndi smiled at Kat as she entered and joked, "Nope...you get the one with the springs sticking out." In reality, all of the beds were in great condition and she probably couldn't go wrong no matter which bed she chose. Cyndi listened to all of the things that they would be able to do here and all she could do was listen and shake her head with a small smile on her face. "I'd better get started if I'm going to do a little of everything" Cyndi said with a grin on her face.

She couldn't wait to meet Andy's family and nodded in agreement with Bruin, listening to Andy's warning of how her nana would likely treat them.

Patrick had been over on the farm helping out pretty much all morning and afternoon, giving Andromeda a chance to welcome her friends on her own. Figuring it was time to move them all along he headed back up to the Lodge. Opening the door and walking in he thought the place sounded very quiet. How many girls had she said were coming? Maybe it was the boy in the pack that was keeping the noise level down. Patrick had never known any group of girls not to be squealing and cooing over something or other.

"Hey are you lot ready?" he hollered up the stairs after hearing some murmurings.
"There's a party in your honour about to kick off".

He laughed knowing that Andromeda'a accidental spilling of the fact that her friend Bruins' birthday had been a few days ago, simply gave his family the excuse to bake a cake and throw a bigger party than what was already planned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back