The end

Luna Paramore

OOC First Name
Kelsey ^_^
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" with a Essence of Phoenix Ash
Luna was sitting under a large tree on the lawn where her and Scorpius had agreed to meet, A small box in one hand and a rose in the other. Luna put the rose out of sight because she had gotten it from Angus's big display on the way down and hadn't felt like walking all the way back up the tower to put it in her dorm. She let the cool wind hit her face as she waited, watching the lake over in the distance.

Scorpius walked down to the lawn with butterflies in his stomach and a bouquet of roses in his hand. In his other hand he had a small box which held Luna's Valentine's gift. He was looking forward to getting away from all the gloomy and angry chatter in the castle, a lot of which contained nasty rumors about his best friend Hoshi. After Jenn had unexpectedly left, Scorpius was feeling very protective of his friends, not wanting to lose any more of them. Once he spotted Luna, those thoughts quickly escaped his mind as a smile slid on his face. "Hey beautiful," he said cheekily but playfully. "Happy Valentine's day," he said, holding out the roses for her.

"Hey Scorpius." Luna chirped upon seeing her boyfriend. What had happened at the Great hall was disastrous and Luna was glad she hadn't been there to see it. She had waited until Kailey had settled into a short sleep before handing trust over to Zazuka for a bit, she felt like a b1tch but she had needed to see Angus and Scorpius too. She didn't know if Angus had been at the play or not and had been worrying like crazy. "Happy Valentines day to you too." she said giving him a kiss before looking at the roses. "Wow, they're beautiful." she said momentarily forgetting about the large, vibrant, fragrant red rose sticking out of the ground beside her.

Scorpius quickly got comfortable beside his girlfriend and returned the kiss she gave him. Although he was in a cheerful mood, he knew he had to ask. "How is your sister doing?" He had been at the play with Hoshi and Sam so therefore he had witnessed the entire thing. He had to admit it was a rather haunting thing to watch and it had made him value his friendships so much more. He just wished he was able to find Hoshi after she had ran off. Part of him was glad Luna hadn't been there because it wasn't something he wanted her to witness, though judging by the state her sister was in lately, she knew it wasn't hard to guess how horrible it had been.

Luna's eyes got a stony edge to them as she thought about her sister up in the dorms the night of the play after someone had managed to peel her away from the hospital wing entrance. "Horrible... She really loved Njord." Luna responded her voice sounding grave."Which is why, no offense to you of course I'd appreciate it if this didn't take horribly long. Kailey's asleep right now and I want to be there for her when she wakes up, I don't know how long she'll be out in the state shes in... You understand right?" she asked hoping he did laying her head against his shoulder.

Scorpius furrowed his brows in concern when she admitted Kailey was horrible. "I can't imagine the pain she must be in," he replied truthfully. He remembered when Jenn had been on the verge of losing Owen, Scorpius hadn't been able to talk to her and comfort her because he didn't know what to say, he had never lost anyone, thankfully. When Luna requested that she be there for her sister when she woke up, Scorpius nodded his head vigorously. "Of course I understand," he said with a small smile before kissing Luna's head softly on her forehead. He pulled out the small box which held the double-hearted necklace for her and handed it over. "Here you go," he said simply with a nervous smile. He knew that she already had a necklace that she wore everyday, she'd gotten it from Angus fro Christmas, it had angered him at first but he never let Luna know that, and he hoped that now he'd wear his instead, he was her boyfriend after all.

"Thanks for understanding." she said quietly as she opened the box. "It's beautiful Scorpius, Thank you." she said giving him a kiss and looking at it as the pendant layed in the palm of her hand. Her eyes got that slight far away look to them as she remembered getting the necklace from Angus that was currently around her neck. Him putting it on her and the electric current that had shivered down her spine when his fingers hit her neck. She still couldn't figure it out, and for a Ravenclaw it frustrated her but she didn't think about it anymore as she snapped back to reality.

Scorpius smiled weakly at her when she opened it and shrugged his shoulders. "I know you already have a necklace," he began as he ruffled his hair, "but now that we've been together for a while longer..." he trailed off. He had considered saying that she should trade up from the 'best friend's necklace' to the 'boyfriend's necklace' but thought it sounded a little too harsh so he bit his tongue. He took her hands in his larger ones and intertwined his fingers with hers. "Shall I?" he said, taking the necklace in his fingers, indicating that he would put it on for her.

[I'll be back in a about half an hour. :) ]

Scorpius had asked this while Luna was transitioning back from flashback fog to reality but she heard him, even if her reaction was a bit delayed. "Sure." she said giving him a smile and gathering all of her hair and laying it over one shoulder so that he didn't have to work through mounds of thick brown hair to get the necklace on her.

[Sorry for the awful post, Certain circumstances are forcing me to rush. <_<]

Scorpius smiled when she agreed and held her hair for him so he could put it on without getting all tangled in her hair. He held the necklace ends in his two hands and delicately placed his necklace over Angus' and brought the two ends together at the back. He was feeling a surge of warmth and butterflies in his stomach as he fumbled with the minuscule clasps of the necklace in his larger fingers and finally got the necklace on. He smiled and let one of his hands fall to his side while the other ran up and down her back soothingly. He saw the two chains of both his and Angus' necklace together at the nape of her neck and for some reason it bothered him. "Shouldn't you take off Angus' necklace?" he asked rather hesitantly. Her neck looked crowded now, as if the two necklaces were fighting for space and it made him feel uneasy, as if he and Angus were both fighting for space in her heart.

"Hmmm?" she asked before looking down and seeing the necklaces fighting for space. "Oh, yeah... I forget I'm wearing it sometimes." Luna said more to herself than Scorpius. The necklace had almost become a part of her, she wore it everyday without fault and didn't remember putting it on half of the time anymore. She just knew it was there, always. She reached behind her own neck and chanced a guess at the clasp and unhooked it letting one of the necklaces sink giving the other the space it had wanted momentarily before realizing she had undone the wrong clasp. "Crap, sorry... The clasps are about the same size." she said quickly hooking it back up as quickly as she could and slowly unhooking Angus's wanting to get it right this time. The necklace now layed in her palm and her neck felt a bit cold from the new metal touching it, it hadn't gotten used to her skin yet obviously.

Scorpius watched Luna reach behind her neck and saw his necklace slip as if she had unclasped it but figured she had probably gotten the wrong clasp. He smiled, almost triumphantly, as his necklace was now the only one hanging around her neck and Angus' was now in her hands. "I hope Angus isn't too disappointed that you'll be wearing that necklace now," Scorpius said, his tone held a bit of smugness, but he hoped Luna hadn't noticed. The last thing they needed now was yet another argument over his jealousy issues.

Something about the tone of his voice put Luna off a bit. It sounded like that statement was a victory of something. Maybe a victory over the oh so fictional rivalry he seems to have with Angus? If that's it I swear to god... Everything he does has to be a competition between them, and Angus doesn't even like me like that! she thought. Part of her wondered if he had only gotten her the necklace to see if she would take the other one off. But she pushed that thought away, certainly he wouldn't go to that. "I don't think he would be..." she said realizing a bit of her frustration had leaked out into her voice on accident.

Scorpius thought he heard some frustration in Luna's voice which in turn made him get frustrated. Honestly how can she not see how obvious it is that Angus likes her?!, he thought sarcastically. He restrained himself from rolling his grey eyes at his thought and instead said, "Good," a little too aggressively when she said Angus wouldn't be disappointed.

Luna heard the aggression in his voice and her emerald eyes narrowed into slits. She felt yet another fight over her and Angus looming in the horizon and she wasn't liking that at all. She took a few deep breaths through her nose trying to calm down and not say something she would regret later. "Good." she parroted, her voice taking a bit of a hiss to it. This was the worst time for them to be fighting.

Scorpius sighed frustratedly when he noticed the same frustration in her voice a lot stronger this time. He knew this was definitely not the time to be arguing because it was Valentines day, and most importantly, the dead of the Hufflepuff student deeply affected Luna's sister so Luna was in a delicate situation as well. "I'm sorry," he muttered as he so often did. Before he could stop himself he blurted out, "It's just..after the Yule Ball, I can't help but wonder if Angus likes you as more than a friend." He ruffled his hair in annoyance for not stopping himself from saying it and it was a conversation they had many times before, but the way Angus was looking at Luna at the Yule Ball was still painfully fresh in his mind so he felt like this time he had more reason to believe he wasn't entirely wrong or acting jealous for no reason.

The Yule ball, she knew what he was talking about. Before she knew what was happening she was wrapped up in another memory. Angus had just saved her from an embarrassing fall and they had landed in a dip. Two pairs of deep emerald orbs locked in on one another, electric energy running strong though neither of them could place it. The familiar far off look in her eyes was masked by something stronger, they danced and sparked like fireworks as she remembered this though she of course couldn't realize how her eyes were, as she would later find out, betraying but freeing her. "and So it comes to this again..." she said her voice slightly weary once she had shaken herself out of her memory.

Perhaps it was because he was being acutely aware of Luna's facial expressions as he brought up Angus, but Scorpius immediately noticed how her eyes glazed over as soon as she recalled the memory. Obviously they were both thinking of the same memory, yet their expressions were two contrasting ones. Scorpius' grey eyes flashed in jealousy and his brows were furrowed together, while her green eyes were glazed over in happiness which only made him angrier.

He heard her sighed expression and rolled his eyes. "Honestly Luna you're a smart girl, please tell me you can't see how obvious it is?" he said in annoyance. "If I didn't know any better I'd say it's as if you were making yourself oblivious to it," he added. He had said it before thinking it through, and after it was out in the open like that, he came to another realization. Holy crap, I am an idiot. She likes Angus too! She has gotten mad at me for bringing it up every time because she's in denial about her feelings! Scorpius ruffled his hair as many more similar thoughts ran through his mind so quickly he felt he was going to be dizzy.

Luna opened her mouth ready to give her response to his question for what seemed like the millionth time when he said something that threw her way off course. Her eyes narrowed dangerously at him and darkened from emerald to an angry forest green. "And what exactly is that supposed to mean Scorpius?" she growled If I liked Angus, I wouldn't be dating you Scorpius! she thought, It wasn't so much the actual accusation as what layed behind it that got to her. As though she had just been stringing him along like some sort of cold hearted b1tch, both accusations were completely false.

Scorpius sighed in frustration at Luna's question. What exactly did that mean? He had just sort of accused Luna of liking Angus, yet he didn't want to actually say it out loud because it hurt him. First Jenn's unexpected departure, the constant bullying Hoshi was receiving and he as well for sticking by her, now this. Now to figure out that his girlfriend liked the one guy she had assured him wouldn't be a threat to him.

He thought of how he had danced with Jenn at the Yule Ball just to distract himself from punching Angus' lights out and the conversation he and Luna had had after the dance. He of course, had been secretly boiling with jealousy yet Luna hadn't noticed, and when he thought she'd get jealous over him dancing with Jenn, he didn't get the response he wanted. She seemed so nonchalant about the whole thing. He had always thought that he liked her more than she liked him, but remembering that just made him so much angrier now. He couldn't stop himself from being angry right now, he had been holding this all in since the Yule Ball. "I think I mean that maybe you've liked him all along too!" he said, his voice unnoticably getting louder with anger and annoyance.

The words rang in Luna's head over and over again, her face reddening rapidly as her anger skyrocketed. The necklace in her hand dug into her skin as she tried to clench her hand into a fist and she layed it on the ground beside her next to the rose Angus had given her still out of sight as she didn't want anything to happen to it. "I have never, nor now do I like Angus that way Knight!" she yelled before she could stop herself "Do you really think I'm that big of a b1tch? To lead one guy on while liking another! No, don't answer that. I already know what you're going to say and I don't want to hear a damn word of it!" she ended with a hiss, something inside her had snapped.

Scorpius knew that as soon as she called him Knight, it was serious. Normally he would've backed away from Luna as she got angry and yelled at him, but he couldn't help but stay firm on his accusation. Even though she told him not to answer, he still yelled back, "No! Of course I don't think you're a b1tch Luna!" That was not what he had been saying at all. "Stop twisting my words!" he yelled angrily. "Did you ever stop to think that maybe you could like both of us?!" he asked her as he stood up and crossed his arms angrily over his chest and looked away from her glare. "And that maybe you like Angus a little more than you should," he added through gritted teeth.

He balled his hands into fists and turned around to look at her before she could begin to say that she didn't like Angus. "Open up your pretty green eyes and notice what's right in front of you!" he yelled at her, louder than he had yelled so far. "You've always preferred to be with him than me," he said softer, a hint of pain in his voice.

As Scorpius stood up Luna did too, refusing to be below his level in this fight, leaving the bright red rose now in plain sight. Every time she opened her mouth to give a counter argument he cut her off. "You've always preferred to be with him than me," These words cut through her more than any of his yelling had because she knew that that much was true. Her and Scorpius were always fighting and when she found Angus she felt happy, at ease, whole. Like she didn't have a care in the world. Despite the situation at hand her memories carried her away once more.

Even from the main beginning the two of them had clicked well, getting lost in a conversation between the two of them, shutting the rest of the world out even though they had only just met. All through her time at Beauxbatons he had been the only person she felt a desire to see again, she hadn't had much of a chance to make friends before going to Beauxbatons but Angus had always stuck out in her memory. When she had decided to go back to HNZ she had expected to talk to him some, but nothing like what had happened.

She had been walking along the lake on her first day back and she had ran into Angus on the lakefront. It had been almost as though they had never been away from each other, joking and laughing like she had been there all year. It was thanks to this incident that she met Scorpius, not that she had payed too much mind to him until later on as she was more focused on getting to the pitch on time. This was about the last peaceful memory she had that involved all three of them.

Her memories carried her from that to the garden, the beginning of the relationships long downward spiral. He had been trying to keep it a secret, something that had broken her trust in him. He never fully regained it back and Angus had really helped her though now she wished that she hadn't found him on the lakefront and vented. Maybe they'd all be happier right now. After that there were several more fights between the two of them and times with Angus she liked to remember. Such as their late night kitchen adventure. Her face turned pink as she remembered a certain part of that particular memory.

But before she could go any further on her train of thought she pulled herself out of it. Now I'm seeing things that arent there! she thought as she had odd thoughts about that particular happening. She scrunched her eyes closed and rubbed her temples. "Damn it Knight quit messing with my head!" she exclaimed getting all of those thoughts out of her mind. She didn't like Angus that way, it would mess up everything.

Scorpius noticed how long she took in replying to him, she was doing what he had told her to do, noticing everything that had always been there, the chemistry the pair of best friends had always had whether they wanted to admit it or not. As much as he wanted her to immediately negate his accusation, he knew her pause said everything and he couldn't help but get a sinking feeling in his stomach.

He almost wanted to laugh when she tried to regain her anger and yell at him, accusing him of messing with her head. "No Luna," he said softly shaking his head as if in defeat. "Can't you see how your denial is an obvious indication that you do like him?" he said through a frustrated sigh. Why were girls so difficult to convince when it came to guys? Scorpius knew that Angus liked Luna, even if Angus didn't yet know himself, and the same for Luna.

He kicked a nearby tree in frustration, which caused pain to shoot through his foot and up his leg. He grunted in pain and gritted his teeth as he endured the physical pain. He looked over out into the distance, too angry, or hurt most likely, to say anything. His brows furrowed together above his cold grey eyes as he spotted the lakefront in the distance. He remembered after his stupid attempt at keeping their relationship a secret, everything had blown up in his face in the gardens and Luna had stormed off. After Scorpius had gone in search of her, he finally found her, in Angus' arms much to his displeasure, and his heart twisted painfully as he remembered that horrible feeling that overcame him at the lake. He was so convinced that Angus had convinced Luna into breaking up with him, and all he remembered was how horrible he felt about being so close to losing her.

The pain was doubled this time around, since he had to be the one to point it out to her that she liked him. What was he doing telling her that anyway? It wasn't going to do their relationship any good. Angus had always been in their relationship, down to the way they met. Now it seemed he'd be the reason it was going to end. Why am I wasting my time? he thought angrily. He quickly let his anger subside as he stated, "Luna, I think I've had enough." He was done with all the fighting, all the jealousy, which he knew he had good reason for, and all the pain it was inevitably causing him. He continued to stare out into the distance as he waited for a response from her, he wanted to know how she'd interpret his words.

Luna let out a sigh, There was no convincing him of the truth this time. "Well... I suppose if you feel that way then we should go our separate ways Scorpius." she said reaching behind her neck and unhooking the necklace from her neck. Putting Angus's back on where it settled right over her heart. She layed the other necklace in his hand. Picked up the rose Angus had given her, clenching it tightly into her fist. "Just send me an owl if you want the books you gave me for Christmas back... You can keep the shirt if you want to." she said, her eyes stony. Refusing to let him see the pain painted in her eyes before turning around and heading towards the lakefront, her angry slowly seeping out as she distanced herself from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back