Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
too young to care
Wand
Curly 11" Flexible Cypress Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Leo knew that after this the only Hogwarts celebration he would have was graduation. It did absolutely make this moment a little bittersweet. Hogwarts dances had never been wholy simple for him. But he had always enjoyed the idea of them, and there was something freeing to being at one solo, to not worrying about whether or not he had to get a date. Just trying to have a good time, largely boiling down to enjoying snacks. This felt important, a marker for his life beyond school, where he still wasn't certain what he wanted. But he had no drink, was stood near to the dance floor, moving a little to the music, almost daring himself to step out on to it and finally start dancing.

Sky was enjoying her date. it was Valentine's Day, and she had recently realised that she really loved Ngawaiata, despite, or maybe because of, how different they were. They were enjoying themselves dancing on the dance floor when sky saw one of her best friends standing on his own on the side of the floor. She kept her eye on him for a few moments making sure that he was as alone as he looked and his date wasn't just getting a refill of drink or something before she leaned into her girlfriend "Would you mind terribly if I have the next dance with Leo? it's our last event, and we have gone to so many together, and he looks like he is on his own," she asked. There were very few people whom she would ask that for on a date night, but Leo was special. While there was never anything romantic between them, he was important to her, and they had been good friends ever since the first year when they had both been outcasts on the castle tour and then shown up to Halloween without a costume. She was glad that her girlfriend said it was okay.
As the song drew to a close, she went over to her friend. "Good Evening, Leonardo, Would you do me the honour of a dance?" She asked as the next song started playing, and she was glad it was not so slow or romantic.

Leo had been hovering a while, trying to build whatever courage he needed to be able to just step out and dance. He was saved from it as his closest and perhaps only friend at the school approached him. "Evening Harmony," he greeted with as much of a smile as one could generally get out of Leo. "Yes please," he nodded, keen to dance at least once, and appreciating Harmony's offer. "Can you call me Leo, instead of Leonardo?" he asked as the song started up and he was trying to figure out how to even stand to dance.

Sky smiled as Leo greeted her. and agreed to dance with her. she held out her hand. "Come on then", she said as the layers started to add to the song. "this is a good one." she said feeling the texture of the room change with the beat as she started to dance. she paused as he asked her to call him Leo. it wouldn't be a lie for her to say she was a little surprised. They had always had a mock semi-formal thing between them. He called her Harmony. She called him Leonardo. he was the only person who called her that, even her grandparents used sky, or Niamh. "Oh, um sure. sorry." she said "I will call you Leo. so long as you call me..." She cut that sentence short before the last word attached to it. sky. She actually quite liked him calling her Harmony, even if it wasn't her name any more. "So long as you call me out if I get it wrong" she said, correcting the sentence

Leo hesitated for a moment before he took her hand. It felt comfortable, like he always felt with Harmony. She was the person he cared about most in the world, beside his adoptive family. He tried to mimic the way she was dacing. "It's okay, it's pretty recent," he told her, trying to assure her quickly, and he wanted her to not feel bad about it, and wasn't sure whether to explain. "It's okay," he was sure that he wouldn't mind her getting it wrong, and doubted that she ever would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back