The Drage Family Holiday Celebrations

Sumner's head jerked up and he freaked out; rolling off Lily, he misjudged and landed on the floor with a loud twump! Jumping to his feet, he smoothed down his clothes and hurriedly helped Lily from the bed. "Hurry," he hissed, gesturing to her pants. He ran his hands through his hair then glanced over and caught the look on Lily's face and began grinning.

As soon as she heard Julie's voice, Lily freaked out. She couldn't help but laugh though as Sumner fell off the bed on the floor. "Smooth move," she said, as he helped her from the bed. Moving closer to him, she helped him straighten his sweater out, rubbing it down in particular places. Leaving her pants unbuttoned, she reached up and brushed his lips with hers. "I don't need to hurry. Julie called for you, not me." She smirked at him, then stepped back. "I'm going to stay for a few minutes and change. I really didn't plan on wearing this all night." She winked at him, then pushed him towards the door. "Get going before she comes up here!"

A violent, emerald flame burst inside the fireplace of the living room. The first to arrive was Estrella, a young witch with a swollen belly. She was lucky to keep her balance and stepped onto the carpet. She'd dragged a good deal of ash with her. Hacking and sputtering, she spun back around, watching for Jaken. He would be here any moment now (if things went well.) The woman knew that her husband hated the Floo Network, but getting a little bit banged up was better than splinching their unborn child. Estrella raked her fingers through her hair and waited patiently. She was more than a bit nervous- this was her first time being around the whole family, married and pregnant and all- and she could only hope it would go well.

Jaken stepped out of the fireplace with a bit of soot gathered out of him. Without a second thought, he cleaned himself off with his wand. He took his wand and did the same with Estrella. He hated floo travel with a passion, but it was necessary. Jaken did not want anything to happen to his baby, and he was becoming quite attached to being called 'dad' one day. Though he was young, that still meant nothing. Jaken sighed and he murmured to Estrella, "I hate fireplaces."

Sumner stumbled out into the hallway as though shoved, the door slamming behind him. Chuckling, his hands slid into his pockets and he whistled a happy christmas tune. He met Julie on the stairs and threw a friendly arm around her shoulders. "Need any help?" Ever since he'd arrived there, his stepmum had been so kind, so inviting, that he'd come to falling in love with her already. He wished, in the night before he succumbed to sleep, that he could have been so lucky to have her be his real mum.

Julie narrowed her eyes at Sumner. She had a feeling she was right on target with her assumption, but did not vocalize what she was thinking since she heard activity coming from the living room fireplace. "Yes I do. You can help Luke taking their luggage to their rooms. They are staying downstairs. Thanks!" Hurrying off to the living room, she smiled as she saw that Estrella and Jaken had arrived. "Twink! Glad to see you made it!" she said happily, moving to give her stepdaughter a hug. It was a bit awkward because of their stomachs, but they managed to make it work.

"I know you do," Estrella responded softly, her smile apologetic. Though she preferred apparating, she wasn't about to take any risks. She gifts piled beneath a towering Christmas tree. Julie and Tristan had really outdone themselves. The young witch added the presents she had brought to the pile, encouraging her husband to do the same. His family didn't celebrate the Holidays. Just as that practice was completely alien to her, this had to be alien to him. "Let's go find someone, shall we?"

Not a moment after the last word had escaped her mouth did her stepmother enter the room. She could only smile wryly at the old nickname. It was insane thinking that she'd been dubbed with that name at an age not much older than her own child was. "Yeah, well, it wasn't too horrible. We survived." She smirked at Jaken. "Although, don't ever let my dad convince you to travel by Floo. It sucks." Having no idea whatsoever how to navigate this house, she asked, "You, uh, need any help in the kitchen?" At this point Estrella was a human garbage disposal, always yearning for more to gobble up.

"Sure, but I think there is someone upstairs you might just be interested in seeing," Julie said cryptically, wondering if Estrella would have realized that her friend was there already. "Oh, and I already have done the floo thing. Not a fan. I would much rather apparate or just drive places." She moved over to give her son in law a hug as well. "Welcome Jaken. Glad you were able to make it." She smiled at him, then moved to lead the couple through the house. "Luke, Maggie and Carl are here. They are downstairs getting settled. Your father is with your siblings in the play room downstairs. Come on. I will show you around the place."

Carl was going crazy trying to get everything situated. He was still sore from the long ride here, stretching his arms and legs at every opportunity. He snatched a wayward present from one of the suitcases, escaping the basement with his ticket of passage. It took him a while to find the living room (he'd only been here for a an hour or so after all) but eventually he did. The man was still unnerved by the fact that he was staying in this house. Hell, everything unnerved him these days. The magical world made his head hurt like no other.

He was normally unfazed by surprises and the unfamiliar, though an exception was made as he finally discovered the living room. There was the tree, the pile of presents growing every time he saw it. And there was his niece, sporting a baby bump and another youth at her side. He'd missed out on a lot. The muggle was surprisingly passive, considering the situation. With a warm, tired smile, he could only say, "Hey."

"Lily's here?" Estrella exclaimed. She hadn't seen her friend since the summer, and she missed her more than ever. Oh, wouldn't her former roommate be surprised to see her now. The pregnant witch was definitely not one who would've made it back on the Quidditch team. Part of her was saddened that she wouldn't immediately visit the kitchen; her stomach continued in protest. She moved to follow her stepmother, curious to see the rest of the house. Her jaw dropped when Julie told her who was here. "Really?! Dear Merlin..." She didn't even have time to storm up excuses before her uncle entered the room. Instead of staring back at him, she immediately moved forward to embrace the man that had raised her. It wasn't much of apology, but hopefully it would be enough reparation for now. "Hey."

After a few moments, she pulled away. They would talk later. "Um, there's someone I'd like you to meet." She turned to Jaken, smiling at him. "Jaken, meet Carl, my uncle." She took a deep breath before continuing, "Carl, meet Jaken, my husband."

Nastasia was a bundle of nerves, she had been asked to do many things since she became carer for her cousin's children but bringing Christian to his 'other' family for the holidays was in her eyes unprecedented. Thorine was quite happy for him to spend the Yule Tide festivities among muggles, half bloods and purebloods which had flabbergasted everyone. It didn't matter of course to Nassie but knowing that Thorine never did anything unless there was something in it for her, made Nassie extremely suspicious.

She smiled down at her charge, who had insisted on dressing up for the occasion. Bending down to smoothen his unruly hair a little she beamed at him. Christian was such a pleasure to mind, such an absolute joy. He was thrilled to be coming to see Estrella again and though he could not really remember his father, he knew at least what the man looked like. Thorine in all her wisdom had described him in detail to Nastasia who had in turn first sketched and then painted a small miniature for Christian to have. This he kept by his bed side and told stories to the man every night before falling asleep.

Christian had often seen the portraits in the gallery move and could not understand then why the one of his father didn't. Nastasia had such a hard time explaining that she was not magical so this particular picture would most likely never move and Thorine refused to charm it for her own reasons. They had been transported by the floo network to a certain point and then had to rely on manual means, muggle means in order to get to the Bennet-Drage household. Nastasia looked up at the door before turning once more to Christian.

"Now do be yourself ok, they will absolutely love you if you are simply yourself" she kissed his cheek then chuckling gently rubbed the lipstick stain free.
"You have all the pictures you drew?" she asked him before standing up and knocking at the door of the house. She felt like an absolute intruder here, she was neither family or friend only Christians nanny and with orders to stay very close to him, Nastasia knew this was going to be a long and very awkward visit.

Christian smiled as Nassie smiled at him, he loved his Nassie. She had taught him different things compared to Goia and his mother. She had shown him how to catch a fish, to skim a stone which he hadn't quite gotten yet, how to dance which so far everyone only laughed and told him was a wiggling fit, she had taught him how to draw and how to paint. He was not nearly as good as she was but he loved the things he drew, he had done a special drawing for Estrella and for his Daddy and because he had a wife and other children he did pictures for them too.

Nastasia had gone to a lot of trouble to put frames on each picture for him because she couldn't do magic like his mother could or even Goia for that matter. He had brought along his own wand, a small rubber like replica, just incase he had to protect himself or Nassie for any reason. Goia had been trying to teach him how to say the 'protego' spell and he was nearly there, he really was but why everyone laughed when he did his swish and flick announcing 'potato' was beyond him.

He nodded his head as Nassie kissed him then rubbed his face a little with her thumb.
"I will be the bestest boy" he assured her puffing up his little chest, he had chosen to wear his magic man's costume today, a gift from Nastasia and one he could only wear when his mother wasn't around, reaching his little hand up to hold hers stood confidently beside her. As soon as she knocked on the door though he began to move ever so slowly behind her, so that by the time the door did open he was peeping out from behind her legs.

Sumner playfully kissed the top of Julie's head. "No problem." He went and did what she'd asked of him, hearing the arrival of more people. Coming back into the room, he knew it was filled but didn't think that that many people would be showing. His dad had said even more would be coming there for Christmas. He'd never been around so many people for Christmas before; growing up it'd always been the four of them. He stood by the tree, trying not to get in anyone's way.

Estrella grinned, relieved that Carl and Jaken weren't at odds. She would have a lot to explain to her uncle, but they had the whole day to catch up. She peered at the young male who had just entered the room. He was someone she knew, a fellow Ravenclaw and Falmouth Falcons fan at that. "Sumner!" she exclaimed, leaning into Jaken, "I didn't know Lily was dragging you along! I would've grabbed you something for Christmas too!"

Lily could not stop smiling. Seeing Sumner was more exciting than she even could have dreamed -- and for some reason he had been a fixture in her dreams since heading to her apartment. She was still confused over why, but right now, that was farthest from her mind. She wanted to see the man that would be downstairs, even if they weren't able to hang out exactly how they wanted to. Putting her earrings on, she straightened her sweater over her dress pants and slipped her feet into her heels before turning and heading back out the door. She could hear more voices downstairs and one in particular that she recognized. Running down the carpeted steps, she rounded into the living room and ran right at her former roommate. "Estrella!" she yelled as she attacked her friend from behind, not yet seeing the surprise that she had coming.

Julie smiled as she watched the family mingling in the living room. Hearing another arrival at the door, she moved quickly to answer it. As she opened it, she couldn't help but smile. There was who she assumed must be Christian, dressed in a Superman costume, along with his nanny. "Hi. Now you must be Christian, am I right?" she asked with a smile on her face. She could see Tristan's features in the little face before her. Even she had to admit he was a beautiful child. Julie could only hope that the boy she was carrying was just as adorable -- if not more so.

He looked at the lady who opened the door and peeked his head out a bit more with a shy smile. He held his other hand out to her and nodded his head.
"I am" he told her trying to be the brave little man that Nastasia was always telling him to be. It took no time at all for him to creep out completely and looking up at Nassie he smiled again as he let her hand go and turned back to the lady.

"I am for Trella" he beamed at her then held out some of his costume to show her, "magic man I can fly".

Julie couldn't help but giggle at the little boy in front of her. "Well, Magic Man, why don't you two fly on in here. Trella is in the living room and I am sure she would be glad to see you. I'm Julie," she said, introducing herself to both her stepson and his nanny. Moving back, she waved them inside. "Do you have any luggage you need help with?" she asked genuinely of the nanny, not quite sure what to expect of her yet.

Nastasia smiled at the woman before letting go of Christians hand to turn to get the bags. It was times like this she missed the house elf Goia who would simply have clicked his fingers or something.
"Oh, I can manage. I am Nastasia" she smiled politely hoping that she was not going to get in any ones way, "if you need for me to help in any way please just ask."

She entered directly after Christian carrying two of the large bags and trying to haul the wheeled trunk in. A simple spell would have been great on these but they were in the muggle world now and Nastasia was amazed at how she had come to rely on other peoples magic over the last few months.
"Thank you for welcoming us to your home".

Jaken put one arm around Estrella's waist, smiling at her family and introducing himself when needed. However, he heard a yell, and he quickly turned around, just to see Lily attack Estrella. Jaken bit his lip, hoping nothing would go wrong at all. Like, Estrella falling, so Jaken readied himself if possible. He murmured, "Such a loving family, and such odd occasion to be gathered at." Jaken did not mind, for he was enjoying himself. However, he couldn't shake the feeling of uneasiness around him. It had yet to occur to him that he was amongst muggles, the type of people Kalif made sure that he never associated Jaken with.

The little boy heard where his sister was and began to bob up and down wanting to run directly to her. He waited a moment though and when the pretty lady said her name he tugged on her pants leg until she took notice of him.
"Your name is purty lady" he smiled and then thinking he had been polite enough he ran inside, "Trella! Trella I is here now. Trella where are you?" he hollered running around looking for her.

Sumner nodded and smiled at his former teammate, his new sister. Then her words puzzled him. Oh. Nobody had bothered to tell her. Why? His eyes flicked to Julie, busy with new guests, then looked for his dad before resting on Estrella again. Disappointment hit him hard, but he managed a smile for her anyway. "Hey Estrella." He didn't say anything further, as Lily had come up to glomp her friend. He faded into the background.

Erik was beyond annoyed. No one had given him his presents yet! He wished everyone would get here so he could tear into the packages under the tree. Constantly running, he was bouncing off the walls trying to find someone to complain to. He did not see the little blond boy as he smacked right into him, both of them tumbling to the floor. "Hey! Who are you?" he shouted. This kid he definitely did not recognize. Maybe he had come over to play?

Christian fell with a thud to the floor and wondered at first why Goia or Nastasia did not run directly to pick him up or levitate him from the floor. He looked about him at first not taking any notice of the boy but waiting for the grown up to appear. A grown up always appeared but none came now. A slow smile spread across his face as he rolled over onto his knees to help pick himself up from the ground. His bottom hurt a little but that was all. No damage had been done. He looked at the bigger boy in front of him and giggled.

"I am Twistran" he grinned, was this the other small boy that he had been told about? He must be. Christian had only ever played with adults and the house elves so this was great that finally he would get to play with another little boy.
"I lookin fur Trella. What ur num?" he wanted to jump up and down now and call Goia to show him someone that was about the same size as Goia was. This thrilled Christian even more.
"Can you fly?" he showed him his costume with a big grin, "I'm de magic man".

Another giggle as he looked at the other boy.

Julie looked at her stepson with a bright smile. He sure was a charmer like his father. "Why thank you Magic Man, I like that name." Watching him bounce into the house, she turned to Nastasia. "You are certainly welcome. We are glad to have Christian and you here for the holiday." She was glad that the nanny that was sent was seemingly normal. She was afraid of some sort of random magical being coming along with the child, or worse, his mother.

Looking around, Julie finally found one of the young men she was looking for. "Luke, please help Nastasia with their luggage. They will be staying upstairs, the room at the end of the hall." Giving the pair a smile, she headed into the living room to see to the activities there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back