The Drage Family Holiday Celebrations

"Twistran?" Erik asked quizzically, wondering why the other boy's name was so weird. He shrugged his shoulders. Beaming at the kid, he rose to his feet, brushing off his trousers. "I'm Erik." He glanced toward the living room, almost glaring. He pointed. "Everybody's in there, but they won't give me any presents!" He stomped on the floor to show his frustration.

At the mention of flying, Erik's jaw dropped. "I can fly too! 'Cept if I use the big broomstick, Daddy has to be with me. And he won't take me flying today!" The dark haired boy was at the point of throwing a tantrum. He made his way to the living room on stubby legs, knowing that the other boy would follow. Upon seeing his sister, he yelled, "Hey, you're fat like Mommy!"

Estrella let out an oof as her friend hugged her from the back. "Lily!" She turned around, hugging her friend back tightly. The eighteen year old wondered when Lily would notice her current state. "Did you make it here okay? Luke didn't harass you too much, did he?" She glanced to Jaken, trying to be encouraging. He didn't really know anyone here. So many people were talking at once that her head was already starting to spin. She grinned at Sumner, raising an eyebrow when she heard a tiny voice hollering her name. Could that be Christian?

Turning to an Erik that had grown a good few inches since she had last seen him, she stated, appalled, "We are NOT fat!"

Nastasia thanked Julie once more with a small smile already too embarrassed to call Christian back as he raced on ahead. She was grateful to be shown to their room and making sure she had all the bags, cast a loving glance at her charge before turning to face the man who was to show her to their room.

"Thank you" she would kick herself later for repeating this like a fool but she didn't know what else to say.

"I got you a presunt" Christian informed Erik, it wasn't much but he had spent a lot of time on it. He ran to Nassie and tugged on his small bag removing some packages. He would ask Nassie to put the others under the tree but he could give Erik his one and then he heard her voice, hurriedly he pulled hers out too.

"Trella!" he beamed running to her and holding up the wrapped package then turned to Erik to give him his one. His brain was typically hectic not keeping track of everything around him or everything that was being said. Already he felt like his little head would explode. He smiled and clapped his hands.

"Open it open it" he grinned holding out his hands to his Estrella for a big hug, he had waited for ages for that, "Nassie helped me with dum".

2vjyiqb.jpg

picture of Goia

2hfuu7b.jpg

Estrella and Christian

Lily was shocked to say the least when Estrella turned around. Before she could open her mouth, Erik came running in and called his sister fat like his mommy. "No way. I cannot believe you didn't tell me you jerk!" she said laughing. "Man I miss you at school. Our room just is not the same without you. We need to chat later when things calm down." Nodding and giving her a look that said she meant business, she moved quickly over to Jaken and gave him a hug as well. Estrella's brother and another little boy were trying to get Estrella's attention so she let them at her. "Congratulations!" she said to the soon to be father, then took a step back. She moved over to Sumner. "You okay?" she asked quietly, wondering what happened to make him withdraw from the group.

Sumner was snickering at the antics of the little kids, then looking away. He missed Avery. He bit his lip, wishing he knew of a way he could fade away from the loud crowd, hide away in his room. Or go outside for a walk, even if the ground was covered with snow and it was colder than Hades outside. Lily came to his side. He rubbed the back of her neck, trying to muster his courage. "Yeah. I'll be fine. Just so new, y'know?" he murmured low, for her ears only. He didn't know if it reached anyone else. "Lose a teammate and she swallows a quaffle," he smirked good naturedly. He didn't bring up that she didn't know about them being related.

Lily smiled at Sumner. She could tell he was overwhelmed with all of this. It was nothing new to Lily, having tagged along with Josh and Blake numerous times to these gatherings. Then it hit her. Blake. He may show up with Josh at any moment. When she had accepted the invitation, she never thought about the fact that Blake, Sumner and her might all be in one small, well rather large, house. Together. "Hey, I'm here if you need anything. You know that," she said, looking up at his pale eyes. Her blue eyes softened as they met his, her smile more genuine.

Turning her eyes back to her former roommate and closest friend outside of Sumner, she couldn't help but laugh. "So that's what she did with the last quaffle she saved. NOW I get it." She elbowed Sumner lightly in the stomach for his crack, then smirked at him, sticking her tongue out at him just the tiniest bit.

Sumner laughed softly, moving over good naturedly as she elbowed him. "Yeah I know." And he did know; they were always here for each other. He moved closer to her, about to fling an arm around her shoulders and kiss her cheek but then stopped and crossed his arms over his chest.

A present? Erik's eyes were shiny galleons as Christian pulled out a wrapped package, all for him. His patience was nonexistent; he was going to get to it before his mom could say 'No.' He squealed in glee and held up his gift. It was a picture of something he didn't recognize, but it was a present all the same. He hugged the other boy tightly, saying "Thank you!" as he clutched the piece of paper.

He decided to push his luck. The dark haired boy moved to Lily and Sumner, tugging at the older boy's shirt. "Hey, big brother. Take me flying," he paused for a few moments, "Please?" He was getting much too heavy for his toy broomstick, and the only way he could fly these days was if his dad took him.

This Christmas Eve promised to be more than hectic. "I told you there was a surprise!" Estrella stuck her tongue out at Lily and nodded; they would have to have some girl time later. Whether or not they'd be able to get that in this madhouse, she couldn't be sure. Were Lily and Sumner an item now? They sure looked it. She'd have to ask about that too. Hell, they had too much to talk about.

Her features brightened as her youngest brother toddled into the room. She was lucky to have bonded with her brother the last time she saw him; she'd spent a night at the Dolohov household, passed out for a good part of it on her little brother's bedroom floor. "Christian!" she exclaimed in greeting, beaming. "A gift for me?" Estrella bent down, feeling as if a bowling ball was strapped to her midsection. She unwrapped the present that the little boy handed to her. She could only grin at the likeness of herself and her brother, holding hands amongst a pair of pink flowers.

"My word Christian, you did a beautiful job! You're such a little artist! Thank you!" She wrapped her arms around her little brother, pecking him on the cheek. Picking him up was no easy feat. Not only had he packed on a few pounds since she had last seen him, she had too. She let out another oof as she struggled to stand. She'd let the boy wander off soon enough, but she figured he wouldn't mind being held for a short time.

She couldn't help hearing Erik's outburst to Sumner; his voice carried. "Brother?" she asked meekly, hunting out an explanation from someone in the room. When no one challenged her statement, she paled. "Oh." She suddenly didn't feel so good anymore. Her smile strained, she said, "Christian, I'm going to have to leave you for a moment. Here, meet Jaken. Jaken, this is Christian." She thrust her little brother into her husband's arms; it was a bit sudden but the latter would have to get used to toting kids around anyway. With that, she waddled out off the living room, seeking out the nearest trash bin. Or the toilet, whichever was closer.

No matter how she tried to water it down, she'd been kissed by her brother. On the lips. Twice. Maybe if she hadn't been pregnant she would've reacted well, but now all she could do was dispose of her breakfast. And that she did, filling a steel wastebasket with that morning's kippers, toast and orange juice. What a lovely start.

~~Late Christmas Morning~~

Paper wrapping was everywhere. It lounged on the furniture, gathered soot in the fireplace, and decorated the Christmas tree. It also served as bedding for three tiny kids- Eliza, Erik and Christian- who had conked just as soon as they'd examined everything Santa Claus had brought them, clutching their toys and dreaming sweet dreams. No one had had the heart to move them. Most of the older visitors and occupants had gone back to bed or went to lounge in their rooms, after being dragged out in the wee hours of the morning.

Not Tristan, however. He was a light sleeper; once he was woken up, he was up until the next day. There were no afternoon naps for him. He was out on the porch for a smoke, this time wearing a coat and hat. It was strange, having all of his kids under one roof. Evan, Erik, Eliza, Estrella, Sumner, Christian. All with different personalities and varying backgrounds, but his children all the same. Having them all together in one place was impossibility turning over to its cousin, reality.

His cigar didn't last forever, and neither did his patience. Leaving the thing to freeze in an old tin can, he stepped into the house. The smell of Christmas dinner was killing him. Though he whined and pleaded with his wife, he hadn't been allowed to touch anything. Leaving his coat to dry on a hook, he trudged up the stairs.

As soon as he reached the top, he forgot what he had wanted to grab. All the doors upstairs were closed, those beyond either sleeping or not wanting to be bothered. Bad thing was, Tristan was bored, and the ailments of this disease drove him to behave very much like his five year old son.

Grudges hit often and left little for the middle aged wizard. Though he'd been reasonably polite to his daughter and
son-in-law during their stay, he was still angry with and about them. Approaching the room they were staying in, he debated on what to do. Too bad the kids were all sleeping. He settled on a jinx. The door began to jar violently, threatening to rip itself off of its hinges. He was quick down the stairs, leaving the thing rattling and thrashing behind him.

Smirking mischievously, he swept into the kitchen, where Julie had just pulled out the Christmas ham. His mouth was already sopping with saliva. In one swift motion he spun her about, careful not to cinch her midsection too tightly. "Happy Christmas, beautiful." He kissed his wife full on the lips, all the while reaching for the the hunk of meat that called out his name from the counter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back