The Children's Home

Christina Le Fevre

Christina missed her mother.
Her father had dissapeared after Veronique's death.
Now Christina was stuck in a children's home. She in the window on the third floor of the children's home.
She had none of her posessions except the doll she had recieved one birthday.
Christina sighed as she thought about her parents.
It was dark and the capital of France was wide awake.
She watched the sparkling lights outside, she watched drunk men stumble past the large conrete building she called home.
She watched as young french men with cans of spray paint defaced the buildings. She listened to the eternal silence.
She hadn't asked for this life so why was it like this?

Christina sat curled up on the large window, thinking.
The truth was she knew there was something strange about her.
She knew that her mother had kept something from her.
But all she knew for certain was that her mother had owned a dress shop which had gone out of business.

Christina was up for adoption. But for some reason, nobody seemed to want her.
Someone was due to be looking round the home the next day and Christina had scrubbed herself clean until she was sure there wasn't a speck of dirt on her.
They were supposed to look good for the visitors.

Lucy was taking one last trip to France before going back to New Zealand for school. She had missed France so much that she was getting sick. Lucy decided she wanted to vist the childrens home she volunteered at. They had greeted her with hugs and kisses at the door. She had no idea the children had missed her so much. She was walking down the hall towards the sick ward when she noticed a little girl looking rather sad Lucy walked up and sat next to her "Quel tromper la petite fille ?" Lucy asked in a soft voice.

Christina turned to the girl and gave her a slight lopsided look.
"Je manque ma maman," Christina sighed and fiddled with her hair, "Maintenant je suis suppose pour obtenir adopté mais personne ne me veut. Les choses étranges continuent à arriver à moi."
And the truth was; A lot of strange things did happen to her. Things she couldn't explain.
"J'ai été forcé de porter une robe noire à mes mères funèbres." Christina said, her heart thumped as she told this- she hadn't told anyone before. "J'ai détesté la robe. Quand j'ai atteint l'enterrement, ma robe était pourpre foncé." Christina hugged into her legs.
"Est-ce que je suis fou ?" Christina asked, her voice shaky with worry.

(( sorry wrong account! i thought i was on as Lucy!! >_<"" ))

Lucy listened to the little girls tale, when she was finished Lucy hugged the girl and pet her hair, "là là petit l'un, votre pas fou, je rappèle le temps quand je hd pour sortir à une noce, je cryied mes yeux hors quand ils ont dit que j'ai dû l'usure une robe verte, j'ai détesté vert, c'était horriable" Lucy said in a soft whisper "now tell me, what is your name?" she asked.

"Christina Le Fevre." Christina said in her french accent.
She looked directly into the girl's eyes and held her gaze for a moment.
"What is wrong with me?" she managed to say.
Christina knew a small amount of English.

"qu'un beau nom" Lucy said to the little girl. Lucy hated that such a small girl would hate herself so much "il y a rien ne trompe avec vous" Lucy insisted, "your a beautiful little girl, and you seem very nice, and smart for such a young age" Lucy added. She had never taken such a liking to a child at the home before, this one seemed special.

Christina gave the girl a weak smile.
There was a loud cheer and then footsteps as one of the social workers made her way towards Christina.
"Dinner" The social worker said, pointing to her mouth and miming eating.
This was how Christina was learning English.
She sighed and nodded to the social worker.
Christina stood up but said to the girl before she walked off to dinner, "I am wrong."

Lucy didn't under stand what the girl ment by she was wrong, "good bye little one, i hope to see you again" Lucy called as the girl went off to dinner. Lucy left the room and went to go help serve dinner in the sick ward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back