Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
The staff who seem to think that I never do these any more. :tut:
So I said to myself, I says: "I'll show them that I never do BWUs anymore..."

...I think it was a trap. :correct:

OOC Superlative Voting
Nominations are over and everything's been compiled in to lists. Now you need to decide who fits best where and how. Submit your votes and you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you're awesome and helped HNZ decide who exactly it is that seems to have the largest appetite, or who is always the funniest person to talk to, who who from this board (because we know it'll be somebody from HNZ) is going to take over the world one day.
Information about how to vote is in this topic. If you haven't seized the opportunity already, hope to it!

It's a Party!
HNZ's 7th birthday celebrations are still ongoing and with the theme all festive-like we'd like you to make the most of it while it's here. So if you haven't gotten the opportunity to take part in some of the birthday events, jump in to it now. ^_^

Manners 1.1
HNZ's Netiquette Guide has received a slight update titled "It affects my character, too!".
We've often heard horror stories about plots being made, agreed upon, and then one person involved abandoning the plot with no heads up and destroying the other person's character/plans because they got caught up in the excitement of something new and shiny. Now, I love new and shiny, so I can't fault anybody for that, but when it affects somebody else, it's important that new and shiny is talked about - or at least warned about. So the netiquette guide now suggests that it'd be polite to at the very least warn a person when plans are changing - and ideally, a full discussion should be had so both people leave feeling their character can still go the way they want them to.

Other Minor Updates
Along with the above, a new BBCode button has made an appearance in the posting screen. In the default theme, it's a small person icon. When clicked, it inserts BBCode which will display your text in your group colour.
So, for me, it does this: Fancy group coloured text!
For each of your accounts, it will input a code which will style your post using exactly that group's username style.
Additionally, I'm sure many of you have already noticed three new emoticons on the board: D: , :party: and :kait: - use them wisely. ^_^

It's the holidays!
Now, not only can your student characters see the All Around the Wizarding World forums - they can post in them too! :frantics:
Have fun with your zany Holiday antics - but remember, no magic off of school grounds for students under 17 (or the Aurors will be after you) :glare: .

A Yuletide Ball
The Yule Ball is opened (has been for a while), and to give everybody who wants to RP plenty of opportunity to - it will stay open until Monday! :)

Accio! HNZ's Student Yearbook
The staff of Accio! say they're closing submissions for student yearbook pictures soon. So if you haven't done that yet, get it done or forever be known as one of the "No pictures available for:" names at the bottom of the page. D:

Christmas Quidditch
What do you get when you smash together Christian holiday with pagan blood-sport gameplay? Christmas Quidditch, of course!
Have a student character staying at the castle over the holidays that may be interested in defending the honour of their favourite deputy headperson? Signups are open in this topic with more details to follow.
Don't have a student? Sit back and enjoy the fun Quidditch madness topic. :D
[ul][li] Discussing the School
Two of New Zealand's most powerful magic-folk determine the fate of HNZ in choosing its new headmistress.</LI>
[li]How Long Has it Been
Ryan hasn't talked to anyone in the past three years of Hogwarts.He has become a completely different person and he has left his old life behind including his old girlfriend Danielle.When sending an owl home Ryan and Danielle meet and speak for the first time in three years and there are some very mixed emotions
[/li][/ul]

[ul][li]A whole bunch of prizes from the birthday celebrations being awarded!
[li]More board documentation changes/updates?
[li]OOC Superlative results
[li]Quiristmas Quidditch See what I did there? Well, I tried, at least. :tut:
<LI>[li]A kick-ass semester two!
[/li][/ul]

There you have it! A BWU hand typed from me to you! :wub:
Questions/comments/objections/quarrels/demands/etc. ? Post 'em here! :D

All the best,

~Nick
(On behalf of HNZ Site Staff)

So, for me, it does this: Fancy group coloured text!
It does that for me too!
Good job with the BWU! But can you do 2 BWUs in a row? :r

Oh pretty!

Thanks for the update Nick ^_^

D: Hehehehee

Group styling is so much easier to use than the board thing :r

:wub: Great update Nickles, then again, they always are :hug:

:party: Go Updates :woot:

So.. I get Deputy Headmaster action? :r

Great updates! :woot:

Awesome update! ^_^
As per usual

I like it.... :p

I never thought I'd see Nick do the update.... Oh well....

Anyways,,, thanks for the great update, Nick!!!

I just like testing stuff. It's coooool.

Oi, another update!
I'm getting addicted to these stuff already. :p

I've read it, thanks for the update.

Wonderful.

Professor Takuya Blaze said:
So.. I get Deputy Headmaster action? :r
Mais, oui.
Without an asterisk, though.

I'm not sure if groups like heads of houses and the headpeople should have the text icon included in that styling.
Because if they want their username, they can just use the
Code:
[me]
bbcode so the real use of the username styling button is to wrap whole sections of text in it. In which case, there's no reason a block of text should be prefaced with something like ~. xD

Ooh... :p I like the Green. :D And great update Nick! :hug:

And just saying, I like Kait's emoticon. :r

I forgot to mention the nifty hover effect on groups on the online list. :tut:
Oh well.

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back