OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
So! I said I would do this on Sunday, then I didn't. So this is me doing it... erm, now. :) Sorry about the delay my lovelies.

Ads are... gone?
Yes indeed my friends! Members of HNZ will no longer see advertisements when viewing the board. :) (We're keeping them enabled for guest users.) Enjoy not seeing advertisements saying you should travel to New Zealand on every page load. (I'm unsure, of course, what you users presently in New Zealand saw - but that was what I did. :p )

A rule clarified
The Board Rules have been tweaked ever so slightly only to clarify a point.
When we say that "underage drinking" isn't OK and that "vague sexual allusions" are OK for "adult characters" we're working off one standard of adulthood: the wizarding one we see in Harry Potter. That means 17. 17 in Europe. 17 in New Zealand. 17 in "america" (the continents or the country, your call). 17.
Got it? Great. ^_^
We noticed that that was unclear, so now it should be clear as crystal.

MESSI: A bit too messy?
Ha. See what I did there?
Anyway, we feel that MESSI has run its course and we're putting it to sleep. Of course you guys can always come up with great competitions ideas and run them yourselves (or, if you want board prizes for them, talk to a purple about it :) ).

ZB Update: Some neat things.
As a result of the most recent ZB Update HNZ has a few new nifty features poking about.
First, there is now a "Table" BBCode button on the posting page which will help you insert a table in to your posts. (Admittedly not very useful in roleplays. ;) )
Additionally, there is a multiquote feature enabled now. Need to reply to multiple people in spam? Just click the "Quote" button with two brown leaves on it (in the default theme) and the leaves will turn green. Do this for every post you want to quote in your post, then click "Add Reply".
Finally, a
Code:
[note]
BBCode is also enabled - useful for inserting footnotes to posts.

Domain Changes
Some strange things happened over the weekend with the domain (admittedly all my own doing) but everything should be resolved now. If you're having weird login issues or whatever, just poke me. :)

Werewolf!
The community game Werewolf is starting up again!
Didn't get your chance to play last time? Sign up here.
Got a chance to play and were confused? Play again!
Got a chance to play and loved it? I suspect you've already signed up. :p
My goal for this game is to have 17 players - enough for 3 werewolf players. ^_^

End of the Semester Happenings
Let's break this down:
1) The wheelbarrow obstacle course/race will be closing soon.
2) Brightstone Village has closed for the last time before it reopens with all holiday forums for student characters.
3) Week 6 of lessons is upon us!
4) Exams are on their way. (Eep!)

Look forward to a more comprehensive announcement about group promotions, the gradebook and your course marks, graduation, sorting, etc. in the coming days/weeks.

OWLs and NEWTs
This needed its own heading.
After discussion the last time around: OWLs and NEWTs will be posted before all other exams to give those students ample time to complete them before the semester ends.
Students: Get your quills ready. ;)
Professors: Remember to post the OWLs and NEWTs early. :)

Accio!
Are you helping create HNZ's yearbook for Y13?
If you are, you better check out the secret hideout: you have deadlines now. :o

[ul][li]Are you kidding me?
Eden goes to visit her family with what she thinks is the flu only to have Lilith confirm that its something else altogether.</LI>
[li]Roars and Hisses
Jerrod and Riley discover each other's dreams, and aren't too keen on what the other wants to do with their life.
[/li][/ul]
Want to add your plot to the list? Do it up!
 [ul][li]Werewolf being amazing.
[li]Graduation & Sorting
[li]A site poll (I think.) - As always, we really care about what you guys think. ;)
[li]Moar hawt pictures of my beautiful face? (Don't bank on it. ;) )
<LI>[li]Awesome times to be had (or just passively lurked).[/li][/ul]
That's it for now!

Once again, sorry it's late. Such is the life.
We're going to make an evil staff schedule for these things so we can stay on top of them more.

In the mean time, you know the drill: questions/comments/concerns/random-schiz-outbursts - post them here. ^_^

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

To be honest, I liked the 'forum.hogwartsnewzealand.com' domain. :r

Anyway; great job on the update! :hug:

And yes; the wheelbarrow race will finish soon. xD

Justin Cliffeton said:
To be honest, I liked the 'forum.hogwartsnewzealand.com' domain. :r
It's always pointed to HNZ.
Same with forums.hogwartsnewzealand.com
But hogwartsnewzealand.com is already two handfuls to type, and it's more memorable. :p
Finallllyyyy, forums.hogwartsnewzealand.com was just a backup in case I ever deceided to use hogwartsnewzealand.com as like the front page of a webpage for the site (with forums being a link off of that). However, that's just not feasible given that all our internal links everywhere link to hogwartsnewzealand.com.
It'd be le frustrating.

Nice job on the updates Nick! :hug:
Yay for no more ads! Also, R.I.P MESSI! :(

YAY NICE UPDATE. And I like what you did with the play on words ;) YAY WEREWOLVES!

Thanks for the update!

Yay for the update!
I can't wait to play Werewolf ^_^

Nicolas King said:
(I'm unsure, of course, what you users presently in New Zealand saw - but that was what I did. :p )
It was mostly seek.co.nz ads. Like, why would we want to get a job when we could be on HNZ? It was trying to lure us away!
We also got a lot of Zetaboards ads, which I found slightly funny. xD

Great update Nick!

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back