Kaitlyn
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Cypress/Ebony Mix 14" Core of Basilisk Fang; Black Walnut/Maple 12 3/4" Essense of Silver Thistle
BWUTitle.png
Zomg, there is another awesome Bi-Weekly update, done by yours truly. I have been blessed with enough time to get this done. And boy do we have a lot of updates for you, but seems like it is even between IC and OOC, as most of the time, there are more OOC than IC. Anyways, enough of my rambling and let's get on with the update! Dunno how many people pay attention to this part, amirite?

OOCUpdates.png

Bi-Weekly Update and Spotlight: Becoming more regular
As we have seen, these are not very regular, are they? Well, it is summer, and sometimes summer brings along some things that we site staff have to put things on hold for a while and our time is shortened greatly. Good news, forum, we are getting less things piled on us, and we are going to make the BWU and Spotlight more regular, like it was before summer. Thanks for being oh so patient with us, as we attempt to keep everything together! So, keep your eyes opened!

MESSI's Emote Competition Results!
Well, have you guys noticed that the topic is now closed? And want to know who won? Guess who won? Ladies and gents, the winner was Riley Sparkles (Donna) with 4 votes! What does she win? Normally we give out emotes, but seeing as she already has one, she will just receive a badass usergroup. The new emote will be given to the person who was in second place, which in this case was Mike Goulding who had 3 votes! Want to see their stories? Just come here, see? Right here!

Applications: Reopened!
Oh noes, for the past week or so, were you seeing something called Applications failed when you tried to apply for something awesome like an Anigamus, Pure-blood or Death Eater? Well, no need to worry about that now as applications are now reopened! Now you can go forth and apply for whatever you need! Just don't overload the admins or else they might shut them off again to sort through the pile, which is understandable of course. So, if you want to apply for something, give it a shot, and see if you can get what you would need approved for a character, whether it would be a big, special plot or just working in the Ministry.

Final Spamination? A Misleading Title, That's For Sure
So, Spam lives on....most certainly has not lived on for too long as we do have a new Spam where you cannot really spam spam, but talk about things, anything, and then eventually make some new friends and whatnot. Our own Emzies has made the topic, called Final Spamination. Could this be the final spam? Is there one no longer after this? Some doubt it (See Final Destination), but it did bring up some awesome conversations. Want to talk to the various members of the site, even the staff in this 'end of all' spam topic? Come and join us here!

Lions? No. Tigers? No. Bears? Nope. Even worse. Werewolf! It has arrived, the game of Werewolf, where there are Seers, Werewolves, Traitors and others including the Devil. It is similar to the game called Mafia, but I suppose it has been modified to fit our needs on HNZ. We are accepting those to sign up, and some of you have already, and some of you have not. Is this your type of game? Come and see here and sign up to be apart of this awesomesauce game!

ICUpdates.png

In-Character Superlatives: Voting!
After one year of not having IC Superlatives, we have gone through the Nominations, and onto the voting! It will last considerably shorter than Nominations, but if you want your character win an award, make sure they are known to have that quality so that other students that know them or know of them can vote for them! Want to know where you can vote? Easy as pie, come right here to cast your votes for not just students, but for professors too!

Semester Two Begins!
All places that were visible to students are no longer visible, as we have entered into the second semester, and that means, students, earn yourself some house points and enter in your classes! That also means, go to your gradebook in your profile and sign up for your classes as well so that you can be given the grade you earn. Professors, thank you for posting lessons and keeping up with everything so neat-like. Exams will be arriving soon, but not too soon. Make sure your student is well prepared!

New Professors: Welcome
We have several new professors! Our own Potions Professor for the younger years has switched to Herbology. Maybe now that Professor Styx is at the Defence Against the Dark Arts post, Herbology won't be as scary to attend, eh? :r Anyways, we have a new Charms Professor, Professor Elvira Cruz, a professor that has come back, Professor Daise A'Dare, a new and intelligent professor, Professor Natalie Reyes, and last but not least, the new potions professor, Professor James Lock. Welcome to the team, and good luck with the students!

Accio! Yearbook Announcement
Looks like we may have a deadline for profile pictures! Since those take longer to do, they shut down and close quicker than others. Get there and get your picture in the appropriate topic, or else your student will not be pictured in the yearbook! Who knows when they will close, but I will tell you one thing, could be after Superlatives are closed. :r

First Game in Years!
PMs were sent. Meetings were held, and it appears that there will be a Quidditch Game! Four houses combined into two teams. If you are on the team, make sure to check your inbox so that you can see if you are available to play those days. Others, be out to the stadium to support your houses! Winner gets house points for their team, so it is going to be a great game! From what I have heard. So, be apart of this, because we cannot have a game without you guys!

PlotHighlights.png

Seems like we have only one, and it looks like a good one. But I know there are a lot more lurkable role-plays out there, if you see one, just submit it, or if you want your role-play to be featured on the BWU, you know where to go. ;) [ul][li]Dancing with the arachnids
One evening after quidditch tryouts Briar sees a younger student making his way into the forrest. she follows him, and likely she does as after a while he falls into a deep pit. Thankfully she still has he broom and can easily help him out, however they are not safe yet as that part of the forest is the hunting ground for the acromantula who soon appear. After a short flight they manage to fly to safety on the other side of the forest. Where briar heals some of the injuries obtained by both students, whilst conversations meander.
*Must add, there is a surprise at the end of it.[/li][/ul]
TTLFT.png

~ More Updates, awesomeness!
~ Something is being planned, but you won't know now until later!
~ More of the site staff's craziness
~ More Nick too, cause that is just a plus
~ School for peeps, and exams for students
~ Yearbook coming out and graduation!

As always, if you have any questions, concerns or just want to post how awesome I am this update is, just post here!

~ Sir Kaitlyn
(On behalf of the Site Staff)

Very nice update Kaitlyn. ^_^ Congratulations to all newly hired professors.

Good job on the updates Kaitlyn!! ^_^
Welcome to all the new Professors, and those returning too! ♥ Oh and major congrats to Donna for winning the Emote competition!

Hadan Johnson said:
~ Something is being planned, but you won't know now until later!
And I know what. :shifty:

Great update Kaitlyn! :)

Then again, it could be I that is planning something amazing, and none of you know about it. :kaitlyn: :shifty:
Regardless, you all will know soon. ;)

First Game in Years!
PMs were sent. Meetings were held, and it appears that there will be a Quidditch Game! Four houses combined into two teams. If you are on the team, make sure to check your inbox so that you can see if you are available to play those days. Others, be out to the stadium to support your houses! Winner gets house points for their team, so it is going to be a great game! From what I have heard. So, be apart of this, because we cannot have a game without you guys!
Let the game begin!! ^_^

There was so much doubt about a duck story...but everyone just loves ducks. :donna:
Good update Kaitlyncat! Welcome to all the new Professors! And yay to all the things to look forward to! :woot:

Hadan Johnson said:
Lions? No. Tigers? No. Bears? Nope. Even worse. Werewolf! It has arrived, the game of Werewolf, where there are Seers, Werewolves, Traitors and others including the Devil. It is similar to the game called Mafia, but I suppose it has been modified to fit our needs on HNZ. We are accepting those to sign up, and some of you have already, and some of you have not. Is this your type of game? Come and see here and sign up to be apart of this awesomesauce game!
Last call is now. I'd like the game to start sometime tonight. :)

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back