Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
BWUTitle.png

It's a few hours late, but I'm sure you'll forgive me. (Something possessed me to go to bed super early last night.)
A few things have been happening in the past 14 days, so here's a synopsis for you...
OOCUpdates.png

Transfer Applications: Didn't Happen. :(
After a lot of moaning and groaning from the bowels of HNZ, transfer applications were put on hold for this 'year'.
For a fuller explanation of why this occurred, please see this announcement. :)

Applications: Getting Back on Track
Applications will begin to be processed again very soon. However, due to the volume received during sorting there may be some delay before I get to your application.
As always, your patience is very much appreciated. :)

"New Member Guides"
After some discussion with HNZ's staff team, new member guides have been disabled from HNZ.
While a great concept, the forum set up for the group was simply never used (almost literally never) and it was an integral part of the formal system.
HNZ's community has always done exceptionally well with welcoming and helping new members, so hopefully that can continue on without any need for the formal system. ^_^

Just Sorted? Here are some reminders![ul][li]Click the link to get your inventory/galleons.
In your sorting PM, a link was provided for you to automatically set up most of your starting inventory and receive 250 starting galleons.
The links will stop working in about three days time (to remove any risk of malicious system use), so get to clickin' if you haven't already! :D</LI>[li]Girls need to sleep too...
If you have a female character that was just sorted, please ensure to request to join the appropriate Girls Dorm Group.
If you do not do this, your account will not be able to see the inner-Girls Dorm forums. :(
For a list of joinable groups (including the girls' dorms) click here.
[li]Your classes have started!
In case that was missed by anybody: classes are under way, so be sure, sure, sure, to get in on them! :D
[li]Biographies
One of the few requirements of having a major character on HNZ (such as a student character) is that they have a biography. This biography is for your benefit as much as it is for the benefit of anybody you roleplay with.
Biographies are distinct from character development topics, as character developments are often disorganized as your character is questioned and (hopefully) further developed. Whereas, biographies are neat and tidy. They're information at a glance.
The section for student biographies can be found here.[/li][/ul]
Site Calendar
HNZ's Site Calendar has been updated for semester 1. All month changes, season changes, important events etc. have been added to the calendar for your viewing and referencing pleasure. ;)
(Sorry for any delay with this update. I had actually forgotten about it. :o :( )

Site Poll
As always, your opinion matters the most to us! ^_^ (Ok, maybe not yours specifically - but the collective 'you'.)
We've posted a poll in the Suggestions & Feedback forum regarding the "Members Online in the Past 24 Hours" script that was added to HNZ. Do you have an opinion on it? Well, even if you don't - there's a poll option for that, too!
Just click here to read the topic and vote!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving to all you Canadians and want-to-be-Canadians out there! ^_^

ICUpdates.png

Sorting Stats! :o
Here are Y11's Sorting Stats!
Sorting_Y11.png

Week #3 of Classes
It's hard to believe we're almost half way through the classes in Semester 1... but we are! ^_^ So make sure you're staying on top of things with your character(s) and getting getting the "Outstandings" that they obviously deserve. ;)

House Points Cheaters
Last 'year' Slytherin cheated in House Points. :(
This 'year' every house except Gryffindor seems to be cheating. :tut:

New Prefects & Headboy/Headgirl
It was added in a later post in the last BWU, but it deserves some of the spotlight too!
So here are all the people who were promoted to prefect or Headboy/Headgirl for Y11:
[ul][li]Theodore Snow
[li]~Patricia Styx
[li]Landon Dalton
[li]Ryuu Arai
[li]Dannii Merrythought
[li]Arianna Tipley
[li]Azerail Varius
[li]Ariah Rowan
[li]Thomas Smith
[li]Merlina Caliburn[/li][/ul]
Holiday Forums... Ya, they're closed... Oh, Wait!
Holiday forums are closed at the moment - which means shopping is done for students.
However, the Brightstone Weekend is starting up today so you might be able to sneak some more shopping in for your student character! :D

Minister for Magic: Voting
Either today or tomorrow voting for the post of Minister for Magic will open!
Full instructions and requirements for voting will be posted as soon as voting opens. :)

PlotHighlights.png

It seems this section of the update has been spared from my wrath once more. :o
Here are your plot highlights:
[ul][li]Catching a Snake
Leah Winters travels to Canada after being ordered to retrieve Abraxon Le'Creigh and bring him back to New Zealand. After seeing him caught on security camera footage she takes off knowing that catching him is imperative for he has been blamed for murder.
(You may also want to read Silvery Snakes)
[li]There You Are, Standing Right In Front Of Me
A walk along the beach turns sour when a student discovers her boyfriend with another girl, but things aren't quite the way they look on closer inspection.
[li]Yeah Right
Sienna hasn't seen her mentor Selwin Snape for so long who's also a Death Eater and has recently been encouraging her to join the Death Eaters that she goes and visits him. What will happen when she sees him? What has changed from when she last saw him?
[li]It's hard to believe
Leah and Mikayla are devastated from when Chase was sent to Azkaban from wanting to harm Professor Melodie Lowe. Leah is comforting Mikayla, and she is beginning to have a devious scheme. With what Leah is planning, and the trial for Chase coming up, will he go innocent or will he be sent back to Azkaban?[/li][/ul]

TTLFT.png

[ul][li]Great times on HNZ[li]Insane Brightstone Weekend plots[li]An awesome Halloween Feast (Next Week!)[li]A new minister for Magic[li]MESSI's madness (whenever they get to posting it again :r )<LI>[li]More Updates![/li][/ul]

That's about all I can remember. There's probably more, though, too. :tut:

Until next fortnight,

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

I didn't even know it was possible to cheat in the House points,
but of course, us gryffindors abide by the rules :r

"biographies are neat and tidy. They're information at a glance"

Yeah...a glance, My biography for Willow would take a while and a good cup of tea.
maybe I should cut it down a bit :p

Anyway, thanks for the Update Nick! :jesse:

Willow Autumn said:
"biographies are neat and tidy. They're information at a glance"
Yeah...a glance, My biography for Willow would take a while and a good cup of tea.
maybe I should cut it down a bit :p
I didn't know it was possible, either. But obviously the other houses are managing it somehow. :DE:

Nawww. The point is that I can click your bio and see the information I need. Which I can. In a character development, it might not be there at all, and if it is I wouldn't know which post to look in at all. Biographies are better organized, without a doubt. ;)

:lol:

My plot was hilighted... Go Mikki Wooo!!! Cry those eyes out :)

My plot is highlighted~ Or, rather Brian's and my plot was...
Wonderful update, by the way. :D

Awesome update! ^_^
Cannot wait for voting! :frantics:

Brightstone is now open. ^_^

Nicolas King said:
Willow Autumn said:
I didn't know it was possible, either. But obviously the other houses are managing it somehow. :DE:
I'm so glad others are noticing the cheating ;)

I'm excited for the election voting! ^_^
Great update Nick :)

Good work on the update Nick. ^_^

Awesome updates Nick! :cool:

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back