Kaitlyn
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Cypress/Ebony Mix 14" Core of Basilisk Fang; Black Walnut/Maple 12 3/4" Essense of Silver Thistle
BWUTitle.png
Nick did not stick by his (or rather, Pat's and I) thoughts of being the only one announcing these updates as this one is being done by yours truly, Sir Kaitlyn! For this bi-weekly update, we have a ton of updates for you, and do I mean a ton. I probably would not have done the update this week if I had known about all of the updates. :r I joke, so shall we begin with yet another awesome (and some not so awesome) updates!
OOCUpdates.png

House Points System: Revamped!
Our amazing Nickles has not ceased to niftify (new word) our beloved HNZ. Then again, what he has done, only our professors can do, and that is update our system without having to go through the Admin CP or whatever Nick did to keep us updated. And from what I can see on the house points, it seems like Slytherin is still in the lead. :r Professors, your instructions to change the house points can be found where we hold our (well, professors) secret meetings. And other people, you can view the change log here.

Purples Lose An Orchid
So, Abby came back on for a while, but sadly enough, real life claimed her once again. :( She has stepped down her role as Global Moderator and wishes to focus on school and such. We shall miss our Abby, and hope for the best as she moves on to her dream in New York City! Who knows, she may even return to us. :abby: But for now, keep hoping and praying for her as she tackles her schooling!

Caption Competition: Voting
MESSI's caption competition voting for your favorite caption has begun! Remember people, vote once and only once, with one account. We have some funny people out there, and funnier entries, so get to voting which can be found here.

Reminder: Rules
Remember the rules update? We have added in the signature rule, and avatar rule, as seen in the board rules topic which is here. If your signature breaks that rule, which pretty much any banner with a GIF (though some fit the restrictions so check yours if you have a GIF in it) in it or an avatar that has more than 20 frames will break those rules, then remove it or else you will be PMed because we will find you. :shifty: We need to think about others and all, so keep that in mind.

Tinypic: Sucks...Again!
As expected, seems like tinypic has been tampering with our beloved signatures once again. So, this makes it the third time, and I have even switched over my stuff to an account on photobucket. So, come here for the full announcement. Remember that if there is something wrong with a signature, notify an Admin and they will be sure to remove it! It is not really our fault so keep that in mind. ;)

Inventory System: Updated Again!
How can the system get any better, you ask? Well, now the inventory system now suggests results if there are multiple users with the name that you are looking for. Imagine that! Can this inventory system get any niftier? So, you can even find a character called "Sympathetic Character" is you want to. :lol: The real announcement is found here.

Now Hiring: Professors and Shopkeepers!
Seems like Y11 needs some more hardworking professors as positions have opened up and we need you to apply for those positions! Right now, we are hiring for Astronomy, Years 1-4 and Care of Magical Creatures, and Flourish and Blotts. Come here to look for more positions on shopkeepers and come here to look for open positions on professors.
Remember though, we will be hiring more professors as Y11 draws nearer. ;)
Professors are a strong part of this school's community, so keep those eyes open for more positions opening!

ICUpdates.png

Ministry Election Continues!
Our Ministry plot deepens again and this time, our candidates must be in a debate, and put their wits to the test. This will be an interesting read for all of you, so be sure to keep your eyes on this debate which is found here. We will see how these candidates are with Mozart interrogating them all! :shifty: I am sure that even my candidate, well, I know that she will feel some pressure. I cannot wait to get the good questions out in the open! Remember candidates, keep on posting! :lol:

Graduation Class of 2026!
Yet another graduation has taken place at Hogwarts New Zealand! This would be the fourth graduation that this school has had, and remember if you are a guest at the Graduation, please make your way to posting! You can view the graduation here and enjoy it as the seventh years of this year go out into the world of adulthood! :woot: So, viewers, cherish the final moments of these seventh years.

Exams!
Oh no! Exams, including the NEWTs and OWLs will begin today! :o Students, get to taking your exams! The time has come at last! Work hard and give those professors something to grade! They have worked hard all 'year' and let them know that your student has learned! Don't worry, the OWLs and NEWTs may be up for a week rather than three days, though it is purely up to the professors' mind if they think that those fifth and seventh years need more time.

PlotHighlights.png

Opposed to last bi-weekly update, we have a ton of plot highlights! So, here are the plots![ul][li]Mischief or Sorts
A half giant first year (Madlyn) meets a wild blonde haired second year (Briar) in the forbidden forest. Briar curious about Madlyn height while Madlyn curious in why Briar seem to look wild instead of normal like any other girl. Adventuring further than allowed to be by the school they happen to stumble upon Nariar. A very mischief centuar who seem not to like Madlyn so much, but Briar another story...which have Madlyn questioning about Briar's family after seeing Briar speed away with Narniar.</LI>
[li]As graduation approaches
Andrew Bruke has loved Adira for three years now but he wants her to know that he wants to commit to her and ask her to marry him. Before that he wants to tell her what he intends to become, a death eater but having faith in her love for him he knows she will not deny. He tells her that he will be patient and wait for her to graduate and is going to ask Mr.Ater, Adira's father for Adira's hand in marriage. As the couple chat happily and talk about their future and promise each other their love, a lot of chaos is created in the Slytherin common room.
[li]New found freedom
Two misfits find that in their differences and struggles that they are not so alone after all
[li]Breaking Dawn
After Andromeda curses one guy and kills another she takes off in her werewolf form only to wake the following morning in a forest in Merlin knows only where. She stumbles upon a shack and Dorian DeLuca. Neither seem tolerant of the other, neither seem even remotely pleasant - is this just years of weariness or how two werewolves in human guise usually behave when like meets like?
Other RPs in this plot include:[ul][li]Full Moon Rising
[li]The Day the Earth Stood Still [/li][/ul][li]Everything Good Must End
Out for Revenge, Onix Hensel mistakes Jaken Styx for the person he was originally aiming to kill and accidentally poisons and kills him.
The other RPs that follows this event are the following:[ul][li]No one loves the messenger
[li]Heaven hear me, hold them safe
[li]You rose, just to fall again[/li][/ul][li]Disclosure
Gabrielle has found love while Trilby must live with the knowledge that she has been the perpetrator of breaking her own heart. Will Gabrielle ease the girls pain with news of Xavier? Will Trilby finally come clean about her true feelings? Both girls have a lot to talk about but will they like many women just skirt the vital subjects to talk of frivolous matters?
[li]Confirmed
After Abigail Lurken discovers she's pregnant she runs to the Antiquated Lavatory only to be confronted and comforted by Alyssa Snow where they manage to mend their friendship and try to figure out what to do about this unexpected situation.
<LI>[li]"Yes, I Am Serious, Xavier"
Vincent decides to buy an engagement ring for Alyssa Snow, and takes her brother and his best friend with him to come up with some humorous reactions.[/li][/ul]

TTLFT.png

~ End of the year feast & group promotions
~ Sorting! (&transfers)
~ Summer break!
~ Voting time in the Ministry elections!
~ ACCIO! HNZ's Yearbook
~ Another character spotlight (we know we forgot one :r )
~ Exciting OOC Events
~ More updates!
And that concludes our Bi-Weekly update! Make sure you are around for another awesome update!

~ Sir Kaitlyn
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Good stuff, Kaitlynz. ^_^

"(and some not so awesome) updates!"
What, pray tell, are those? :glare: :p
Oh. Abby leaving was a not so awesome one. :r Right. :tut:
Any others? :glare:

If you cant find someone to take over Astronomy yrs 1-4 just let me know and I will be more than happy to take care of it.

This is very cool :lol:
Brilliant job to everyone involved xx

Nicolas King said:
Good stuff, Kaitlynz. ^_^

"(and some not so awesome) updates!"
What, pray tell, are those? :glare: :p
Oh. Abby leaving was a not so awesome one. :r Right. :tut:
Any others? :glare:

Exams. :r
^_^

Professor Daisie A'Dare said:
If you cant find someone to take over Astronomy yrs 1-4 just let me know and I will be more than happy to take care of it.
We've had applicants (but thanks for the offer).
We're just not hiring until:
1) We know all the positions we're looking to fill and have posted for them
and
2) We near closer to Y11

wow one of my plots has been highlighted. awesome update. however Briar isn't a blonde, she is a redhead.
wow i cant believe one of my plots is highlighted

Briar Rowan said:
wow one of my plots has been highlighted. awesome update. however Briar isn't a blonde, she is a redhead.
More of them could be highlighted if you put them in yourself :p
Awesome job, Kaitlyn :D So much to look forward too, I'm excited ^_^

To add: if here is a mistake in a description for a plot, that is the submitter's fault and not ours/Kaitlyn's.

~Nick

Briar Rowan said:
Well she looks like a strawberry blonde to me, besides that I was just building up the suspense and stuff :p

OWL's <_<

BWU :D

Slytherin taking the house cup for the second year in a row. :woot: :wub:

For purposes of the graduation list, anyone that has someone graduating from another school (i.e. Beauxbatons, Durmstrang, Hogwarts Scotland, whatever), then feel free to PM me. ^_^

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back