Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
BWUTitle.png
I was going to be lazy and release this a day late, but nope! I made it! :D Woot!

So, here is your most recent Bi-Weekly Update:

OOCUpdates.png

The Character Spotlight
A special congratulations is awarded to Veronica White, or as we know her as Nishma, for being this new spotlighted character! Everyone congratulate her on a job well done on having a well developed character and being noticed by the site staff. We give her a round of applause when her bio is more than complete and is a role model for the newer members of the site. Thanks for having such a developed character and congratulations once more!
Malware Warnings in Google Chrome?
Due to a website which some people's avatars and signature images were hosted on having been flagged on Google for Malware, pages which included images from that site were blocked by Google Chrome for some users. I have taken steps to prevent this from occurring, and more information was posted in the official announcement.
For the benefit of all users of HNZ, please do not hotlink images from other sites for your signature or avatars. Save them to your computer and host them to an image hosting website. :) Thank you.
2010 OOC Superlatives: Results
That's right! The results of this year's OOC Superlatives came in and you definitely won something!
Make sure to check out the results here!
Also, a big thank-you to everybody who had a hand in making the superlatives as awesome as ever. :) Whether it was initial planning, posting topics, nominating, compiling nominations, voting, counting votes, making userbars - or even just being there in case we needed extra help, it was all appreciated and without you guys, it wouldn't have worked. ;)

HNZ's Premiere Acrostic Challenge!
That's right! HNZ is having its first ever acrostic challenge. Think your love of words and sharp wit is enough to win you a lovely little crown for a week? Well, find out by entering now! :D
As the Results of Feedback...
[ol][li]Your recommendations in this topic were weighed heavily, and a few new RPing forums can be spotted on HNZ as a result!
These new forums include: [ul][li] The Courtyard ( Click )
An open area within the walls of Hogwarts. Come here with your friends to find some much needed rest in between your busy day of classes.[li]Antiquated Lavatory ( Click )
An old lavatory of the castle. Nothing in this room has worked for centuries, it seems, excepting the occasional drip of water from the facet. It's dark and damp, which makes it a favourite hang out of many Hogwarts ghosts and ghouls (or students) with no place better to go.
[li]Tākarokaro Park ( Click )
A park off of the main street in Brightstone Village and popular hangout for the children from the village as well as younger Hogwarts Students on their visits. A playground can be found in the centre of the landscaping.[/li][/ul]
[li]After your votes in this feedback topic shop forums have been rearranged slightly to remove some excess forum index coding. :) [/li][/ol]
New Member's Guides
While this, too, is technically the direct result of your feedback, I felt it's big enough to deserve its own heading.
As a result of Cyndi's site poll suggestion, and after discussing the ideas and specifics with elite members, the New Member's Guides were birthed!
Do you think you know a lot about HNZ?
Do you often find yourself welcoming new members to HNZ in welcome topics?
Are you interested in helping new members get to know the board and its community?
If you answered yes to all (or most of :r ) the above, check out the new joinable group: http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/members/?joinable=419

While we're just testing the system right now, we're hoping it will take off and be a success, helping new users get to know HNZ even better and quicker than ever.

OOC Forum Rearrangement & Changes
Many of you have likely noticed, but it does bear mention. The "Out of Character Section" category has had some slight tweaks to it. Namely: [ol][li]The "Plotline and Story Development" forum is now index-visible. Previously it was a subforum of the "Off-Topic Board", however this forum is not off topic. For HNZ it is very, very, on topic. So that change is beneficial.</LI>
[li]The Fan Fictions forum, which was largely inactive, has been hidden. It may make a resurgence in the distant future, who knows. But for now: it's gone.[/li][/ol]

Plagiarism
HNZ has a very strict no plagiarism policy. You may not copy information from sources and claim it as your own, or your character's. Proper citation is necessary, at the very least.
A copy of HNZ's plagiarism documentation, written by Paul (Arithmos Manteia) should be available in every classroom forum.
Click here for the copy posted in the Defence Against the Dark Arts Classroom
(Sound familiar? Yes, it was in the last update. However, many felt it bore re-mention, so here it is again! :) )

ICUpdates.png

ACCIO! Hogwarts' Yearbook
The staff of ACCIO! have asked me to remind you to submit pictures for your student characters! Including pictures from special events they attended, their 'year photo', and from any clubs they are a part of.
You can view the topics where you can submit these photos here: http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/forum/39891/
HNZ Semester 2 has begun!
Classes are back in session (week two is beginning as of the 2nd of August), and Hogwarts in general is back in full swing! Be prepared for elective selections, valentines, and much more - all while continuing to battle it out for the house cup! :D (By the way, I'm fairly sure Slytherin is cheating again. So we may have to pull a Dumbledore™ right at the end to make a half decent house win it. ;) )

Ministry of Magic Elections: Roll on!
The Minister for Magic election plot is continuing on! Candidates have been chosen and their campaigns are beginning! Who does your character support? Who do they oppose? What are the Death Eaters up to in the midst of all this? How will the Aurors respond?
Make sure to keep up with the plot, and join in at every turn!
For regular updates, please see the elections announcement: http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7313682/
For even more information, and to include your roleplays in the history of this plot, see the Ministry Elections Wiki page on the HNZ Wiki (Link). Feel free to edit in any and all additional information you have! :D

PlotHighlights.png

[ul][li]By being my friend... (Link)
"After the sending of Chase to Azkaban, Eden was a heart broken individual. Totally crushed that her love was now in Azkaban and that she would never see him. One day at the Harbour, she found someone who she connected with, much like with Chase, she connected with him. His name was Selwin Snape. He helped Eden get out of her sadness, helped her get back on her feet and now. Deciding that they might want to take it a little further, they decided to start dating each other."[li]Reminiscing (Link)
Another RP in this plot line: Reuniting us - http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7316227/[li]First time for everything (Link)
Two guys get drunk and think they are both girls which leads to a weird situation[/li][/ul]And remember, you can always submit for the next B-WU!

TTLFT.png
[ul][li]Valentine's Day[li]Minister for Magic Campaign Trails![li]Second year's elective selections.[li]Contest Results[li]General good times!
<LI>[li]Other exciting things[/li][/ul]
As always, there were other things but these were the ones that caught our attention and we wanted to be sure to share with you.

If you have any questions/comments/concerns about this update - just post it here! :D

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Very informative, thanks Nicolas

Great job Nick :D

You forgot the new spam topic but that is okay. Slytherin in not cheating. We just have smarter students. I do believe that Slytherin has smarter students than Ravenclaw, and if you did what Dumbledore™ did than I think that would be cheating. :r

Eden Koshiba said:
You forgot the new spam topic but that is okay. Slytherin in not cheating. We just have smarter students. I do believe that Slytherin has smarter students than Ravenclaw, and if you did what Dumbledore™ did than I think that would be cheating. :r
Nope, didn't forget.
That and the new professors for semester 2 were left out. ;)

Also: Pulling a Dumbledore™ is never cheating. :p

I think it is cheating. The Slytherins have been working ever so hard on there lessons it would be unjust to take it away from them just because Dumbledore™ has done it in the past. Which I never agreed with.

Not take points away from them. :tut:
Give a ludicrous amount of points to other houses. :r

Very nicely updated. :D Good job Nick.

Nicolas King said:
By being my friend... (Link)
"After the sending of Chase to Azkaban, Eden was a heart broken individual. Totally crushed that her love was now in Azkaban and that she would never see him. One day at the Harbour, she found someone who she connected with, much like with Chase, she connected with him. His name was Selwin Snape. He helped Eden get out of her sadness, helped her get back on her feet and now. Deciding that they might want to take it a little further, they decided to start dating each other."
I do not approve of this. :r

Great update, Nickles! ^_^

Awesome!!

I :wub: the new forums!

Professor Takuya Blaze said:
Nicolas King said:
"After the sending of Chase to Azkaban, Eden was a heart broken individual. Totally crushed that her love was now in Azkaban and that she would never see him. One day at the Harbour, she found someone who she connected with, much like with Chase, she connected with him. His name was Selwin Snape. He helped Eden get out of her sadness, helped her get back on her feet and now. Deciding that they might want to take it a little further, they decided to start dating each other."

Well if you do not approve of this than maybe you should not have had Chase thrown into Azkaban before Eden and Chase where married. :glare:

Eden Koshiba said:
Professor Takuya Blaze said:
Nicolas King said:

Well if you do not approve of this than maybe you should not have had Chase thrown into Azkaban before Eden and Chase where married. :glare:
You took the words right out of my mouth. xD

Remember students and professors, we are in the middle of week three. :)
Keep up the good work to those who earn us Slytherins house points! :woot:
=))

Excellent update as usual Sir Nicholas and Congratulations to all the winners in the Superlatives!!!

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back