Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
BWUTitle.png
This weekly update is slightly shorter than usual, but that's no matter - because it's just as awesome as ever!

OOCUpdates.png

Master Applications Page
After considerable confusion regarding the location of applications, one master applications page has been created. This page can be found here. It is still being worked on, but you are free to use it while I work out how to make it better, more usable, more helpful, and more visible. :)

New Application Redirect
With many application forms, previously, when the form submitted the application page would redirect to a rules topic. Not only did this confuse some, it was often somewhat illogical. Now, applications should redirect to a page which gives information on estimated wait time for application approval, any more additional information, and indicates that the submission was successful. If your browser does not redirect you, it is possible (and likely) the submission was not successful and then you should PM me to verify. ^_^

Skype Profile Field
Thanks to a suggestion from Olivia, a profile field has been added for you to input your skype username if you so desire. ^_^ You can view this change here.

Reorganization of Account Editing Page
With the above, I found an easy way to code pages to reorganize existing content (as I wanted the skype field to be grouped with the other, default, messenger fields). With that, I re-organized the account editing page to separate in-character and out-of-character information, then put headings above each. :) It's a small change, but hopefully a slightly helpful one. You can view this change here.

Graduation Dates Documentation: Updated
The Graduation Dates documentation received a major update this past week - with tonnes of new names being added! A big thank you to Kaitlyn for putting that together. ^_^
Do you see something missing? Something wrong? If so, PM a member of the site staff with specifics and we'll look in to it for you. ^_^

Easter Egg Hunt: Concluded
With the conclusion of HNZ's first ever Easter Egg Hunt I'd like to thank everybody who participated, those members of MESSI who helped plan, the site staff for helping as well, and offer a final congratulations to you champion hunters out there that completed the task! ^_^Kudos!

Graphics Competition Results
A big congratulations to Liberty Barnett for winning HNZ's 21[sup]st[/sup] graphics competition! You can view voting results here. ^_^

New Affiliated Board: Could mean big things?
As you may have seen on HNZ's Affiliates Page - we have a new affiliated board!
CAUTION is a popular roleplaying resource board, and with this affiliation comes the fact that you can now link to caution on HNZ (a little). "So what?" you ask? Well, it's simple. Now users can use the resources provided by caution which link back to it. Templates exist for biographies, relationships page, forum game ideas, plot summary pages, etc.
So where this was a dilemma to some degree before - it should no longer be. ^_^

ICUpdates.png

Brightstone Weekend
Tomorrow is the first Brightstone weekend for students of HNZ in semester two! So get ready for some shopping! But be sure to wear a jacket, because it is also the start of Autumn!

Yearbook Superlatives: Nominations
Yearbook Superlative nominations are open (thanks to Hilde Lindstrom, Yearbook editor). Be sure to read the rules topic, then nominate! Click here to get started

The Tri-Wizard Tournament
Task #3 for the Tri-Wizard Tournament should be under way this week (we're estimating it to be Thursday). So get ready for the biggest task yet! ^_^ (And hopefully Mike won't throw sparks and let HNZ down... again. :r )

Hiring: Potions Professor
We're hiring for the position of Potions Professor at HNZ! If you think your character can fill this position, and you have enough time to, apply here! :D

PlotHighlights.png

[ul][li]Indonesia it is (AAtWW)
~When the mother-in-law treats! So basically both Elliott and Rosie go on vacation to indonesia. While vacating, Rosie's mom is treating them both without being oresent of course. So she pays for the whole vacation, Elliott not wilthy so he pretty much appricate it. By the second day, Rosie and Elliott goes off to a play when it turns out to be a ceremony instead, only it was fixed! So Elliott and Rosie are shocked but happy in what just happen, the two are married and now what's next for the two newely weds? Well let's see what happens ^_^</LI>[li]The morning after dark (AAtWW)
~Chase becomes desperate to keep a secret, but comes across Melodie, one of the few that knows the truth. [li]Dying Day (AAtWW)
~ Tortured to insanity, Melodie is brought into St Mungos by Izaak.[li]When fingers point (AAtWW)
~ Abathyn comes across Adam, words and wands cross.[li]Epiphany (AAtWW)
~ Izaak Finch goes to Oxfordshire to find Alexis Richarde, his ex-girlfriend, to ask her to marry him but she leaves her home and is attacked by a werewolf. When at Saint Mungo's, Izaak discovers that Alexis has a boyfriend and leaves for his home defeated. [li]Who's Afraid of the big bad wolf (AAtWW)
~ After a month of fear, Alexis discovers that she has been changed into a werewolf.
[li]My Saving Grace (AAtWW)
~ While on her way to get registered as a werewolf, Alexis finds an engagement ring that she has dreamed about and immediately knows whose it is and she goes to find him. After being reunited, Izaak Finch asks her to be his wife.[li]Arrangements for the Transfer of Chattel (AAtWW)
~ Auror Nicolas King arranges a meeting with the father of the woman he loves. [li]Writings of a Psycho (AAtWW)
~ Curiosity killed the cat. How well Hollace comes to believe in this old saying as she stumbles upon her husband's black diary, unknowing that not everything is as it appears. [/li][/ul]

Remember that you can submit your own plots to be highlighted via this form. ^_^

TTLFT.png

[ul][li]HNZ - turning five in less than 20 days!
[li]More crazy TWT actions!
[li]More sweet plots to highlight!
[li]Kaitlyn is gone for two weeks... sort of! (Jokez. This is not what we look forward to. This is what I cry myself to sleep about at night. :cry: )
<LI>[li]Sweet time chatting with each other about the board. ^_~ [/li][/ul]

As usual, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about this update, please post in this thread. ^_^

'til next time,

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Good work! :D

Always nicely done^^

The plot hilights are looking good this week! ;)

Melodie Lowe said:
The plot hilights are looking good this week! ;)
I hear the nifty submission form helped with that. ^_^ :r

it may have been short but it was packed to the brim of awesome content as usual Nick ;)

congrats to Pheebz for winning the yearbook competition again
and some great threads there for lurking purposes ;)

:woot: for TWT!!

and awesome job Kaitlyn on the grads list ;)
but not so awesome that you'll be MIA for a while :(
:hug:

Nicolas King said:
The Tri-Wizard Tournament
Task #3 for the Tri-Wizard Tournament should be under way this week (we're estimating it to be Thursday). So get ready for the biggest task yet! ^_^ (And hopefully Mike won't throw sparks and let HNZ down... again. :r )
Hmmphhh. First task was not my fault, after all I mean I was away for a legitimate reason and second time, well again I was absent due to unforeseen circumstances :(

But hopefully I won't let all you HNZ'ers succumb to a defeat :woot:

xD no seriously Moko wants to see red sparks go up from Hogwarts entry again :p

unforeseen circumstance FTW xD

:hug: Mike

Nicolas King said:
Reorganization of Account Editing Page
With the above, I found an easy way to code pages to reorganize existing content (as I wanted the skype field to be grouped with the other, default, messenger fields). With that, I re-organized the account editing page to separate in-character and out-of-character information, then put headings above each. :) It's a small change, but hopefully a slightly helpful one. You can view this change here.
It appears that the editing profile page is different for admin than it is for members.
As such I will work on fixing the organization tonight.
In the mean time, I apologize for the confusion and a major thank you to KR for pointing this out to me. :)
This error should now be fixed and appear properly for all usergroups. ^_^

Rukevra Vanderzuk said:
Nicolas King said:
This error should now be fixed and appear properly for all usergroups. ^_^
Character Information now only contains Inventory. Complete waste of time if you ask me.
It appears that the order of those fields jump around a bit. So I became more clever and have it definitely resolved.

Nicolas King said:
Skype Profile Field
Thanks to a suggestion from Olivia, a profile field has been added for you to input your skype username if you so desire. ^_^ You can view this change here.
You said my name o_O

Nice job Nick, and I repeat after Brittany; Awesome plot highlights ^_^

Amber Hayes said:
Nicolas King said:
Skype Profile Field
You said my name o_O

:frantics: You gots your name mentioned! :D Special much?

Melodie Lowe said:
Amber Hayes said:
Nicolas King said:
Skype Profile Field
You said my name o_O

:frantics: You gots your name mentioned! :D Special much?
Yes, I confirm. My name was mentioned. As says the evidence :r

Maybe I should word filter your name? So that when people type it something else more awesome comes up. ^_^ xD

Nicolas King said:
Maybe I should word filter your name? So that when people type it something else more awesome comes up. ^_^ xD
Depends what the awesome-ness word is :unsure:

Amber Hayes said:
Nicolas King said:
Depends what the awesome-ness word is :unsure:
"Nicolas"?
Can't get more awesome than that. :shifty:

=)) Niiiice.

Nyaw I'm so happy peeps are cool with the plot highlights section! I have to give total props/thanks to Nick for setting up the plot submission form, which I am eternally grateful for! :hug:

A lot more submitted because of the form, it's a keeper! :lol:

Cecily Zhefarovich said:
=)) Niiiice.

Nyaw I'm so happy peeps are cool with the plot highlights section! I have to give total props/thanks to Nick for setting up the plot submission form, which I am eternally grateful for! :hug:

A lot more submitted because of the form, it's a keeper! :lol:
I have even more to submit now :r slightly very EXCIITING! *ahem* topics to submit =))

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back