Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
BWUTitle.png

Welcome to the Bi-Weekly Update! ^_^ A lot has happened in the past two weeks, and I'm quite excited to update you all about it. :D So here goes everything...

OOCUpdates.png

Out of Character First Name: New Profile Field
A new profile field has been added to HNZ for you to place your real life first name, if you so choose, so that others can call you by that and not your character's name. :D Read more about this update in its official announcement, and special thanks to Reid for all his help in making this happen. ^_^

HNZ Galleons Script
A new galleons system has been put in to effect for HNZ, after much hard work shared between Slayer766 (who wrote the code and is hosting it for us), myself, Kaitlyn, and a little help from others. ( :wub: ) You can read the full announcement here. We would also ask that you review the Galleons System FAQ.
Finally, I would request that shopkeepers check their personal messages for further information.

Limerick Competition: Results
After voting, and a tough decision to only allow limericks (which, by our minimum definition, was a five line poem) to be included in voting - Maxwell Robinson (Viv) ended up winning this competition. You can read her poem here. Congratulations, and thanks to everybody who entered!

Graphics Competition
Graphics Competition #20 has opened here! So get your graphic juices flowing and enter-enter-enter! (Yes, I expect everybody to give this a shot. If I can, so can you! ;) )

An Update on Livvy
As we all know, Livvy has taken a leave from HNZ while she deals with a variety of things in real life. It was our deepest hope, and her intention, to be back on HNZ in the mix of things again in late February or early March. It now looks like this may not be possible. While you may see Livvy about the site now and again, she is unfortunately not yet able to come back in her full capacity. That's all I am comfortable sharing at the moment, but your thoughts and prayers for her would be greatly appreciated. :)
Please note that there may be another delay in application processing. I had stopped processing applications in the hopes that Livvy's return would come and we could wrap them up together, but with her needing more time it will take me a little to pick it back up.

Notice to Members in the "Elite" Joinable Group
Any members in the OOC Elite Members joinable group are asked to read the threads posted in their forum and comment accordingly. :) Member input is very important to site staff right now, so we are looking to you, the "well seasoned" members of HNZ, for the first round of input.

Character Spotlight: Delayed
As many of you are aware, I am sure, the character spotlight disappeared without a new spotlight being posted. With Livvy's absence and site staff having varied troubles/responsibilities/absences of their own, the spotlight was put off for this fortnight and the next will be posted next Sunday. :) Thank you all for your continued support and patience as we try to be as flexible and dynamic as we can on this end of things, whilst the site staff is not quite in full force.
ICUpdates.png

Halloween Feast
The Halloween Feast was a haunting success - and I would like to thank everybody who took the time to roleplay in it or post costumes for their characters.
The winners of the Halloween costume contest were posted, via roleplay, in this thread and you can read the full (out of character) announcement with regards to the feast here. :)

The TriWizard Tournament
Task #1 of Y9's TriWizard Tournament has officially conluded! You can read the conclusion of this task here.
Follow all other TriWizard Tournament updates via its Official Announcement Topic.
Task #2 will begin this coming Thursday! ^_^

The Daily Prophet
The third issue of the Daily Prophet has been released!
Read it at your leisure here: http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/single/?p=8463198&t=526330
A major thank you to Brian who is very much the heart and soul of the prophet at this time, other thanks go to everybody who submitted to the prophet. :)

Classes
Week #6 of classes begins this week! ^_^ Be sure to attend your classes and make your professors happy. =)​

PlotHighlights.png

Thanks to everybody who submitted plots for this and last bi-weekly-update's highlights! Special thanks to Abby for compiling them!
A reminder to anybody submitting to the update for highlights: please include a brief (one line) description of your submission so we're saved some time. ^_^ Without that description, your submission may be ignored.
[ul][li]The climax of a life and aftermath that follows:[ul][li]Thirteen O' Clock
Have tissues ready as young love gets tragically ripped apart and a life is nipped in the bud.
[li]Opened Death's Door
The centaurs must take stock of the actions of one of their own.
[li]Memorial Service
A school comes together to grieve.[/li][/ul][li]Tombstone
Will those who live by the wand die by the wand? Will the ministry deal justice to Scott's murderer?</LI>
[li]Pat's being nosey
Patricia works together with her brother Hades to bring their parents back together in an interesting way.
[li]Welcome Home
Patricia and Hades' plan seems to have worked and Nicolette tries to sneak back home.
[li]J'Adore Baby
After all they've been through Izaak and Isabella finally find their own special piece of paradise.
[li]Morning Lullabies
Millard and Noelle Lurken get a few surprises on this morning.
[li]All Part of the Job
Nick's horrid attempt at an RP with Linda trying to make him look good.
[li]"'The Boggarts Accomplice' - Meal For Two"
This one hasn't started yet but I have a feeling it'll be an interesting read. :o ;)
<LI>[li]Triwizard Tournament - Task 1
[/li][/ul]

TTLFT.png

Here are some things upcoming on HNZ that should interest you:

♥ Replies to pending applications
♥ TWT Task #2
♥ Graphics Contest Voting
♥ Lurking à la Livvy
♥ OOC Insanity
♥ Moar Blawg Rants!
♥ Finalization of the Galleons system
♥ Yule Ball & the Holiday Feast
♥ Exams ( :erm: )
♥ Holiday Break!​

That's about it for this update! :D
Thanks to all of you for making HNZ what it is and for your continued patience as we work out the kinks in some systems, update various aspects of the site, fix site documentation, process requests, and deal with the general stress of running an amazing forum with amazing people ^_^ - even when some of our awesomesauce staff can't be around as much as we'd like. :(

As always, should you have any questions, comments, or concerns with regard to this update just post a reply to this thread!

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

most excellent work as always Nick
lots of exciting things for us all to look forward too
I seriously couldn't help but giggle myself senseless at reading this though...
Nick's horrid attempt at an RP with Linda trying to make him look good.

truth is I always feel apprehensive when I rp with 'the master', so this amused me no end. ^_^

Andromeda Fiorelli said:
truth is I always feel apprehensive when I rp with 'the master', so this amused me no end. ^_^
Awww. I don't mean to put you under pressure.

Oooooooooooooooooooooo!

*dances* :woot:

Oh my gosh. You used hearts! The only thing better than hearts is pink hearts!!!!! *squeal* ♥

Just a reminder to those wonderful students who actually do want to do lessons, this is now week 7 and essentially the week where you can try to catch up with any lessons you have missed. Exams will be posted next week except for NEWTs and OWLs. Goodluck

:)

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back