The Bennett Household

Kale was going to say something else to Mrs. Bennett when all of a sudden he felt something grab onto his pant leg. With surprise he staggered to the opposite direction of the ginger haired kid, but quickly regained himself. Kale smiled broadly at the small boy, "Well..hello there." he said with a laugh and got down to the kids level. "A witch? Not exactly. The correct term for 'boy witches' is a 'wizard'." Kale said explaining, hoping that Mrs. Bennett wouldn't think that he was exposing their son of something that they didn't want him to be aware of. Standing back to his full height, with little Thomas clinging to his leg he looked to Estrella and laughed, shrugging his shoulders in the process. The ginger haired boy reminded him freakishly of Mindy's behavior.

(I didn't know whether or not they would be completely open with the witch and wizard stuff, hahah Wasn't sure of the right answer)

Estrella giggled as Thomas asked Kale if he was a witch, and she shook her head.
She asked Margaret, "Where's Luke?" noticing that Carlisle had already left.

((They're pretty open. I mean, carlisle's a werewolf, so they can't keep many secrets. rofl))

Margaret smiled at Estrella. "He's upstairs in his room. He's been quiet lately, but he should be excited to see you," she replied warmly. "Kale, you'll be staying in Luke's room. He will have something set up for you by later tonight; I can assure you he hasn't done it already." She rolled her eyes, then looked to Tommy. "Hey, Tom-cat, isn't Sesame Street on about now?" She was trying to divert his attention from the newcomers, and she nodded at Carlisle as he left the room.

"Oh," Tommy replied, and detached himself from Kale's pant leg, "Okay, Mr. Wiz, I think you're cool!"

His attention disipated however, as his mom mentioned Sesame Street, and he bellowed, "I forgot!" and scuttled over to the tv set, turning PBS channel on, just in time for the annoying jingle of elmo's world to ring in his ears.

Estrella smiled at her Aunt Maggie, throwing her things on the couch. She had meant to talk to Carlisle, but he had already left. Shrugging it off, she beckoned Kale to her, and she said mischieviously, "Follow me." She crawled up the stairs like a cat, noting mentally that the last time she had climbed these stairs was when her father had suddenly returned to her life, and made her way to Luke's room. She could hear the rap music, which was quite raunchy, blasting from his room, and she opened his door quietly, a jovial expression on her face. His back was turned to the door, not having cleaned his room and playing xbox live, a rather negligent sixteen year old.

All of a sudden, she rushed into his room, jumping on him, wrapping her arms around his neck and bellowing, "LUKEY PUKEY!" and planted a kiss on his cheek, which she noted was now devoid of acne. He had had a giant growth spurt since the last time she had seen him, and without his glasses, he looked like an entirely different person.

(fixed :wacko: )
Kale followed after Estrella standing at his full height, "I'm already baffled.." he coughed while approaching the stairs, not exactly as catlike or graceful as her. As they reached the top step, loud music was blairing from her cousins room, music that sounded rather repetative and obnoxious. Kale stood quietly at the door as Estrella jumped on her cousin, still not comfortable with his surroundings.

Luke gave an oof as something jumped on him, and his concentration was taking away from his game. The other guy who was playing, as a result, dominated him in the game, and the word loser in bright green flashed across the screen.

"What was that for?" he snapped, his expression irritable. His expression broke out in a goofy smile, however, as he pried his cousin's arms from him, and tried to flip her onto the floor.

"Ahh!" Estrella yelled out as her hands were tied around her back, and she was flipped onto the floor. She landed on her bum, laughing as she hit the floor, even though it hurt.

"Well, nice to see you too, Pukey!" she commented obnoxiously, her expression mock serious, a smile playing about her lips. "Someone had a growth spurt," she added, noting that Luke was a lot more well rounded and tall at the age of sixteen. It was quite a surprise; when they were children, she was bigger than him, and always had been able to kick his @ss.

Luke let go of Estrella, letting her fall all the way to the floor and smirking. "Well, that's what happens when you disappear for a year and a half." He didn't say it too nicely either, a bit of poison coating his voice, even though he tried to mask it with a smile. Having noticed the kid in the room, he looked pointedly towards the wizard kid, asking, "Who are you?"

Kale stepped into the room and out of the door way, his eyes were fixed on the television screen, he was playing video games? As Estrella's cousin directed his attention to him, Kale looked at him with a crooked smile, "Oh, I'm Kale." he said holding out his hand and trying to sound more friendly, this was someone that he had to be around for a week after all. "I'm going to assume that your Estrella's cousin?" he added smirking slightly, holding his pack on his shoulder.

Luke smirked back at this Kale kid; they were close to the same height, although at an older age he had the advantage. He took the kid's hand, squeezing it a bit more tightly than was needed, and he stared the kid down, sizing him up. He shouldn't be too much to deal with, and looked too nice for his own good. In Luke's mind, the kid would crack like an egg on the sidewalk on a hot day and shrivel up.

"Luke," he introduced himself quickly, his dark eyes full of amusement. "And how old are you?"

Attracted by the ruckus and the obvious scent of hostility, Whisper padded cautiously into the room, growling softly at the two boys from whom the hostility was apperently generating. She was just about to bring her volume higher into one of blatant warning when her nose picked up a vaguely familiar scent, one she hadn't smelled since the Stark Mannor incident.

Glancing up midsnarl, she recognized the Drage girl almost emidiately, though she'd never actually caught the girl's name. The sight of someone familiar was pleasent enough for her to swallow her snarl, but her guard wasn't exactly ready to be dropped.

Estrella reared back as the big dog growled at her, having suddenly noticed its presence. "Hey, girl, I'm not any harm," she stammered, trying to soothe the animal. "When the heck did you guys get a dog?"

If Whisper had been in her human form at the moment, she'd have smiled. As a Shifter and a young one at that, it was easy to forget that most people prefured to assumed that the things they saw were exactly what they appeared to be. Unable to actually grin without looking aggressively, she cocked her head instead and whinned, adapting the famous puppy look in her violet eyes instead.

"Snowball was a stray; Dad found her wandering around on the highway," Luke explained, smirking, but still keeping his gaze trained on Kale as he waited for an answer.

((here's kinda what the room would look like...
755259.jpg

but not so girly, lol))

Kale's grip loosened as the older kids got tighter, he raised his eyebrow for a brief moment, he could already sense the kids anger inside. Brushing it off, Kale stuck his hands in his pockets and stood for a moment, when Luke adressed a question to him he looked back at him, "I'm 13." he stated simply. "How old are you?" Kale inquired, wondering if a casul conversation was possible with this kid.

As a dog walked into the room, Kale looked down at it with a perplexed look. He hadn't ever seen a dog other than in pictures or other forms of media in Flourish and Blotts, it took him by complete surprise. Backing away from it and a bit closer to where Estrella was, he scooted trying not to startle the animal that already looked distressed.

Luke smirked back at the kid, his gaze softening a bit, however. "Well, have you ever been to the states, boyo? You don't sound like you're from around here." He removed his hand from Kale's. "Ever played video games?" He motioned to the tv and xbox console.

"I'm going to go unpack," Estrella announced, getting up from the floor and petting the dog behind the ears, wondering if she would follow. Leaving the room, she went downstairs and grabbed her things, and then brought them up to her old room.

She smirked at the window; it had been fixed, the glass having been broken when she and Liz had made their escape. She sighed as she threw her bag on the bed; it was good to be home.

"No, I'm from Ireland." Kale replied, while his eyes drifted over to the television when Luke announced his second question, "Nope." he said with a shrug at the shoulders, Kale turned back when Estrella said that she was going to unpack. He felt a bit more anxious since he wasn't much of a talker when it came to conversing with strangers, "To tell you the truth, I've never seen a television set...or...one of those." Kale pointed at the video game consol his expression only of confusion.

Luke smirked; so this kid must be a full fledged wizard. Not like Estrella.

"Are you serious?" he asked. "TV is like the god of the modern world." Picking up his remote as an example, he flipped it on for the kid to see.

Luke was not partial to strangers, but at least this kid wasn't some kind of half blood. He still held to the opinion that the wizarding world and the real world, as he thought of it, shouldn't mix, although he never voiced it. It only brought about trouble, and was innately angry at Estrella for it. She had brought all of this grief upon his family, and he partially blamed her. And his father, who had gone sticking his nose in it.

He smirked as he flipped the channels, bringing it to Pimp my Ride, one of his favorite shows, where X-zibit was checking out a pretty ugly car. "This show's pretty cool; I like MTV, even though it really doesn't have any music." He smirked, knowing that the kid was probably confused. "Do you have any favorite musical artists?"

Kale sat his bag on the floor and watched as the televistion screen flickered before him, catchy jingles for advertisements on commercials flashed across the screen and blaired from the speakers, "Why is he taking that guys...car?" he inquired, searching for the correct word, hoping that he wasn't looking like a total loser.

"Well, I haven't heard of much music that you guys listen to...around here." Kale said, he wasn't at all up-to-date with the type of music that was around in the muggle world, "I do like the Shaklebot and Kingsley.." he knew that Luke wouldn't have a clue on what he was talking about, "What were you listening to earlier?" Kale inquired, wondering what the loud repatitve music was before.

Luke smirked. "They're taking old, crappy cars and making them look cooler. It's called 'Pimp My Ride.' Lounging in the seat in front of his tv, he said, "I take it you've never ridden in an automobile before?" He swatted at a fly that started to buzz around his head, and he added, "I want to be an automechanic; I could never stand being a farmer."

He cocked his head to the side. "Never heard of those before," he drawled, "Oh, that? That was Chingy. It's rap music; the best genre ever."

"I've only been in a car on one occasion." Kale said, he didn't feel like bringing up the Stark Manor incident when they stole Carlisles van to save the others. "Haven't been really fond of them since." he shrugged. (Was it Carlisle's car that they stole? lol)

Kale took another look at the television, "Do they have a lot of shows where they fix things like cars?" he asked and added, "Working on a farm doesn't sound like a very exciting way to spend time..wait, does an automachanic work with cars?" Kale inquired, already feeling like he was asking too many questions he stepped back;

[I'm pretty sure it was Tristan's crapomobile... =)) ]

"Oh really? When were you in one?" Luke asked, genuinely interested. If this kid liked cars, he might be okay.

"Yeah, but none of them are as interesting as pimp my ride," he replied to Kale's second statement, looking out the window. It was snowing heavily outside. "Maybe I'll get to take the snowmobile out tomorrow..." he murmured to himself.

However, he snapped back to reality, not wanting to look like an idiot. "But yeah, farming does suck. It's boring as all hell."

"Uhhh...last winter break." Kale muttered, knowing that that was the same time that Carlisle gotten bitten by the werewolf. If Lucas knew what he was talking about he didn't mind talking about it, but he wasn't for bringing it up. Looking out the window, he observed as the snow fell, it was definately different from the snow at Hogwarts. "So, what do you guys do for fun in the snow anyhow?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back