The Bennett Household

"Oh," Luke replied gruffly, knowing that that was around the time his father had been- bitten. He looked away from Kale for a moment, his expression cold. "The snow?" he replied. "You've never seen snow?" His expression was filled with disbelief, "Well, there's snowball fights, snowmobiling, skiing, sledding, tubing... Loads of stuff."

"Oh, no...I've been in the snow. We get only a little from where I am in Ireland and also at school. But nothing like this.." Kale looked out the window, feeling a bit awkward from his latest statement, he stood up a bit straighter wondering what Estrella was doing.

Luke rolled his eyes, out of Kale's vision of course, and thought, This is going to be a long break.

His broad shoulders tensed up as his eyes moved from the television. He smirked, and inquired none too politely, "So, what do you freaks do for fun?"

Estrella sighed as she pulled her old cd player out of the wardrobe in her room; most of her things had been packed away, she observed sadly. Electricity was something that she sorely missed from muggle lodgings, and especially her music.

She pulled out the boombox, a horrid pink thing that she had gotten for Christmas when she was seven, yet she still loved it. She plugged it into the wall, grabbing her cd case, which was not all that full; Luke had pilfered some of her cds, she noticed with distaste. Grabbing one of her mixed cds, she popped it in the cd player, and listened to it, flopping back down on her bed.

She started to sing to the lyrics of My Chemical Romance's Helena. She wasn't a big MCR fan but she still didn't mind it. Lounging back on her bed, she put her hands behind her head, closing her eyes and losing herself to the music.

"What's the worst that I can say?
Things are better if I stay
So long and goodnight
So long and goodnight...."

The Music

She had a lot to think about lately, but instead let it all go, enjoying the time to herself that she had for once.

Lukes comment took him by surprise, he didn't know exactly what he said that was wrong to make Estrella's cousin say what he had said, but took a moment to respond, "Pardon?" he replied in a colder tone.

Luke only smirked back at Kale, and then looked back out the window, and rose from where he was sitting. "Well, I'm going to go see what's to munch on downstairs-" he said, his expression cold. He stood there, waiting to see if the kid would have a response.

Kale stood for a moment and shot Luke a confused look, he didn't want to have beef with anyone; especially if he was forced to stay in a room with him for a week.

Trying to keep his temper in check Kale brushed it off, he didn't want to start trouble on his first day, he decided not to say a word; keeping his face an expressionless a blank slate.

Luke smirked; he had looked forward to a fight, but oh well. He had the rest of the week to hassle this kid. Swaggering out of the door, he made his way downstairs, shaking his head at the music Estrella was listening to.

Kale waited for Luke to exit the room before shaking his head, he didn't want to show that he was already getting to him. After a brief moment he walked toward the room that Estrella was in and knocked on the door to get her attention, he peeked inside and she was layed out on the bed listening to loud music that he had never heard before. Kale was tempted to sneak up on her but waited to see if she noticed he was there before doing anything.

Estrella jumped when she saw Kale, stopping at mid-sing, and her voice caught in her throat. Her cheeks flushed a bright red, her expression embarrassed. "Were you spying on me?" she laughed, a little nervously.

Kale smiled as Estrella cheeks flushed to a bright red color, "No, I just got here." he said with a laugh while walking into the room and sitting down beside her on the bed. "What are you listening to?" Kale asked, already knowing that he wouldn't be familiar with whatever artist it was, he didn't want to tell her about the issue with Luke just yet.

Estrella smiled weakly. "Oh, it's a mixed cd." She giggled as Britney Spears' Hit Me Baby one more time started to play, and she added, "This takes me back a long way." She smiled, sitting straight up on her bed. "It's Britney Spears now; her old stuff was good, but she went kind of insane as she became even more and more famous." She shook her head, and then smiled back up at Kale. "Bored of Luke yet?"

"This music is definitely nothing that I've heard before.." Kale said with a laugh while setting his gaze on her CD player. All of this technology was overwhelming. "This Britney Spears's fame went to her head you say?" he laughed and shrugged her shoulders about the question about Luke, "He's..." Kale paused for a brief moment as he searched for the right word, but couldn't seem to find it. He didn't want Estrella to worry about the little 'conversation', or lack of one in that matter. "He's pretty cool." Kale muttered while twiddling his thumbs.

"Oh, really?" Estrella said, her expression brightening considerably; she was oblivious to Kale's uneasiness. "That's cool." She was worried that Luke and Kale's personalities were going to clash or something.

"So, did you want anything to eat?" she asked, her expression a little more optimistic.

Luke made his way down the stairs, a smirk on his face as he rummaged through the cupboards for some cereal, or possibly some granola bars. His enthusiasm at Estrella being there was present on his sour expression, and he tried to shake off the fact that without her, none of this would have happened. His family would be normal.

He tried to erase the bespectacled boy of his past, trying to put forth the tough image that he presented. He had gotten into the cool crowd at school a few years back, and didn't want to drop out of it. He was still an intelligent kid, even though his grades were dropping considerably; he didn't want to look like a nerd.

Having a freak for a cousin, or a hairy creature out of Van Helsing for a dad would do nothing to help improve his calm, and he tried to ignore it as much as possible, even though he ended up angry all the same. Knocking the cereal bowl onto the floor by accident, he kicked it angrily, sending it and its contents skidding across the linoleum. He then proceeded to leave it there, figuring he would blame it on Tommy or Estrella later.

"Lucas David," Margaret snapped as she saw her son Luke, from the living room, make a mess on the floor and then leave it, "You better clean that up this instant."

Her expression faltered as she saw his distraught expression, and her maternal instincts brought her to his side, her wide blue eyes filled with concern. "What's bugging you, hon?" she asked worriedly. With the way things were these days, she didn't want any more ill spirits in her house.

"It's nothing," Luke grumbled, shoving his mom off and proceeding to grab a broom and dustpan. "Is it okay if I go hang out with some friends tonight? I need to get out." He really hoped that she would say yes, because he didn't want to be stuck here.

"No, tomorrow night, though," Margaret explained, "You need to make sure your guest is comfortable. And clean your room, at that. I know you still haven't." With that, she turned and walked out of the room.

Kale forced a smile at Estrella, "Yeah..." Luke and him were definitely going to be butting heads over the course of his stay, but he would rather not bring it up to her at the moment. She seemed much more carefree and relaxed at the moment and didn't want to ruin it for her. Kale leaned in and gave her a kiss on the lips, "Nahh, I'm not really hungry right now" he lost his appetite when he was uncomfortable in the other room. "But if you are, I'll go with you down to the kitchen." Kale said with a smile while leaning in and giving Estrella an extra kiss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back