The Bennett Household 3

Carl Bennett

Carlisle sighed as he waited downstairs for Estrella and Kale; they needed to be back to school by the next day, and he still had to bring them to the train station by Floo Powder. He ran his hands through his hair sadly; he was going to miss both of them dearly. He had taken a liking to Estrella's Irish boyfriend, and so had the rest of his family, even if Luke didn't want to show it. Twiddling his thumbs, he waited for them as they dawdled upstairs, continuously looking at his watch.

He was sad, but he supposed that he better not spend his life on regret.

Slinging her bag over her shoulder and wearing the bracelet that she had gotten for Christmas, Estrella barged into Luke's room, looking around for Kale and beaming. "Aww, pukey, I'm going to miss you!" she cooed mockingly, hugging Luke quickly, who appeared to be lounging around on his bed.

Luke flushed a bright red, contrasting against his black and blue eye, which now, even looked worse than before; but on the other hand, at least he would go back to school looking tough. "Yeah, I'm going to miss you guys too," he mumbled, finding it hard to admit. He had come to like the Kale kid, even if he had rubbed him the wrong way at first. He felt embarrassed by his actions, even though he wouldn't show it.

Kale stood up as Estrella walked into the room and grabbed his pack while following with slinging it over his shoulder. Like Luke's eye, his was just as bad, a purplish blue surrounding it, Kale looked over at Luke, "Well man, it was nice meeting you.." he said not a hint of his normal sarcasm in his voice, Even though you were a big a-hole at first. Kale held out his hand for a proper shake.

"Hey man, you're not bad yourself," Luke replied, with a grin, taking Kale's hand and clapping him on the back friendily. "Sorry I was such an a-hole at first; things have just been rocky around here lately." I guess I had to take it all out on him, he thought to himself, but didn't voice it.

He observed Kale's eye in amusement. "Hey, look at it this way, we're both going to go back to school looking totally bad@ss," he remarked, smirking.

"I don't need a black eye to prove that I'm a badass." Kale stated cockily with a straight face, immediately following with a smirk and small laugh. "And don't worry about it, everybody has those days." Kale walked to where Estrella was with his only pack that he had brought with him; happy to have packed light for he didn't have to lug a million things on and off the train.

Luke smiled. "Fer sure," he replied, and cracked a grin. "You two take care of yourselves!" he called after them as they left the room.

((Sorry, time's running out.))

"See you later, Luke," Estrella said, hugging him and leaving the room, knowing that Carlisle was waiting. She didn't know when she was ever going to see him again.

Kale gave Luke one last nod, a nod that showed he truely did, deep inside respect the other kid, despite how much they clashed in the beginning. "Later, Luke." he said before exiting the room and walking down the steps behind Estrella where they'd soon meet Carlisle.

Margaret and Tommy strolled into the room where Carlisle was waiting, her expression blank while Tommy's world looked like it had been crushed. Upon seeing Kale and Estrella, she pulled the two of them into a warm hug. "You two be good now, you hear?" she asked, her expression serious and warm at the same time. "I wouldn't want anything to happen- to either of you."

Tommy started to blubber, latching onto Kale's leg. He had grown very attached to the older kid over the past week, and didn't want to see him go. Pearly tears dripping down his face, he grabbed Kale's calf in a death grip, saying, "I don't want you to go!" he whined, and seeing that Estrella was close bye, he said, "You either, Essy." He suddenly became defensive, his expression suddenly haughty and brave. "You're both staying here! They can't take you away from me!"
\

23408189.jpg

Kale hugged Estrella's Aunt back as she pulled them both into a hug, "Thank you for having me for the holiday, I really appreciate it" he smiled and released from the hug as he felt Tommy latch onto his leg--again. Kale looked down at the ginger haired kid and smiled at him, after a moment he crouched down to Tommys level, he was definitely a brave little kid, "Don't worry Tommy, we can always write to you if you want us to." Kale smiled at the little boy and pulled him into a hug, "Estrella and I can't just not go to school."

"Aww, okay," Tommy replied somberly, hanging his head. "But you guys need to come back as quick as you can!" His eyes were bright, and done whining, he sidled over to his mother, latching onto her leg and sucking his thumb, a bad habit that both of his parents were trying to stop him from doing.

"Are you two ready to go?" Carlisle asked Kale and Estrella, a little sadly.

Margaret smiled back at Kale. "You two are welcome anytime," she replied, pulling away and looking sadly back at them; she had come to get used to Kale's Irish accent and Estrella's eccentric behavior, and now, she would miss them.

Kale smiled at Maggie and turned back to Estrella at Carlisles question, "I think so."

Estrella readjusted her bag, looking around the living room, and suddenly moved forward, hugging Carlisle. "I'll write you, okay?" she whispered, her voice wavering.

Carlisle hugged Estrella back tightly, trying to be as careful as possible, as he was considerably stronger since he had 'changed.' He smiled, his expression looking haggard once more, as it was always doomed to be. "I'll be looking forward to that," he said, smiling, and held out a bag of floo powder. "Now, I don't have much of this left, but I think it can get you guys wherever you need to go."

Estrella smiled, and her eyes filling up with tears, she looked back to Kale, and then embarrassed, she grabbed a dash of floo powder, securing her things. She didn't want to look back, and her voice wavering a bit, she intoned loudly, "Hogwarts New Zealand, Ravenclaw House!" and stepping into the green flames, she was at the Bennet Household no more.

Kale noticed the sad look on Estrella's face, he knew how hard it was to say goodbye to people you knew that you wouldn't be seeing in a long while. He gave her a weak smile as she walked into the fireplace and seconds later was gone. Kale grabbed a handfull of floo powder, he gave them a small smile before loudly stating, "Hogwarts New Zealand, Slytherin House." and he was gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back