The Art Of Making A New Friend

Samantha Jacobs

55' grad 🎓 | biggest heart ❤️ olivander's asst.

OOC First Name
Maria
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
ren
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence Of Sphinx Remains
Samantha sat at her house table with boredom. She had her head leaning on her hands and tapping the table. Her other friends were out doing something else. 2nd year had only just begun, but it felt like it was going by really slow for her. Around the great hall, there were many people around. Some faces were familiar and a lot of faces that weren't familiar to her. She only just hoped that she could make a new friend.

Chloe sighed, entering the Great Hall with heavy footsteps. She was tired, and that didn’t even begin to describe what she was feeling right now. She was still feeling overwhelmed and tried really hard to fit in, but it was difficult when she couldn’t even make any friends to begin with. Not that she had made much of an effort but it was definitely something she was regretting, now that she was in second year. She sat down, and in her deep thinking she didn’t realise she had down at the wrong table. Oh, whoops.

While Samantha was sitting at her house table board out of her mind, she noticed that a girl that was probably in her year was sitting near her. She also noticed that the girl was in blue robes and not in yellow robes like herself. Maybe she was waiting for a friend that was in Hufflepuff? Samantha wasn't sure. But Samantha thought maybe a small introduction would help. Samantha cleared her throat. "Hey!" Samantha said with a big smile and waved. "I'm Samantha, and you are?" Samantha said curiously, with a gentle smile.

Chloe looked up when she heard a voice, realising the voice had been speaking to her. She pointed to herself to be sure that it was Chloe the girl was greeting. It seemed like this was indeed the case. Admittedly she was glad for the interruption of her thoughts. "Hi," she said simply, nodding at her introduction. "I’m Chloe. Nice to meet you Samantha," she returned warmly, with a small smile. She noticed only then that the other brunette was wearing yellow robes and her eyes widened slightly. "I’m not supposed to be sitting at this table. Am I?" she winced, her silly mistake sinking in.

I’m so sorry for such a late reply! I lost this topic as a tab on my phone/laptop and only just remembered about it xD

Samantha smiles softly at the girl when she greets herself as Chloe. "It's nice to meet you too," Samantha says with a smile. She laughed a little when Chloe had said that she wasn't supposed to be sitting there. "Eh, I don't think it matters anyway," Samantha says with a shrug and smile. "Are you alright though? It looked like you were thinking really hard there" Samantha says with a small smile.

-
Its alright haha i completely understand

Chloe began to relax a little when the other girl didn’t seem to mind her presence at her house table. She still felt bad about that, but it wasn’t a big deal right? As long as no one remembered about it, it was fine. After all, if anyone asked, she was here to talk to her friend Samantha. She returned a warm smile. "That’s good then" she said lightly. Chloe didn’t really want to tell her too much of her thoughts because she didn’t want to be judged. "Oh, I’m fine, just a bit tired" she admitted. "I was thinking. About school," she added, figuring she could give her that much at least.

Samantha nods when Chloe tells her about how she was thinking about school. "Really? Thinking about school just makes my brain messy" Samantha says as she shakes her head jokingly. Samantha looks around The Great Hall for a few seconds before turning back to the Ravenclaw girl. "Sooo..." Samantha says as she tries to make a conversation. "Do you do in your spear time?" Samantha says curiously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back