Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curved 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Cedar Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Kas,

I don't even know why I bother writing you anymore. You never answered last year, I don't see how this is different. But I guess I have to find an outlet for my feelings somehow and instead of writing in a journal like a normal person I'm writing my jerkwad of a friend who doesn't respond.

Same difference.

I know you would have graduated anyway, but Kas, it really sucks right now without you Connor and Freya here. And at least I got to say a proper goodbye to the two of them. You just disappeared one day, and I still don't entirely know why. Professor Kingsley said something about a basilisk but I know you're not that stupid. So what the hell happened?

In case you care, I'm fine. I got the head boy badge, somehow, and I'm also Quidditch captain. I wish you were here to make fun of me for it. Oh and I broke up with Linden over break. It sucked.

I hope this owl bites you if you don't write back.

Lucas

Lucas,

Some might argue writing a journal would be a lot more healthy. Or at least a lot less likely to give you terrible advice. All things considered though I guess anyone taking my advice these days problem deserves whatever trouble it lands them in.

I'd apologize for the silence, but it's kind of fun having someone mad at me for such a mundane reason so please, keep being mad for a bit longer? I definitely deserve it. Plus angry Lucas is fun to talk to, you could do letting him come out more often I think.

Though, I do wish we'd left on better circumstances, I'd arranged a whole "Leaving Lucas Party" and everything. It would have been glorious, you'll just have to take my word for it. Believe me, what actually happened is probably more stupid and dangerous than whatever you've heard. But I'd much talk about all those shiny new badges of yours. Not sure head boy should be seen sending letters to a criminal like me, but maybe it'll improve your street cred. Judging by what you've said you're in serious danger of becoming the giant square you were always doomed to be without Freya and me. Can't believe you're taking after Connor after everything. At least you'll probably finish school that way.

Sorry about Linden, but I think you're better off. He was boring. You're not. Most of the time. Plus I'm pretty sure I've seen him let the krups lick his mouth at the store.

I am sorry though,

Kas
PS. The owl did bite me, if it makes you feel better. But I think it just has it in for me.

Kas,

I'm definitely still mad you didn't respond. But maybe a little less than I was before. I'll make up my own mind about following your advice, though, thanks.

Please tell me the party thing is a joke, I don't think I could handle it if I missed out on that. You owe me a party once I'm out of here, alright? I won't ask you about what happened if you don't want to talk about it, but if you do I can listen. I don't think I'm taking after Connor all that much, he was actually competent at being headboy and quidditch captain. Besides his speech. Though I did win us our first match of the season, so there's that. At least catching the snitch is something I can do.

I admit, I laughed at your comment about Linden. You never liked him much, did you? I feel bad, though. I was jerk to him. I broke up with him when he had this whole elaborate date planned. It was very sweet, but it felt... suffocating. Like I had the perfect boyfriend for him like he was for me. I couldn't do it. I was really torn up about the whole... you situation. Maybe I'll just blame it on that. It was your fault, actually. (You did ask for angry Lucas)

Besides, I overheard Casper calling Linden cute. It was very awkward. I don't know if there's something going on there and I don't think I want to know. I keep wanting to escape to your dorm but I can't.

You can make it up to me by responding faster, jerk.

Lucas

PS. The owl has been trained to bite on sight.

Lulu,

One might argue you still being mad means you are following my advice already, but I digress. I have now been sufficiently bullied by your owl into replying so maybe we can call a truce on you sending your letters with the mean ones. Maybe you could try sending the next one with something friendlier. Like a threstral. Or a Hungarian Horntail.

And I'd never joke about a party. Don't worry, I promise if you graduate without nearly killing any of your classmates we'll throw you a party with a silly little hat and everything. The hat is non-negotiable.

You're Quidditch captain, headboy, and you're worried about it. I'm sorry to inform you are now Connor 2. I'd call you Prettier Connor but Freya already beat me to using that name, sorry. Good job on the snitch though, glad Hufflepuff decided to actually start being a decent team right before I left. Keep it up, at the very least you can say you're winning out of spite since I'm not there to enjoy it.

I have watched Linden cheerfully slice up too many mice to ever truly like him. Never trust perfect people, they always either want something or are hiding something. Usually both. I stand by my assessment that you are better off. As penance for leaving you stuck alone without your friends for a year, I will accept any and all blame. If you flunk your NEWTs you can blame me too if you like. I'm technically a free man now, though it would have been kind of fun telling you to address the next letter to Azkaban or something, but I could always use a little extra dose of guilt when I get too comfortable.

Arguably, there is nothing stopping you escaping to my dorm except the new occupants. Keep in mind though you have the head boy badge and they don't. If you have learnt anything from my tenure as your friend, let it be the urge to misuse your power every once and awhile.

Vindictive owls aside, I do miss having you guys around to talk about the little things all the time. Thanks for the dose of normalcy.

-Kas

PS. I'm going to have to start signing these letters in blood if you don't pick nicer owls. Hope you can live with that.

Kas,

What is with you calling me Lulu? No. Just no.

I sent a different owl, happy now? The owlery was all out of Hungarian Horntails unfortunately, I checked. I think I can graduate without killing any of my classmates, though sometimes I'm tempted to just get on my broom and fly off. It sucks here now, it really does. It would be the same even if you had graduated last year, so don't go feeling all guilty, but I miss you all so much. I'm holding you to that party, and you're also wearing a silly hat. Maybe two.

I know you're being a bit unfair to Linden, but it still makes me feel slightly better. So thanks for that. You now know you're being silly when you take the blame for me being without you guys, right? It would be just as lonely if you had graduated like a boring person. Years from now I bet we'll laugh at this whole thing. Maybe. But it does feel very like you to leave Hogwarts with a bang like that. And no one actually got hurt... thankfully. I still need your side of the story sometime, but I think that would be better face to face.

I think I'd scare the first years if I barged into their dorm and said I live there now. It also wouldn't be the same, even if their maturity level is about right.

I miss you too, and the fact that you admitted to it makes me slightly worried. Are you alright?

- Lucas (not Lulu)

PS. If this owl bites you it's your own fault, I said nothing to it.

Fletcher,

Your magnimus choice of owls has been noted and is appreciated. This one seems to only wish me contempt instead of outright murder so I'll take it.

I'm glad to hear you're going to make it, I tried to set the bar low but all things considered you never really know what's gonna happen. Flying off into the sunset would be a pretty flashy way to leave, though maybe you can save it for your head boy speech. Hope writing that's coming along well and not at all soul-crushing or anxiety inducing. It's only in front of all your family and peers. For one of the more important days in their lives. No pressure, right? You make it without choking and I will wear as many silly hats as desired, pinky promise.

It is my sworn duty as your sage and older friend to trash any and all boyfriends, ex-boyfriends, professors, roommates, or anyone who looks at you funny. Not that I wouldn't do it anyway, but doing it in the name of friendship gives me an excuse regardless. As does being guilty in the name of friendship. If I can't beat myself up over things I have no control over then how else am I spend all my free time? It would be nice if you wanna swing by the shop some time after school though. Can't promise you'll get any dramatic retellings but I can at least give you a good deal on owl pellets or something.

Though speaking of, you given any thought to things after school? Famous Quidditch star? Vicious Owl Wrangler? Wandering Vagrent? Freya can probably give you tips on that last one if you can ever find her.

Don't worry about me, I get maudlin when I'm bored and the boomslangs at the shop don't want to talk to me anymore after I spent too long trying to explain Quidditch to them. Guess I'll have to settle for living vicariously through you for awhile instead.

-Kaskas

PS. Your incredibly well mannered and beautiful owl who is definitely not reading over my shoulder found me fine, but you can send any future owls to the Summer's place, I'm staying there now.

Kas,

Please don't call me Fletcher either, you know my name. First name, I mean. Jerk. And it's not my fault owls just hate you, I guess? I didn't pick this one because it hated you, I promise. Though maybe next time I should go up to the owlery, show them all a picture of you and pick the one that looks the least angry and murderous?

Ending my head boy speech by flying off into the sunset would be something. Bold of you to assume I've started writing it already. I'm still in the 'having nightmares about it' stage. Please shut up about it or I'll make you wear three silly hats. If you want, you can hear it. I mean. I have an invite I wouldn't use otherwise. If you want. I mean, you don't have to. I know it's probably not a great idea, but I'd like you to. I mean If you want you can come you can.

So that's why you trash everyone? I guess I'm lucky to have such a sage friend. I actually have an update on the Linden front. He's dating Casper. You know, my other roommate. I feel weird about it, though I broke up with him so I shouldn't. Feel free to trash him some more, I'll feel better even though I still think you're being harsh on him. I'd like to swing by the shop sometime when I'm finished with school, though I don't trust you not to sell me some weirdly obnoxious pet.

I don't know what I want to do yet. I kind of want to try the Quidditch thing, but it feels a bit... presumptuous? Like I'm not that good. As if to prove that point, we lost the final match against Slytherin. I barely got to the air before the Slytherin seeker got the snitch, it was infuriating. I might give it a shot, at least. No idea what else I want to do, honestly.

As your annoying younger friend it's my job to worry about you. Try to talk to people instead of snakes, please?

- Lucas (Not Fletcher)

PS. Why are you living with Lysander? Is there romance in the air or???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back