Ten Reasons Plus One...on why I hate my Brother

Theodore waited until his girlfriend and friends had had their attack in and managed to knock Xavier to the ground before he stepped over and sighed. He had a nasty headache forming and the only thing he could think of right now was just killing his brother and heading back to the dorm Room for a nice long nap to just get away from the world and everything in it, but life was not going to be kind to him was it? Bending down and grabbing his brother by the collar of his shirt he didn't hesitate on pulling him up to his feet but still holding him firmly by the collar, annoyance was obvious in his eyes and as the oldest of those against Xavier he figured it was finally his job to say something. "I was just going to let them tear you apart, but your bugging me and I don't like you touching them...it's gross." He answered lazily, still holding the older boy by his collar but keeping a stern eye on him before it drifted to the others that had all spoken their minds already. Maybe Xavier didn't understand at all what was happening to some of these kids right now, how he didn't was purely against Theodore because from what he heard the boys mother was even worse than his father. "Not only are you low enough to go around flirting with little girls, but your also bringing down Hilde's status whenever she is seen with scum like you. I'm sick of it and I'm sick of you." He released his brothers collar and shoved the older boy back roughly, scowling the whole time he did so. Some of his blonde hair blew into his face as his dark emerald green eyes stared down at his brother hatefully, he had never liked his brother and he never would so this didn't bother him one bit.

"Hilde, what do the hell you think you are doing? Just f*cking date Shane, do you seriously have to come over and give us more trouble? And Ariah, trying opening your eyes a little kid...you'd be surprise how much someone else out there cares for you." His eyes drifted to Levi for a moment before he sighed and stepped away for a moment, he waved his hand softly as if to tell all of them to commence in torturing the piece of filth because he was done speaking to him about the idiotic behavior he was causing between everyone.

Everything happened so fast around Hilde that she didn't know where to look. Fire, water, rocks, punches...they were all flying and it was all she could do to stay out of the line of fire. She was pissed at all of them by this point. Aleyha and Theodore for starting this all up. Levi for throwing punches and trying to screw with Ariah's feelings. Kaleb for punching Xavier. Xavier for calling her friends names. Ariah for throwing rocks. All of them were at fault right now, herself included. "Stop it! This is ridiculous. Theodore this is all your and Aleyha's fault! What business is it of yours who I date or don't date? If you want me to ****ing date Shane, tell him to ****ing man up! Its not only my decision!" she yelled at them, primarily at Theodore.

"And you," she said turning on Xavier. "They are not idiots, though they might be acting like it right now. I want you to apologize - especially to Ariah. She is not just some dumb little girl! She is my friend and you will respect her." Her voice supported the fire in her eyes as she knelt down by her boyfriend, hoping to protect him from further assault. She might be pissed at the whole lot of them at the moment, but she still did care about Xavier and didn't want to see him hurt further.

"Quite frankly, I don't care who's fault it is," coldly spoke Professor Kalif Styx with a frown on his face. His arms were crossed over his chest. Kalif was recently promoted to Slytherin Head of House because of Mercer's disappearance. Slytherin needed a new leader, and now Kalif has assumed the position. He glowered down at the other students. "I am highly disappointed in the lot of you, and I want explanations and I want them immediately." Kalif's eyes scanned the area, and dismissed some students that were watching nearby. Kalif noticed that it was only his students, Slytherins, and one Hufflepuff. The head of house for that one can deal with Xavier Snow. Kalif will have to deal with Theodore Snow, Aleyha Devearux, Kaleb Styx, Leviathan Zhefarovich and Ariah Rowan himself. This should be interesting indeed.

Ariah kept her gaze on Levi even while both Theodore and Hilde finally exploded and got their words in about the whole situation and how foolish everyone was acting, for some reason she couldn't look away from him. He had been the one giving her all those beautiful gifts and those really sweet notes, he tried to impress her, and someone told him to be mean to her for some reason? Whether or not he wanted to tell her or admit it something was going on and she was going to talk to him about it later, she needed to know why he would do all of this and why he didn't just tell her in the first place. "Uh oh..." Ariah turned her head when she heard someone, a much older sounding someone say that they didn't care who's fault it was from behind her. She turned her head and jumped in surprise, it was their Head of House look not all that pleased to see any of them right now. On top of that he wanted an explanation as to what happened and she really had no idea why any of this was happening, she had only come along to stop them from harming Xavier but she didn't know why they were going after him.

"Professor, I'm not really sure what happened. I just came to um..." Ariah became small and meek as she tried to explain herself and what had happened, she really had no idea and now she was going to get in trouble, she lowered her face and stared at the ground as she willed herself not to cry. She felt like such a bad person right now, it wasn't even funny. When she heard Aleyha mutter something that sounded like; 'Well if Ariah wasn't engaged to Levi,this would not have happened.' She whipped her head in the direction of the albino girl because this wasn't the first she had heard someone mention or or the subject or marriage around her. Weirdly enough even her and Levi's names were being nominated for first to get married, what was going on? "I really don't see where all of you are getting the idea that I'm getting married to Levi at. Because I'm not!" she huffed and turned away so she wouldn't have to look at him or the Professor that had busted them for being dumb. This day was turning out to be a very bad day for her and if anything she hoped that they were let off with a simple warning or something because she never had and never wanted to ever serve a detention or lose house points.

Xavier had never met Professor Styx face to face before, but of course he had heard stories from others in his House, his siblings, and he oddly enough was also married to Nicolette who was someone that Xavier knew surprisingly well despite him not being around the Snows that long. "Thanks Hilde." He stated to her softly before he lightly kissed her cheek and sighed, this man did not look friendly so he expected the worse to happen to all of them. For some reason this moment right here reminded him of all the times Trilby had given him detention for his behavior, he always thought it was so funny and amusing that it never bothered him when she did. But right now he was terrified of getting into trouble because it was not the same as it used to be this, this time it was because of Theodore's wrath.

"I'm not sure why it really happened either, all I know if that Theodore and is friends came up and before I knew it Leviathan attacked me because I touched her and some were upset about Hilde and I." He explained what he knew, he was not entirely sure why Levi attacked him or why Theodore was so upset that he had a girl, but obviously something really strange was up and there was not really much he could do to explain it. Sighing he turned to look at Hilde, maybe she had an idea of what happened.

Hilde froze as she heard the voice from behind her. Professor Styx. Shane's uncle. He just heard everything that she had said about his nephew. Then Xavier kissed her on the cheek and, well, she really just didn't care anymore. If Shane wanted to be with her, he just needed to step up and do something about that. In the mean time, she was not about to wait around for someone who may or may not want to be with her. "Professor, what I know is this. Ariah heard Theodore and Aleyha in the common room say they were going to do something to Xavier and she was scared and got me. I was not about to let anything happen to my boyfriend. I don't know why exactly they would attack him, or what the other two's issue is. Only thing I could figure out is that they were trying to defend Ariah's feelings or something." She turned and glared at the younger Snow and her room mate. "I don't think they even cared that Ariah and I had worked things out about Xavier. My only reason for coming out here was to make sure that my boyfriend was safe. Same as Ariah." Hilde knew that Professor Styx was a wild card in this situation. He could be cool and level-headed or colder than Antarctica and downright mean. She had heard about some of the detentions that he assigned out to other students. Moving closer to Xavier, she wrapped her arms around his waist, snuggling next to him for protection.

'Of course!' Theodore immediately recognized the cold voice that spoke out after the argument between the group hastily finished, after all Professor Styx and Theodore seemed have grown quite 'close' after all the time they spent together. Resisting the urge to roll his eyes he turned to regard their newest Head of House with respect before his eyes turned back to his brother and snorted hatefully at the way him and Hilde were acting with one another, him and Aleyha have been the same way but for some reason he found the thought of someone loving his brother to be the most revolting thing he had never heard or seen in his life. "You two are disgusting." Theodore spat at them hatefully before he flipped some of his blonde hair out of his face, usually he would be throwing a fit but not only did he realize that right now he needed to grow up and Styx was now their Head of House which meant he could get in more trouble than before. 'Yeah were all screwed now.' Even if it meant a more strict behavior so be it, at least Theodore believed that Styx could handle being the Head of House, unlike the other two that had stepped up after Manteia had left, maybe now those air headed first years would learn to chill out.

"Honestly, My brothers a dumb*ss. My father told him not to date and to focus on school. He doesn't listen and who's going to get punished for it..me. And on top of it he went off and made Ariah cry. Trust me there's a lot more to it then what he knows." Theodore explained it vaguely because not all of it could be mentioned in front of people who were not part of the family or even from the type of family that he was from. He figured or at least hoped that Professor Styx would catch up on that and understand him being vague. When Aleyha mentioned something about the marriage that Ariah could onto and began to question about he let his gaze shift to Levi, someone was going to have to tell that poor girl what was going on and it should probably be him to do it since it was his idea to not tell her in the first place.

After Aleyha muttered something, Ariah went off, and Professor Styx had arrived. She bit her lip before she bowed her head to the older man. It was a family tradition and she respected him. Or feared him. Whichever worked best. Aleyha snickered, "I guess some people still don't know about arranged marriages. Guess we weren't the only ones, Theodore." Aleyha shrugged, and watched her cousins remain silent. "Actually, Professor Styx, I think that this is all a bit misunderstanding. We were just taking up for someone in the family that had gotten hurt. And he was about to attack me. After I set him on fire, but that is besides the point." Aleyha then stood next to Theodore, and knew that they were all in deep trouble now.

Kalif regarded all of their words, but to him, they were nothing but pinning the blame on each other. His eyes narrowed on the couple, and he warned coldly, "This is no time to get all cuddled. Six inches apart, now." He shook his head at the students before him. From what he had seen, the only one that had not physically attacked was Hilde, but she did not run to get a professor either. Nonetheless, he was not sending anyone away to go unpunished. Kalif decided to take a direct approach at them all. This would take a while. "Ms. Rowan, shape up. You should not have thrown a rock at...Xavier Snow. You are wise to not back-talk to me, however. Though it appears some people have not revealed certain information as they should have." His eyes went to Leviathan for a moment. Then they landed on the next person to speak. Xavier. "I may not be the Head of your House, but you probably should wise up a bit and walk away from a fight. Not provoke it. Thus, I highly suggest you go to your Head of House for punishment. Now."

Impatience claimed his tone. Now, his cold gaze was upon Hilde. "Ms. Lindstrom, I highly expected more out of you than also assisting in provoking. What you should have done was searched out a professor to stop this before it escalated. Because you have foolishly taken matters into your own hands and made them worse, you are not getting out of trouble on this one." Kalif gazed over at Theodore, and he stated, "I admire your honesty, but that is not needed. I did not see you do any damage, but you were still involved." Kalif turned to face Aleyha. "As for you, you don't need any more detentions or else your classwork will be replaced by your foolish actions. You were doing well with staying out of trouble, but next time, mind your own business, even if it was for family or not, this is school. School has completely different laws you will have to go by."

Finally, he would have to speak to the final two boys. Firstly, Kaleb. "Kaleb Styx, my own son, you came out here, and threw a punch. That landed you into trouble. Learn to think." Finally, Leviathan. "You are the cause of this physical fighting it would seem, aren't you. Last I heard, you were merely getting detentions for sleeping in class, and now you are fighting. A sorry improvement to stay awake. Next time you try to pull something stupid, allow yourself to get into trouble, not all these others to fall along with you." Kalif motioned toward the other students with his gloved hand. "Slytherins, I will give you two options: one, I will deduct house points, and you will be on your merry way, or two, you will be given detention, but all the house points will remain intact. Note this, your detention would be on different days, and each of you will be paired. What will it be?"

Well he didn't tear them to small tiny pieces like Ariah thought he would have, instead he seemed to talk to them in a very level-headed way that most people probably assumed he wasn't capable of. When it came turn for him to speak to her she almost mentally winced when he spoke up and told her to shape up, and that she should not have thrown a rock at Xavier. "I'm sorry, sir." She stated, knowing fully well that there was nothing much she could say or do to defend herself because what he said was true and she felt bad for it. What he said about someone not revealing information like they should have she raised her head and looked at him on confusion, was this something else that had to do with Levi too or was something else going on that didn't concern her at all?

"I'll take the detention Professor, it's unfair to take points from the whole house. But..what do you mean by paired up?" Ariah assumed he meant that they would be serving detention with someone else if they all chose getting the detention over losing house points. If that was what he meant she hoped that she would get paired to serve Detention with Hilde or maybe even Aleyha permitting that she was in an alright mood, and there was one person she really hoped she was not paired with as well. 'Pleeaase don't pair me up with Levi! Please!' She thought to herself as she awaited to see what the others would do, maybe most of them would decide to take house points way instead and they would all not have to serve anything.

Theodore was relieved that for once he was not someone who seemed to be getting in the most trouble here, but he did feel sort of bad that Aleyha and the other two seemed to be getting more trouble when he was the one that allowed them to go out and beat on his brother. "I'll take the detention too." Slytherin was winning right now for House Points and he didn't want to screw that up for them while they were doing such a good job at keeping ahead of all of the other houses. Glancing at Aleyha he wondered if she would take the detention too, maybe they would get paired up to have detention together and he would be way less bored while serving it then he usually was.

Xavier was told by Professor Styx to go see his Head of House right away and even though he felt relief that he wouldn't have to deal with what these guys were going through, but he knew he was probably going to be in just as much trouble as they all were. Hilde and Xavier had separated from their cuddling but he gave her a soft reassuring smile that told her that he figured everything was going to be alright in the end, a little detention or two wasn't going to stop him from dating her and hanging out with her, not even Theodore could take that away from him so easily. Okay. I'll see all of you guys later. Hilde meet me in the Great Hall later." He leaned over and kissed Hilde's cheek softly before he rose and patted her cheek softly, he hoped that Professor Styx didn't go too roughly on them because he found them all to be quite funny with their little attitude problems that they put out there. "Later cutie pie!" He also fluffed Ariah's hair too, it was his way of almost apologizing to her that he was sorry for hurting her feelings and calling her stupid, and Leviathan couldn't go after him now that a Professor was present..so he figured it was all good. With once last look he headed back up to the castle to received whatever punishment the Head of House was going to give him.

Hilde blushed as Professor Styx ordered her to step apart from Xavier. She was not happy at all with being busted, and cringed inwardly when she was informed that she was in as much trouble as the rest. "Yes, sir," was all she said to her new Head of House. She did relax just a bit as Xavier kissed her, one of their first times actually showing affection in public like that instead of trying to keep things under wraps as they had been. Watching him walk away, a small smile formed on her lips.

Turning to look directly at Professor Styx, she straightened her shoulders and held her head high. "I will opt for the detention as well, sir." She knew that things could get ugly, but at least she was not losing any of their hard earned points.

"Detention," three voices rang in unison. Kaleb's, Levi's, and Aleyha's. Aleyha sure as well did not want to hear who they were going to be paired up with. She wanted Theodore so much. Things with him would go along so smoothly. Aleyha held her breath, to see what happened next.

"All six of you will be pairing up to serve detention. You will not choose who you are pairing up with either. That will be my doing to ensure that none of you get distracted while serving detention. Hilde," Kalif directed his gaze toward her, "you will be serving detention with Aleyha. Kaleb, you and Theodore will be serving detention. So, that leaves, Leviathan and Ariah." Kalif picked all of them out of random, and knew that some were against each other. At least this way, some issues will be resolved. He had to pick days for all of them as well.

"Hilde and Aleyha, you will be scrubbing the dueling arena, no magic allowed, with a small item. This will occur on the following Monday." Kalif's hardened gaze landed on Kaleb and Theodore. "The same goes for you two, only with the kitchens. Give the elves a break. This will occur on the following Wednesday. And finally, Ariah and Leviathan." Kalif thought for a moment for theirs as well. He was growing less creative and cruel with these detentions. "Owlery, the following Friday. To entertain yourselves in the meantime, you six will write a three feet worth of parchment on why you don't fight and all the consequences that can become of it. Now, get out of my sight before I make the six of you tend to the man-eating plant."

Ariah was bummed to here that she was getting detention and she did not get to chose who she was serving detention with, because Professor Styx thought it would be a distraction to be paired with the people they actually wanted to be paired with for the detention. As she listened to the detentions being passed out her heart immediately sunk when Hilde was paired with Aleyha and she knew her two options for being semi-comfortable while she served her detention was immediately wiped away because the only three left were huge bullies to her. If anything out of the three she would have preferred to get stuck with Kaleb out of anyone, but when she heard that he had been paired up with Theodore she knew there was only one person left and it was the one person she had not wanted to pair up with. "B-but why him? He'll just be mean to me and we'll never get anything done!" Ariah said quietly, but still loudly enough for all of them to hear her and get the idea that she was not happy about who she got detention with. She avoid his gaze just because she didn't want to see what his expression would look like and if he was anymore upset with her than she was with him. Secretly Ariah saw no problem with it but she didn't want to get

"Ugh this is so going to stink. I'll see you Friday then!" She said softly to Professor Styx and Levi before she sighed and began to walk off to the castle, why did she have the feeling that Friday was going to be one of the worst days in her entire life.

Hilde glanced over at Aleyha and bit her tongue. It was going to be interesting not only living with Aleyha in the same dorm, but then having to serve detention with her? That was going to be interesting. She just hoped that neither of them would be torturing her about Shane. Having two members of the Zhefarovich family and her in one room, alone, well, it didn't really make Hilde too comfortable. She nodded her acknowledgement of the instructions to her new Head of House, and headed back to the castle to see if Xavier was in the Great Hall yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back