Taking It All In

"Thanks Asher that really means a lot to me" Noah said. Noah looked at Asher for a long time. Not knowing what to say or how to say it. She was there for him at a time when he felt like he should be alone or at least he thought he deserved to be nothing but alone.

Asher smiled. Ok...I can't help it...I have to say it... "Noah, I want to tell you something, but I don't want you to feel like you need to say anything back...I just can't keep it to myself anymore." Asher hung her head and closed her eyes. "Noah, I'm not falling in love with you....I've already fallen. Noah, I love you." Asher winced as she waited to hear his footsteps walking away.

Noah could tell that Asher had to say something serious. he wondered what it was. Was she finally finding out that she didn't want to be with him? Was he too much trouble for her? Did he say to much? Noah wasn't sure so he decided to just nod his head when she said that she had to tell him something and that he wasn't supposed to say anything back. Noah watched Asher hang her head and her eyes seemed to be closed This can't be good Noah thought

Then Asher began by saying that she wasn't falling in love with him Oh god Noah thought wanting to erase this conversation but then Asher continued. She had said three words that Noah didn't imagine hearing. SHe had just said that she loved him.

Noah looked at her for a long time not saying anything. What was he supposed to say. She didn't want him to say anything. He was glad for he didn't know how to respond right now.

Asher looked up into Noah's eyes and gave a small smile. "I'm sorry, I know I kind of sprang that on you. I understand that you weren't ready." She wasn't mad, she had expected him to run, she was happy that he'd stayed.

Noah let out a small smile "You have nothing to say sorry about" Noah said "It did just catch me off guard." Noah said. He hadn't expected it at all "Really I thought you were going to break up with me or something along those lines" Noah said feeling quite silly that it was quite the opposite.

Asher's eyes were filled with shock. "Oh my goodness! Noah, I wouldn't dream of it! I thought you would want to break up with me after I told you." Asher chuckled.

Noah now smiled more of a smile of relief than anything else. Then Noah began to laugh. "Well I guess we both worried about silly and nonexisting Problems" Noah said more relaxed now. He still did not think he could say those three words to Asher though. Sure he was falling in love with her sure he considered himself already fallen but still. He could not bring himself to say them and he hoped she didn't mind.

Asher knew the internal struggle Noah was feeling. She reached up and ran her fingers through his hair. "Don't worry. I don't need you to say anything. You'll say how you feel when you're ready, and that will be the best day of my life. But I have no problem waiting." Asher smiled reassuringly.

Noah looked up at her without much to how. How could he possibly say anything to her as she was so understanding so caring so well....." You're amazing" Noah said as his thoughts and words collided. It was true at the moment that was the only word Noah could think of that discribed Asher and that even didn't do her enough justice.

Asher smiled and turned a light shade of pink. "The only reason I'm amazing is because I have you. Noah, you've made me such a different person, and I can never thank you enough." Asher gently took his hands in hers and looked into his eyes. "You're the amazing one."

Noah smiled softly as he saw Asher go a slight color of pink. "Don't even say that" Noah said grinning "You always had the same person inside of you and that person.. you.. are amazing. I really have nothing to do with it" Noah said smiling at her as he spoke. He felt her take his hand and he glady took hers. Somehow the connection seemed even stronger when they held hands he didn't think that was even possible

Asher smiled brightly. She leaned in and wrapped Noah in a affectionate embrace. "How did I get so lucky?" she whispered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back