Taking a walk through the garden.

Kailey Harrington

OOC First Name
Kelsey
Wand
12 1/2" Firm Fir Wand with the essence of Dragon Heartstring
Kailey walked into the garden. Sure she had been in it before but she had only gotten fruit and left, Never taking time to look at the whole garden. Today she was hoping to look around the whole thing. Sure she had homework she should be doing but she still had a couple of days to finish it. She stopped at a rosebush, She didn't like to pick flowers because it caused them to die but she did love to smell them. She kneeled down and smelled one of the smaller white roses. That is until a bee flew up out of it. "AAAAAAHHHH!" she screamed running a good distance away from that particular Rose. She was glad that the garden was empty or that would have been embarassing. She stopped at the Weeping Willow tree, It really was a beautiful tree.

Grande entered the garden. This place was now one of his favourite places in Hogwarts. He walked through the garden looking at the flowers and tree, that had been planted. As Grande turned a courner he saw a girl run away from the roses. He then saw a bee come out. Grande smiled and walked towards the bee. He held out his hand and the bee landed on it. He smiled as it was on his hand and slowly moved around it. Grande was not scared of bees, no he liked bees. Grande walked towards the willow tree and saw that the girl whom Grande now recongized as Kailey, an old friend. He flicked the bee away gently and walked over to Kailey. "You know that bee was more scared of you than you were of it." Grande said "Do you mind if I sit with you?" Grande asked polietly.

Kailey had been looking at the Weeping Willow when she heard someone say the Bee was more afraid of her than she was of it. She turned around to see a boy she recognized as Grande, an old friend. "You saw that?I thought the garden was empty." Kailey asked, She turned pink and gave an embarassed chuckle. "I'm afraid of bee's Which since I love gardens and flowers is kind of a bad thing." she said thinking about all of her encounters with bees most being similar to what had just happened. She was stung by a red wasper when she was little and it turned out that she was allergic to all types of waspers. She didn't know if it was the same with bee's or not but she really didn't want to find out. "I don't mind." she replied

Grande sat down. "I only saw you run away and heard the scream a bit." Grande said "That bee was friendly. I find that if your calm with it, it will be calm with you and not sting. Its been a long time since we last talked." Grande commented.

"I find it hard to be all that friendly with something that may be able to kill you with one sting." Kailey said "It has been a while hasn't it?" she didn't remember them talking at all since they shared a compartment on the Hogwarts Express.

"I'm different. I like bees, I guess you have to not be scared of them to like them." Grande said smiling "Do you remember that when we first met on the express, we promised to be the best of friends."

"I would probably like bee's if I wasn't afraid of my allergy of waspers would carry over to bee's." Kailey said, Upon being asked if she remembered how on the train they had promised to be the best of friends Kailey said "Yeah, I do remember that, and yet here it is a year later and we're not as close as we promised we'd be. I guess that goes to show what can happen in a year.Well, It's been almost a year and a half now."

"Your allergic to wasps, interesting." Grande said "Yeah it does. Really does show, do you remember Mark, he sat with us too?"

"It's really bad when I get stung by one." she said remembering her stay in the hospital. "Mark? I remember him...I wonder what happened to him." Kailey said

"I think he moved to a different school." Grande said "How are classes going then?"

"Probably, Classes have been going better than last year so far." Kailey said "How have yours been so far?"

"Classes are going good. Its all good." Grande said "Do you have a favourite subject?" Grande asked.

"Well, I like Transfiguration but the animate to inanimate stuff is a bit unsettling. I just couldn't turn the chipmunk into a statue, I didn't have the heart to do it." she said "My favorite class is probably Potions or Charms. Do you have a favorite class?"

"Thats bad. I'm not always a big fan animals so I was okay with it." Grande said "My favourite subject would have to be History of Magic."

"I see, everybody has different opinions on the Animate to Inanimate Transfiguration. I like History of Magic too. But I like Herbology more." Kailey replied

"I don't herbology."Grande said "I really don't like it."

Kailey shrugged "Some people like it others don't. I love plants so I like Herbology, Is there a reason you don't like it?" Kailey inquired hoping she wasn't overstepping any boundaries.

"I don't really like it because it reminds me too much of Biology. I did that in the muggle school I attend and the class weren't enjoyable so that kind of passed on to Herbology." Grande explained.

"Ahhh...Well I was never in biology. While I excelled at math and Algebra in muggle school I'm complete crap in anything like Science. Which is why it's a bit weird that Potions is my best class. Although it reminds me more of cooking than Science." Kailey replied

"I did okay. I was good at english litature which was really quite good. If I hadn't had come here I would have probably gone on to teach english or something like that." Grande said "Potions to me was kinda like Chemistry, only a bit more interesting."

"I never had chemistry either...Like I said before I never got any advanced placement in science. I was pretty good in litature, that class is probably the reason I read so much today." Kailey replied just then a huge bee flew up from behind Grande's head right into her vision. She bit her lip and grasped the edge of the bench determined not to run screaming.

Grande looked at Kailey as she griped the edge on the bench. When he saw the bee, Grande knew why she was doing this. He pt his hand across and placed it under the bee. The bee settled in his hand and Grande moved his hand back. "Nothing to be afraid of."Grande said looking at the bee and lightly stroking it. "Just be calm with them" and with that Grande flicked the bee lightly away.

Kailey shuddered "I'm not afraid of them, I'm afraid of what they would do to me if I were to get stung. I'd probably be like you were with them if it wasn't for that." she felt the need to explain herself once more. Just then another bee went flying by stopping in front of her before going along it's own way. "Sh!t...I swear I think they can smell fear!"

"We are in a garden so bee are likely. Why don't why walk around then bees might not come." Grande suggested.

"I know that, they just always seem to fly around me more than others. Sure lets go walk around." Kailey agreed getting up from her seat on the bench.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back