Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Estrella was attempting to cool off as much as possible. Multitudes of different frustrations were piling on her with the forever looming presence of OWLs. Her stresses were definitely not alleviated when she couldn't even do a stupid spell properly in Transfiguration. By the time she had made it down the many staircases her tears had run dry. Luckily she had been carrying around her winter cloak, even with the oncoming spring. She sighed as she reached the gardens, taking in the signs of new life around her. Of course, there were dead, wilted things, like gardens were supposed to be in winter. The sixteen year old girl could not help smiling at the sign of green sprouts, pushing up amongst all of the death that the cold had caused.

She sighed as she pulled her cloak tightly about her frame, trying to push thoughts of the mouse out of her mind. As much as she hated the little pests she could not help feeling horrible for splinching it with her magic. She rather hoped that no one had seen her obvious failure. She felt like a terrible person, and was reminded of exactly how much responsibility one of magical blood carried with their spells.

Jaken ran out to the garden, following the Ravenclaw girl. He had witnessed her running out of the lesson, crying. It concerned him a great deal. He didn't bother taking his school stuff to his dorm first. He stopped running and turned it into a walk. He stopped by Estrella, and smiled hopefully at her. He looked at the new plants before them. Jaken wanted to ask what happened in Transfiguration, but decided not to. He wanted to make her happy, and wondered how to do it. He said softly, "Beautiful spring, isn't it?"

Estrella jumped as someone's voice reverberated in her years. She had been so immersed in the surroundings about her she had not been on her normal guard. Blushing a bit, she spun around to observe Jaken, recognizing him for his voice long before she saw him. He must have seen her burst out of the lesson. She hoped avidly he hadn't seen her blunder. Attempting a failing smile, she replied waveringly, "Yeah, it's really beautiful out. I hope it stays like this." Personally, she could not wait for things to warm up. The oncoming summer, however, faced her with OWLs and of course, what her options were. She knew what she wanted to do. Her grandfather would not be happy with her decisions but she had made up her mind. She had told no one of this of course.

Jaken laughed softly at her jumping at the sound of his voice. He smiled at her and gave her a small peck on the forehead. He gazed over the scenery before returning to her. "I never noticed the surroundings before, but then again, in Durmstrang, it isn't nearly as warm as this now. Summer is coming, fast." Jaken wondered what rested before the summer break. He was curious to whether he would be going to Bulgaria with his mom, or go to Germany and visit with his aunt and his other cousin, Vialine. She was more pleasant than Vasilka. His grey were bright and happy.

"I know," Estrella muttered quietly. Her expression was void of any nostalgia as she cast her gaze to the ground. Her insides squirmed around as she fought with indecision. She was not sure whether to tell Jaken what she was planning to do over the summer. The sixteen year old girl remained silent as she hugged her sides. She was still not sure how she was going to pull everything off but she hoped that things would snap into place.

Jaken stared at her, wondering what she was thinking. She was upset in Transfiguration, maybe she was remembering what made her cry? He didn't know, and he worried over her well being. Jaken patted her shoulder for comfort. He wasn't really looking forward to leaving the school. However, he was curious to who that man was in his dream. They shared the same type of eyes, but then again, the man might be trouble or Jaken simply making it up. Jaken asked Estrella, "Well, if I do go to Bulgaria for the summer, or even to Germany, would you like me to write to you?" He had never wrote to a female outside of family, and hoped he wouldn't make a fool of himself.

Estrella looked up with a minute smile. "Of course you can write to me!" Her smile faded as her expression fell. "But I'm- I'm going to be far away." She bit her lip, not sure whether to tell him anything else. She did not plan to go to her grandfather's, which was a somewhat reasonable distance from where Jaken was going to be. She hadn't told anyone, not even Lily. Luke had given her more than enough reason to come home for at least some part of the summer.

Jaken stared at her for a moment, confused. She was going to be far away? He thought for a minute, and figured that she wasn't going to be at her grandfather's. He assumed she would be going to another family's house. Jaken gave a small grin, "I am sure our owl can find you. She is a fiesty and fast little thing. However, she only travels at night." He shrugged. He still wasn't sure whether he was going this summer. It was coming, and he still hasn't made up his mind. Although, he did miss his little sister and brother.

"Can she fly," Estrella gulped a bit, "Over the ocean?" She knew that that was a rather long trek for owls. She had full intentions of returning to America for the summer. She wished she could invite Jaken along but she simply couldn't. This was something she would have to do on her own. She wished dearly to see the rest of her cousins but she would only be meeting with Luke this time around. Even he had sworn not to tell his parents.

Jaken narrowed his eyes suspiciously. He answered, "She sends and receives letters from my aunt to my dad, and my aunt is in Germany. So, I am sure she can fly a long distance." He paused, smiling, "It might take her a few days though." He wondered where she would be, but then quickly decided that it wasn't any of his business. If she was going to be doing something dangerous, then yes, it would. However, to Jaken, she didn't seem like the rule breaking type. This calmed his nerves.

Estrella gave Jaken a small smile. She was quite glad that he wasn't asking her anything about her intentions for the summer. She decided she was going to return the favor, although this was in a good way. Wrapping her arms around his waist, she held him for a moment, not intending to pull away just yet. She sighed quietly as she lay her head on his shoulder. The girl was going to be incredibly happy when the stress of OWLs was past. Sometimes, she figured, it was okay not to say anything at all; actions could very well serve their purpose.

Jaken stared down at her, loving every minute they were together. It wasn't much, but at least they got to spend some time together. He felt her wrap her arms around his waist, and let her rest her head on his shoulder. He buried his face in her hair, wrapping his arms around her back. He didn't want to say anything. He was afraid he would ruin the moment. Even the stress of his father lurking about in the castle seemed to have vanished. He lifted his head up and glanced around a bit, and then returned to nuzzling in her hair. He silently laughed, thinking he was acting a bit like a kitten.

Estrella sighed as Jaken held her, biting her lip and looking up to him. "Thanks for being here," she muttered quietly. With her actions last year, a time when she didn't even know who she was, she had cost herself a lot of good friends. Now, she was fortunate to have those there for her that she did. She hoped that they wouldn't be too mad at her for taking off without notice this summer. She was going to be back, of course, but it could possibly be dangerous.

Jaken pulled away slightly to stare at her face, using one hand to stroke her hair. He smiled, "Thanks for giving me the honor." He wondered what was going through her mind, and would do anything to know. However, he thought it would be rude to ask. If she wanted me to know, then she would tell me. I cannot make her do anything she doesn't want to do. He smiled to himself. Maybe it worked both ways. He just hoped that whatever she was thinking, or thinking of doing, it wouldn't harm her in any way necessary.

Estrella smiled back at Jaken, feeling more than a bit flattered. The butterflies pattered against the walls of her stomach as she looked back at him. "Honor? There's no honor about me." She chuckled a bit, squeezing his midsection before pulling away. She gave him a thin smile, glad that he didn't ask her where she was going and what she was doing, because she was sure to spill.

Jaken laughed at her statement, seeing how ridiculous it was. "Really? Good grades, amazing personality," he used his fingers to pet her cheek, "and gorgeous on top of that. How silly of me to think of something like that." He smirked. He glanced down as she squeezed his midsection. He gave her a weird look, "You don't think I'm ticklish, do you?" He hoped to get her mind off whatever was bothering her. He knew it wouldn't leave his mind, but maybe he could distract her.

Estrella could only smile at what Jaken had said, her dark eyes carrying a flicker of happiness. If she was going to do well on these OWLs she definitely would have to improve her attitude. Her friends could always help her along with that. "Ticklish?" she asked curiously, "You know, I've never found out." Jabbing her finger into his side she tickled his ribs playfully, wondering if he would do anything. She smirked wickedly, remembering with a pang that she had done that to Kale on several occasions. She tried to cover this up as much as possible, making sure not to let any happiness falter in her expression.

Jaken laughed as Estrella said that she has never found out, knowing what would come next. He knew that she would try to tickle him, but wondered whether or not he was ticklish. He then felt her try to tickle him, and immediately discovered that it felt funny to him. He tensed up a bit rather than laughed. Jaken gave her a wicked smirk, "I suppose I'm not. However, are you?" Jaken then used his hand to softly touch her sides, in that eerie sort of fashion. He was pretty good at making goosebumps appear on his sister, Alessine, when he did that. He wondered whether it would work on Estrella, however, if not, then he could always return to the old fashion way.

Estrella gave Jaken a curious look. "Well, aren't you one of the few people," she muttered, smirking back at him. She immediately flailed back, always being incredibly ticklish. She always lost if she ever got into wrestling matches with her cousins when she was younger, despite the fact that she was larger and older than those she contested against. Blushing, she laughed, squirming out of his reach, "Okay, you got me." That was definitely a weakness of hers she would have to deal with. Giving Jaken a warm smile, she considered herself lucky. She might go crazy if she didn't have anyone to be silly with during these tense weeks before OWLs. And the summer, for that matter.

Jaken laughed at her flailing away. "So, you are. Very much so." He loved the fact that both of them were acting this way, despite the OWLs coming up. He actually felt pressure from them, which was a surprise to him. Jaken then smirked, "Just wait until the tests are over. Then I'll torture you with the feeling of the tickles." He laughed at how silly that sounded, but he didn't care. He enjoyed not being stuck in classes, studying and whatnot. He then quickly approached her, tickling her sides once again. Smirking while doing so.

Estrella gave Jaken a minute smile, crossing her arms over her chest. She was careful not to step on any of the budding flowers. This time of year their aroma was not so potent yet it filtered into her nostrils all the same. Her eyes were bright with a giddyness that was not akin to herself. She supposed that boyfriends always brought out the unlikely in her, even if she had only had two. The Ravenclaw was quite glad with her decision to come out here, even if she had not anticipated her solitude to be broken.

Snorting, she was not expecting this next attack, failing her arms. "Ack! No, please, no torture!" she laughed, attempting to squirm away from her boyfriend.

Jaken beamed, and then decided to stop. He loved it when she was enjoying herself, like she was now. His eye's gazed over her face. He didn't think Kalif patroled any of the areas. But if Kalif had popped up like he did before, Jaken would feel like he would die. Jaken then stopped worrying over it. Just being here made him feel a lot happier than he did when he was alone. Maybe it is just her causing me to be happy... assumed Jaken in his mind. Jaken held his arms up as if he were surrendering, "Okay, I'll stop." He smirked however. He had no intention of stopping, for good.

Estrella smirked as she pulled away, challenging, "You better, Jaken Styx." Her lip twisted into a wicked grin she jammed her hands in her pockets, looking around the place. It was hard to imagine that in two years she might no longer be able to call this place home; it all depended on whether she got a job here or not. She was willing to start out small, in any case. She sighed a bit, as her eyes narrowed on a group of first years who were veering dangerously close to the Forbidden Forest. Deciding she would keep tabs on them, her gaze flickered back to her boyfriend. "I'm going to miss you over break," she said, finding it hard to believe that she was going to be spending three whole months away from here. The fact only ever occured to her when she was going to be away from a boyfriend- in this case, Jaken.

Jaken smirked back at her, "Challenging me, Miss Drage?" Jaken folded his arms across his chest. He heard some young voices and his eyes quickly glanced at the first years running close to the Forbidden Forest. Hew knew that Estrella, being a prefect, would keep an eye on them. He then heard her say that she is going to miss him over break. He felt a small pain in his chest, knowing that he will be missing her as well. He tried to hide the feeling and put on a grin, "I'll miss you too. Most likely more than you will miss me." His grin turned into a smirk. He knew that they would probably miss each other the same.

The sixteen year old girl gave her boyfriend a challenging grin, pursing her lip in a smirk. She glanced back to the students, but they proved to be gutless, weaving by and away from the forest. As she had not seen or heard any dares brought about she didn't really have reason to call them on anything. Besides, they hadn't actually ventured past the boundaries and in any case she didn't feel like yelling at the moment. Turning her attention back to Jaken she sighed a bit. "At least we have letters, right?" she said quietly, hoping that with the incredible distance she would be away this summer that the owls would be able to make the distance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back