Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Lesbian
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Ivy Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Today, Amber was on a mission. In the first weeks at Hogwarts, she had only managed to make one good friend, and even though she really liked Ainsley, she wanted more.

So as she stepped out into the Courtyard, she knew that she was going to try to talk to someone, preferably a fellow first year, and befriend them. It would be someone from a different house, and someone she hadn't talked to before. The idea had come to her during breakfast, as she had realized that contact with people from different houses was difficult and she wanted to try it.

She scanned the courtyard carefully, wondering who wouldn't mind if she came up to them for a chat. She tucked some hair behind her ear as she thought, looking around carefully.

There, there was a girl that she recognized as a fellow first year even though she didn't know anything else about her. She sitting alone and she was pretty with wavy brown hair. Maybe she was lonely. Well, if that was the case, Amber would fix it.

With confidence she didn't entirely feel, she stepped up to the girl and smiled at her. "Hi, can I sit here? My name is Amber."

Evangeline was on her way to go outside. She was mostly inside in the library, but today she wanted to feel the sun on her skin. It was a surpise if it would be busy outside, but she would see it when she would arrive. When she came outside she felt the sun on her skin, it was lovely so she took a deep breath to smell the nature around her. She walked over to The Courtyard and found a spot where nobody was so she could quietly read or just make some notes for her exams. She took her parchment and pen and made some notes about Defence Against the Dark Arts. When she had write some stuff down, she heard a voice so she looked up to the direction where it was coming from. Really, could I never be alone somewhere? When she looked up she saw a girl, that she didn't knew. She asked if she could sit next to her. Evangeline stayed for a long time quiet and looked around her if the girl couldn't sit anywhere else, but it was all full.
'' Uhm, Fine you can sit.'' Only sit Evangeline thought.

Amber was relieved not to be rejected, conveniently ignoring the girls' less than happy reply. Obviously, she was shy. Amber would help her with that.

"Thank you so much!" She said cheerfully, sitting down next to her. "Are you a first year too? I think so, right? I recall you in one of my classes but I can't remember which... Well, besides flying, we all have flying." She trailed off, hoping the other girl would help her out. "I'm in Hufflepuff, by the way. Do you like it here so far? I do, I love most classes though History is boring and kind of difficult, have you had History of Magic yet?" Curiously, she glanced at the other girls' notes.

Just where she was afraid for a person wanted to talk to her. Why did people always wanted to talk to her? She didn't had a invited expression on her face she thought. But the girl could sit if that made her happy, who cared. A few minutes later when Evangeline wanted to write some things down about Potions the girl started to talk and it went on for very long. Do you have a stop button the Slytherin thought. Evangeline looked at the girl with her normal face expression, somewhat unhappy. '' Yes, I'm a first year, and that makes you also one. I don't remember you at all.'' But any person that asked her that would get the same reaction from Evangeline because she didn't pay attention to others in the lessons. When the girl said she was a Hufflepuff a grin appeared on Evangeline her face. Those Hufflepuff wanted to be friends with everybody especially plants, so pathetic. '' Ofcourse your a Hufflepuff, you talk very much you know? I'm a Slytherin and I love the classes. It's really interesting also History of Magic not boring at all.'' Evangeline liked every class so far, but she wasn't really a fan of flying. The Slytherin inspected the girl that decided to sit next to her, she was curious how long that will be.

Amber laughed. "Oh, sorry. I suppose I do talk a lot." She said, ignoring the less than happy expression on the other girls' face. Surely it was nicer to have some company than to sit here all alone?

"There's so many people to keep track of, no wonder you don't remember me. I barely recognize my own housemates sometimes. There's so many students!"
This wasn't entirely true, but she hoped it would make Evangeline feel better about not remembering her, it must make her a little embarrassed. "It's nice that you enjoy the classes, I like most too. I just find History of Magic hard to study and hard to focus on." She smiled brightly. "But it's great that you don't! I'm sure you're very good at the lessons. Which one is your favorite so far?"

This wasn't going exactly as planned, but maybe Evangeline would warm up if they kept talking a little while longer. She seemed interesting, and so far hadn't been mean to her. She was determined to attempt to forge a friendship with her.

It wasn´t really ment as a joke but the girl started to laugh about Evangeline her argument that she talked a lot. But she didn´t took the hint that she needed to stop talking because she kept talking and talking. " Yes too many for my taste.'' Evangeline was a only child so she was used to being alone. She didn't knew how she would be if she had a sister or brother. Than she had to deal with that sibling and couldn't be alone all the time. Sometimes Evangeline had wished for a brother or sister, but her parents didn't wanted another child, especially not when they were divorced that made an end to it. Talking about classes wasn't something what was stupid to do, but talking wasn't really her favorite thing. But it was not possible to avoid here at Hogwarts. Evangeline seemed to be interesting to others and that was why they wanted to talk to her. She knew she was just more grown up than others, because she had to take care of herself for a long time when her parents started with their divorce battle.
'' History of Magic is indeed hard to study but not for me, for the most students it is i've seen that.''

Most of the students only wanted action and learn spells, but Evangeline also enjoyed the theory that they got about spells or persons in the magical world. When Amber said that she guessed that Evangeline did good in the lessons she had a point. '' I am, because I work hard. I almost cannot choose but History of Magic is my favorite at the moment.'' She didn't really knew why she kept answering the questions from Amber but it went about Evangeline so when the subject was herself she had interest into it. But she didn't felt the need to ask Amber something.

Amber could see the other girl was less than enthusiastic, but she also kept talking to her which felt like an invitation to keep going. She was determined to make more friends in other houses, and she hadn't really tried talking to Slytherins a lot yet. Maybe Evangeline was really nice underneath her cold appearance? She hadn't really been mean so far, just quiet.

"It does get a little overwhelming with so many people." Amber agreed. "Sometimes I wish there were more places you could be alone, you know? There's always someone in the room with you." She was still getting used to sharing a dorm with other girls. As much as she liked socializing, she missed her own private bedroom sometimes too. "Everyone is really nice, though. I made a good friend in my own house named Ainsley and also with a girl in Gryffindor named Evelyn."

She decided to move away from History of Magic before she made herself look stupid by complaining about how hard the subject was when the other girl clearly had less trouble with it. "My favorite subject is Charms so far. I liked making things levitate, it felt so nice to be able to do magic all on my own! I've seen my parents do it all my life, but doing it myself is totally different. Transfiguration is similar, but that's harder."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back