Sweet Sixteen

Lily made her way down to the Great Hall. It was Katalina's birthday and she decided to go to the party. Walking in, she saw a few familiar faces -- many that she last saw on the quidditch pitch. She was dressed down in comfortable clothes, a pair of jeans and a Ravenclaw sweater, and carried a small package wrapped in silver paper. "Happy birthday Kat! Glad to see you up and about!" She was referring, of course, to the latest injury that Kat had sustained in the last game they played.

Setting down the package on the table, she grabbed a drink and walked over by her teammate. "Hey Bonehead, how goes it?" she said, nudging Sumner in the arm. "Feeling better than last time?" Taking a drink, she moved to set the present down on the table and greet the others at the party.

Andy stuck her own tongue out at Kat and handed her the small box, inside was a small teddy bear pendant. He looked all grey and shabby and wore the Gryffindor colours but on the front of the jumper it wore were the simple letters BFF.
"Happy Birthday old timer" she grinned at her before sitting down on the bench as Lily and Kailey entered the foray.
"Wow, Kat I didn't know you were this liked" she teased, who couldn't like Kat for crying out loud.

Kat grinned as Kailey joined the party and was elated as she opened up the gift she was given. "Oh wow Kailey...it's great! I've been meaning to get one of these, but just never got around to it. Thank you so much," she said excitedly as she examined the camera carefully, happy that now she'd have some way to capture memories to keep. Just then Lily came in and sat down making a joke with Kat in which she just smirked in return. "Well I didn't get my neck broken so I guess I'm doing fair enough," she joked as she took the package that Lily handed over to her. The wrapping was almost too pretty to rip off so Kat carefully removed the paper and saw a gorgeous little statue of two girls holding hands. Kat carefully examined it in her hands. It was absolutely brilliant. "Lily, I love it. Thank you. I'll keep it on my night chest for everyone to admire," she said graciously as Andy then slid a small box in front of her. Kat opened the box and inside was a small bear pendant donning their house colors and on the front of it had the letters BFF. Tears threatened to emerge from her eyes, but she fought them back as she looked at her best friend and said simply, "Yes we are." Then Andy made a joke with her causing her to snort slightly and so Kat retorted with, "What can I say? I'm just the world's most likable person. It's good being me!" She laughed at how ridiculous it sounded and realized just how lucky she was to have the greatest group of friends.

Sumner smiled and nodded when Kat's friends came in, but mostly he sat nursing a drink and just chilling. Butterbeer sloshed in his bottle when Lily nudged him and he smirked at his captain. "Better than most, cap'n," he grinned, falling silent once more.

Kat noticed that her boyfriend was being awfully quiet and with him that always made her a little weary. She remembered their last encounter before today which still brought a wicked grin to her face when she thought about it, but she really did hope he wasn't angry with her. After all, he did deserve it just a little bit. Kat nudged his knee with her own and said, "Sickle for your thoughts!"

Andy looked about and realised there was no birthday cake, so reached across and picked up a few bread rolls and laid them in a circle on the outside of a plate. Looking up at the candles that hovered above them, she took out her wand and very carefully managed to lower one of them. When it was in reach, she plucked it from the air and attempted to put in the center but whatever charm was on it was keeping it afloat.
"Oh well, it'll have to do" she winked at Kat, "Right you lot, all together now!"
She waved her hands in the air as if conducting an orchestra.
"Happy Birthday... to you" louder guys, she coaxed as she sang along herself, "Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Kat... a... linaaaaa. Happy Birthday to you. Now blow before it floats away".

Kat laughed as everyone sang Happy Birthday to her and as Andy's makeshift cake floated in front of her. When the song was over she closed her eyes, made a wish, and blew out the candles with a big grin on her face. Kat looked around and felt truly blessed to have all of her friends here to celebrate with her. Then she noticed the time on her watch and sighed heavily. Standing she went and hugged each of her friends and thanked them all again for the wonderful presents. Kat picked up her bag and flung it over her shoulder and held her hand out to Sumner and said, "Fancy walking me to class?"

Sumner turned eyes half lidded and a bit cold in her direction, although he covered it well with a smirk as he stood. "Sure. See you guys later," he gave the gang a small wave and followed Kat out the door with his arm slung carelessly over her shoulders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back