OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
April eleventh. Today was Kat's sixteenth birthday and she was ecstatic. For some reason sixteen was always such a big deal for teenage girls and she was no different. It had been over a month since her illness had been outed and now she was glad that it had been. She'd gained some weight back and was looking much healthier than she had been. Kat headed down to the Great Hall with the 'party kit' that her mother had sent to help her celebrate her birthday at school. She sat down at the end of the table with her opened box in front of her, going through everything that her mum had included in it.

Sumner didn't waste any time. He'd been a real di- uh a real jerk lately and he had a lot to make up for. Today was a special day and during the Brightstone weekend, he'd sold his old beater's bat to get something good enough for Kat's birthday. Stealthily he crept up behind Kat, leaned down and reached an arm around her. In his hand was a bunch of flowers he'd knicked from the herbology greenhouse. "Happy Birthday," he whispered.

Kat had to bite the inside of her cheeks not to smile when Sumner whispered in her ear wishing her a happy birthday. She wasn't mad at him anymore about what had happened at the quidditch game, but she figured she might as well make him squirm a little bit. Kat took the flowers and sniffed them before grabbing his hands and saying, "Hey Ch..." she turned and looked at him and continued, "Oh, it's you. I was expecting someone else." Kat had a mischievous gleam in her eye as she tried to keep a straight face.

Sumner's eyes narrowed, nostrils flared, his lips curved into a grin. "Well then, you'd better make sure it's really me, huh?" Fingers lightly grabbed her chin before he kissed her like he'd never kissed her before. Pulling back after a few moments he grinned, looked into her eyes. "Who were you expecting again?" he smirked.

Kat couldn't help, but smirk when she saw Sumner's nostrils flare. She knew good and well that accidental slip up would get under his skin worse than anything, but she simply couldn't help herself. Then he pulled her into a kiss and it was a kiss like they'd never shared before. When he pulled back it simply left her tingly all over and wanting more which she now knew it was he who was messing with her. Kat stuck her tongue out at him and said, "Oh just someone, but I suppose you'll do too."

Sumner laughed and sat down beside her to draw her into a hug. "I love you, you feisty witch." He squeezed her then let go and face the table. "So uh what do we do?"

"And I love you too, you pain in the ass wizard," Kat said hugging him back and kissing him on the cheek. When he asked what they were supposed to do now she shrugged and said, "This is the first birthday party I've had here at school to be honest. I told my roommates about it and a few friends, but I'm not really expecting anything big. I'm just glad you're here." She took his hand in her own, intertwining their fingers and resting their hands in her lap.

Kiera knew that today was her roommate, Kat's, birthday. She had been invited to a small party down in the Great Hall. The weather had finally turned colder so Kiera pulled on jeans and a Polo sweater. The sweater was a warm brown that complimented her eyes nicely. Kiera pulled on her UGG boots before leaving the room. She didn't want to be late to Kat's party. Kiera remembered to grab the younger girl's gift on the way out the door.

Kiera walked into the Great Hall with a smile on her face. She saw Kat and her boyfriend sitting at a table. Kiera knew who he was of course but they had never actually met. Kiera skipped over to Kat. "Happy Birthday roomie!!" she said cheerfully as she gave her best friend a hug. Kiera then sat down opposite Katalina. "I brought you a present." she said with a sly smile.

Ella grinned as she spotted her roommates and friends in the Great Hall, where there was a party planned for Katalina's sixteenth birthday, woot! Not many were gathered yet, but Ella was sure that more people would show up over the course of the get together. She walked up to where the girls and boy were sitting with a medium sized box wrapped in red paper in her arms. Ella took a seat with the others and tossed the wrapped box in Katalina's direction, well, I hope that doesn't take out somebody's eye! Maybe it wasn't such a great idea to throw the gift! "Happy birthday, Kat!"

"Hey Kiera! You didn't have to get me anything you know that," Kat said as she hugged her friend back. She was just about to introduce her roomie to Sumner when Ella, another roommate joined them. She smiled at the younger girl as she tossed a gift in front of her. "Thanks Ella. You didn't have to do this," she said as she sat the box in front of her, debating on whether or not to open it now. "Oh, gosh, where are my manners. Kiera and Ella this is Sumner. Sumner these are my friends and roommates," she said giving his hand a little squeeze as she grinned at him.

Kiera laughed at Kat. "But I really did. Your going to love it." she said with a wink. Kiera grinned slyly as she was introduced to Sumner. "Nice to meet you." she said pleasantly. "So how to you like Kat's hair?" she asked wondering if Kat had told him who cut it. She was hoping the boy loved it.

Sumner was contemplating sneaking another kiss when two of Kat's friends showed up. After she made introductions, he grinned at them. "Hullo, nice to meet you both. So you ladies room with my girlfriend." He nodded his head and squeezed Kat's hand back. "Tell me, does she snore?" He grinned at her, glad they were getting back to where they had been before everything bad had happened.

"For some reason when you say I'm going to love it that scares me just a little bit," Kat said laughing a little bit. Her mouth gaped open at the question that Sumner had asked her friends if she snored. She kicked him lightly in the leg under the table as she started cackling before saying, "Don't answer that. Either of you."

"Do you know how hard it was for me to keep that red box hidden under my bed?" Ella joked. "But seriously, open it!"

When Katalina introduced Kiera and Ella to the boy at the table, Ella smiled and quietly said hello. It was nice to finally be able to meet the boy she heard so much about. Ella giggled when he asked if Katalina snored. With a bit of hesitation, Ella answered, "Um, why yes, she does snore. Believe me, you would not want to end up stuck sleeping in the same room as her!"

Sumner jumped then laughed when Kat's foot connected with his leg harmlessly. "I love her hair," Sumner kissed Kat's temple. "I'm guessing since we don't have a barber on hand that someone in your dorm did it?" Ella's comment gave him pause. He turned his head slightly to size Kat up, "Oh I dunno," he grinned slyly, just the mere smirk on his face speaking volumes.

"Ella. I'm going to get you back for that you know," Kat said laughing as she opened up the box that her friend had gotten her. Inside was a red fedora with a matching set of mittens. They were absolutely adorable and would work really well this winter with her gray pea coat her mother had gotten her. Kat beamed when Sumner said he loved her hair and replied, "Kiera cut it. Figured I needed something new." She was just about to thank Ella when her boyfriend made a comment and had a very seedy expression on his face. Kat just sat there for a minute looking at him, her face beet red with a goofy grin. She shook her head bringing her back to the realization that there were other people in the room and said, "Ella these are perfect. Thank you so much!"

Kiera grinned as Sumner said he loved it. She was pleased with herself for doing such a good job and not messing it up. Kiera watched as Kat opened Ella's gift. "Aww really cute!" she said grinning. Kiera handed Kat her present. "My turn!" she said. Inside was a nice clip Kiera had gotten to compliment Kat's new fancy do. She hoped the girl liked it.

Ella laughed when Kat said that she was going to get her back, something that Ella knew would be quite impossible. When Sumner responded to Ella's little snoring joke with his funny smirk, Ella was kind of surprised at his reaction. Sketchy. She gave both Sumner and Katalina a funny look for a few seconds, until Kat thanked her for the gift. "I'm glad you like the gift!" Ella said and once again gave her roommate and friend a large grin.

Kat opened Kiera's gift next. "Oh goodness Kiera, it's beatiful," she said as she slid the hair clip into her hair, pulling the side back gently. "Thank you so much," she added.

Andromeda smiled as she entered the Great Hall to see Kat, Sumner, Kiera and Ella. Not so very long ago the majority of them had been in the hospital wing with Kat and now to see such a huge turn around in her was absolutely brilliant. She walked over to the group and kept her own gift in her pocket for now.
"Hey birthday girl, wow another year older already huh?" it was hard to believe that an entire year had passed already, so much had happened.
"Party time huh? I came straight from class so maybe I should haul ass back up stairs and change?" looking down at her drab Gryffindor uniform before looking at the others with a smile.

Cyndi entered the Great Hall to see that all of her roommates were already with Kat. There was also a guy there, and although she hadn't been introduced yet, she had a feeling that she knew exactly who it was. Since the weather was beginning to grow colder, the seventh year had decided to wear a pale purple sweater and a pair of jeans today. It had already grown much too cold to simply wear the t-shirts that she usually did.

Cyndi approached the table and said "Happy 16th!" to Kat. She held out the birthday bag that was in her hand so that the birthday girl could see what was inside. She was especially excited for her friend because today they were all gathered for something happy.

Kat grinned brightly when Andy joined the group. Laughing at what her best friend said she pretended to sniff her and said, "Nah, you smell okay. No need to go and change." She stuck her tongue out playfully at Andy when Cyndi too joined them. "Thanks Cyndi," Kat said as she took the gift bag from her friend and opened it. Inside was a beautiful red cashmere scarf. "Oh goodness. Cyndi it's gorgeous and it matches perfectly what Ella got me. Did you two have that planned," she joked as she held the scarf out to look at it.

"I don't know" Cyndi said with a shrug as she laughed. "I'm glad you like it though."

"It's perfect. Thanks you guys. These are all great," Kat said graciously as she looked over her gifts once more. She really did have a great group of friends and was extremely thankful for them.

Kailey walked over to the group assembled around Kat, slightly out of breath. Her procrastination had caused her to wait until the last minute to try to wrap her gift. Then on a whim backed into a shoe box which was then put into a bigger box and wrapped up in gold wrapping paper with a bright red bow. "Hey you guys, sorry i'm late Kat." she said before sitting the box about the size of a small shelf down on the table. "Happy sweet sixteen!" she chirped She really hoped Kat didn't already have a Camera already. She had done her best to engrave a tiny Gryffindor crest into the camera with a charm she had learned and a stinsel Zuka had crafted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back