Sweet Little Unforgettable Thing

Elowen Rydderch

OOC First Name
Cole
Elowen Rydderch sat on the outskirts of the field near her hometown. Learning witches and wizards came here to play before they could use magic, to play and sometimes let their abilities out without understanding how or what it meant. Briefly the blonde remembered what it was like to be young, seven or eight, and just discovering she had magical abilities. Her parents had always used magic, but they'd never been certain if it would pass - squibs were after all an existing thing. Elowen looked at her packet in her hands, sealed tightly shut. She'd left one more appointment with her current therapist. They were focusing on unhealthy relationships and need for affirmation - a touchy subject Elowen wondered if she was truly ready to touch on. The blonde breathed deeply the fresh meadow air, eyes on the clouds about her. It looked at if it might rain, but what was new for Scotland.

Elowen slipped her folder away finally and began to read from her book instead, one about caring for your new pet, as Elowen had just obtained a small dog a week or so ago. The blonde couldn't quite focus though, the day was too nice, even with the impending clouds. The sun that occasionally peeked through the heavy white fluffs was enough to warm her pallid skin, and make her relax on that bench.

It had been a couple of months since Robert had taken up the new job, and moved away from his home in New Zealand for a new place further North. He and Rhianne had decided to keep a long distance relationship going, hoping that by the time his contract ended he would move back down with her, but for now he knew he had to focus on creating a career after spending so many years out of the game. He'd only considered going back to work a couple of years ago, and he knew that working with children had given him the most satisfaction that he was quite sure it's what he wanted to do for a living. For twenty years he'd been there for another children, family members, that were present in his life, and while he'd never had any of his own he had a natural instinct to look out for them.

Robert had been in charge of the holiday organisation for the fortnight that the kids he was supervising, and while Scotland may not have been high on their list of destinations, he knew that taking them away from a city, to somewhere more peaceful, would do them good. Their parents were lovely people, but frequently hadn't the time to take them on a vacation, and it had been up to the former Gryffindor to take over for a while. Once they'd gone off to explore, Rob had been left by himself, and spent the following few hours taking a walk through the fields and parks. At one point he'd taken a seat and written a handful of letters that he would send back to his family as well as theirs, but by the time he was due to take them back to their holiday home he realised the pair of them must have found something more interesting to do since he couldn't spot either of them in the park.

Trying not to panic, they were old enough to look after one another after all, his scanned the area for any signs. "Hey, you've not seen two kids come along here have you?" He asked as he'd approached a woman sat on a bench. "About yay high?" He put out his hand to demonstrate their height. She may not have noticed at all, but if it saved him time they he may as well ask.

Elowen wasn't a bad person, she had to convince herself of such things. She had issues, but so did every person that entered the world and lived their life to the fullest. The thin girl tried very hard to concentrate on her book, but there was something looming over her mind. She was supposed to be meeting Luewann in a few days to figure out if she'd found more family, someone who wanted something to do with her. Someone who didn't let her past or condition effect them. Elowen hadn't bothered to contact any of her other family members since they'd one by one left her side, though she wouldn't try and hide the fact that she wanted to if asked by anyone. Sighing Elowen started over the page she'd been reading, having not paid any attention to the words.

Around the time she'd restarted though there was an approach, and Elowen knew that it was hopeless to concentrate. The Ravenclaw Alumni looked toward the voice, and cocked a thin blonde brow when she say where the baritone noise came from. Tall, muscular, and handsome. She couldn't help it. She gently closed her book and looked around the area as if thinking before turning to face this good looking stranger. Her thin blonde lashes batting for a moment when she shook her head no. "I dinnae." She spoke, clearing her throat and attempting to keep her accent from being too prevalent. "I can help though." She spoke. Elowen tucked her book in her bag, as if it didn't matter if he turned down the help. "What do the little things look like?" She Scottish girl asked, standing and mildly surprised that he was still taller than her. It seemed often the men she had met were around her height of 5'8" or shorter.

Robert was almost out of breath when the woman spoke to him, but not because of his lack of fitness. The adrenaline from misplacing two children that were not his was getting to him, and while the man may have experienced theoretically more nerve wracking things in his past, he would have much preferred to have found the pair sooner rather than later to calm his beating heart. He closed his eyes for a second in exasperation upon hearing that she'd not seen them, although quickly nodded at her offer to assist. Normally he wouldn't have troubled a stranger, but he was in too much of a panic to turn her down. "Erm, the girl has black hair, wearing a blue dress and dark blue jacket," he recalled. That was what she'd chosen wasn't it? "The boy, same height is in dungarees and has a red cap," he said, his eyes already scanning the area again in search of them both. "I'm really sorry to disturb you, I just, they're not mine. I was meant to be looking after them," he admitted, realising it perhaps wasn't the best of first impressions to give off. The girl in front of him didn't look too much older than Lillith, but he had little reason to believe she wouldn't do her best to help him. Now wasn't even the time for proper introductions as Robert already took off a few steps in the direction of the skate park, wondering perhaps they'd gotten distracted by some of the older kids.

Elowen looked at the man whom was nearly panting. For someone whom was so fit for the eyes was surely out of shape. Elowen could relate. The thin woman stood up, and realized shortly that they were not too far from the same height in her heels. She glanced around the field, feeling sure that having two tall people would be helpful more than a tall person and a short person. "Okay, do we have names we could call out?" She asked, glancing around the fields, and sneaking a look at the man once more whilst he was busy looking. She wondered if he was married and took a glance at his ring finger. No ring, at least he wouldn't turn out like the last man she'd been seeing. Though Elowen had convinced herself after the last one she'd never fall in love again if she could help it. Perhaps that was why in Therapy she avoided the most recent subject.

At the mention that the kids weren't his, Elowen grinned. He already had his back to her so it would go unnoticed. As she followed him had glanced in the direction of the tree line, seeing a small blur of color. Her thick heels did not quite sink into the ground as she waved him over, walking into the grass. It might have been an animal, but it was also possible that it was the children.

Rob was already scanning the area when he heard her question, turning to look over his shoulder as she'd stood to help him out. She was taller than he'd anticipated, although his mind was quickly distracted by the panic that was running through his veins about having to explain to someone's parents that he'd lost their kids. "Erm yeah, Phoebe and Gabriel." he said quickly calling off their names. As Rob watched her beckon him over he followed, wondering what she'd found and whether their small search party would successfully met their quota. He peeered through the bushes, his eyes trained to see small movements through natural terrains, where he saw at least the correct clothing of the kids he'd been meant to be keeping an eye on. "Hey," he called out, crouching through towards the trees, moving the branches out the way, his heart skipping a beat as he caught sight of the faces of those he locked eyes onto. "Oh god you guys, you gave me a heart attack. Get out here," he said, pulling back the leaves to allow them to pass back into the open where he'd be able to keep track of them.

Once they'd run past him and were heading back into the park, he turned to the woman beside him who'd found them, "I'm so sorry for interrupting you." he apologised quickly, feeling like a fool for getting in such a panic. If it had been his own nieces or nephews it would have been easier, but he had a level of responsibility for these kids that made it more difficult to trust them. He guided her back to the path where it was a little less muddy, feeling a little guilty that he'd roped in a stranger, "I appreciate your help, glad you spotted them!" he said with a smile, his eyebrows raising slightly at his grin. She was cute but he wasn't going to make the same mistakes he'd done in the past when it came to Rhianne. They had a plan now and this time he intended to keep to it, no longer the person he was as a teenager. "I'm Rob by the way. Rob Kain." he said extending a hand, surprising himself with the lack of formalities and wondering whether Rhi had had a larger effect on him recently than he realised.

The blonde helped to call out the names once she was given them, Elowen sure that he'd be relieved when they found them. Of course Elly couldn't be sure they would find them, but she wasn't going to speak the pessimistic thoughts out loud. it seemed that within a small amount of time that four eyes was really better than two as they located the children, together playing some game that siblings played when they had normal relationships. The blonde couldn't help the smile on her gemstone red lips as she saw them, their large eyes full of wonder looking up at the man whom was standing with her. It was nice that he did not yell at them, and they seemed so grateful as they ran back to the park to play together. "Adorable children." She remarked with a smile, turning toward the only slightly taller man. Her heels of course helping her to be closer to his height.

"No it's alright!' She Scottish girl insisted once he apologized to her. Her steps her calculated, and she watched to make sure she planted her feet firmly on the ground so as not to stumble. "Of course, I would hope any stranger would do the same for me." She assured again, a polite smile on her lips. The very petite Ravenclaw looked at his large hand, and extended a bony hand of her own to him, shaking his hand gently with a firm grip. She knew better than to present someone with a weak handshake. "Elowen, Elowen Rydderch." She remarked. "If you feel so guilty for getting me roped in wouldn't mind a drink." She teased him, though of course she really wouldn't have minded if the gentleman decided to grab a drink with her. After all he was fairly good looking. She knocked back her thin locks of blonde hair with her hand, the long locks having covered her shirts saying. She hadn't picked the shirt out to meet someone though. In fact she had no intentions on ever meeting someone again.

Rob had been around children long enough to know how they worked, and showing them when he was full of nervous emotion had never done him any favours in the past. As he watched the pair wandered towards the playground where he could see then, he was glad for Elowens introduction and distraction. Truth be told he could have done with a drink right now. So much had changed for him in the last few months and it was harder still knowing that Rhianne was so far away. Since the pair had reunited they'd barely spent s moment apart, and now that they had a long distance relationship it was taking a toll on his enthusiasm in life, not matter how hard struggles had been in the past "A drink?" He repeated?l, a little shocked by her forwardness. "I mean, I'm here to watch them you know. Make sure they don't get into trouble" as though her already been doing a fair job of that particular task. He considered her proposal for a moment, and while he knew it couldn't hurt to start making some new friends outside his comfort zone, he still had a niggling feeling about it. "Besides I barely drink." He added, not willing to delve into the reasons why. He glanced between the playground and the blonde woman beside him, his impulsive getting the better of him. "Fine. One drink. And only once these guys are home" he finished with a nod towards the kids. "I take it you're a local?" He asked, trying to pinpoint her accent.

Elowen couldn't help but find it endearing that he watched the children so closely, as she had often watched her siblings the same. He seemed shocked when she invited him for a drink, and she quirked an eyebrow when he said he was supposed to be watching them. The scotttish girl laughed. "I didn't mean now, you silly hung, I meant after you were done keeping up with the little ones." She touched him lightly on the shoulder as if to reassure him she wasn't trying to get him to abandon his post. She gave another chuckle as he argued. "You don't have to drink alcohol!" She assured him. "They have fizzy drinks at pubs too." Elowen wasn't trying to get him drunk, but if he chose to do so she wouldn't fight the inevitablility of it leading to more. At least in her mind it would. "Ye, I'm from the next town. But I travel a fair bit. Went to school around here as well." She said. "And you?" She inquired, politeness gettin g the better of he instincts to gather her things and tell him to pick her up when the rug rats were gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back