Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Lesbian
Wand
Curly 12 1/2" Unyielding Cedar Wand with Vampire Blood Core
Darcy figured it was harmless to start snooping through all the cards for the deliveries she had. She wasn't going to alter the messages or not deliver the roses, she was just curious and it never hurt anyone. She was surprised, disappointed, and then intrigued all at once when she saw the note for this rose. When she glanced at the name she was even more surprised because she recognized it as one of her younger sister's friends. That helped Darcy identify her so she wouldn't have to wonder hopelessly who it was. She saw the girl coming back towards the castle from doing her own deliveries and called out, "Hey Amber!"

Amber was finally done delivering her roses, and she was taking a break from everything in the courtyard. She had worked hard, though she knew that the students that had organized this had worked even harder. Maybe she should send them a card or something. Amber's heart skipped a beat when her name was called, she had been hoping for this all day. Was it a rose from Wyatt? She hoped so, she had sent him one. The girl that had called her was older and really beautiful, Amber felt herself grow shy. She knew she was Clementine's sister, so that's probably how she knew Amber's name. "Hello." She said, trying not to look too hopeful. "You're Darcy,right?"

Darcy met the girl halfway as they walked towards each other and nodded her head when she said her name. "Yes that's me," she replied with a small smile. She brushed her red hair out of her face and said, "I won't keep you long, I have a rose for you!" Darcy picked out a red rose from the bunch she had and handed it over. She knew red was a bold color choice for a rose delivery so she was curious how Amber would react. Was she expecting something like this? How were thirteen year olds getting red roses already and Darcy couldn't muster up the courage to do the same?

Amber was glad she had gotten the girl's name right, but she didn't linger on that when her eyes fell on the rose the girl took out for her. Surely that couldn't be right. "Are... are you sure that's mine?" She asked, even as she hesitantly extended her hand. She had only sent Wyatt a pink one, this seemed so ...big. "Does... it have a note?" She asked softly, taking it from her but too worried it wasn't meant for her to really look at it closely.

Darcy could tell Amber was surprised by the color choice as well but Darcy kept her face calm of any reaction. She looked down at her list of deliveries to double check when Amber asked if she was sure and nodded as she said, "Yup it's for you." When the girl asked if there was a note, she hesitated and said, "Well there's this, but..." Darcy handed her a small envelope with her name on it but it was pointless. This card was only a label for which rose had been hers.
*no message attached*

Amber wasn't sure how to feel about this, but her heart was definitely racing. She looked at the envelope with her name on it but there was nothing else to show who it was from. She deflated. Surely Wyatt would have put his name on it? She bit her lip, but then remembered the girl in front of her. "Oh, um, thank you Darcy." She said, giving her a weak smile. "I just have no idea who this is from, but thanks for bringing it to me." She looked at the older girl. "Did you get any good ones?" She asked, eager to get the attention off this mysterious rose.

Darcy was curious as to whether or not the girl would know who it was from, since Darcy clearly didn't, but Amber didn't know either. That was a rather interesting thing, to receive a red rose anonymously. Darcy had only ever received pink roses anonymously. "You're welcome," she replied, giving the girl a reassuring smile because surely the fact that she a got a red rose at all meant someone must really like her so it was something to be happy about at least. Darcy nodded when she asked if she'd gotten any good roses, blushing lightly. "Yes. I got one from the girl I like," she said happily before realizing how casual she had let that out and felt herself going red with equal parts shame and embarrassment. It had been the first time Darcy had ever said that out loud and she happened to say it in front of some third year Hufflepuff. "I also got an anonymous pink rose with a lovely poem," she added quickly, "but an anonymous rose that's red, that's something," she nudged the girl lightly, chuckling nervously, just trying to change the subject.

Amber blushed as the girl mentioned the girl she liked. She said it so... casually, and Amber felt a weird feeling in her stomach she tried to push down. She reacted the way she usually did to things she didn't know what to say to: she gave a friendly smile. "That's lovely." She said automatically. "And an anonymous one too? I'm glad I'm not the only one, at least." She sighed and when the girl made a big deal about it being red, she blushed even deeper. She looked at it. "I have no idea who it could be, there's a boy... but he would sign his name, we've already been to the ball together and kissed so why be anonymous now?" She wasn't sure why she was sharing so much, but it was just pouring out, like she was thinking out loud. "Maybe it's a trick, someone trying to make fun of me?" She wasn't sure how that would work, but it seemed more realistic than the other alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back