Half Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Demi (Alice)
Wand
10 1/2 Inch Alder Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Yellow Rose for @Addison Beckett

Elliot knew from experience that Rose Giving was exhausting, and it had already proven as such just getting the Wild Patch in order to organize it this year. But for now at least, Elliot still had plenty of energy, setting off from the Wild Patch greenhouse after making sure all the deliveries were ready to go and taking his own.

He was pleased to spot one of his deliveries already as he passed through the garden to head inside, changing directions and heading towards her. "Hey, you're Addison, right? I haven't got the wrong sister?" He said, holding up a yellow rose for her in way of a greeting. He knew Addison from around Hufflepuff, but he also knew she had a twin and he wasn't sure if they were identical or not.

Addison was still feeling down, trudging around and trying to pretend she was alright. She jumped when she heard someone approaching and she looked over, startled to see the head boy with a rose. Her cheeks flushed pink. She'd had a crush on him in her younger years, and he was still just as charming and handsome. Absolutely out of her league still. She gave him a shy smile. "O-oh, yes, I'm Addison. Addy, please," she tried to sound nonchalant, her eyes falling to the yellow rose. "Is that for me?"

Elliot smiled, relieved he'd gotten the right sister, and nodded. "Right, sure thing, hi Addy," he said before nodding. "Yeah, for you, happy Valentine's," he said, handing over the yellow rose with it's note and trying not to let his brain linger too long on the realization this would be the last time he got to do this.

You're my best friend, thank you for helping me all the time.

Augustus

Addy took the rose with a quiet thank you, unfolding the note. Her shoulders slumped and a tiny surge of disappointment went through her. She sighed softly, glad that at least her eyes hadn't filled with tears. She was getting a little better at accepting this. She folded the note again carefully and slipped it into her pocket, exchanging it for the little cookie. She offered it out to Elliot, giving him a wobbly smile.

Elliot was fairly used what to expect when giving people roses, but Addy's reaction was a lot less positive than he'd come to expect. "Is everything alright?" He asked her quietly, pausing when she offered her a cookie from her pocket. "Oh, thank you," he said, taking it. He wasn't exactly sure he was keen to eat food from someone's pocket, but he appreciated the gesture.

Addy was surprised when Elliot asked if she was okay, blushing slightly. "Oh, I... Not exactly. I'm... Getting better, so it will be okay eventually," she tried to sound optimistic, but ended up sighing. "This rose is from the boy I like. But he likes someone else. I'm trying to move past my feelings so we can stay friends," she gave Elliot her best smile. "It was sweet of you to ask. Thank you."

Addy's response wasn't exactly what Elliot had expected, but he nodded in sympathy when she explained a little more, slowly piecing together her reaction and the yellow rose in her hand. "Oh, that sucks. I'm sorry," he offered her sheepishly. Not exactly the best way to start off her Valentine's, he was sure, but at least she seemed somewhat optimistic. "I'm sure he doesn't know what he's missing," he offered her, trying not to let the awkwardness he could feel starting to creep in get to him.

Addy giggled quietly. "Well, you are certainly a good guy. It's no wonder you're Head Boy," she tried to compliment him, tucking her hair behind her ear. "I should let you get back to your deliveries. But thank you, really," she gave him her brightest smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back