Half Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 10 Inch Flexible Laurel Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
[Open after @Tilly Drage]​

Estella had just finished all of her homework that she needed to do and the Hufflepuff wanted to find something interesting to take up the rest of her time. It was a sunny day and the so the girl ventured out to the great lawn. Despite the fact it was cooling down and heading into Autumn, Estella wore her best summer attire - denim shorts and a tank top, to soak in the sun that was shining down upon the grass. Putting her sunglasses on, she placed down a blanket on the grass and lay on top of it, staring up at the clear blue sky. She often thought about taking her homework outside sometimes, but thought against it as it would be way too distracting. Outside was where peace was and now that Estella had finished her homework she was happy to treat herself to the sun. She thought about what her father would be doing, if he missed her, and whether or not he would write back to her soon. It had been hard to be away from her family for so long but she knew that she would be seeing them again soon once the semester was over, and then she would be in her second year and not one of the youngest anymore. Millions of thoughts about the future raced through the Hufflepuff's head as she lay there, enjoying the sun whilst she could.

OOCOut of Character:
@Estella Fuentes If you are not OK with the godmod, I am happy to change this ^_^

Tilly had received a Gobstones set as a Christmas present from her Uncle Erik. While it was March and way past Christmas, she decided it was time to break it out. Tilly had taken the set outside since she knew Gobstones could get messy. She sat on the Great Lawn, trying to figure out the game and turning the pieces over.

As Tilly picked up a Gobstone, it suddenly decided to explode. Except, not in the direction of her face. Instead, the Gobstone sprayed a poor girl who was sunbathing with a pungent and caustic liquid. Impressive, really, as the two weren’t even sitting that close.

Tilly gagged and coughed at the smell. Her eyes watering, she choked, “I’m sorry…” wondering if the game of Gobstones wasn’t all the fun her uncle had cracked it up to be.

Estella was starting to think that maybe she would look forward to when her half-sister started attending Hogwarts. It was a few years away but maybe then Estella would be able to befriend more people and feel more comfortable as she did. Her thoughts were disrupted however as she felt a cold liquid land on her. Taking her sunglasses off and sitting up, Estella wrinkled her nose at the smell. "Yuck." Estella said aloud as she looked up to find someone she recognised from her dorm. She seemed rather apologetic, and the fact that they were sitting so far away from each other made it obvious that it wasn't deliberate. Deliberation would've made the situation quite different, but Estella knew it was an accident and she wasn't going to make any enemies any time soon. She simply sighed. "Argh, it's fine." Estella said, not wanting to touch it with her hands. "How do I get this off me?"

“Sorry, Estella,” Tilly repeated, now recognizing the sunbathing girl as her roommate. “I’ve never played with these before.” It was amazing, really, how quickly Tilly was getting used to the awful smell. Maybe she could get used to playing Gobstones, after all. She prided herself on a strong stomach.

“Uhm- I think the older students learn a cleaning spell?” Tilly had overheard one of the second year Hufflepuffs brag about learning Scourgify, a spell that was difficult to master even for students at that level. “Maybe one of them would help us out?”

Estella knew that Tilly was very apologetic and she didn't want to make matters worse by going on about it. She wanted to make friends and not enemies, and she knew that it was clearly a mistake. "It's called gobstones, right? Was it supposed to do that to me? Because I'm not playing with you." Estella asked curiously, wondering if maybe her game was broken. The Hufflepuff didn't know how she was going to get the putrid liquid off her and sighed at the prospect of having to embarrassingly approach an older student. She didn't know anyone that was older than her at Hogwarts. "Do you know anyone?" Estella asked Tilly, hoping that maybe she did. After all, how else did she know they learnt a cleaning spell?

“The gobstones squirt the loser,” Tilly blurted, then cringed as she realized what she’d said. “I mean, they squirt the person who loses the game. In the face.”

Tilly thought about all of the older students she knew by name. She could count them on both hands. Mazikeen was in Gryffindor house, although she didn’t know where to find her. The Head Girl, Analei, was a Hufflepuff, but probably didn’t have time for a problem like this. There was Linden, but he was only a second year and probably didn’t know the spell either. And Hufflepuff also had some prefects. “Let’s just ask someone out here?” Tilly finally said after deliberating on her short list. At least someone out here was bound to be nice, she reasoned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back