Sun [=

Immy smiled and nodded. It would've been hard. Immy hadn't had to explain to many people where she was going. Immy looked out to the lake. It was glittering in the summer sun. Truly amazing. Immy thought.

"That's good." Immy said smiling brightly. "Are you going to be able to keep in touch with them while your here or not?"

"Im going to try, depends when i get time to go up to the owlery." I should send some soon Lauren thought.
"How about you? Will you be sending messages home?."

Immy nodded. She'd been sending letters home since she'd first arrived in New Zealand. She'd even been able to call home a few times which had felt brilliant. To here the voice of her sister speaking to her on the phone. Immy smiled.

"I have and will. Every now and then when I have the time." Immy said smiling. "It's good to keep in touch with home. Plus sending letter's home using owls for me is a lot quicker than through muggle post."

Lauren never thought about how an owl might make her friends wonder where she was and why she was using them.
Lauren would have to use muggle post even though it would take longer.
"Wow, that must be nice hearing your sister voice." Lauren smiled.
"Have you made any friends yet?" asked Lauren

Immy nodded. It was nice to hear her voice. Immy nodded again, she'd made friends. Quite a few. Most of whom were first years and all of whom were lovely, friendly people.

"Yes, I have. I've made a few really good friends." Immy said smiling. "We're friends. Have you made any?"

Lauren smiled at what Immy said, 'We're Friends'.
"I have a friend called Lisa, she isnt a best friend. Just a friend, and theres you of course." smiled Lauren.
There will be time to make more friends throughout the year. Lauren thought to herself.
"Have you ever played Quidditch, i hear its very popular." said Lauren.

Immy smiled and nodded. She'd met Lisa or a Lisa, they could be talking about a different person with the same name. It was likely, it was a large school full of people. When asked about quidditch Immy was glad to have read about it in a book or she would've been completely clueless.

"I heard. I haven't ever played. I've never even been on a broom." Immy said "Have you?"

"Nope, but i cant wait to start flying lessons. It looks really fun, i've looked at some quidditch paractises and cant wait to try it out!" said Lauren smiling.
"Would you like to try flying?"

Immy nodded. She did want to try flying. It looked fun and freeing to be metres above the ground and feeling the wind against your face. Immy smiled.

"Yeah, I do. I really just can't wait for flying lessons. It's going to be amazing." Immy said smiling "Would you? Do you have a broom?"

"Yeah, it will be really good." Lauren smiled.
"Nope i dont have a broom, i didnt know anything about Quidditch till I came here."
"I really want a broom, but I dont think I need one at the moment because i dont play Quidditch. Does Hogwarts supply you with brooms for flying lessons?" Asked Lauren worringly, she hoped they would.
"Do you have a broom?".

Immy shook her head. She didn't want a broom straight away incase she wouldn't like it. Immy smiled at Lauren.

"I don't have a broom either, so they better supply them or I won't be able to fly." Immy said "I'd really hate that. I really want to learn tricks and things like that. Maybe even try out for the house quidditch team. That would be cool. Do you think you might try out?"

Lauren smiled at Immy, they thought the same thing.
" Yeah, i'd love to be able to learn tricks. I'd love to try out for the house team If im good enough." Lauren said with a smile.
"Dont you have to be in the second year to try out for your house Quidditch team?." wondered Lauren.

Immy shurgged. She hadn't really looked into it. She just thought it would be interesting to play. And to help get the house extra points so they could win the house cup at the end of the year.

"Dunno. I kinda hope not, it would be annoying. I'd really love to play for the team." Immy said "Oh well, it would mean I have a year to get good. I'm sure with plenty of practice the two of us would be good enough for the team."

" Yeah, I reckon we could be" Replied Lauren smiling.
I must ask someone how old you have to be to try out for the Quidditch team thought Lauren.
"I like the fact that we have a few days to settle in before Class starts, you know to get to know the place.
I still think im going to get lost once the school year starts." said Lauren laughing. "Do you think you will?".
So many corridors!, Nothing like the muggle school which was all one level and quite small Thought Lauren

Immy knew she'd get lost. There was no doubt about it the school was so big, the classes so far apart. Immy knew she'd take most of the first half of the year finding her way around but she new that soon everything would be not only easier to find but quicker too.

"I think I'm going to get lost everyday when term starts. There is so much to the school that you know you are at one point going to get lost. I wish I had a map of the place. That would make things so much simpler." Immy said smiling. "We could draw one."

Lauren smiled at what Immy had said.
"Yeah a map would make things simpler." Said Lauren. "Well since we both love drawing and are pretty good at it, i think thats a great idea" Said Lauren beaming.
"When do you think we should start?" asked Lauren still smiling

Immy looked up and over to the castle. She wondered where to begin. She thought maybe it would be best to start from the bottom and work all the way up the school.

"Well, I think it would be best to start at the bottom of the school and work our way up to the top. Also, we'd need lots of paper and pens and notepads." Immy said excited at the thought of doing this map. "We need paper to draw the map on, pens to draw with and the note pads to write everything down. We'd have to write every room and the size of each corridor, things like that so that our map would be perfect and correct. Shall we start now?"

Lauren was excited at this plan. She couldnt wait to get started. Luckily she had brought pens and paper from home to Hogwarts.
"Yeah, lets start now. I've got pens and paper up in my dorm." Said Lauren.
"Wait here, ill be back in a second."
"Lauren ran up to her dorm in the towers and got the pens and paper from out of her trunk and ran all the way back down to the lake. Worn out and panting, she said to Immy: "Here i've got them." She sat back down by the tree and laid out the pens and paper on the ground.
"Where shall we go first?." asked Lauren. This plan was coming together.

Immy watched smiling as Lauren ran to get the paper and pens. It gave her time to think about where to go first in the whole of Hogwarts. The one problem in making a map was the possibility of getting lost. Immy looked up at the castle. Where to first. She saw Lauren run back down towards her and smiled. Then Immy remembered the notebook. She smiled at Lauren.

"Two Seconds." And Immy broke off into a sprint. She left the book of the ground and went to fetch the notebook she'd left on a table in the common room. A few minutes later Immy came running back out the school, notebook in hand. She stopped in front of Lauren and took a deep breath.

"Here is a notebook. I think we should start at the entrance hall. Then go upstairs to the north Tower and finally do the dungeons." Immy said with a smile. "Shall we?"

Oh, yeah the notebook Lauren thought. Relieved that Immy had one. Lauren stood up brushed herself off and replied with: "Yeah sounds great." said lauren with a smile, she could tell this was going to be fun.
" Even if we do get lost it will be part of the fun, and we might find some hidden passageways." Said lauren grinning.

Immy smiled and nodded. She was very excited about this now. Hopefully it wouldn't take too long. The map had to be down before the start of term. Immy would have to write very quickly.

"We might. That would be so cool if we did." Immy said smiling brightly and began slowly walking back to the school.

((Do you want to start the topic in the Entrance hall or shall I?))

Immy walked back out onto the grounds, with her almost full note book. Full of little details that would go towards making an awesome map. Immy continued to walk down to where they had sat only a few hours before. She knew that it wouldn't take long for this map to be finished. Immy sat down in the place where she'd sat before and placed the notebook out in front of her. She looked to Lauren and smiled. She'd made a very good friend and knew that there friendship would last. It hardly couldn't they'd go through the whole school, writing down things and now were making a perfect map. Immy smiled brightly.

"This map is going to be amazing." Immy said to Lauren.

Lauren went and sat down by Immy she felt that they had become really close these past hours, exploring the castle together and laughing. They even had the same hobbies which was great!. Lauren nodded she thought that this map would be great. "right, all we have to do now is put the drawings and notes together." smiled Lauren. She layed out her drawings in order from the dungeons to the North Tower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back