Sun [=

Lauren Gem

OOC First Name
Lauren
Wand
Mahogany Wand 14" Essence of Unicorn Hair
Lauren thought she ought to look round the grounds of the school having been inside the tower all day. She went for a stroll over by the lake and took a place underneath a big tree. You could here nothing but birds tweeting the water in the lake splashing on the bank. It's so nice here, i wish i had someone who had been here before to tell me things about magic, i feel a bit left behind. There was no trace of magic at all in her family tree. Then all of a sudden there was a big bang. It awoke lauren from her day dream. what in the name of merlin was that? lauren questioned herself bewildered.

Immy walked, with a rather large book in hand, along the hogwarts grounds. The book in her arms was titled A brief History of Wizarding New Zealand Immy had found this book in the library and with her love for all things history related Immy had borrowed it. The book was heavy in her arms and Immy feared she'd drop it before she was able to sit down by the lake. Which was where she was heading. Immy spotted a large tree and thought that it would be a good place to read this book. As she walked Immy noticed a girl, sitting aparently day dreaming. Immy stopped for a moment and accidentally let the book fall from her arms. It fell with a crash, it was such a thick and large book it made a bang on the ground. Immy bent down and picked the book back up. She looked up and over to the girl and noticed that she was looking over at where Immy had dropped the book.

"Sorry" Immy said loudly so the girl could hear. She picked up the book and walked closer to the girl. "I'm really sorry about that. Erm, Do you mind if I sit down?"

Lauren looked round and saw a girl, around about her age picking up a book. That must of been the noise.The girl asked if she could sit down. "Oh yeah, sure thats fine." replied Lauren with a smile. "I'm Lauren by the way, what's your name?"

Immy smiled and sat down beside the girl. She placed the book on her lap before looking over at the girl who introduced herself as Lauren. Immy smiled politely at Lauren before responding.

"Imogen but everyone calls me Immy, 1st year Gryffindor." Immy said with a smile. "It's very nice to met you Lauren. It's a very nice day, don't you think."

Lauren smiled back. "Hi immy, im a first year too, but im in ravenclaw. Yeah, it's a really nice day, i like coming down to the lake on days like this." " What are you reading?" asked Lauren.

Immy smiled and looked down at the book. She showed the front cover of the book to Lauren.

"A Brief History of Wizarding New Zealand." Immy said smiling. "It's not the most thrilling, stops your heart, can't put it down type book. But I love history. Do you like reading?"

"Reading?.." not really Lauren thought to herself. " i prefer drawing, the only books i have ever read is books on animals. I love animals." lauren said with a smile. "Do you like animals?"

Immy smiled as Lauren said she liked drawing. Immy liked drawing too and she was actually quite good at it. Immy also liked animals, some animals and she owned a little kitten.

"I love drawing too." Immy said "I like most animals. I own a kitten. She's sleeping right now, up on my dorm bed. Do you have an animal?"

Wow, someone who i have things in common with, maybe making friends isn't as hard as i thought. Wondered lauren. "Wow, cool. I also have a kitten; he's called Dave. He's around here somewhere probably playing by the lake. whats your kittens name?." asked Lauren.

Immy smiled, they both had kittens Immy wondered if it was the same type of cat too. She liked the name Lauren had given her cat. Immy hadn't chosen a very normal name but she thought it suited her cat.

"Belarus, like the country." Immy said smiling. "Speaking of countries, are you from New Zealand?"

" Thats a nice name." why didnt i think of an unusual name? wondered Lauren. " Yeah, i used to live in england but when i was three i moved over here, how about you, are you from new zealand?" asked Lauren .

Immy shook her head. She wasn't from New Zealand and was pretty sure she was the only one who wasn't from New Zealand. Immy didn't mind, she liked that. It meant that everyone here didn't know anything about her and her family unless she'd told them.

"Nope, I'm from Wales. I just come to New Zealand for school" Immy said with a smile. "I really like it here. New Zealand is a lovely country. Where abouts in the England did you live?"

Immy nodded, she did live a long way away. She loved Wales, bar the sometimes awful weather it was a lovely place. A lovely country. Small, hilly, but beautiful.

"Wales is lovely. Weather's not great. It's a lot better here. I don't speak Welsh." Immy said. "I've never been to Cornwall. I've never actually been to England. Which do you prefer, Cornwall or New Zealand?"

"I think i like New zealand better. even though i have family over in england, i feel more at home here. How about you? Do you like New Zealand or wales better?." This was true Lauren had lived in new zealand for 8 years. She had never met her relatives in cornwall.
"Have you got your wand yet?." asked lauren, wondering if it was only her who had bought a wand.

Immy knew straight away what her answer was. Though she was loving New Zealand and knew she would most likely move there when she was older, she loved Wales more than anything. The bad weather, the people, the familiar places which had played a major part in Immy's life.

"Wales, there is no competition. I feel more at home in Wales than I do here at Hogwarts in New Zealand." Immy said with a small laugh. "Yeah, I do" Immy pulled out her wand from her pocket. She carried it everywhere though she didn't know how to do very much with it. "Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose. What about you?"

Lauren Smiled. Phew, im not the only one she thought.
She smiled and said: "Yeah mine is Mahogany Wand 14" Essence of Unicorn Hair."
Lauren felt a bit stupid asking this question since she was a witch but... Just go for it.
"I know this is going to sound really stupid, but do you know any spells yet? I dont. =-/" said Lauren worryingly.

Immy shook her head she had looked at the books that contained how to do the spells but hadn't actually done any spells. Immy wanted to wait till classes started.

"No, I haven't. I don't want to do anything that might back fire on me." Immy said "It's not a stupid question. Do you know any?"

Immy nodded. She was looking forward to that almost as much as learning about history. She wanted to learn the hand movements and spells. This was the first time Immy was attending school so it would be a completely new experience for her to sit in a classroom and learn something.

"I can't wait. It is going to be amazing." Immy said brightly. "This is my first time going to any form of school so I'm a little nervous but looking forward to it. Did you go to muggle school?"

"Yes, i started school when i was 5. It was ok, but it was no-where near as good as hogwarts is." Lauren smiled.
Lauren liked the muggle school. She had friends there.
"How come you never went to school?" Lauren asked.

I'm afraid i have to go. I'll reply tomorow. Bye :)

Immy smiled. The question was one Immy knew would come. People were always curious as to why Immy had grown up in a muggle community and lived without really a care about the fact she was a witch. Immy had lived as a muggle even though her mother was a witch.

"I wasn't able to. Problems at home which meant I couldn't go." Immy said. She didn't really want to explain too much about why she didn't. It was complicated. "Hogwarts is amazing. Did you like muggle school? My sister is starting this year. I don't what its like so I'm a little worried about her."

((It's okay I'll see you tomorrow))

" Oh, right." Lauren thought not to press this question longer as imogen looked uncomfortable.
"Muggle school is ok, Nothing compared to hogwarts though. But i liked it, i had friends there, I'm sure your sister will be fine." Replied Lauren with a smile. :)

Immy smiled. She knew it would be fine. Her sister was brave, she'd be able to handle it. Immy looked at Lauren and smiled. She was really beginning to like this girl. Immy knew she'd make a good friend.

"I'm sure she will." Immy said smiling. "Wasn't it hard, leaving your friends and not being able to tell them where you were going?"

"Yeah it was, they all asked where i was going and i just told them i was going to a boarding school ages away "
Lauren remembered the tearfull goodbyes.
"But when i go back in the summer we'll meet up again." said Lauren with a smile.
Lauren finally felt she was making friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back