OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Kat was running around the house trying to get everything ready. Her friends would be here soon and she wanted everything to be perfect. Her mum had gone to the muggle store and bought every sort of junk food that you could possibly imagine and dad had done the same thing when he had been in Brightstone Village. "Mum, Dad, Rena! Get your butts down here! They'll be here soon!" she yelled obnoxiously throughout the house, hoping that they would hurry as she wanted to make sure that none of them would embarrass her in front of Rhyspa and Kailey.

Kailey made her way up the driveway to the Vanderhol home, Dragging two medium sized rolling suitcases behind her as she walked. They were very wobbly and often turned over causing her to have to stop several times to flip them back onto their wheels, This caused a great delay in her time and Rhyspa was probably already there by this point. She finally got frustrated and picked them up and broke out in a run, but that didn't last too long as she soon ran out of breath. But thankfully she was there, she sat the suitcases down on the porch and knocked on the door.

"Ugh! Mom, dad, Rena! They're here!" Kat called out, slightly annoyed. Finally giving up on finding them she went and answered the door. "Kailey! You're here! Did you have any trouble finding it?" Kat asked as she hugged her friends tightly. "Come in! Just leave your suitcases there and we'll take them upstairs in a little while." she added as the showed her friend inside the cottage.

"Kat!" Kailey exclaimed before proceeding to return the death hug. "No, and okay!" she replied as she put her suitcases behind the front door. "So has Rhyspa gotten here yet or am I not as horribly late getting here as I think I am?" Kailey asked still excited to be here with Kat and Rhyspa. She looked around at the inside of the cottage and it reminded her alot of her own old cabin.

"Nope! You're here first!" Kat said as she took Kailey's hand and lead her into the kitchen. "Do you want anything to drink? How about something to eat? Mum's making spaghetti for supper is that okay with you?" she rattled off the series of questions without taking a breath. Kat just wanted everything to be perfect as she'd never had friends over before and she wanted everyone to have a great time.

Before Kailey knew it she found herself being led to the kitchen. "Yeah spagetti's fine... Erm, you wouldn't mind if I looked in the fridge to get something to drink do you?" she asked hesitantly, some famalies were very touchy over their things and Kailey had never really been a guest at a friends house before, she wanted to make sure she didn't do anything to upset Kat's family.

Cystine walked into the kitchen just as the girl with her daughter was with asked if she could get something to drink. "Of course you can dear!" she said with a warm smile and then asked, "Are you Kailey or Rhyspa?" Cystine then looked at her daughter and said with a slight glare, "And just what in the bloody name of Merlin are you shouting at us for? Your dad and Serena are out back and I was upstairs getting the two rooms ready."

Kat blushed scarlet as her mother fussed at her and she said sheepishly, "Sorry mum! Got a little excited I think! You know me!" She cheesed the biggest smile she could...it used to get her out of trouble when she was little and maybe it would work now. "Anyways, this is Kailey! Rhyspa will probably be here any time now. Are there rooms ready now? If they are then I'll take Kailey's bags upstairs now!" she asked curiously.

"Yes the rooms are ready. You go ahead and take Kailey's bags up while I get her a snack. It will still be a while before we eat." she replied to her eldest daughter and then scooted her out of the kitchen and into the hallway. She whispered to Kat, "Don't worry! I won't embarrass you while your gone! Well...not horribly anyways!" Cystine winked and then motioned for Kat to head upstairs.

Kat rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at her mother, but couldn't help but laugh. "I'll get you back!" she said as she grabbed Kailey's bags and took them upstairs to the room her friend would be staying in.
264pekl.jpg

Kat looked at the small little pink room. She remembered back to last summer at Kiera's and the room that she had stayed in. It had practically been the size of Kat's whole house, but this was home for Kat and she hoped that Kailey would like it.

Kailey made a move to offer to help but realized that her actions were severely delayed as Kat was already half way up the stairs with both of her bags. "Oh well" she said quietly to herself before smiling. "Hello Mrs. Vanderhol." she said trying her hardest to be polite and friendly to her friends parents.

"Oh please dear, call my Cystine. Mrs Vanderhol is my mother-in-law!" she replied with a bit of light laughter. "What can I get for you? And just so you know there is plenty to drink in the fridge and tons of snack in the cabinets. You can just snoop through there if you want a snack, no need to ask!" she added with a warm smile. Cystine wanted to make this holiday as wonderful as possible for Kat and her friends, hoping to bring her daughter out of the present funk she seemed to have fallen into.

"Oh, Just a glass of water please." Kailey replied politely giving cystine a small smile, she had never really been that good around friends parents. After the disastirous misunderstanding that had happened at one of her old muggle friends houses years ago Kailey had always been sure to be polite and clear with what she was trying to say to adults.

"Mum! Where's the floo powder?" Rhyspa shouted from the den. "It's in the kitchen! Rhyspa grumbled a bit, and went to look for it. She found it under the sink and went back to the den. Her mother and sister were there waiting for her; her luggage in the fire place. "Mum," Rhyspa said. "It's only going to be a week. I'll be back with Kat and Kailey then." Analease smiled and nodded. Rhyspa went over to hug her mother and sister. "Love you! I'll see you soon!" Rhyspa walked over to the fire place and stepped into it. She grabbed a handful of floo powder and shouted, "Vanderhol Cottage!" Rhyspa and her luggage went up in green flame and moments later she was in what she hoped to be Kat's family fire place.

"Hello?" Rhyspa called out. "Is anyone home?"

Kat heard Rhyspa calling from downstairs. She had forgot that her friend was arriving by floo network so she ran downstairs, slipping once, but catching herself before she fell. She hopped to the landing from the third step from the bottom and headed into the living room. "Hey Spa! You made it! Kailey's here already! Come with me and I'll show you your room and you can put your things up there!" she said as she grabbed Rhyspa's bags and headed back upstairs.
25r1mye.jpg

"Here you are! What do you think?" Kat said breathlessly as they arrived at her best friends room. She hoped desperately that she would like it.

"Hi Kat!" Rhyspa beamed. "Your house is very lovely!" she said as she followed her best friend up stairs. They came to a beautiful blue room which Kat announced as hers for the week. "Kat this is wonderful!" She set her messenger bag on the bed and said, "So, now for the fun!" Rhyspa's grin widened. "Where's Kailey? Lets get our summer break started!"

"She's downstairs in the kitchen with my mum! Let's go! Summer holidays here we come!" she said as she laughed and headed downstairs. "Kailey! She's here!" Kat yelled when they were almost to the bottom. She was feeling very excited. This was the most excited she'd been about anything in quite some time and she was glad to finally be pulling out of her slump.

Kailey soon heard her other best friend Rhyspa come into the Vanderhol cottage through the fireplace. Their house was connected to the floo network but Kailey couldn't have used it to get there even if she had thought to where her dad was home. He freaked out when he first saw Juanita being engulfed in flames and now thought we had disconnected it from the house.

"Kailey!" Rhyspa squealed, engulfing her friend in a hug. "This is going to be so much fun!" Rhyspa was hyper and needed to waste some energy. "Are we allowed to fly?" she asked Kat, eagerly.

Kat beamed from ear to ear when Rhyspa asked about flying. "Dad's out back now with Serena making sure that all the charms are set up over the field. So yes! Did you both bring your brooms?" she said practically jumping up and down with excitement. She then looked over to her mother and said, "Is it okay if we fly a little bit before dinner mum? Please!"

Cystine grabbed a glass out of the cabinet and filled it with water from the sink. She handed it to Kailey just as she heard someone come in through the living room, but then heard Kat plunder down the stairs and then back up them. It must have been her daughters other friend, Rhyspa. "She's been so excited for you all to get here!" Cystine said in a hushed tone to Kailey just as her daughter and another girl whom she assumed to be Rhyspa came into the room. She watched with a smile at the small reunion, glad that Kat had such good friends at school. Made her worry about her a little less. When her daughter asked about flying she said, "I suppose, but only for an hour or so. I'll call you all in when dinner is almost ready so that you can all wash up."

"Yes! You're the best mum!" Kat practically squealed as she hugged her mothers neck tightly. She looked to her two best friends and said, "You guys ready? Dad's going to wonder where we are!"

Kailey had enough sense to put the glass of water down wen she heard Rhyspa squeal her name lest she wanted water all over the kitchen. "Rhyspa!" Kailey exclaimed engulfing her friend in a huge bear hug. When she was released she took a sip of the water before answering "I've got mine, let me go get it." she said before getting her broom out from behind the door. She then walked back into the kitchen, quickly drank the rest of the water, rinsed the spot shere she had had her mouth, dried the cup out with a near by towel and handed it back to Mrs. Vanderhol. "Thanks for the water" she said to the woman.

"It's nice to meet you, Mrs. Vanderhol!" Rhyspa said cheerily. If possible, her grin widened when she said they could go flying. Rhyspa climbed the stairs to get her broom and brought it back with her. "I'm ready!"

"I'm ready too!" Kailey exclaimed giving her broom a small, slightly unnecessary wiggle. She needed this, it was getting her mind off of Njord.

[Mayhaps we should start another week... Or just decide what happened the next two weeks as the breaks coming to a close?]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back