Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
pansexual
Wand
Aspen Wand 12 1/2" Dragon Heartstring Core
Cyzarine had been promoted in her role at the monthly, from intern to reporter and she was so very pleased. The progression had been a very normal part for Cyzarine given that she had written articles for the monthly. But it still felt nice. SHe was also looking forward to writing more, looking forward to creating more articles and doing a little bit more. Cyzarine was very excited about it. The gryffindor found the greatest amount of joy in writing. There was another good thing about this year of the monthly that she was looking forward to. One of her best friends had joined her in the monthly. Cyzarine had spotted Violet at the last meeting and told herself that she should reach out to her friend and spend some time with her, especially as she had taken her suggestion and was now a part of the Hogwarts Monthly. She had decided that they could spend some time together at the Monthly. The gryffindor spotted the girl when she entered the Hogwarts monthly area and walked over, plopping down next to her with a little smile. ”I’m so glad you joined the monthly!” Cyzarine told her excited as she pulled out her notes for the article that she was intending to write. She always had a few ideas and was always looking to expand upon them. ”How are you Vi? Did you have a good holiday?” her tone was light and cheerful and there was a smile on her features as she spoke.

Vi, at first was hesitant about joining Hogwarts Monthly. But, after the chat she had with Cyzarine, who is pretty much the only friend she had in this school, Vi was convinced to join. She attended the fair, met with both editors and signed the sheet to join the club. From that point on, Vi was brainstorming article ideas she can write for the paper. At the top of her head, she thought of writing about the auror she met last year at Brighstone Village if someone hasn’t done so already. Or something on social norms, questioning life's most important questions. Something in that headspace, Vi was still contemplating on topics when Cyzarine sat down one day while she was in the club’s working space. Vi pulled her journal quickly up to her chest, shielding Cyzarine from her list. “Me too, thanks,” Vi offered the faintest smile she was less willing to give. They were best friends, still, Vi was overly protective from oversharing. Vi shrugs, “It was okay, I went to Connecticut to visit with my stepdad,” Vi nods. “He was happy to see me. How was yours? Did any sort of writing while you were away?”

Cyzarine smiled at her friend, she noticed that the other girl was hiding her work a little, which Cyzarine didn’t mind, she ignored it. ”Connecticut? That’s in America right?” the teen asked, she didn’t know america all that well, only the bits and pieces she’d heard from either others but not that well. She was also just curious about the holiday that her friend had had. She nodded and smiled, ”I went to Russia with my mama, we always go back for a little while, see all the old haunts, talk to my old friends, you know, we compare schools and stuff,” The girl replied with a wide smile. She gave a little nod, ”Mama always makes me write a little bit about the holiday,” the girl said, ”Did you do much writing over the break?” The girl asked, ”I think I want to do another halloween article, like last year, have you given some thought about your first article will be about?” Cyzarine knew that it was fun to have a first article to write, she had happily written an article about halloween as her first and it did hold a special place in her heart too because of it. Likely why she wanted to write another one.

Vi forgets that not everyone was familiar with the names of the states back home and CT is not all that glamorous compared to New York and California. Connecticut, dubbed as the nutmeg state, whatever that is.”Yes, it is. Don’t visit, it’s not that impressive. You wouldn’t like it.” Vi warns her, not to just keep her away from her home but it really wasn’t that impressive. She wished her mom could move to London or a another city for their vacation home. If she weren’t a werewolf Vi would try to convince the woman to move. No chance for that ever happening. “Russia? I didn’t know you were Russian…,” Vi nibbles, biting down her lips. Interesting. “Like a journal?” Vi asked her fellow brunette, “I just been looking through old newspapers back home, they’re poorly written but just to get an idea I went through them,” Vi shrugs, “Maybe short stories, or whatever. It depends if that Wilson girl would like my idea. I won’t say until I’ve made up my mind.”

Last edited:
Cyzarine frowned a little when Violet said that she wouldn’t like it, she’d enjoy being her own judge of that. ”I’m sure it has some lovely bits too,” she didn’t know how big it was or how expansive the area was but it probably wasn’t nearly as bad as she was making it sound. There were likely good and bad qualities to it, like everywhere. She smiled brightly at her, ”Yeah! I’m from Russia, we moved to New Zealand cause my dad’s here, I miss russia a lot. It’s great, some nice spots and some not spots,” the teen told her with a rbgith smile. ”If you ever want to go, I’ll happily show you around my bit,” he told her with a happy smile, after all she would happily show her best friend around her home country, her home town, show her her friends and the old places she had gone. ”Kinda, mama gives me notes and stuff so I know if I’m doing well or even just better, it helps my english and now keeps up my russian,” Cyzarine said, it wasn’t officially just a journal and it wasn’t just her who read it. ”A short story, do you like more creative writing, than article sort writing?”

Vi shrugs spiritless, “I don’t know if it has, I don’t get out much except to this bridge,” Vi says more than what she normally wants to say. It’s getting harder to be close off when you’re becoming vehement to have a best friend and tell them all your secrets and truths. Vi doesn’t know how much longer she can pretend to be this way, she trusts Cyzarine. Or at least she thinks she does. “Hmmm, how come you didn’t stay? Why didn’t you go to that school, Koldovstoretz?” Vi questioned the Gryffindor. Vi knows about some of the other schools, not all, mostly the Europeans schools as she had the thought of attending before coming here. To get as far away as possible from mom, but, that wouldn’t be very helpful if I left her to terrorize the innocent people of New Zealand. Vi felt strongly she would be at fault there had she deserted her family, her mom like that. “Oh, what are you talking about your English is good. I can understand you,” Vi tells her. Vi sits up, looking down at her list, ”Not really, maybe. I don’t know. I was thinking of writing a small little series about a werewolf, I just don’t believe it will sound any good. I’ll think of something else.”

Last edited:
Cyzarine nodded as Violet told her that she tended to go to the bridge, she wondered if this bridge was cool or if it was just close by. The teen wanted to know about Violet and where she visited, but she could always get the feeling that Violet was less forthcoming than Cyzarine was. She gave a little sympathetic smile, ”My grandparents died, and my mother decided to move to where my dad was,” the gryffindor said explaining it like it was pretty obvious. But of course for Vi who might not have known about it, it would be brand new information for her. At the point she giggled happily, ”That’s so nice of you to say Vi, but my english has improved a lot since I got to Hogwarts, you know being surrounded by the language is helpful,” she told her though it was clear that Cyzarine was very pleased to have her english complimented. She always tended to worry about her english, because it was a second language that she was not particularly confident about. She nodded along as Violet then explained what she was thinking about writing about. Werewolf. That was cool, she had no doubt that Vi would write an amazing story. ”That’ll be cool. Do you know what sort of angle you would have during it?”

Vi’s expression dropped than it was before, “Oh...I’m sorry to hear about your grandparents. Were you close to them?” The Slytherin asked it would be bad if she weren’t. Having been around Cyzarine for a while, Vi couldn’t picture her best friend ever saying anything negative about anyone. Vi wonders if the girl ever harbors any negative thoughts about others. Again, it was hard to imagine her friend thinking that way. “Well, I wouldn’t have guessed that English is your second language. You should be proud of yourself,” Vi can certainly learn from her. Coming from a family that had Hispanic and Latino ancestors, Vi spoke very little Spanish. Vi cleared her throat, brushing her lifeless hair away from her face. “No, it’s a stupid idea. I’ll come up with something else and run it by Sophie and see what she thinks? I don’t want it to be generic, bland. It has to be something I would be interested in writing.”

Cyzarine gave a little nod, ”Yeah, we were very close, but it’s okay,” she told her, assuring Violet that it was fine, but that she didn’t need to ask any more questions about it. She didn’t want to drag a good mood down because she was thinking about her grandparents, even if she had mostly dealt with her feelings regarding them it didn’t make it all that much easier for her to talk about them. It was still occasionally fresh, but she would tell Violet anything she might want to know about it, if she asked. At the compliment she grinned happily, ”That’s so nice of you to say!” Cyzarine had been learning english for most of her life, it had always been taught, her mother had been keen for her to know it, so she’d been good enough at it, but being in New Zealand had definitely helped improve it, make it more fluid, help become more natural at it. She was a little surprised that Vi seemed to immediately discard the idea, ”I think it’s a good idea Vi, for what its worth,” She could understand if Vi then decided to write about something else, but that had been a pretty good idea. She could imagine herself being pretty eager to write about something like that.

Vi averts her gaze from her best friend’s usually optimistic front. Her mother lost Vi's grandmother when she was about Vi’s age. Supposedly they had a very difficult relationship, one filled with secrets and lies. As difficult as their relationship was according to her mother, the woman still loved her. Vi notice the sadness in the woman’s eyes when her mother spoke of her grandmother. There was more she wanted to tell, more she wanted to say to make Vi understand. Instead of rehashing depressing memories from the past, she told Vi; ‘One can’t choose to be born into a great family, one just had to make the best of the one they got.’ That line stayed stuck with ever since that day her mother spoke it out loud. Her grandmother may have not been that great but her mother loved and missed her. Vi turns to her friend to search for that same hurt she saw in her mother’s eyes, it was subtle but there. Vi dropped the subject as it was a delicate one to discuss. “I’ll keep it in mind for a future issue, now that I'm thinking about it someone from my house didn’t like the chatter section from the last issue. My brother was asking who wrote it, do you know who did?”

Cyzarine never had to work hard to present an optimistic front, she tended to just attempt to always see the positive. They had been a close knit family and the deaths had hit her hard, but she held the positive memories she had of them and was able to smile a little easier whenever she or others brought them up. The girl knew that things happened to people all of the time. Bad things just happened and there was nothing that could be done about it. She smiled at the girl keep a bright expression as she did so. It was nice though to focus on discussing something else, to go over this thing that they both shared. She had read over the published version, of course. But she hadn’t found anything that bad. ”I’m not sure, didn’t it have a name against it, like the other articles did?” she had to admit she paid some attention to who wrote what but it wasn’t always that close attention. She tended to forget who wrote them until she looked back. She was a little surprised that people didn’t like it. The chatter section maybe wasn’t the nicest section but it wasn’t a bad section. She had thought it was intriguing. ”Why didn’t they like it? Did they say why?” Cyzarine asked curiously.

Vi frowns, “No, which I found strange. I guess Sophie allowed it to be published without a name,” the Slytherin thought over the section. It was like reading those tabloids back home, the ones you find in grocery stores. Reading the headlines on those things made Vi want to gouge her eyes out. It was distasteful, nothing but gossip, half-truths and a whole lot of exaggeration. “He didn’t say, I think it had something to do with that prefect he hangs around with,” Vi deliberated this out loud. Again, she thinking back what her brother said and if she has ever spoken to Alistair. She hasn’t yet, Alistair came across like the quiet type, which is why she didn’t get her brother’s interest in the blonde teen. She totally aware Aciano swung both ways, Alistair didn’t strike her type Aciano would go after.

Cyzarine nodded, she thought it was also a little strange that no name had been published along side of it, but Cyzarine trusted the leader of the monthly, if only because she was also, in Cyzarine’s mind a good person. There were very few people that she had a negative opinion on. She liked everyone and wanted to like everyone. She didn’t think hating people was much use of her time, they would really need to be going out of there way for Cyzarine to not think a little slither of them wasn’t good. The gryffindor gave a small thought, ”Have you tried asking Sophie?” Cyzarine thought it would be the best course of action, to be direct and clear about what she was asking. There was no reason to not think there might be a completely valid point or reason for why it happened. ”I can go ask her if you don’t want to?” the girl then offered, she could figure that violet was a less direct type than her so it might work a little better if she were to do it.

Vi visibly shook her head, "Negative, I mean she allowed it. It had to go through her to get the issue published," Vi remarks. "If she didn't see a problem with it, then she allowed it right?" Vi questions her friend. "And it's a brand new section in the paper because I didn't see any of that in previous issues," she pauses trying to get to the point of her little rant. Feeling like she said about enough, the Slytherin shrugs her shoulders and decline the offer from the lioness. "No, don't bother. He, they're graduating soon anyway. Sophie and my brother are leaving school. Maybe it won't be a problem next year. We won't know until after the break."

Cyzarine shrugged at Violet, she could admit that the leader of the monthly had allowed it to be published, but it didn’t mean that she couldn’t still ask about it. Cyzarine could see that while the girl had allowed it, that perhaps it was because she thought it was fine, if someone else had highlighted that it wasn’t perhaps all good, maybe she might restrict it. But instead of jumping in with her solutions, she got the impression Violet just wanted to vent about it. So, Cyzarine let her do just that. She nodded at her and then gave a little smile, ”Well, if the new person coming in does the same, then if you want we can go talk to them,” Cyzarine told her, attempting to assure her friend that she was in support of her and that if she wanted to Cyzarine would do what she wanted with or for her. ”Cause I don’t mind doing that,” CYzarine tried to assure her, that she really didn’t mind doing that kind of thing, expressing herself, making herself known to people who might not like it. ”And you know, if it continues you could always do a response piece?” Cyzarine said, ”Or I could,”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back