Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
??
Wand
Knotted 9 Inch Flexible Cherry Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Leia was always looking for new places to go and study, but the north tower was a long way from where she might otherwise go. It was far from her dorm room, practically the other end of the school building, but she’d come to realise in her plan that she cared a little less if non-slytherin’s saw her studying more. Or saw her reading a great deal. But she was venturing up today before the light of the late summer day was streaming in and the dark dreary dorms of slytherin were not particularly appealing. She didn’t think her brother or sister knew how much better their dorms were in comparison. She walked into the north tower, where she knew the light would probably be good and stopped short noting someone was already in the room. It was a boy in her year and he appeared to be...drawing or painting..really just evidently not studying. ”Do you mind if I read in here?” she asked loudly with a slightly short tone.

Alexander had liked hanging around the north tower. He never spent much time there though but did like the quietness of it all. It had helped him focus with either schoolwork or with his art, like his paintings in such. He had decided that he wanted to get some painting done, as he had completed most of his schoolwork earlier and had thought that this would be the perfect time to get some painting done. Alex was halfway through his painting, which he had done in his journal that he would carry around, he had noticed a girl about his age and year. "No, not a-at all," Alex said, with his usual stutter lingering in.

Leia nodded, ignoring the boy’s stutter and instead finding herself a spot in the room where she could maximise the light as she studied. She opened her books and placed them in front of her before she glanced back up at the boy. ”What are you doing?” she asked him rather bluntly, she could tell that he was painting, or drawing, but there was a whole room for that. It didn’t escape her knowledge that she too had other places to study, more places than there were dedicated to the arts, but it just seemed like such a waste of the school space. But then she was also pretty genuinely curious as to what he was doing. ”I’m Leia, by the way, we’re in the same year group,” she added, in an attempt to seem a little friendlier, perhaps if she was friendlier he would much more easily tell her what she wanted to know about what he was doing.

Alexander looked up at the girl again. "Oh, I'm just d-doing some s-sketches. I wanted to d-draw the scenery out t-there" Alex said with his slight stutter and a small smile, as he pointed towards the small window. He had liked the scenery that was out of the small window that you could see through in the north tower and had thought it would be a great idea. He also wanted to try a different environment and see how it went. "Hi, It's nice to m-meet you. I'm Alexander but y-you can call me Alex if that's easier for you" Alex says with a small smile and stutter before going back to his sketchbook.

Leia listened as the boy said, with a little difficulty that he was doing some sketches, drawing the outside from the inside. ”Is it a good place up here for that?” she asked quickly, part of her genuinely curious about if it was or not. She nodded at his name, Alex or Alexander it didn’t really matter to her which it was. Alexander was his full name, and she was most likely to use that. She looked back at her book and casually began reading over it. A few minutes passed in silence before Leia decided to break it again. She didn’t know why she wanted to speak to this boy, she was maybe just bored of the book she was reading. Bored of what subject she was revising. So she was speaking to the person there. If he wasn’t there she’d have maybe worked better or just stared at things in silence.

Alexander shrugs his shoulders slightly. "I mean, it k-kinda is, but I like the c-challenge," Alex says with a slight laugh and shrugs slightly again. He liked to draw and having some challenges along the way kinda helped him slightly get better if there were some slight challenges in there sometimes. Alex went back to his drawing again, as Leia had gone back to her book, with some silences were broken in between, but he didn't mind. "What a-are you reading a-about?" Alex said curiously with his usual stutter popping into his sentences, as he tried to see what she was reading, while also trying not to ruin his sketch in the process.

Leia wasn’t sure why anyone would need the challenge...it seemed silly, especially if he was just taking about drawing. She rolled her eyes lightly but there was no real heart behind it, since really the issue was that Leia didn’t understand. She went back to her book and just focused on it instead. She didn’t actually need to hear about it. About him. About his drawings. But then he asked about her book. SHe glanced at it and then back at him...he was probably just being polite, ”It’s just a books about jinxes,” she replied. She didn’t want him to think she was revising, and really it was a book about defence against the dark arts specifically looking at curses and jinxes, but jinxes were associated with fun, so perhaps if he thought only that he’d think she was reading something more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back