Styx Manor

Namina Karochen

OOC First Name
Sir Kaitlyn
Namina hurried around the house, rather excited. Jaken was coming home! For a few days! She had Vasilka here, even if she had to be on the couch or in bed at all times. Namina glanced over at Vasilka to see her in the large living room, hovering a fake black rose. Kalif was gone to get him, and Namina had to have his son's room ready. She finally waved her wand and casted 'Scourgify' nonverbally to clean up the entire manor. It wasn't nearly as big as their mansion back in Bulgaria, but it was a large, decent looking home. All it needed was a few touches. Namina plopped down on the couch next to Vasilka, which made her drop her rose. Namina smiled warmly. She heard the door open, and she was ready to leap off the couch.

Jaken opened the doors, with his father right behind him. He wished he was back at school, with Estrella. The Yule Ball still amazed him. He didn't even get a look in the manor before his mother wrapped her arms around his neck. He smiled, "Okay, okay, mom, I missed you too." He gently pushed her away. He grinned at her. His eyes caught Vasilka on the couch, levitating a fake black rose. He walked over to the couch and sat down next to her. He noticed something different about her. She was more depressed, as if she was grieving. He felt concern and he inquired, "What happened to you, Vasilka?"

Kalif walked Jaken into the house, and grinned a bit, seeing how happy Namina was. She was well behaved today, and he wouldn't have to jinx her. He gave Namina a hug before hissing, "Don't let him know that I am teaching at the school just yet. I need to find a way to keep him quiet. I'll have to look something up." He left the living room, and went into the library. He shut the door to be uninterrupted.

Vasilka focused on the black rose rising in the air. She put her wand away. She completely ignored Jaken for just a moment. She had to try to levitate the black rose wandlessly. Vasilka set it on the wooden coffee table ahead of her, and focused. Her eyes narrowing, showing frustration. The black rose trembled a bit, before rising only a few centimeters in the air before dropping. Her dark eyes gazed to Jaken. She sighed and glanced around, seeing Kalif and Namina leave. "I married, in July. To Todor. He was...murdered by Death Eaters. They didn't bother me. They didn't harm me. And well...I soon suffered a miscarriage a few weeks ago. I lost everything. My love, my child. To be honest, Jaken, I don't know if I will ever be the same." A single tear rolled from her right eye. Vasilka felt betrayed by her body, but she didn't wipe it away either.

Jaken watched in amusement as Vasilka attempted to do wandless magic. She may be out of school and intelligent, but wandless magic is hard for someone as young as her to do. Seeing the rose slowly rise then fall again, Jaken grinned. He wanted to try, but it was illegal for underage wizards to do magic. He listened to Vasilka. Whoa, after all these events happened not so long ago, she really does need help. She wouldn't be evil until she gotten over the loss of her husband and child. And at such a young age too! I don't know if I can help her though. Jaken felt a twinge of guilt once the tear rolled down her white cheeks. Jaken put his arm around her and coaxed, "If there is anything you want me to do, just tell me. We have had our...well, nothing but downs in the past, but this is what family is for." He smiled at her.

Namina watched her husband vanish into the library. She heard the children talking, or rather, each exchanged words only once. Namina closed the front door and went to sit on the other side of Vasilka. Namina gave Vasilka a reassuring smile, and held Vasilka's icy hands in hers. "We are here for you. Iulia and Veylo weren't. You might not be used to all the affection here, except from Kalif, but you will be showered with love and happiness while you are moved in here." Namina spoke truth in her words. She cared for Vasilka like her own daughter. She looked up at Jaken and smiled at him as well. Her blue eyes went back to Vasilka and waited for her responce.

Vasilka gave a small smile to Jaken. But he was a male. He could never understand. Never. She snickered a bit at the remark with the nothing but downs in the past. But how could she ever grow to trust him? Her trust for everyone had died along with her husband and baby. She felt Namina's hands upon hers. Namina's body heat radiated from her hands into Vasilka's skin. It felt like a painless fire licking her hands repeatedly. Oftenly, she wondered why her skin stayed so cold, even if her temperature always stayed a couple degrees lower than normal. She lowered her head and her silk-like hair flowed around her body. She murmured, "Thank you...but..." Vasilka stood up and turned to face them. Her eyes fierce as always. She hissed coldly, "This experience doesn't need the likes of either of you. Jaken, you know nothing." The last word rolled off her tongue in a dark tone. She turned to Namina, "I appreciate you trying to reach me, but the only one who ever could was Todor. So, if you don't mind..." Vasilka walked from them. And she stopped in front of the stairs, which would lead to her room. She had to see their reactions to her cold remarks.

Jaken felt shcoked by Vasilka's reaction. Then again, it didn't really surprise him at all. It felt too true that Vasilka turned nice, even for one moment. Jaken felt appalled that even Vasilka would act like her old self even in a time like this. Jaken heard Vasilka walk away. Jaken shook his head and covered his face with his hands. He then placed them in his lap and turned to his mother, "Who would have thought that this would have happen? How could she be so cold?"

Namina gasped in fright as Vasilka reacted negatively to the warmth she had tried to give to her. Namina watched her leave the living room and head toward the stairs. Namina sighed and heard Jaken's questions. She answered, not looking at Jaken but instead at the hardwood floor, "It is the cursed Zhefarovich personality. Kalif has that exact same coldness, but he also has the violence Vasilka lacks. At least, from what I know. The Zhefarovich family usually has the traits of being attracted to Dark magic, anger, cold, and well, cruelty. I am so glad you aren't like that, anymore." Namina referred to his behavior last year. She gave him a warm smile.

Vasilka smirked and murmured under her breath, "They don't know about the Dark Arts." Vasilka glanced back up the stairs. Her left foot stepped onto the first stair up. Her vision went side to side. Vasilka's eyes squinted, trying to steady out the dizziness. She noticed that the dizziness continued to worsen with each passing moment. Vasilka's hand went straight for the banister to hold herself up. Vasilka tried to go up the stairs anyway. By the time she got up to the fifth step, her vision blurred to where she couldn't see at all. Her legs gave out from under her. She collapsed on the stairs. She gasped in pain. She felt too weak to lift up her own body.

Jaken knew about the traces of the Zhefarovich family. Luckily, he had more control overhis actions, and had more of his mother in him rather than his father. He wondered where Alessine had disappeared off to. It seemed rather strange. His uncle had vanished as well. Prodan and Alessine, where could they have gone? Just as he dismissed his thoughts, he heard someone falling onto the stairs. He turned to his mother, "Vasilka!" Jaken leaped off the couch and rushed to Vasilka, seeing her face writhe in pain. Jaken bent down and lifted the light girl into his arms.

Namina barely heard the thud on the stairs. She saw Jaken leap from the couch. Namina swiftly followed him and gasped at Vasilka on the floor. Jaken had picked her into his arms. Namina led Jaken up the stairs and into the bedroom. Namina ordered softly, "Put her on the bed." Vasilka's pained face burned into Namina's memory.

Vasilka gasped for air, wondering why she was suffering so. She knew that she was only bringing it upon herself. Being guilty over losing a child, and mourning over her husband took a toll on her heart. It must have lowered her immunity to illnesses. It made her even more sick than she should be. She felt someone lift her into his arms. Must be Jaken... Kalif wouldn't care to do something like this. But...Jaken would? Vasilka's vision began to clear, and her eyes saw the concern in Jaken's face. Vasilka knew that her face showed the pain she was in. She felt as though flames licked her stomach. The burning sensation wouldn't fade. She felt a bed under her. Her head rested on the fluffy pillows. She murmured, "Todor..." Her eyes closed, and drifted into blackness.

Namina heard Vasilka's soft murmur. She shook her head, Some way to spend your life. She knew that Vasilka would be mourning for the rest of her young life. She felt curiously that maybe Vasilka would end up taking her own life, but she was too much of a fighter to want to be like that. Namina stroked her cold face as she drifted off into sleep. She turned to Jaken, "Let's leave her alone. She needs her rest. And, according to Kalif, you will be heading back within a few days. I think we should go to Bulgaria, and visit. Want to?"

Jaken bit his lip as he set Vasilka to the bed. He heard her mutter her dead husband's name. He turned to Namina, and then back to Vasilka. Jaken nodded, wanting to see his home country. Vasilka wouldn't want to go, even if she was from Bulgaria. She would want to go back to Germany, assumed Jaken. Jaken nodded at his mother, "Yes, mom. I would love to go. Vasilka should be fine here with dad." Jaken smiled once again at Namina, loving his mother's aura of warmth that comforted people, even in distress.

Kalif walked the halls of the second floor, where resided the bedrooms, a library, and an entertainment room. The only bedroom which wasn't located on the second floor was Jaken's, who lived on the most upper level on the house. Kalif paused, and turned to Vasilka's bedroom door. It was slightly opened. His hand pushed on the dark wood, revealing her bedroom. Kalif's dark eyes scanned the room. Vasilka had already made it to where everything was black as coal. Even her bed had a black curtain around it. Kalif's eyes focused on the young, eighteen-year-old woman. Kalif gave her a smirk, "Happy Birthday, Vasilka." Kalif had the house elf prepare some sweets for Vasilka.

Vasilka, who was resting on her bed, in her black gown that covered her shoulders, most of her neck and her body, put down her horror novel. She felt a pressence lurking outside of her room. Kalif walked in, and Vasilka smirked as he looked disapprovingly around the room. Vasilka immediately stopped smirking as he remembered what today was. Also, this was the day Jaken was returning to New Zealand, and then off to school. She glanced down and saw the house elf bring her a tray of a variety of cookies and scurry off again. Vasilka's eyes trailed up Kalif, stopped at his arm where the Mark rested, and finally ending at his dark eyes, which matched hers. "To what do I owe the honor of having you here, on such a day like this? I didn't think you recognized birthdays." Vasilka reached for a cookie and took a small bite in it. The flavor of chocolate chips made her smile. Her favorite cookie.

Kalif pushed the tray of cookies closer to Vasilka. He stood over her, and then sat down on the bed next to her. Kalif snickered at her remark, "Even people like me care. What you are going through, to be honest, I don't pity you. You went and ended up pregnant, and went into a marriage extremely early for your age. I don't care whether he was your true love or not. You should have waited. Todor's family came from aurors. It is a no wonder he perished under the hands of the Death Eaters. However, I don't like the fact that you blame it all on me. I was here when it happened." Kalif secretly knew that the group of Death Eaters that had killed Todor were about Kalif's age. Some did send them, but he had no idea why. He also had a tight feeling that it was somehow connected with Alessine's disappearance. Kalif added, "I also know what it is like to lose a child. Two. The one who wasn't born, and Alessine." Kalif clinched his hands into fists. It wouldn't have happened...or it shouldn't have happened.

Vasilka listened to Kalif. His words cut through her like daggers. Didn't he know that she felt bad enough? She just wanted to cry. The fact was, she did blame Kalif, for everything. She blamed him because of his alliance with the vile creatures such as Death Eaters. Tears poured out of her eyes. Angrily, she grabbed his arm, and jerked the robe up, revealing his Mark. "How could it not be your fault? Your vile members murdered my family!" Her sharp nails dug into his firm skin. She felt the fiery hot liquid on her fingers. Blood. Vasilka broke. She sobbed and she removed her hand from Kalif's arm. Her hand went to her face, and she layed the cookie down on the tray and covered her face. The blood on her fingers left smears on her face. She heard about Kalif's two children he had lost. Alessine wasn't dead, or was she? Vasilka didn't know. She also wished she could confide in Kalif, being a father-figure to her all her life anyway. She wanted to hug him, cry on his shoulders. But she wouldn't allow herself to do so. She was distant, and never wanting to show her weaknesses at all.

Kalif felt Vasilka grab his arm, and reveal his Mark. Kalif hissed, "Death Eaters aren't like ants. Not all are aware of the other's actions. I truthfully didn't know about Todor." Kalif didn't wince as Vasilka's nails entered his skin. He felt them rip through the skin, and blood emerged. Kalif sighed, and he witnessed Vasilka breaking down. It was a first for him, and for her as well. He stared at her apathically. He had never seen Vasilka cry this much before. He sat there, feeling awkward about this moment passing. He wished Namina was here so she would deal with it instead of him.

Vasilka felt shame as Kalif explained himself. She had no right to accuse him. She knew no one around here. All she knew was her family. A family she had shunned from existence when she lived with Todor. Vasilka slowly removed her hands from her face. The tears had stopped. Her eyes a bit red from crying so much. With her sleeve, she wiped the tears and the small evidence of blood off her face. She stared into Kalif's cold eyes. She murmured, "I still cannot process why you and your little gang still follow the dead man." Vasilka then gave in to her weakness, and put her head onto Kalif's chest. She felt like she were just two. She also knew he wouldn't feel comfortable with this kind of affection. But right now, all she wanted was to be comforted. And, within a few moment's, she had fallen asleep on her uncle.

Kalif felt a bit relieved when Vasilka didn't press on. He wanted to get to the bottom on where his child was at. No one should have messed with Kalif's family, even if he weren't a Death Eater. However, searching for her would have to wait. He has a job at Jaken's school. He had a responsibility to the Death Eaters, but he also had one for the family too. If Alessine was in any danger, then she would find them, or send an owl or something to them. Namina was more familiar with the muggle items anyhow. And so was Barbara. He then heard Vasilka's remark, and was about to snap at her, however, he stopped. Vasilka's head was upon his chest. Kalif stared down at the black haired girl. Her natural wasn't peaking through her scalp. Kalif patted her shoulder. He didn't know how to react. He heard her softly breath, knowing she were asleep. He set her back onto her pillows, and ordered the house elf a warm wash cloth to wipe the evidence of tears and his blood off her. As soon as he received it, he gently wiped Vasilka's face until it was clean. He gave set the cloth to the side, and stood up. He had heard Jaken and Namina's return, and he had to take him back to the school. He swiftly left the room.

Namina practically glided through the house. Vasilka had returned from wherever she was at. Namina took down the Christmas decorations, which she had longed to do, but had business to attend to in Bulgaria, leaving Vasilka at home during all January and most of February alone. At least she didn't hurt herself. Namina smiled at the house, thinking it was quite larger than they needed, but much smaller than the Zhefarovich Manor in Bulgaria. Seeing Vasilka on the couch, Namina didn't hesitate to join her. Namina waved her wand and the television turned on to an animal cruelty show. Namina smiled, "Barbara really taught me much with the muggle items." She giggled.

Vasilka turned her cold gaze from the book she was reading to Namina. She was surprised that Namina hadn't gone to look for her when she explored Bleak Street, knowing the rumors about it. No color had returned to her skin. Vasilka flipped a page in her book, and asked Namina curiously, "Have you received any information on Vialine?" Vialine had been her twin, but her looks outdid hers, so Vasilka thought. Vasilka walked with grace, and it charmed many people, however, so did Vialine. Although, Vialine was into the same style as Vasilka, Vasilka excelled in her studies, and already graduated from Durmstrang, whereas Vialine was in her last year now. Vasilka kept her hair black, and her lips dark. Vialine had her natural, almost white or whitish blue depending on the light, hair and her lips either natural or blood red. Vasilka then glanced up from her book and closed it. She felt a dark pressence, and it made her cringe a bit. It could only mean one person. Vasilka heard the person begin to open the front door.

Namina heard Vasilka's question and shook her head, "No, I haven't. Sorry." Namina then felt the dark pressence that made Vasilka tense up. Namina pulled out her wand and stood up from the couch. She pointed her wand at the door as it began to open. Vasilka had stood up with her. Namina narrowed her eyes. She glared at the man who had trespassed into her home. She noticed the icyness from his eyes, and saw that they were a piercing silver. Namina went pale, for what she was looking at, the person who was pressumed dead for so long, was in her house in the flesh. Namina's wand fell from her shaking fingers. Namina's vision spun, and she fell to the ground. She passed out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back