OOC First Name
Marga
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Straight 9 1/2 Inch Rigid Oak Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Conan had just finished taking a bath. It was already two o'clock in the afternoon and he was now in a bit of a hurry. He was meeting a friend in the library today. They would be doing a bit of studying and chatting at the same time. The friend he was going to meet was Taylor Blare, a Gryffindor. They met during the first semester and became friends after a bit of a long time of knowing each other. And now, he was on the verge of being late. The reason? He was playing soccer for more than hour, causing him to have less time to prepare himself. He immediately packed his Potions, Charms, and Herbology books as well as two of his Sherlock Holmes books which he got as a present.

He reached the library at exactly two o'clock and seventeen minutes. "Good, still have an extra thirteen minutes before the time," he thought. Conan never wanted to be late, especially when having classes, or when meeting his friends. It is unmanly for a gentleman to be late, that is what his father would usually tell him when he was a child. He took a seat in one of the chairs provided on the library and put down his things. "I hope Taylor can see me while I'm sitting here," he whispered as he brought out one of his Sherlock Holmes books and read it, while waiting for Taylor to arrive.

It was time now. Time to get ready for her "study date" with Conan Edogawa. This nice asian boy she had met during the start fo school and become friends with. Her only problem lie with his twin sister Ai Edogawa. Both were Hufflepuffs so it made it harder for her to see him with Ai interferring. The young Gryffindor wanted to be friends with both of them, but an innate brother complex on Ai's part made that rather difficult. She sighed as she climbed the stairs to her common room and smiled at her roommates as she proceeded to get dressed. The Brunette had been down on the Quidditch pitch practicing her flying. If she wanted to join the Quidditch team next year, she had to get her game up. She wouldn't be able to practice during the holidays before they return for second year as she lived in a muggle house. Though that sort of saddened her she realised that it was all out of her control. She proceeded to get dressed before hurrying down to the Fourth Floor.

Taylor had packed her Herbology and Potions books as well as her Charms book. They had agreed on these books because she had already done Potions and Herbology so she could help him and because they were both going to be doing Charms this term. she smiled as she walked in the door and noticed he was already here. She walked over to him and sat across from him. Pulling her bag onto the table and getting her books out. She grinned. "Are you ready Conan. Potions and Herbology is pretty full on." She hoped they would be able to get stuff done without being interupted.

Conan had continued reading on his Sherlock Holmes book. It was quite interesting really. Even if he had already read it for more than five times already. He loved Sherlock Holmes, and he wished to be a great detective as well. The young boy remembered his father who would always tell him stories on mystery and give him a quiz afterwards. He remembered how he would watch his father write novels. He loved his father, even though he was closer to his mother. But still, he both loved them, just as he loves his sister. His thoughts had been interrupted by Taylor who had just arrived.

"Oh! Hey Taylor! Not really. Is Herbology and Potions that hard?" he asked with quite a worried face. Looking at Taylor get ready, he kept his book and brought out his school books. "Sorry for asking you to study Herbology and Potions with me, even though you already finished them. I'll help you with History, Astronomy and Transfiguration next time. Promise!" he promised the Gryffindor. He was one to keep his promise and didn't want to break it in any way. Hoping that there would be no interruptions, the young boy prepared himself to study for his hardest subjects. "Don't get too surprised on how I answer Herbology and Potions. Because I am a bit helpless with plants, and I am completely hopeless with anything related to cooking, brewing or anything kitchen-related," he reminded Taylor in a worried tone with a worried face as they began to study.

Taylor smiled at Conan as she recognized the book he was reading. She made a note to ask him about it later. She had never read Sherlock Holmes, but she knew about it, like every other muggle out there, only difference being that she wwasn't a mulggle or muggle born either. Both her parents were magical so that meant she was a half blood. She scribbled a few notes inn her book before looking at him again and shrugging. "I suppose its not really that hard honestly, but it is challenging. Of course its challenging." she then laughed and waved her hand as if to tell him not to worry about it. "Eh no biggie Conan really, i'm just glad to have some help at least. I don't really mind. She smiled and wrote more things into her book as she listened to Conan talk. " I thought that too when i first started but it turned out that its not really that bad after all. " Taylor added as she looked at what he had written in his books. "Okay, see here where you have Asphodel, that should be Survey grass, and this one should be Lillies." Taylor had gotten an O in her exams, so she was sure she would be able to help Conan.

Conan was glad that Taylor didn't react badly when he said that he was bad at both Herbology and Potions. Because, it was really true. Like his sister, the seeds he plant would wither almost the moment they grow. And when he's in the kitchen, everything just goes plain wrong. He blows up the oven, burns what he's cooking and even cuts himself with the knife. The exact reasons why he has been banned from the kitchen and the only thing he's allowed to touch was the refrigerator. And really, he had no plan to fail Potions just because he burnt the classroom to ashes. No, bad idea. His thought went on in his head as he wrote on his book for Potions to review.

The young Hufflepuff listened to the Gryffindor's remarks on the subjects, "I hope I can handle it too. Because I like challenges as well," he told her. When the young girl told him that it was alright Conan shook his head in disagreement, "No way. I'll help you with your subjects too. That's quite unfair, you know," he told Taylor. Conan continued writing on his book and was surprised when Taylor pointed out his mistakes. "Ah! Sorry," he said as he rewrote them correctly. "Ugh! Why must plants be so hard to memorize?" he said quite frustrated and embarrassed with his mistakes since there was quite a number of them. "Sorry, Taylor," he apologized again as he waited for how she would react to their situation.

Taylor smiled at Conan as he talked about hopefully being able to do well in the classes. She thought he would do well. There was no reason why he wouldn't Atleast pass. She had passed after all and she wasn't exactly the smartest person in the world.She was doing ffineso he should be fine too right. Maybe the stereotype about asians and smartness was just that. A silly stereotype. She shrugged her shoulders and tilted her head as she looked at her Herbology books and back at Conan's to see what else needed fixing. Happily she found no mistakes. "Okay, well that's all done then, onto potions I guess." She said as she laughed switching her books over. she nodded at him as he talked about helping her with her subjects this term. She supposed that if it would make him feel better she should accept it. Though she really would benefit from it she was ssure. "Conan, calm own Its alright its just homework... Are you okay? You seem... wound up."

Conan was glad that Potions was over, and hopefully, he would do well when he applies it in class. Classroom activities are much more harder than reviewing and homework. And lastly, he was glad that he and Taylor had been able to fix his mistakes. Or, to be precise, Taylor corrected his mistakes. "Great! Herbology's next then," he said with a worried face. He made a bit of mistakes in Potions and he knew he would make so much more in Herbology. When he exclaimed his frustration, Taylor seemed surprised. The young Gryffindor assured him that it would be alright. Conan nodded in agreement, "I'm calm," he said breathing in and giving out a sigh. "Just homework. I'm alright, Taylor. Don't worry," he said smiling a bit. The young boy looked at his Herbology book and began memorizing, "Mistletoe is poisonous. Poisonous, poisonous, poisonous. Mistletoe is poisonous," he memorized and hoped it was right. "Spade, mattock, pruning shears, rake, wheelbarrow and what was the other one? Cul-, cul-," he tried to remember but to no avail and he could only search the book once more to find out what it was. And while searching, the young boy felt ashamed that he couldn't even remember something good as he searched for the right word in his book in silence.

Taylor nodded slightly as he told her that everything was fine. She wasn't entirely comfortable with his answer but if he was saying he was fine, then it wasn't up to her to pry. She got her Herbology textbook out of her bag. She had written a bunch of things all over it to help her memorise them and pushed it over to Conan. Hopefully he would benefit from her unreadable scribblings all over the once smooth and ink free pages. Herbology wasn't very hard once you got over the initial plant aspect and the fact that there were so many plants. She giggled and wrote a few rhymes she used to learn things into Conan's book. "I use these to help me memorise things. My cousin taught them to me to help me with Maths." She had been so greatful and even though it had teken her a long time to make them fit with the Herbology plant names. It had eventually worked out. She also used Sport analogy to help her remember things as well. She nodded to Conan when he kept repeating the Mistletoe was poisenous. That was right! "Yes, Mistletoe is poisenous." She waited to see if Conan could get the word before she piped up with the answer. "Cultivator." He had all the others. It was a pretty good thing having memorised that many already. "You're doing well Conan, don't sell yourself short. I'll help you whenever you need it okay?" Taylor liked Conan, he was a good friend. She didn't want him to fail because he had missed something. That would have made her sad.

Conan was glad that Taylor had helped him study. If it weren't for her, he might be cramming in his room all day, trying to figure out everything by himself. It was fine with him after all, he had grown used to being by himself. He was used to being relied on and he became who he was by his experiences. In fact, this was his first study with a friend without having Ai around. And it was kind of fun. The young boy watched as Taylor wrote down a few rhymes in his book to help him memorize. "Cool. Thanks a lot, Taylor!" he said happily. Conan continued on memorizing and was glad that mistletoe was indeed poisonous or he would have to repeat that part. Before Conan could even find the word he was looking for, Taylor told him the answer. "Oh! Cultivator. Thanks Taylor," he said as he ran the tools around his mind again finally memorizing everything. "Done!" he exclaimed signalling that his Herbology would turn out better than when semester started. They were going to move on to the next subject, Charms. "Oh. Thanks, Taylor. And don't worry too much about me. I'll be fine," he said a smile forming on his face as he began reading his book. "Levitation, Summoning, Disappearing," he whispered as he continued on reviewing his book in Charms. "Need any help, Taylor? This one I can handle," he told his companion waiting for an answer.

Taylor looked at her book as she began to answer some of her questions. They looked pretty straight forward. She looked up at Conan as he spoke and shook her head in epathy. It didn't matter. She was only here to help. That was why they were both here yes? She smiled and covered her mouth with her hand to stop from giggling, but failed. "Eh Conan. That's alright. I just figured that seeing as my cousin gave them to me to help memorise, he wouldn't matter to much if you had them. He's really nice." She told him, thinking of Lewis being in Orion. She bit her lip and shook her head. He would be Graduating this year. She had always thought that she would be there for him. But now it seemed that she wouldn't make it. She sighed and shrugged her shoulders in defeat. Maybe if the Holidays got here quickly enough befroe the Graduation. She looked at Conan and nodded slightly when he asked if she needed any help. There were just a few things she needed help with. "So the charm to Levitate is Wingardium Levi- Levio- uh?" She couldn't believe she was actually forgetting this. "Ah, Accio calls things too you? The Banishing Charm uh Banishes things?" She sighed, what the heck was going on? She was forgetting everything. She closed her book and pushed it away from her in exasperation. How annoying. This was new to her. It had never happened to her. Why can't I remember the answers?

Conan was taken by surprise by the sudden giggle that he had heard. And, it was coming from his companion. He was curious about it and wondered about the reason for a while, before he finally decided to ask Taylor. "Did I do or say something funny?" he asked, curiosity showing in his voice. "If you say he's nice, then maybe he is. But still, thanks for these," he thanked the Gryffindor. Studying and memorizing has never been a problem for Conan, but this time he really needed help since plants and cooking were a problem for him. He couldn't exactly ask his twin sister, since she also has problems with plants. His thoughts were jumbled in his mind as he tried to read his Charms book while paying attention to Taylor, since she might need help. And he was right. "Leviosa. Wingardium Leviosa, the incantation for Levitation Charm," he told Taylor. The young boy listened as Taylor began to try memorizing Charms. It seemed like she was having a problem with it, and Conan understood. "Yes, Taylor. Accio, the incantation for Summoning Charm to summon different objects. Depulso, incantation for the Banishing Charm. It is mainly the opposite of Accio, since it banishes things or makes them disappear," he explained. Charms was not really in Conan's list of academic problems, so he could deal with them easily, and he was very thankful for it. "It's annoying, isn't it? Relax. We're just reviewing," he told Taylor with a smile hoping that Charms wouldn't be much trouble for her either.

Taylor looked at Conan as he spoke. He was obviously confused by her laugh. Not that she blamed him of course, it was a rather odd time or place for a giggle. She grinned at him and shook her head at his question. It wasn't really something he said. Well actually it kind of was. "Don't worry, it was mostly because you kind of got all excitable with my help." She told him stretching her hands across the table to move one of her books closer to her. She was enjoying this studying, as much as anyone could when all you were doing was going over classes. She wondered if any of this was actually going to help her in the future, or Conan. Would their studies help him in Herbology or Potions? She definately hoped so. Taylor nodded as Conan kind of agreed with her about her cousin. He was very nice and he always tried to help her whenever possible. She pulled her bag onto her lap and started riffling through it. "Oh he definately is. All my family are nice. My Uncle is a Math teacher at a muggle school because my Aunt is a squib... but my cousin Lewis is a wizard but he goes to Orion and then Corey, he is the one that's the muggle, we are all really good at Math though." She told him, not realising she had almost given him her entire life story. Though she would never reveal the reasons behind always talking about her Uncle and Aunt, but never her parents. She knew people would judge her for it, why give people the opportunity to cause her harm?

Finding what she was looking for in her bag, Taylor pulled out a packet of Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans and placed them on the table. She needed some snacks. She looked at Conan and picked a yellow one out of the box. Popping it in her mouth she realised it was banana. She nodded to Conan and smiled. "You want one?" She asked as she stood up and slib onto the tabel and pulled a book onto her lap. She didn't really like chairs anyway. "I love Bertie Boots beans." She sighed. "How could I have not known that? The levitation charm is like the most basic. So is Accio really. It's ridiculous." She looked around the room to make sure that the Librarian was still not around. She shrugged her shoulders and sighed. "Oh well, I suppose it doesn't really matter, we can get into it later."

Conan was surprised at how Taylor answered his question. "Was it really obvious that I was excited?" he whispered to himself. He was obviously wondering because he really was excited and he didn't know that he was already showing it. "Well, in any case. Of course I am excited, it's my first time studying with a friend alone. So this kinda new to me," he told Taylor honestly. He would seldom study with Genta and the others and during those times, Ai was always with him. Conan listened as Taylor told him about her family, and she looked happy as well. "You are good at Math? I am too. Well, as for my family, I live with my Aunt and Uncle and, of course, Ai. Oba-san (Aunt) is really kind and good at designing clothes too. Oji-san (Uncle) is smart and likes inventing stuff," he told Taylor. Conan wasn't so sure yet if he should tell Taylor about his mother and father. But, regardless, he would tell her when the time comes.

Conan watched as Taylor began to pull out a packet of Bertie Botts and started to eat one. She even asked Conan if he wanted some. "Uh. Taylor? Is this even allowed in the Library?" he asked as he picked out a red colored one and put it in his mouth. "Strawberry," he thought as he listened to Taylor's remarks. "Don't worry. I forget the basics when I study about complicated ones. It's kind of normal," he told Taylor as she sighed and said that they will deal with them later.

Ai had been searching for her brother for almost over two hours. Today was their free day, and like usual she knew that they would spend time together again. Like, playing soccer or studying together. But, this time, she just can't seem to find her brother anywhere. She had searched the Dungeons, in which she was really creep out. She searched in the Great Hall, the Lawn, the Garden, the Pitch and every floor and Tower in the castle. She was just about to give up and go back to her dormitories when she remembered something. "The Library! How could I be such an idiot and forget to search the Library?!" she thought to herself, tired and frustrated.

The young girl entered the Library and began looking, starting from the sections. Especially, History. But she caught no sight of her brother. And when she was just about to look through the tables, she found a sight that really made her mad. It was Taylor, one of the enemies she made in Hogwarts, at least she considered her an enemy. And not just Taylor, Conan was also with her, and they were enjoying their time. Ai kept watch on the two and slowly her anger gradually increased. When she saw the two eat something, the Hufflepuff saw her chance and approached the two. "Making Onii-chan break the rules by eating those in the Library? How shameful, Taylor Blare," she glared at the Gryffindor her anger showing, but she had a calm tone. Ai waited for either Taylor or Conan to react to her sudden appearance.

The brunette listened as Conan spoke about his own family. She was very interested in learning that he too lived with his Aunt and Uncle. It was somethin they obviously had in common. She nodded at him and took another flavour into her mouth. Ick, oil. She spluttered slightly before looking back up at Conan. "That one was oil. Yuck." She laughed slightly. She then nodded when Conan asked if they were even allowed to eat in the Library. She hadn't seen any signs around telling them they weren't allowed. She smiled and plopped another one in her mouth (Orange) before crossing her legs and answering his question. "Well I haven't seen any signs that say we aren't allowed to eat so i figure we can. If not, oh well." She laughed again before looking up as she heard a sound. A voice she had kind of hoped to avoid for the rest of her life. She rolled her eyes and sighed as Ai started on her. "Come on Ai, were just eating every flavoured beans, its not like I forced them down his throat. Your brother complex is whacky." She told her as she stood off the table stared at the sister of her friend. "If you just shut up and not raise your voice, we won't have to worry about it." She said calmly watching as Ai moved closer to them.

Ai slowly approached her brother and Taylor. Her voice was cold, her tone was harsh, her face was calm and her eyes filled with anger. She didn't like Taylor, and she was completely showing it now. The Hufflepuff was irritated by her from the first time they met, and because of that first meeting irritation, the young girl was even more annoyed whenever she would see the Gryffindor together with her brother. "That's the point. Everybody knows that eating in libraries are not allowed. Or are you just to much of an idiot to see that?" she said her tone not changing the least bit. "Brother complex? So, what if I have one? Maybe your just jealous that you don't have a brother like Onii-chan," she said as she had fully approached the two. " And, I have no intention of shutting up, so maybe you should instead. And I haven't raised my voice yet, so I guess you should reconstruct your statement again. And, worry about what? I'm not worried about anything, maybe you are," she said. Her facial expressions are not changing and she knew that her brother already knew that she was mad.

Conan watched as Taylor continued to eat in the Library. The young boy didn't really favor it though. The library was one of his favorite, no, not just favorite, sacred places. He doesn't like breaking the rules if he's in the Library. But the library in Hogwarts, he was just not too sure if they were allowed to eat or not, but he ate one anyway. And he can't just deny what he had done, he just sighed and dismiss the thoughts in his mind. "Yeah. I hope it's allowed," he said.

After he had answered, Conan heard a familiar voice, in fact, too familiar. It was a voice he had known his whole life, Ai's voice, and she didn't seem happy. The young boy faced his sister as she approached them. Her tone was calm but her eyes didn't show calmness at all and that seemed like trouble. "Ai. What you doing? Don't you have anywhere to go today? Like with Tsukino-senpai, maybe?" he asked as casually as he possibly could until his sister had told Taylor something and Taylor seemed to fight back. "Cut it out you two," he told the girls. "Ai, come on, I took the bean on my own accord. So let's just cut the topic, alright?" he explained to his sister and he couldn't help but feel nervous about her reply.

Taylor rolled her eyes when Ai spoke again. She was getting all on her high horse for no reason. she was being ridiculous, they weren't going to get into any trouble, all that would happen would be that they get told to put the lollies away and stop eating. She would never try to intentionally get her friend Conan in trouble. It would be an accident, but nothing was even happening, why was Ai so frantic about it anyway? "Ai! For the love of Merlin, calm down. We aren't going to get into any trouble. The worst that would happen would be that we get told to put it away. It's no big deal, really." Though Taylor said these words, she somehow thought that they would do nothing to calm Ai. She knew that when Ai was angry, there was not much that could calm her down, except maybe Conan, but it didn't seem to be going very well. She breathed deeply so as to calm the anger she was feeling for Ai acting so immature. She just couldn't leave Conan alone could she? "Oh my Gosh Ai! Do you see how you are acting? Look at your brother. Can't you see what he is going through? Don't you get it? I'm trying to be nice to you Ai, really I am. I don't understand why you hate me so much. What could I possibly have done to you to make you hate me?" She asked as she shook her head and looked at Conan, her eyes were starting to fill with tears but she hadn't started to cry yet. "Please Ai, let me be your friend."

Ai was not calming down, she was not even close to calming down, in fact she was going farther from it. When the young girl heard her brother speak, she listened to what he had to say. But it seemed that it was a bad idea, because she was more furious. "What am I doing? Good question. I was looking for you for more than two hours just because you told me we'd play soccer. Then I go looking in the library and see you with Taylor eating Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans," she told her brother with angry eyes. It would have been better if Conan had told her, instead of just leaving her without a word. And she was very angry with that. Ai flashed a glared at Taylor as she told her what was the worst that could happen for eating, "Oh, just shut up, Blare," she said in a cold voice.

"Now look here, you don't care how I'm acting because I choose how I act. And I couldn't care less if you're being nice or not. Because, what you see now. This. This is the real me, and if you can't accept that you have no right to be my friend. Because, I don't ever want to be friends with someone who can't accept how I act," she told Taylor with cold eyes, almost like they were lifeless. Ai was jealous, very jealous. She feels like Taylor has been taking attention from her brother and she didn't like it one bit. This was something she would really be mad. She didn't want her brother to be taken away from her, not yet.

Conan could see in Ai's eyes that she was completely furious and there was no easy way to stop her. She would either have to knock her unconscious or dragged her somewhere. But, right now, neither seemed to be a good choice because Ai is also mad at him, on which he couldn't figure out the reason until he heard Ai speak. "An idiot! That's what I am. I completely forgot. I had to play with Ai in the Courtyard before going with Taylor but I fell asleep and when I woke up I played by the Lake instead." he thought, quite mad at himself as well. "Gomen (Sorry), Ai. I forgot," he told his sister hoping that she would actually forgive him and drop the argument.

Ai didn't seem to pay any attention to him and he was a bit mad for that. She continued fighting with Taylor which the Hufflepuff boy didn't enjoy watching at all. But, Ai spoke too much. "Ai. That's enough you're going to far," she told Ai calmly but with a tone showing that he was ordering her to stop but with the amount of anger the girl has, she might not be able to listen to what Conan had to say.

Taylor could not believe what she was hearing. Ai was mad at her, but she still had no idea as to why. What had she done, honestly? All she did was hang out with Conan, she tried to hang out with Ai aswell, but the girl just wouldn't have it. She bit her lip and held her head low as Ai spoke to her. She felt really bad with everything, she didn't knwo what she was supposed to do. Ai wasn't even giving her a chance to explain. not that she had anything to explain about. A tear rolled down her cheek and fell to the floor, leaving a stain. The brunette did the only thing she could think of in this situation. She ran out of the room, leaving behind her books, bag and her Bertie Botts Every Flavoured Beans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back