Stretching my old legs

Canoc Taggart

Professor Canoc Taggart apparated onto Hogwarts grounds in the Forbidden Forrest. His face was wrinkled and dark from the sun he'd gotten while on vacation. It'd done his old bones good. He was more relaxed and less likely to explode.

He transfigured his bermuda shirt and shorts. His wooden staff made a thump noise that echoed in the woods.

Deep within the belly of the forest a figure raised his dark head. His black eyes narrowed into slits. Someone was near. Someone with-he sniffed the air-power. It traveled swiftly. Without a sound he was upon the old man in the clearing. He raised his hands preparing to strike.

(Soundless fight eh?)

Canoc knew without a doubt he was battling for his life. His face came within inches of the monster attacking him. His rheumy blue eyes widened. "You!" He managed to get out that word.

Vici let go of one of his wrist before slamming his open palm over the old mans heart and muttering.

Canoc struggled. He felt a stinging heat on his chest. "No!" He shouted out. He didn't need a wand for magic. He clawed at the creatures hand. His gravely voice weakened on the spell.

Vici snarled in anger. "Foolish old man!" he spat. He backhanded him and snarled a spell meant to incapacitate him.

Canoc's head snapped back from the force of the blow. He tasted copper in his mouth. He didn't give up. He tried everything in his arsenal. Then the creature cast his last spell on him and Canoc slumped. Everything went black.

Vici smiled slowly. He carefully laid the old man down on the ground. His power felt good. He was tempted to drain him. No. He'd leave him there to be discovered.

(((Crazy!!!!)))

Belle had been out for a walk on the lawn when she heard a commotion in the forest. Not really thinking it was more than a large animal, she decided to investigate for the heck of it. She began to walk, taking her wand out, not quite sure what to expect. As she walked, it became darker and darker, finally prompting her to aim her wand in front of her and cast "Nox."
Soon she came upon the sight of a person crumpled on the floor of the forest. She hurried over and turned him to see who it was. "Oh my goodness. Professor Taggart! Can you hear me?" There was no response. Belle glanced around, hoping that whatever it was that did this to him would allow her to leave with him. She stood, casting silently. Professor Taggart rose quickly into the air and she proceeded to levitate him from the forest up to the castle, looking back every few seconds to make sure she was alone.

(((to cool to revive him then? :p )))

(((No, dear, I know how to follow directions. :p I was told to rescue him and take him to the hospital wing. He wishes to remain unconscious for a bit.)))

(((what a square. Man I'd be revived then go for another round with mister vicci. :D )))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back