Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curved 14" Flexible Spruce Wand with Vampire Blood Core
Vader was stressed. This wasn't really a new occurrence, he was often stressed. Stressed to this degree though was something that he hadn't been in a long while. Vader had just been circling, and spiralling, not sleeping and stressing out over that and it was just getting worse. Ava was due any day now, and the house was a bit in chaos. He knew that he wasn't the dad, that he was just the best friend, and helping out. He was just worried, worried about the twin, worried about his business, worried about how Ava would feel about him, if the father of this child interested in being around. Vader had come to Dart's place, needing a bit of a break and someone else to speak to. He hadn't slept in a few days and was knocking lightly on the door tiredly.

D'Artagnan hummed as he cleaned the apartment. He'd had the twins for a bit before their grandfather had shown up to take them. He hadn't realized he would have kids like this. Well, they weren't really his kids, but they were still prominent in his life. He had just finished cleaning up when he heard the door. He wiped his hands on his pants and walked to the door, opening it up and smiling softly. "Hey, Vay, everything okay?" He asked gently, reaching out with the intent to lead the tired looking man inside.

Vader glanced at Dart as the man opened the door. He glanced at the man with a tired and worn out expression, his hands twisting with the hem of his shirt. "I just needed someone to talk to," he said. he couldn't remember if he or Ava had ever told Dart about his insomnia. He doubted not, but he could barely think straight from the lack of sleep. "I'm okay, I'm stressed and stress gives me insomnia," he explained with a rushed tone. He raised his arms in a shrug, which just showed how his hands were shaking. he knew he was not the picture of fine. "I am fine though,"

-Godmod approved-

Dart was quiet, letting Vader speak. As the man seemed to finish, Dart reached up, taking the trembling hand and guiding the man gently inside. He shut the door before turning and just pulling Vader gently into his arms. "Shhh, deep breaths," He murmured, stroking his hand over Vaders hair gently. "I've got you," He tried to reassure the man. "Do you want to come sit on the couch? I can make some tea, we could put on some music, maybe just cuddle and try to relax a bit?" He suggested, trying to think of things that calmed him down.

Vader allowed himself to be guided inside. His mind was racing and exhausted. He was blinking rapidly, and just let himself be guided into the deep breaths, which he mostly failed at. He could hear Dart's reassurances and was nodding. But Vader didn't register what he was saying. He just started talking words tumbling out of his mouth about Ava, the concerns about the baby, the twins, the Noelle of it, what role he should play, what role he wanted to play. His voice was strained and quiet, but he was getting worked up with every word.​

Dart let Vader go on, rubbing his back gently. When the man seemed to start spiraling, Dart pulled back. He curled his forefinger under Vaders chin, turning his face up while tilting his head so he was more on the mans level. "Shh, shh. Hey," He tried to soothe him, smiling warmly. "It's okay, Vay. Deep breaths. Focus on me." He prompted. "Tell me what you're taking in right now. Textures, smells, what do you see?" He offered, trying to ground Vader.

Vader was trying to bring himself back from spiralling, back from just ruining any chance with Dart because he was a certified mess. Vader recognised what Dart was asking him, it was something that his therapist always suggested when he saw her, and he realised he probably needed to make a new appointment. He saw her monthly, and he probably needed more, but then he was spiralling about that, and not focusing on what Dart was saying. "I see you," he said, but that was all he managed to say, now really trying to focus on you. "I can feel your hand on my back, you have nice hands. And I can smell that you've been cleaning,"

Dart smiled warmly. "Good, good." He soothed. "I have been cleaning. Now," He shifted, placing his hand on Vaders chest. "Focus on your breathing." He offered. "With me, come on. Breathe in," He took a slow breath in, "And out," And he let the breath out, trying to lead Vader through several moments of breathing. He smiled as he got in about a dozen breaths. "Any better?"

Vader focused on Dart, on his own breathing, on just trying to bring it all under control. He was looking at Dart as he did so and after a few moments it was beginning to settle. The worries lingered but they felt less like they were phyiscally sitting on his chest. "I'm sorry Dart, I'm such a mess," he said instead of letting the man know he was feeling better. Vader felt bad, no less because he knew he had a crush on Dart and yet had come to him like this. There was no way Dart would be interested in him now.

-godmod approved-

Dart smiled, and instead leaned in, pressing a gentle kiss to Vaders forehead. "No reason to be sorry," He countered, stepping back and offering to let Vader in. "Why don't you get settled on the couch, I'll make us some tea, and we can sit down for a bit, hm? Just relax a bit and unwind," He suggested, thinking that it would be a good idea to settle down.

Vader was stilled by the kiss to his forehead. He froze, thinking it over, his mind racing immediately but at least this time it was about the kiss and not something bad. "Why did you just kiss me?" he asked, it was perhaps a forehead kiss, but he needed to know what the reason for this kiss was to be able to have an idea of if he had any chance with Dart which was unlikely given his behaviour.

Dart chuckled. "I think you know," He spoke, before offering out his hand. "Come on, let's sit. You should rest," He smiled warmly. "Forgive me if it's out of line, but you could lean on me if you like. We could relax and I can play with your hair," He suggested, thinking that it might help Vader unwind. He hated seeing the man stressed, and he just hoped maybe they could come up with something that might help- even if only just a little.

Vader's mind was racing now for a different reason. he was listening and hearing Dart's words but wasn't really able to compute any of it. "What..," he said. His voice trailed off, before standing up and looking at him. "I really like you Dart...Really like you...do you feel the same way? Or are you just being nice," Vader just needed to know. Perhaps it was his mind just being a little cruel and forcing him to ask questions where he wouldn't always want to know the answer, but he just couldn't not know.

Dart smiled softly, trying to stay calm despite the fluttering of his heart. He stood as Vader did, taking a small step forward and offering out his hand. "I'm not just being nice, Vader," He offered gently. "I fell for you a long time ago. But I'm willing to wait for you. You're an amazing man, you know. I'm happy just to be with you. What we are... I'm willing to leave that up to you." He spoke gently, studying Vader for his reaction, not wanting to push Vader into anything he wasn't comfortable with.

The moment that Dart started speaking, he knew this was real, this was really happening, that he was interested and willing to wait for him. He had liked him for a while. It had just taken him a while to come to terms with his own feelings. He reached for Dart, his hands going to the other man's face and fully intended to just kiss him. No light peck, no quick kiss, fully kiss him. Needing to just feel and be with this man.

Dart let Vader pull him into a kiss, placing one hand on the small of Vaders back while the other moved up to tangle in Vaders hair. After several long moments, Dart broke the kiss, but didn't move away, a warm smile on his face. "If this is your idea of wooing me, Mr. Hume, I must say I'm a fan," He teased gently, brushing his nose against the mans. "I could throw together an at-home dinner date if you'd like?" He offered, pulling back just a bit and reaching up to brush the back of his hand against Vader's cheek.

Vader kissed him until Dart pulled away. He tried to not worry or be disappointed by it. Dart's words were reassuring, and he gave a little almost nervous smile. "Yeah?" it had been a while since he had dated or wanted to date. He hadn't even realise the guy he liked, liked him back, so it all felt unfamiliar and he wanted to get it right. "Yeah?" he agreed before nodding. "I'd like that," he added quickly, as if to make it clear he hadn't been questioning the date, but only if Dart was serious.

Dart kissed Vaders forehead. "Perfect. You should go get cleaned up," He suggested, stepping back. "So should I, for that matter. The guest bathroom is there, fully stocked," He pointed it out. "I'll go to my bathroom and freshen up. A quick shower, perhaps. I don't want to smell like cleaner," He laughed lightly. "Once we're done we could make food? If I don't have anything that appeals to you, we could go to the market?" He offered.

Vader nodded a little and he wiped at his face with his hands. Dart seemed to have it so together, seemed to just know how to be and how to act and he, as a somewhat parent to two soon to be three children, felt constantly out of his depth. He took a deep breath and headed to where he could quickly get cleaned up, wipe his face and rid it of the tear tracks. He also took a moment to get himself another glass of water and just consider all of it. Though really he just wanted Dart to finish showering in the other room so he could just be reassured that everything that had happened was in fact real.

-godmods approved-

Dart tried to shower quickly, if not thoroughly. When he was sure that at least he didn't smell like household cleaners anymore, he hopped out, using a spell to dry himself quickly. He took a minute to style his hair and toss on a dab of new cologne- Ava said it was one that really suited him, and he'd been saving it for a special occasion. He moved to get dressed, choosing a cute outfit of tight jeans and a warm emerald green top that complimented both the color of his skin and brought out the green hidden in his eyes. Feeling cute, he tried to walk out casually. He smiled as he saw Vader sitting and walked over, slipping a hand over the mans shoulder and leaning in to kiss his cheek. "Hey, you," He greeted warmly, letting his hand fall to hover at the base of Vaders back. "Feel any better?"

Vader felt like it had been just too long since Dart had gotten in the shower. He tried his best to keep calm and just wait it out. He had another glass of water and just made himself keep calming, naming things in the room that he could see. Vader heard Dart come back into the room and leaned into the kiss, all the world realigning to indicate that they had in fact been real. He practically went to lean into Dart and then nodded. "Yeah," he said. "I'm sorry, I just spiral sometimes," he apologised, though he knew Dart would probably tell him to not.

Dart just rubbed Vaders arm, smiling softly. “It’s alright, baby. Spiral all you need to. I’ll always be right here to catch you,” he promised, kissing Vaders temple again before moving to start making something to eat. “Why don’t you take a key to my apartment? My home is yours, and I want you to come by whenever you’re feeling off- I don’t care how silly you think it is, how often you’re over, anything. I just want you here where you’re safe.”

Vader thought the promise was sweet, but doubted a little that it would still be that when he had to talk to him after three days of no sleep, a week of low sleep and enough coffee in his system to make him seemingly vibrate. "Are you sure?" he asked, it felt like he was sure, it felt kind to have someone who cared for him that much. which it couldn't be. "I have Ava, and the kids, I am...safe...,"

Dart smiled softly, raising a brow as he pulled out the ingredients for a carbonara. "Of course you're safe," He countered, starting to cook. "But how often are you downplaying it? Putting on a face for the kids or not letting Ava know how long its been going or how bad you're feeling." He gave Vader a gentle smile. "I'm trying to say you don't have to put on any pretenses here."

Vader stood close to Dart as the man began cooking. He grimaced at the question, since it was difficult, it wasn't the same any more, he couldn't always be completely honest. The kids needed him, and needed him to be okay. Ava needed his support, which had to sometimes be more than he could really give. "The kids need me, and need me to be okay," he replied softly, trying in part to defend himself and the choices. "I appreciate it," he then added, knowing that having a place like this, a place with him would help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back