Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curved 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Cedar Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Lucas had enjoyed the recent Hufflepuff win, it had definitely lifted his mood a bit. He still wasn't his old cheerful self, but it was hard to stay angry after a win like that. He didn't feel entirely like he could take credit for how well it went, but he was still pleased with it. Though it now meant they would be up against Slytherin next semester, arguably the strongest team at Hogwarts. As today was a nice day, Lucas had taken his Quidditch strategy guide with him out to the courtyard. He read through it, taking occasional notes on a piece of parchment. He knew they had to have at least some sort of strategy for next time, so he figured he might as well do research now.

Nikko was enjoying the weather as it finally warm enough to spent more time outside. Sitting and studying in the courtyard beat studying in the library as far as he was concerned. He read through his notes again and felt totally lost. He was pretty sure a job in the ministry after graduation was out of the question at this point. He sighed and looked up from his notes to stretch his neck and let his brain take a break. He spotted Lucas and called out to him. "Hey!" he said and waved. Nikko grinned and was grateful for the distraction and noticed what book the other boy had with him. He chuckled. "Already planning how you're going to crush Slytherin?" he joked.

Lucas looked up at the sound of Nikko's voice, he smiled at the Gryffindor. "Hey." He responded, sitting up a bit. He had always liked Nikko, though he had gotten over his crush a while ago. He was glad to talk to someone friendly, someone he didn't share a dorm with. He grinned at his question. "Yes, I'll be avenging you guys." He told him, then grimaced. "Sorry, it sucked watching that game you guys were playing well." He said, realizing it might not be very smart to crack a joke about Nikko's first game as a captain, which he had lost.

Nikko let out a reluctant chuckle at Lucas' comment. "I hope so. Slytherin could use a lesson in humility." he said seriously before breaking into a grin again. He didn't know anyone on the other team well but he always got the sense that they were a little more serious than they should be, and not in a good way. He noticed the way Lucas seemed to regret his wording but Nikko just shrugged. "Yeah well, we have a lot of fresh members this year. I can't blame them for needing a bit more time to get the hang of things." he explained. It might be an excuse to pin their loss on their new players but it was true. After losing Chloe, Lysander, and Emma, it wasn't like they were going to find replacements that easily.

Last edited:
Lucas nodded and smiled weakly. "It would also be nice to feel like I actually made a difference in something." He muttered with a slight shrug. He shook his head, it wasn't the time to vent about his feelings of inadequacy. Nikko wasn't a close friend, even if Lucas liked his company. He didn't need to bore him with his insecurities. "Yeah, it sucks. But you did well with the team you have, and Ravenclaw is probably going to be crushed." He said with a slight smile.

"Yeah. It's would nice to feel like I've left some kind of mark while I was here." Nikko admitted with a sigh. "Instead of just another losing captain." he added a bit glumly. It was their last year and the weight of everything being their 'last' weighed on him more than he liked to admit. He knew he wouldn't let anyone else in his position think like that but he was in a self pitying mood. But Nikko lightened up a but when Lucas complimented him. "Thanks." he said and it felt genuine. "I hope so." he said quickly at the mention of Ravenclaw getting crushed. "But I have to admit my motivation is a bit more personal than just winning for the sake of it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back