Maggy Harrington

💥Happy-Go-Lucky 💥 Acacia 💥
OOC First Name
Steph
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Lesbian
Maggy was laughing as she walked with her two friends down to the Great Lawn. She already couldn't remember who had made the suggestion to spend sometime on the lawn but she was glad they all agreed. She was with @Analei Louw and @Acacia Dunn, her two dorm mates she got on with the best. There were quite a few other girls in their year but Maggy always felt comfortable around these two, they brought out good feelings in her and she knew she could trust them. She hoped they felt the same about her, she was always nervous that she wasn't a good enough person for people to like. "Okay, ok, what is the weirdest thing you've guys have ever eaten?" She said asking a random question as they moved down the Great Lawn in search of a nice place to sit and enjoy.

Analei was excited to be able to spend some time with her dorm mates. She hadn't spent much time with them, but was keen to get to know them more. To be fair, she hadn't spent much time with anyone apart from Arvel and Edmund, but it felt good to be able to give her attention to other people as well, especially seeing as she didn't have as many classes anymore.
Laughing with the two girls, Analei followed them and sat as they found a good spot, stretching her legs out in front of her thinking. "Hmmm, to be honest - probably cockroach clusters!" Analei said with a giggle. "What about you? There are some New Zealand foods that are weirder than the South African ones!" She giggled again.

The more comfortable she got at Hogwarts, the more Acacia was beginning to appreciate her roommates. She wished she had really gotten to know them sooner - being surrounded by so many wonderful girls reminded her of her friend group at home, and Acacia felt totally settled and happy around them. She was glad to be spending the afternoon with Maggy and Analei, enjoying the chance to hang out and just talk about everything and nothing. She pondered Maggy's question, but her thoughts were interrupted quickly by Analei's answer. "Ew!" Acacia laughed, pulling a face. "That sounds nasty! I've never eaten anything gross like that, why would you eat a bug?" She returned to her thoughts, considering it. "I guess New Zealand pies are the weirdest thing I've eaten. There's something so wrong about putting meat in a pie, it's nasty!"

Maggy was grossed out by Analei's answer just the same as Acacia. She couldn't imagine eating a bug, what a weird thing to consider food. It felt nice to laugh with her roommates and was glad they were all out together enjoying some of the nice weather before the semester ended. "That's gross! Why would you eat a bug?" She said while she was still laughing. Acacia's answer was hardly a weird food she thought, she was surprised they didn't have meat pies in america. After all they have fruit pies and meat ones were just the same but the main meal. "That's hardly weird, they have meat pies all over the world! England, I'm sure South Africa too, isn't there an american version...chicken pot pie?" She asked trying to remember the weird chicken pie her mother who grew up in the USA would make for them every once in a while. "I think for me, I haven't experimented in the New Zealand food being too grossed out by anything seafood related, and most the weird foods here are seafood related. But I did have this breakfast oatmeal my mom brought back with her once called grits. It's I guess a southern USA food but it was gritty and weird. Not at all like good oatmeal."

Analei laughed at the two girl's reaction to what she had eaten. "They were covered in chocolate! I dunno - they sold them at the store, I thought they just looked like cockroaches, I didn't think they were actually the bug." She laughed again, before listening to the other girl's answers. Analei didn't think that Acacia's answer was a weird food, and she nodded her head in agreement when Maggy said they weren't that weird. "What else do you put in a pie?!" Analei also liked seafood, so didn't find Maggy's choice weird either. "Seafood is nice!" Analei replied with a laugh, shrugging her shoulders. "Okay what about - what's the worst present you've ever gotten?"

Acacia didn't know if she'd ever come to terms with the idea of Analei eating bugs, pulling a face as her roommate explained. "Ew, still nasty!" She said firmly. Maggy mentioning chicken pot pie made her think for a moment, but she still shook her head. "Chicken pot pie is different though! It's not like buying a mince pie and getting like, beef! That's so gross!" She shrugged when Analei asked what they put in pies in America. "Normal stuff! Apple pie, cherry pie, pecan pie! Pies should be sweet, putting meat in there is just nasty!" She listened when Maggy talked, nodding in agreement about seafood. Acacia paused when Maggy described the food though. "Oh, I've had grits! It's not super common in Cali, but my dad makes it sometimes, it's alright." Analei's next question made Acacia pause. "Oh man, I dunno. I'll have to think about that." She said, thinking back to birthdays and christmasses past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back